• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ticket Problem

In defense of Ticketmania-I pushed the wrong button when buying the park hoppers with the x-tra plusses(special from mousesavers) and got charged an extra $5.00. I called and they sent a refund with the tickets even though it was my mistake. I think this is a stand up company.

I must admit I am a little nervous, but like I said before it just might have been a computer error. What I do know is we saved a TON of money. We ordered two 6 day passes, which came with 4 pluses. That means we can use one each this time, and save the rest for next time. We paid the exact same price as we would have from Disney, minus 12.00 each, and got 4 pluses. That means we saved over 200.00 for the future.

I really hope that this company comes through for the OP because I know how sressful something like this could be on vacation.

I also hope this company does come through because I would like to keep saving like this for years to come.

Update: I got back from Universal this morning and my tickets worked fine. I had two messages from Ticketmania waiting for me and when I called they knew exactly who I was (read: this doesn't happen often).

The guy I spoke with told me they purchase in large batches and this had happened once before, but they've literally purchased thousands of tickets without any problem. He said it was most likely a problem when they got the ticket from Disney.

Ticketmania is going to credit me for the whole park hopper (I still paid for the Disney Quest and Universal, but this is what I requested). This seems fair to me because even though I had to spend around $210 for one day passes I still got credit for the park hoppers which were $392.

I need to send them in the voided tickets and the Disney case number so they could track them down with Disney and figure out what happened.

For those of you questioning whether the discounts are good enough, consider this:

1) If you order them in advance it may help you budget better by paying a month or two in advance.

2) $20 savings per person isn't a terribly large amount, but it's a dinner, or two lunches, etc.

3) If you order in advance then you can bypass the ticket purchase line when you get there. This was the major reason I ordered. You can also purchase E-Nights when you get to your hotel (Assume Disney resort hotel)

For those of you asking about the dates printed on my tickets: Mine also had very recent dates.

So assuming ticketmania does credit my credit my account (I believe they will), I'm a happy man. I've done damage control with my significant other and ticketmania is making good on their side.

In other news, Universal Islands of Adventure was great this morning. The park was close to empty until around noon and we were able to ride as many times as we wanted with no lines until the crowds filled in.

OK. I feel much better. My panic state has gone. Still a teeny bit nervous, but I know it will be ok.

Thanks to all of you who contacted ticketmania via email or phone. Ya'll helped me ease my panic away.

**BAMATIGGER NOT SHAKING OUTTA HER SHOES ANYMORE**

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

THANK YOU for posting this info!!! Glad to hear your vacation is going great!!

Thanks for posting an update.....I'm sure there are many folks waiting to read it...:D

Wow! What a great thread. Thank you rupprath for keeping us so fully updated. Anxiety was setting in for me too & I haven't even ordered from them! Everyone is so helpful on here that even when a worst case scenario happens ("bad " passes part way through trip -- cough up MORE $ on that stretched credit card...) I feel better that things can be resolved OK. I am very relieved that your Universal Passes worked fine. Lots of great posts on here.

Great news! I wondered what had happened all day while I was at work, and I am glad that now everyone can breathe easier and go to WDW and have tons of fun!

Ok, I had to send ticketmania a email. They sent me a speedy response. As you will see the grammer is horrible. Not that I am a grammer teacher or anything. The response was:
Hello, my name is Anita I am customer service manager. I do not know what happened we do not deal in used tickets never have I have not talked to the person yet I did try to call could not get through to him its just a mix up I think this is just a fluke sometimes this happens not very often we are with the BBB you call call them if you wish.
At least they answered me and from hearing from them and all of you I feel a lot more relaxed.

rupprath I want to commend you on your manner in which you handled this situation. You provided the facts yet did not rant and rave about your dilema and did not bad mouth ticketmania. I hope that your vacation was still magical even though you had to deal with the headache of figuring out what was going on. Once again Bravo on your attitude and actions.

I'm with the4moores
You handled the situation in a great way and very happy that all worked out for you.

I thought of you 4 times today and was thankful to hear that all is now taken care of.

Please write a trip report so we can hear about the good stuff that you have had happen to you on your trip.
PhotobearSam;)

So would anyone still reccomend them ?
I WAS planning on purchasing my tickets from them, but now I'm not so sure.

:jester: 109 :jester:

For what you'd pay on shipping to the UK, I would just save the shipping money and spend a few more dollars at your resort or at the gate and buy the ticket there.

However, if you want to have them before you leave, then use Ticketmania. They clearly state that the passes are 100% guaranteed, so if anything does go wrong, you're assured a replacement.

Without hesitation.

I've never had any trouble using them and don't anticipate any problem in the future. I'm guessing this was just a fluke mistake.

I too was very impressed with the way the original poster handled this. If she had followed other posters examples (not in this thread) she would have been threatening to sue them or demanding a free trip due to "Stress" over this. Bravo to the original poster!

I agree. I dont regret not ONE BIT buying my tickets from them. This was just one mistake that was handled very well and taken care of.

And see---I was the one in a state of panic!!:rolleyes:

I feel much better and not worrying about my tickets at all. :)

BAMATIGGER IS HAPPY AGAIN!:p

Thank you for posting your experiences! It's good to know Ticketmania is a stand up company. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

I'm glad Bamatigger is happy again :)

I'd recommend them. Remember, every company will have a problem from time to time. It's how they deal with the problem which is important.

A large number of people from this forum have purchased their tickets from Ticketmania, and this was the first time we've ever heard of any type of issue. Ticketmania was very quick in correcting this as soon as they found out about it, and I'm very happy with the way they handled everything.

Remember you can always take the customer service cell phone number with you and they do have a local office in Orlando.

I'd also like to add another reason to my list of why you should order with them:

If you order your tickets ahead of time you will have plenty of time to make a photocopy of the tickets (Front and Back). If you happen to lose the park hoppers at Disney and you have the numbers on the back then you'll be able to get a replacement at guest services. Remember that you'll be pulling the tickets out quite freqently for FastPass and they could get lost.

So here is my brief trip report

Thursday - We arrive in Orlando in the late evening around 11:30 PM. I pick up my rental car at the terminal and we make our way to the Wyndham Palace. Check in and hit the sack for an early start in the morning.

Friday - We were lazy and slept in a bit, but were on the go by 9:00 AM. We went to Epcot for the morning. It wasn't too crowded except for Test Track where we used FastPass. The Maelstorm was closed, but everything else I wanted to see was open. We left around 2:00 and went back to the hotel to rest. We got up, went to dinner and then to MK, arriving around 7:00 PM. Most visitors were getting lined up to see the parade so we were able to ride most of the attractions with little or no wait up until the closing at 10:00 PM. This was an E-Ticket night, and we had purchased E-Ticket admission so we were allowed to stay. Space Mountain was very crowded at the begining of E-Ticket so we went over to the Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, and the Train type roller coaster. We returned afterward and rode Space Mountain twice with a very short wait. We then rode all of the other attractions in Tomorrowland and had a blast staying until 1:00 AM.

Saturday - We got an early start and headed to MGM. I'm glad we did the MK the night before because it looked like most people were headed to MK that day. The park opened at 9:00 AM and we didn't see any wait until around noon. We played the Fastpass perfectly for the rides and were lucky to get into the shows without having to wait. We left around 2:00 PM and went back to the hotel to rest. After resting we arrived at Downtown Disney around 5:00 PM and went to Disney Quest. There were a lot of kids there and it was pretty crowded. I'm glad we got the discount tickets for this one and didn't pay full price because we didn't stay long. We had dinner at Wolfgang Pucks and checked out the stores in DTD. We saw the 9:00 showing of Cirque de Soleil and it was very good. I've seen the Quidam show locally here in Dallas and the "O" show in Vegas and I liked this one as well. We had great seats in the last row of the lower section in the dead middle. I believe these are the best seats in the place because patrons in the seats right up front have to look up to see the act. I came back from getting a drink to find the "Warm Up" act had chosen my girlfriend as their target!

Sunday - Got up early and went to Animal Kingdom. No lines until about 1:00. We decided to get our hand stamped because we bought the one day passes and wanted to return in the afternoon. In the evening we chose to see a movie at DTD

Monday - In the morning we went to Universal Islands of Adventure. The park wasn't busy at all until around 12:00. In the first two hours we probably rode every attraction we wanted to see. In the afternoon it was raining and we chose to go to Epcot to use our one day pass and see everything we missed on the first day.

Tuesday - Checked out in the early AM, back to the airport, and on our way back home.

We'll be back next year!

Glad to see your problems didnt spoil your holiday rupprath.

I have to admit I was a little worried, as I was about to order our Flextickets from Ticketmania. I shall now go ahead and order them,. As we go in just over 2 weeks I will arrange for them to be delivered direct to my hotel.

By the way, Ticketmania do not charge for shipping, even to UK.

This makes their prices a good deal for us.

Carol

We used our 5 day park hopper with 4 plusses last week with no problems. Sometimes problems or flukes happen. Ticketmania resolved the conflict promptly. I would still use them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter