I'd also like to ask the thread if they are still issuing the passholder cards anywhere when you activate your annual pass or has that stopped completely yet?

I'd also like to ask the thread if they are still issuing the passholder cards anywhere when you activate your annual pass or has that stopped completely yet?
You can go to any ticket window or Guest Relations window, outside or inside a park or at Disney Springs, to get an AP card.

I am sorry if this is a dumb question. We are going for 4 days, but might want to park hop on 1 day. Could I buy a 5 day base pass, and use the 5th day as a "park hopper" for one of those first 4 days?
EDIT; never mind, I solved my issue by reading the fine print!

I am sorry if this is a dumb question. We are going for 4 days, but might want to park hop on 1 day. Could I buy a 5 day base pass, and use the 5th day as a "park hopper" for one of those first 4 days?
EDIT; never mind, I solved my issue by reading the fine print!
Guessing you saw that no, this is not possible. If you wish to hop you will need to add the hopper option to the entire ticket.

Hi Disfriends!

I am a direct DVC member, and I purchased APs back in April when they first became available. I'm an AP newbie...this is my first AP ever. I plan to take a quick trip to WDW in August where I will activate my AP. (DH will active his AP when we go again in the fall.)

I'm dumb about all of this. How does this work, exactly? I have nothing to show that I have an AP, besides what it says in MDE. I assume I go to GS before I want to tap in to a park to activate it? But, beyond this, I'm clueless. Am I then given something when I activate the AP to take through the tapstile? When I go to make merchandise purchases or go to a TS restaurant that has AP discounts, what do I show CMs who ask to prove my AP status? As a DVC member, I have the DVC card with the "Y" in my digital wallet to show CMs when they ask, but I'm wondering what I need to show folks when I'm asked about my AP?

Any info folks have about how to guide a new AP holder would be most appreciated. Thanks so much and have a terrific day!

With regard to the turnstile, my MDE account that shows I am an AP is linked to my magic band. So I just scan in like I normally would and enter the park. Otherwise, I think you could either use your physical AP card (which isn't really necesarry these days with everything on your MDE account) or show them the tickets and apsses tab on your MDE account on your phone (it shows you are an AP). For merchandise and food discounts, I just hold up that same screen on my MDE account showing I am an AP member. The CM scans it and I get the discount. Hope that info helps

@The Foolish Mortal thank you! So, another dumb question...Will I get a physical AP card when I activate my AP at GS? If so, what size is it? Is it credit card size? or larger? Just curious...
They are standard credit card size. I've heard they've been trying to discourage them, but I will be requesting them as well when we activate in a few weeks (we let our APs lapse during covid) since the kids don't have MDE accounts and like the physical cards for discount convenience and so on. So as long as they offer them, we will still be getting them :)

They are standard credit card size. I've heard they've been trying to discourage them, but I will be requesting them as well when we activate in a few weeks (we let our APs lapse during covid) since the kids don't have MDE accounts and like the physical cards for discount convenience and so on. So as long as they offer them, we will still be getting them :)
Agree that they seme to be discouraging them. This year is the first time that I am an AP, so I don't know how it used to be. But in April, I had to ask two different cast members before I got my family's physical cards.

That said, I quickly learned that there is not much point in the cards anymore. They don't have an expiration date on them. So even if you flash one, the CM will likely still want to see it on your MDE screen so they can confirm your AP is still current. Since April the only time our AP cards have actually come in handy was an odd incident where I was on Slinky Dog while my partner and our toddler were trying to redeem their LL reservation on the Swirling Saucers. I had our toddler's park card in my pocket (he is too young for a MB), so my partner couldn't prove he was booked on the LL (I manage all our LL form my MDE account and she couldn't find his reservation on hers). So she showed the CM his AP card, they swiped it, and somehow that verified he had a LL reservation (or, at least, it convinced the CM just to let him on). So it was helpful in that one incident

Since April the only time our AP cards have actually come in handy was an odd incident where I was on Slinky Dog while my partner and our toddler were trying to redeem their LL reservation on the Swirling Saucers. I had our toddler's park card in my pocket (he is too young for a MB), so my partner couldn't prove he was booked on the LL (I manage all our LL form my MDE account and she couldn't find his reservation on hers). So she showed the CM his AP card, they swiped it, and somehow that verified he had a LL reservation (or, at least, it convinced the CM just to let him on). So it was helpful in that one incident
The AP cards are linked to MDE (just like MagicBands), so they can be used to redeem LL selections.

Hypothetical question: We expect the annual price increase again this year. Can we buy our AP now and activate it in fall of 2024?

Looking to renew my annual pass while at WDW on my upcoming trip. My pass expires Nov 11 according to MDE, 60 days prior to that is Sept 12. Is my math right here or do I need to do 60 days from Nov 12 when it is no longer working? Sept 12 is my last day in FL so I'm wondering if I should get all my ducks in line or just wait a couple months and do it on the phone (I like to apply a park ticket toward the renewal and I like to do it in person).

Looking to renew my annual pass while at WDW on my upcoming trip. My pass expires Nov 11 according to MDE, 60 days prior to that is Sept 12. Is my math right here or do I need to do 60 days from Nov 12 when it is no longer working? Sept 12 is my last day in FL so I'm wondering if I should get all my ducks in line or just wait a couple months and do it on the phone (I like to apply a park ticket toward the renewal and I like to do it in person).
60 days from Nov. 11 should be fine, especially if you’re renewing in person.

Is pass price "bridging" only in person? I am going in September and I can save some money by buying with UT. I am considering buying a 6-day PH which will save me more money, but we are planning to be there for 10 days. I am a little worried about park reservations even though September is not that busy and the parks don't seem to be filling up. I would want to upgrade my pass to a DVC AP before arriving if I can still maintain the savings. Otherwise, I'll just buy a 10-day PH and save a little less.

Is pass price "bridging" only in person? I am going in September and I can save some money by buying with UT. I am considering buying a 6-day PH which will save me more money, but we are planning to be there for 10 days. I am a little worried about park reservations even though September is not that busy and the parks don't seem to be filling up. I would want to upgrade my pass to a DVC AP before arriving if I can still maintain the savings. Otherwise, I'll just buy a 10-day PH and save a little less.
Upgrading (and bridging) a ticket to a DVC Sorcerer pass is now available over the phone by calling DVC member services - they will verify your membership and then transfer you to ticketing. I just did this a month ago - so great that it can be done over the phone now! I also bought the tickets through UT and had no issues.

A family member bought 7 day park tickets last summer and ended up not going on the trip. Due to health issues, this family member is unlikely to ever make a trip. I am considering buying APs for my family in the near future. Are they able to transfer the tickets/credit (not sure which it is at this point) to me and I can use the price they paid towards the cost of a new AP? Can this be done over the phone?

Upgrading (and bridging) a ticket to a DVC Sorcerer pass is now available over the phone by calling DVC member services - they will verify your membership and then transfer you to ticketing. I just did this a month ago - so great that it can be done over the phone now! I also bought the tickets through UT and had no issues.

Great! Did they apply the gate price of the pass or your purchase price?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter