This is weirdly specific: I recently upgraded 4 residential explore disney tickets to a silver AP. I am contemplating upgrading the silver AP to a gold. I was told I could do this no problem BUT here's the weirdly specific part: I have a discounted ticket that I purchased through work that is linked to my MDE and was wondering if I could apply this to the upgrade. I know I can't combine different tickets for an upgrade but any ideas about whether I can apply the discounted ticketed to this second upgrade? Follow up: What if this was the only upgrade I was making (silver to gold AP), could I apply the ticket then?? Thanks!

This is weirdly specific:
A. I recently upgraded 4 residential explore disney tickets to a silver AP. I am contemplating upgrading the silver AP to a gold. I was told I could do this no problem BUT here's the weirdly specific part:
1. I have a discounted ticket that I purchased through work that is linked to my MDE and was wondering if I could apply this to the upgrade.
2. I know I can't combine different tickets for an upgrade but
3. any ideas about whether I can apply the discounted ticketed to this second upgrade?
Follow up:
4. What if this was the only upgrade I was making (silver to gold AP), could I apply the ticket then??
1. That can depend on the kind of ticket that you bought.
2. Correct.
3. You can always ask, nicely.
4. I'll just say that doesn't matter one way or the other.
Tickets can be upgraded any number of times until they are "maxed out."

A. When you say FOUR residential tickets to "a" Silver AP, do you mean you upgraded FOUR tickets into "ONE" AP?

A. yes, I upgraded FOUR tickets I purchased through the FL resident discover disney deal to one silver AP

my question is whether this counts as combining tickets since I used the four tickets to upgrade to the silver AP and now want to upgrade the silver AP to a gold AP using a one day ticket I purchased through work. To put it another way, would they view this as two separate upgrades or view it as combining different ticket for an upgrade.

The question I was asking in 4. is if I had purchased a silver AP without any ticket upgrades, would I be able to trade in the one day ticket I got from work for the upgrade to gold. But the answer isn't really important.

The ticket I want to use to upgrade from silver AP to gold is a 1-Day College Days Starter Package ticket...

Hi everyone,

We have 2 day tickets for our trip (not hoppers). Additionally, our close friend gave us complimentary park hopper tickets for one day. We have plans to use the park hoppers on our THIRD touring day as I want to go to MK and hop to Epcot for dinner. I linked the comp tickers to MDE, and now under tickets it lists: “2 day base ticket” and “1-day Magic Your Way Ticket with Park Hopper Option - Complimentary”

When we go to our first park day how do I make sure we use our base tickets first so I can save our hopper ticket for our third and final day?

Thanks!

When we go to our first park day how do I make sure we use our base tickets first so I can save our hopper ticket for our third and final day?
Before going to a park entrance gate the first time, go to a Guest Relations outside a park or at Disney Springs and have the PRIORITY of your tickets set so that the base tickets are set to the highest priority. That way, they will be used FIRST.
(This is a very common procedure for the choosing of which tickets get "used next" at the gates.)

Last edited:
A. yes, I upgraded FOUR tickets I purchased through the FL resident discover disney deal to one silver AP

B. my question is whether this counts as combining tickets
C. since I used the four tickets to upgrade to the silver AP
D. and now want to upgrade the silver AP to a gold AP using a one day ticket I purchased through work.
E. To put it another way, would they view this as two separate upgrades or view it as combining different ticket for an upgrade.

The question I was asking in 4. is if I had purchased a silver AP without any ticket upgrades, would I be able to trade in the one day ticket I got from work for the upgrade to gold. But the answer isn't really important.

The ticket I want to use to upgrade from silver AP to gold is a 1-Day College Days Starter Package ticket...
A. That is very odd.
B. Yes. That would be combining multiple tickets to create one new ticket.
C. Yes, and that is normally not allowed.
D. That can depend on the kind of ticket that you bought.
E. You would be using one ticket to help upgrade another.
OTOH, since they already did do something that is not normally allowed,
(one of the primary ticket rules) there's no telling what they will or won't do next.
But, the fact that any ticket has been upgraded previously does not affect its ability to be upgraded again, as
long as it has "room" to be upgraded.

You can always ask, nicely.

Last edited:
We have a free dining trip booked in December, so have the 4 day PH tickets that are required. We are also taking a quick trip this summer, room only, and are planning on buying discounted tickets from a reseller. From what I understand, we can't activate the tickets that are part of the FD package early. I don't think I can re-assign the PH tickets already tied to our names to fake account (which is what we usually do when we have multiple tickets). Can a phone CM set the priority for the tickets, or do I need to do it in person at the gate? Will this affect getting advance FP?

We have a free dining trip booked in December, so have the 4 day PH tickets that are required. We are also taking a quick trip this summer, room only, and are planning on buying discounted tickets from a reseller. From what I understand,
1. we can't activate the tickets that are part of the FD package early.
2. I don't think I can re-assign the PH tickets already tied to our names to fake account (which is what we usually do when we have multiple tickets).
3. Can a phone CM set the priority for the tickets, or
4. do I need to do it in person at the gate?
5. Will this affect getting advance FP?
1. Only up to 10 days before check-in, so no.
2. Yes, you can.
3. Not normally.
4. Yes (but you can do the "re-assign to a fake name" workaround, instead.)
5. Not if you have assigned the discount tickets to your regular accounts.

1. Only up to 10 days before check-in, so no.
2. Yes, you can.
3. Not normally.
4. Yes (but you can do the "re-assign to a fake name" workaround, instead.)
5. Not if you have assigned the discount tickets to your regular accounts.

Thanks! Maybe the reason I don't see the option to re-assign the FD package tickets is because I haven't finished paying the balance yet (right now it says non-transferrable)?

Before going to a park entrance gate the first time, go to a Guest Relations outside a park or at Disney Springs and have the PRIORITY of your tickets set so that the base tickets are set to the highest priority. That way, they will be used FIRST.
(This is a very common procedure for the choosing of which tickets get "used next" at the gates.)
Thanks! I will plan on going to the Disney Springs Guest Relations on our arrival day since we weren’t hitting any parks that day anyways.

Thanks! Maybe the reason I don't see the option to re-assign the FD package tickets is because I haven't finished paying the balance yet

(right now it says non-transferrable)?

Have you actually TRIED to transfer the tickets to another "guest?"

Thanks! Maybe the reason I don't see the option to re-assign the FD package tickets is because I haven't finished paying the balance yet (right now it says non-transferrable)?
We couldn't reassign our PH package tickets to a dummy account until the day the tickets became active on check in day. Then it worked.

I have a question about the park hopper plus ticket. What does that means when they say that the ticket includes "other fun" and then mentions a golf course. Is golf included with the park hopper plus ticket?

We bought 5 day PH tickets from Undercover Tourist and want to add the waterpark option when we get there. Is golf included?

1. Is golf included with the park hopper plus ticket?

We bought 5 day PH tickets from Undercover Tourist and want to add the waterpark option when we get there.
2. Is golf included?
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
Ticket Sticky at the top of this forum. said:
"Secondary" parks and venues:
Most are a part of the "Park Hopper PLUS" (formerly known as the "Water Parks Fun & More") ticket option.
Blizzard Beach Water Park
Typhoon Lagoon Water Park

The following locations are often referred to by WDW as "Fun options" in relation to the WP ticket option.
Oak Trail Golf Course (One round. Guest must arrange tee time & golf clubs.)
Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf (Play before 4:00 p.m. One visit per day.)
Winter Summerland Miniature Golf (Play before 4:00 p.m. One visit per day.)
ESPN Wide World of Sports (Most activities at WWS also require an additional paid admission.)

Last edited:
We couldn't reassign our PH package tickets to a dummy account until the day the tickets became active on check in day. Then it worked.

Thank you! I guess this is what we'll have to do :)

Have you actually TRIED to transfer the tickets to another "guest?"
I did. In MDE, the ticket is not clickable, and says "non-transferrable". The info screen says "Paperless Tickets that are expired, in-use or that were purchased as part of a package cannot be assigned to anyone else. Only the owner of a ticket may assign it to another Guest"

Hello. I can get pretty good prices on tickets through "Tickets at work". When I order them, will I just get a number I can use to link to My Disney account so they are loaded on our bands? I am not sure how it all works, sorry!

Hello. I can get pretty good prices on tickets through "Tickets at work". When I order them,
1. will I just get a number I can use to link to My Disney account
2. so they are loaded on our bands?

1a. You might get sent ticket "numbers" but not necessarily.
You MIGHT have to specifically ASK for the numbers to be sent to you.
You sometimes will be sent "hard plastic RFID tickets" in the mail.
The ticket numbers can be put in to your MDX account.

2. Nothing is ever "loaded on" your MagicBands.
Once the ticket info (and any other WDW info) is loaded into your MyDisneyExperience
account, all of those things can be ACCESSED via your MagicBands.
The MBs are just a link (a digital "key") to your MDX account.

1b. Normally, guests who are not sent "hard plastic RFID tickets" in the mail can pick them up at a ticket booth
or Guest Relations at WDW.
If guests have MagicBands and the ticket info is in put into their MDX account,
they do not need to get "hard plastic RFID tickets," but they CAN if they'd like them for "back-up."

Last edited:
Hi @Robo , I’ve got another one for you!

We have one 3-day PH that was comped to us from a problem we had, it is in my husband’s MDE.

Do you think we can call and upgrade that to a 9dph for our upcoming trip? (And just pay the difference between between the 3 day and 9 day?)

Thanks!! :flower1:

Hi @Robo , I’ve got another one for you!

We have one 3-day PH that was comped to us from a problem we had, it is in my husband’s MDE.

Do you think we can call and upgrade that to a 9dph for our upcoming trip? (And just pay the difference between between the 3 day and 9 day?)

Thanks!!

If it is truly a "comp" ticket, it has no built-in monetary value.
Therefore (unlike a regular ticket that does have a monetary cost,) there is no "value" to charge against an upgrade.

Only Disney can decide if they will do the upgrade for you, and at what cost.

Call WDW Ticketing at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

...and ask nicely.

If it is truly a "comp" ticket, it has no built-in monetary value.
Therefore (unlike a regular ticket that does have a monetary cost,) there is no "value" to charge against an upgrade.

Only Disney can decide if they will do the upgrade for you, and at what cost.

Call WDW Ticketing at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

...and ask nicely.
Thank you!! That makes sense.

VALUE of EXPIRED TICKETS:
Tickets currently being sold will expire if not first-used on or before Dec. 31, 2019.

However, if this ticket is never used by a guest and allowed to expire,
the purchase price of the ticket is not "lost" to the guest.
The unused and expired ticket can be turned in at WDW and its original purchase price can be applied to the purchase of a new ticket.

If a multi-day MYW ticket was purchased before Feb. 12, 2017, as long as the ticket has not been used to enter any park gate, it is considered "unused" and remains valid forever with no expiration date.

Hi @Robo,
the above from post#2 in 2017 still applies, right? We booked a free dining package for this Aug., want to prioritize our AP's over the purchased 2 day park tickets. So we're going to Guest Services for the physical 2 day tickets that we won't be able to use by 12/31/19. Want to be sure that we can upgrade them in 2020 and not feel pressured to squeeze in a short trip by 12/31/19.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter