It’s been a while since I’ve tried to upgrade tickets. I bought the UT 5 day tickets when it was the kid pricing. How to I calculate the cost to upgrade to a AP? TIA :)

It’s been a while since I’ve tried to upgrade tickets. I bought the UT 5 day tickets when it was the kid pricing. How to I calculate the cost to upgrade to a AP? TIA :)
Cost to upgrade will be based on the price WDW sold the same (adult) ticket on the date you purchased the discounted ticket. If you bought recently, you can probably look it up online. If you bought a while ago and prices have increased, looking it up online now will to be a ballpark idea of the max credit if you didn't look up the price at the time of purchase.

So we use to be annual pass holders for many years. Didn't renew them when covid hit and finally just bought them again. I have plenty of magic bands and have the tickets linked on MDE on the app.

My question is, do I need to stop by customer service at MK tomorrow morning and do anything or will they work at the entrance with my phone and just go in?

So we use to be annual pass holders for many years. Didn't renew them when covid hit and finally just bought them again. I have plenty of magic bands and have the tickets linked on MDE on the app.

My question is, do I need to stop by customer service at MK tomorrow morning and do anything or will they work at the entrance with my phone and just go in?

If your tickets are linked in the MDE you can just go to the gate and scan your app or MB.

Thank you for this information and if this is the wrong place to ask this, I apologize.

As an AP holder, do I get any discount when purchasing MYW tickets for others in my group?
No.

Years ago they would offer a short-time promotion for friends and family tickets occasionally, but they haven't done that in years.

This has probably been answered somewhere already, but I did a search and couldn't find an answer. I'm going with two people in December for a short trip. Animal kingdom one day and Epcot the next. I would like to park hop the night after the animal kingdom day but the other two will not want to do that. Can I add park hopper on just my ticket with a package? I tried doing it on the website, but I only see an option to do it for all three people. There's no point in paying for park hopper for them when they won't even use it. If I can't do it, I'll just go to downtown Disney or something that night but really wanted to go to HS or MK. Thanks

This has probably been answered somewhere already, but I did a search and couldn't find an answer. I'm going with two people in December for a short trip. Animal kingdom one day and Epcot the next. I would like to park hop the night after the animal kingdom day but the other two will not want to do that. Can I add park hopper on just my ticket with a package? I tried doing it on the website, but I only see an option to do it for all three people. There's no point in paying for park hopper for them when they won't even use it. If I can't do it, I'll just go to downtown Disney or something that night but really wanted to go to HS or MK. Thanks
You can add park hopper to only your ticket once there. Not sure if it can be done prior to first use if your tickets are part of a package. @lanejudy will be able to respond to that.

Can I add park hopper on just my ticket with a package?
As @scrappinginontario responded, for a package booking everybody must have the same tickets. That means same number of park days, same add-ons (PH and/or water parks). You have 2 options: 1) once you arrive you can upgrade just your ticket to add the hopper; or 2) cancel the tickets off the package, leaving a "basic package" which is a room-only reservation with package terms (due date, etc.) and buy everybody the ticket they want. Probably #1 is easier, but you won't have the hopper on your ticket until you arrive. I'm not entirely up on how that impacts G+ or ILL$, so if that is a concern, you might option for #2.

I noticed park hopper plus tickets are showing as a bigger discount than regular park hopper tickets at 3rd party websites (UT, etc.). If my goal is to upgrade these tickets to annual passes, would I still lock in the discount with these park hopper plus tickets like I do with regular ones or are there other restrictions?

I noticed park hopper plus tickets are showing as a bigger discount than regular park hopper tickets at 3rd party websites (UT, etc.). If my goal is to upgrade these tickets to annual passes, would I still lock in the discount with these park hopper plus tickets like I do with regular ones or are there other restrictions?

Yes. Your credit will be equal to the WDW online price at the time you bought your ticket, regardless of what amount of savings from the 3rd party reseller.

I have always had a Magicband when heading to the parks. I have some friends going here in a few days. They linked their tickets into the app and the little QR code shows under the ticket section. Will this work for entrance into the park or do they have to add the tickets to the new Magic Mobile for entrance? Thanks!

I have always had a Magicband when heading to the parks. I have some friends going here in a few days. They linked their tickets into the app and the little QR code shows under the ticket section. Will this work for entrance into the park or do they have to add the tickets to the new Magic Mobile for entrance? Thanks!
Magic Mobile is when you don't want to use a Magicband and want to use either your phone or an Apple Watch as your ticket.

If they have Magicbands, Magic Mobile is not necessary.

This will allow them to enter the park. If they do not have MagicBands they will be given a card which they can use for park entry after that and tapping into attractions if they purchase Genie+. We used cards like that at DL last year and found it quite convenient. Easier than using my phone.

Ok thank you! Will they be given a card there where they scan their fingers, or do they have to go to a Guest Services window first to get the card?

A CM will give it to them when they tap in for the first time. I believe it’s offered but if not, as they’re tapping in the first time they can request it from the CM at their tap station.

Magic Mobile is when you don't want to use a Magicband and want to use either your phone or an Apple Watch as your ticket.

If they have Magicbands, Magic Mobile is not necessary.
Yes I get that. We’ve always had Magicbands, but my friends that are going DONT have them. So I was just seeing if they had to set up MagicMobile or go to guest relations first. But another poster mentioned they can use the linked ticket in their phone to scan and be given a hard ticket then. Thanks!

Yes I get that. We’ve always had Magicbands, but my friends that are going DONT have them. So I was just seeing if they had to set up MagicMobile or go to guest relations first. But another poster mentioned they can use the linked ticket in their phone to scan and be given a hard ticket then. Thanks!
My apologies if I misread - They can use MagicMobile (it's great!) or yes, they can get one of the cards from the ticket window if they want to use a card.

I would recommend they don't have all the tickets on 1 phone because scanning all that is a slow process, especially if using Genie+.

Last June when we went with family three got the cards and 6 of us had bands. I managed them with my MDE. It worked fine, even with DAS too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter