VALUE of EXPIRED TICKETS:
Tickets currently being sold will expire if not first-used on or before Dec. 31, 2019.

However, if this ticket is never used by a guest and allowed to expire,
the purchase price of the ticket is not "lost" to the guest.
The unused and expired ticket can be turned in at WDW and its original purchase price can be applied to the purchase of a new ticket.

If a multi-day MYW ticket was purchased before Feb. 12, 2017, as long as the ticket has not been used to enter any park gate, it is considered "unused" and remains valid forever with no expiration date.

Hi @Robo,
1. the above from post#2 in 2017 still applies, right? We booked a free dining package for this Aug.,
2. want to prioritize our AP's over the purchased 2 day park tickets. So we're going to Guest Services for the physical 2 day tickets that we won't be able to use by 12/31/19.
3. Want to be sure that we can upgrade them in 2020 and not feel pressured to squeeze in a short trip by 12/31/19.
1. Yes.
2. If you just create a "fake name" in your MDX account, you will be able to TRANSFER those 2-day tickets under that
"name" (after you check in on your Free Dining trip) and those tickets will remain safe and unused until you are ready to use or upgrade them (or trade them in after expiration) in the future.
3. That'll work. Have fun!

So we are booked on a room/ticket package for Sept. Planning on upgrading to AP at that time as we are also coming in Nov and possibly April :)
Do i calculate the price difference using the ticket price with tax posted on the link? I wasn't sure with our tickets being part of a pkg if that would make a difference or not.
there are 3 of us, 6 day single park tickets with pkg. I am figuring around $1419 will be what we will need to pay down there.

So we are booked on a room/ticket package for Sept. Planning on upgrading to AP at that time as we are also coming in Nov and possibly April :)

1. Do i calculate the price difference using the ticket price with tax posted on the link?
2. I wasn't sure with our tickets being part of a pkg if that would make a difference or not.
3. there are 3 of us, 6 day single park tickets with pkg. I am figuring around $1419 will be what we will need to pay down there.
1. Yes.
2. What guests PAY for a discounted ticket (package tickets are "discounted tickets")
does not affect the cost of upgrading.
3. Edited:
There are 3 of you, EACH guest with 5-day Base (single park) tickets.
A current 5-day Base ticket is worth $420.68 w/tax in an upgrade situation.

Last edited:
1. Yes.
2. What guests PAY for a discounted ticket (package tickets are "discounted tickets")
3. I don't understand.
There are 3 of you, EACH guest with Two-day Base (single park) tickets, correct?
A Two-day Base ticket is valued at $222.59 w/tax.
Nope 3 of us with 5 dy base tickets [i was corrected by DH..i thought we had 6 dy base tickets]
so my new math puts us at 1450 and change to upgrade then when we get down there.....based on first time AP price of 904.19 per person.
This should be close enough....just wanting to have a good guestimate as we make out our budget for the trip!

1. Yes.
3. I don't understand.
There are 3 of you, EACH guest with Two-day Base (single park) tickets, correct?
A Two-day Base ticket is valued at $222.59 w/tax.
Oh and THANKS for all your info!

Nope 3 of us with 5 dy base tickets [i was corrected by DH..i thought we had 6 dy base tickets]
so my new math puts us at 1450 and change to upgrade then when we get down there.....based on first time AP price of 904.19 per person.
This should be close enough....just wanting to have a good guestimate as we make out our budget for the trip!

$904.19 Platinum AP x3: $2712.57
$420.68 5-Base Ticket x3: $1262.04

So...
$2712.57
=1450.53

You are correct!

(all prices include tax)

So this will be our first time using Annual Passes... We will be arriving at BLT around 3 in the afternoon and have FP's at MK starting at 5:30... What is our best/most efficient method for activating the AP's and getting into MK?

So this will be our first time using Annual Passes... We will be arriving at BLT around 3 in the afternoon and have FP's at MK starting at 5:30... What is our best/most efficient method for activating the AP's and getting into MK?
You should have short lines at the Guest Relations just outside the MK gates. (#9 on the map below.)

Bring your legal photo IDs (you should really carry those every day at WDW) and
your MagicBands and Guest Relations can activate your APs just before entering the park.

(I'd walk over to MK by 4:30-ish, just be be ahead of things.)

MK_Gates_090817_zpsz6xveu0x.jpg

MK-to-CRBLT NoDock_052715_zpskm24ursn.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

Can I “upgrade” a 3 day base ticket to a 2 day parkhopper? I understand that I will be losing money and that’s ok.

Trying to buy a package through costco and the minimim ticket is a 3 day base. Everyone else in the party will have 2 day parkhoppers and ideally, I would like to have the same.

Thanks!

Hi,

Can I “upgrade” a 3 day base ticket to a 2 day parkhopper? I understand that I will be losing money and that’s ok.

Trying to buy a package through costco and the minimim ticket is a 3 day base. Everyone else in the party will have 2 day parkhoppers and ideally, I would like to have the same.

Thanks!

"Officially" an upgrade must cost the same or more than the original ticket.
But, it is possible that the ticket/guest relations CM will do what you want.
(The difference is less than $10, anyway.)
There have been many times when the CM will be accommodating to make the guest happy.
Just ask nicely.
Please post back with the results.

@Robo Just to double check...if someone booked their package before the ticket price increase, if they add a day, will their ticket cost now be at the new prices? Even if they use the tickets first before upgrading?

In MDE, my grandson has a 5-day PH ticket linked and we added a 1-day base ticket and assigned it to him to give him a total of 6 days' admission. The system is letting us do 6 days of Fastpasses for him. However, it only shows the 5-day PH ticket under his name. Is the 1-day base ticket also supposed to show up under his name??

Also, we want to use the 5-day PH ticket first, and then use the 1-day base ticket on our last day at WDW since it will be just a partial day and entering only one park on that last day. If I call MDE help, will they be able to prioritize his two tickets to use the 5-day PH ticket first before the 1-day base ticket??

And last, I am not sure if I have ever used any days off of the 10-day No Expiration ticket that I have linked to myself. How do I find out for certain how many days are left??

I have a 6-day base ticket (NO Expiration) purchased June 2011. It has never been used at all. I could not link to MDE using the code on the back. ( I called ticketing and was told the ticket would have to be brought to GS for them to link).

For our upcoming trip later this month, I would like to convert that old ticket into an AP. I saw the chart for prices for 2016 (which I suppose is the chart I am to use); however, no prices were given on that chart for the No Expiration option. How can I find out what that ticket would be valued at with the NE option, so I will know the difference to pay for a DVC AP.
(The 6-day base ticket for 2016 was listed at 378.08). The tickets were purchased through Undercover Tourist.

@Robo Just to double check...if someone booked their package before the ticket price increase, if they add a day, will their ticket cost now be at the new prices? Even if they use the tickets first before upgrading?
(Using a ticket before upgrading (or not) does not affect the cost of the upgrade.)

Assuming that your package tickets are "2017 tickets..."

Ticket bought from an Authorized Reseller/Discounter
Ticket bought as part of a WDW Resort Package:
Ticket bought at a Disney Store:
A __ Created BEFORE Feb.12,2017 - (2016) Prices HERE.
B __
Created BETWEEN Feb.12,2017 & Feb.11,2018 (2017) Prices HERE.
C __
Created ON and AFTER Feb.11,2018. (2018) Price list HERE.

A __________
Find the full Disney 2016 price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the 2016 Price list HERE.
Subtract that 2016 price from the current 2018 full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT. 2018 Price list HERE.
Pay that difference price for the upgrade.

B __________
Find the full Disney 2017 price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the 2017 Price list HERE.
Subtract that 2017 price from the current 2018 full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT. 2018 Price list HERE.

C __________
Find the full Disney 2018 price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the 2018 Price list HERE.
Subtract that 2018 price from the current full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT on the (same) 2018 Price list.

Last edited:
In MDE,

1. my grandson has a 5-day PH ticket linked and we added a 1-day base ticket and assigned it to him to give him a total of 6 days' admission.
2. The system is letting us do 6 days of Fastpasses for him. However, it only shows the 5-day PH ticket under his name.
3. Is the 1-day base ticket also supposed to show up under his name??

4. Also, we want to use the 5-day PH ticket first, and then use the 1-day base ticket on our last day at WDW since it will be just a partial day and entering only one park on that last day.
5. If I call MDE help, will they be able to prioritize his two tickets to use the 5-day PH ticket first before the 1-day base ticket??

And last, I am not sure if I have ever used any days off of the 10-day No Expiration ticket that I have linked to myself.
6. How do I find out for certain how many days are left??

1. That is an expensive way to buy/use tickets. It is seldom wise to use more than one ticket per multi-day trip.**
2. Sounds like the MDX knows that he have 6m days worth of tickets.
3. MDX is so notoriously GLITHY, I'd not worry too much about what it "shows."
(Check the MDX phone app and see what it shows.)
4. OK, however, did not that ticket cost nearly $100, by itself?**
5. Ticket Priority is handled by WDW Guest Relations at any of the parks and Disney Springs.
6. You can try making "test" FP+ reservations for multiple days. You will be able to book FP+ only on the number of days
that you have valid tickets.
Otherwise, you can ask at a ticket booth or Guest Relations at WDW.

**Where/when did you buy that one-day ticket?
There should be a much better way to use that one-day ticket to its best advantage, and just upgrade the 5-day PH for
actual use on this trip.

I have a 6-day base ticket (NO Expiration) purchased June 2011. It has never been used at all. I could not link to MDE using the code on the back. ( I called ticketing and was told the ticket would have to be brought to GS for them to link).

For our upcoming trip later this month, I would like to convert that old ticket into an AP.
1. I saw the chart for prices for 2016 (which I suppose is the chart I am to use);
2. however, no prices were given on that chart for the No Expiration option.
3. How can I find out what that ticket would be valued at with the NE option, so I will know the difference to pay for a DVC AP.
(The 6-day base ticket for 2016 was listed at 378.08). The tickets were purchased through Undercover Tourist.
1. That's a problem.
2. There was not an option for "No Expiration" in 2016.
3. Sorry, but I don't know how they will handle that.

You can see how much your ticket cost at WDW in 2011 by checking HERE.
But, I don't know how that would relate to your upgrade situation.

Ok guys, I have searched for this answer before posting, but I could not find anything definitive.

We are silver AP passholders with our anniversary date in September.

We are considering upgrading to gold APs so we can enjoy a summer visit.

Questions:
1. When you upgrade from Silver to Gold AP, is your anniversary date kept the same, or does your anniversary date now become the upgrade date?
2. If the anniversary date is kept the same, is there some reduction in the upgrade price, since some of the exclusive "gold" days have already passed?
3. Finally, we are paying monthly, on the plan afforded to Florida residents. Is it true that the down payment portion is waived if we renewed at our normal anniversary date? How will upgrading to Gold impact that?

Confusing enough? Thanks in advance!

So i think i found a problem with my ticket plan! i was going to buy an UT ticket to use for our dec trip. Upgrade while there to an annual pass, we are going again at the end of January. I am going to be SOL with fast passes for January! my fastpasses will go on the ticket days for dec and because its not an AP yet i wont be able to make them for the Jan trip. I am right here....right? is my only option to buy the AP direct from disney?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter