• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will send out via mail about 30 days prior.
Ok another person here who doesn't really *get how magic bands work :o
If they come 30 days out, how will we book our fps 60 days out?
Thanks and sorry if this is a dumb question?

You book your FP from your MDE account, either on the app or on the website. The Magic bands are just a way to access your information (tickets, FP, etc) from your MDE acct when you are at Disney (or the airport for Magical Express).

I hope that makes sense. :)

Your FPs that you book are based on the number of ticket entitlements that are linked in your MDE account.

No one needs a MB. It's just an easier, wearable way to access your tickets and FPs when in the parks.

Great... thanks again. :)

Also just realized... if we are arriving on the afternoon of the 9th (Saturday - not planning on any parks))... and we will be going to the park starting on Sunday, 9/10/17.... if I get EMH on both the check-in and check-out date from my "throwaway"... then it would be more advantageous to book my "campsite" for the 10th and not on our actual arrival date, correct? That way I get the highest odds of having EMH on both 9/10 (check-in) and 9/11 (check-out)... correct?

That's what I would do...

You book your FP from your MDE account, either on the app or on the website. The Magic bands are just a way to access your information (tickets, FP, etc) from your MDE acct when you are at Disney (or the airport for Magical Express).

I hope that makes sense. :)
Your FPs that you book are based on the number of ticket entitlements that are linked in your MDE account.

No one needs a MB. It's just an easier, wearable way to access your tickets and FPs when in the parks.

Thank you! so at what point do the magic bands get linked to the tickets?

Magically. You associate the tickets with the people in your profile in MDX. The bands, when you select them, are also associated with those people.

They get automatically linked to each person on the onsite room reservation. The MBs will be active when you receive them.

Your only task is to make sure tickets are linked to each person in your MDE account.

They get automatically linked to each person on the onsite room reservation. The MBs will be active when you receive them.

Your only task is to make sure tickets are linked to each person in your MDE account.
OK so the MB is a portal to the MDE, not necessarily to the ticket? So for my throwaway room, I would book/buy tickets and all in this order, if I understand correctly:
1. Book resort reservation asap
2. Some point prior to 60 days out, purchase tickets and link to MDE.
3. Start assigning FP+ on rolling basis each day of park visit being 60 days out. MDE, knowing I have a resort reservation, will allow me to select my FPs.
3. Approximately 30 days prior, receive Magic Bands that will link to MDE and thus hold all info. (Question: there will be 4 of us, but if I request MBs for up to 10, do I need to have people with MDE accounts for them, or will they come unlinked?)
4. Visit parks.

Is this correct? Thank you,

OK so the MB is a portal to the MDE, not necessarily to the ticket? So for my throwaway room, I would book/buy tickets and all in this order, if I understand correctly:
3. Start assigning FP+ on rolling basis each day of park visit being 60 days out. MDE, knowing I have a resort reservation, will allow me to select my FPs.
3. Approximately 30 days prior, receive Magic Bands that will link to MDE and thus hold all info. (Question: there will be 4 of us, but if I request MBs for up to 10, do I need to have people with MDE accounts for them, or will they come unlinked?)
4. Visit parks.

Yes. As for #3: You can only get MBs for people on the reservation. So you get four. Those people need to be linked to you in MDX (if they have their own account) or be managed people in your account. That needs to be set up prior to doing FP+. You will assign tickets to them, and the magicbands will also be assigned to them when ordered.

4. Visit parks.

3. When your 60-day window opens, book FPs for check-in day and checkout day. Then, the window rolls forward beginning 60 days out from the first offsite park day (day after checkout day).
3a. MBs provide the link to all data in your MDE account. You will need 6 more people listed on your Family/Friends list and on the onsite reservation.

OK, so I called WDW to get campsite rates for March 10, 2018. They are not available on the online calendar as of yet. They said they won't be released until this summer, but I can book by phone. The tent site rates she quoted at over $125 a night! Are the rates quoted purposefully high because it is so far in advance? Basically, do I need to book my March 2018 throwaway site this far in advance, or can I risk waiting until summer when the 2018s appear online?

Moderator: If this isn't allowed please remove!

My family and I are headed to Disney April 1-8 and camping at Fort Wilderness. I can get a tent-only site for April 2-8, but nothing is available for the first. This is a long shot, but is there anyone here on the boards that might have a throwaway site that they aren't planning on using? Thanks in advance!

I can't help you, lynzi, but I'd suggest the following:
1) book a room at one of the all-star resorts
2) wait until the end of February and start checking every day, because people will be cancelling packages then.

I am probably way late to the game here but I thought I would throw it out there.

I am 35 days from arrival (3/11) with our first park day being 3/12. Is there any sense to trying for a throwaway room at this point?

I am probably way late to the game here but I thought I would throw it out there.

I am 35 days from arrival (3/11) with our first park day being 3/12. Is there any sense to trying for a throwaway room at this point?
Booking a room now allows you to immediately book all your FPs.

You'll also receive all the benefits @ckelly14 has listed in Post #1.

Reserving your fast passes now still puts you in front of all those people waking up early to get the first 30-day FPs. Barely, but you are in front of them.

Once I spent the night at the Grand Californian, which allowed us early admission to California Adventure. After riding Toy Story Midway Mania, California Screamin', and whatever the carousel is called, I headed over to get paper fastpasses for Radiator Springs Racers, and as I approached the fast pass kiosks I saw a CM holding a rope approaching from the opposite direction, behind whom stood millions of regular parkgoers eager to be first in line for fast passes. I made it there literally three feet before the rope, but three feet was all I needed. You will be 3 virtual feet in front of the online rope, which may be all you need.

Booking a room now allows you to immediately book all your FPs.

You'll also receive all the benefits @ckelly14 has listed in Post #1.
Thanks - Just checked, booking a room on 3/12 will run $155.50
The benefits are:

1. Advanced FP+ reservations for the length of stay of your throwaway room, including the check-in and check-out days, up to the length of your ticket. - This is the biggest reason to consider it in my mind

2. Magic bands (MB) for everyone on the reservation. - My understanding is that I can just use my tickets for my FP+. True?

3. Free parking at Theme Parks for the length of stay of your throwaway room, including the check-in and check-out days. - Second biggest reason to consider - $40 in parking fees saved.

4. Admission to Extra Magic Hours (EMH) - EMH is not offered at the parks we planned to go to on the 12th & 13th

5. Advanced dining reservations (ADR) 180 days prior to check in for the entire length of stay ("180 +10") - We already have dining reservations so this is not as important

I wish I had found this thread 6+ months ago!

J

Thanks - Just checked, booking a room on 3/12 will run $155.50
The benefits are:

1. Advanced FP+ reservations for the length of stay of your throwaway room, including the check-in and check-out days, up to the length of your ticket. - This is the biggest reason to consider it in my mind

2. Magic bands (MB) for everyone on the reservation. - My understanding is that I can just use my tickets for my FP+. True?

3. Free parking at Theme Parks for the length of stay of your throwaway room, including the check-in and check-out days. - Second biggest reason to consider - $40 in parking fees saved.

4. Admission to Extra Magic Hours (EMH) - EMH is not offered at the parks we planned to go to on the 12th & 13th

5. Advanced dining reservations (ADR) 180 days prior to check in for the entire length of stay ("180 +10") - We already have dining reservations so this is not as important

I wish I had found this thread 6+ months ago!

J
1. Because you are well within the open 60-day window, you are able to book all FPs for all park days.

2. No one needs MBs; your tickets will be sufficient. But at $14 or so for each new-style MB, people see this as a perk.

4. Because you are so close to your trip, you can choose to book a Throwaway night that includes an EMH morning or evening.

1. Because you are well within the open 60-day window, you are able to book all FPs for all park days.

2. No one needs MBs; your tickets will be sufficient. But at $14 or so for each new-style MB, people see this as a perk.

4. Because you are so close to your trip, you can choose to book a Throwaway night that includes an EMH morning or evening.
If you book one night and if you have 5 day tickets, can you book 5 days of fastpass all on the 60th day (60+10)?

If you book one night and if you have 5 day tickets, can you book 5 days of fastpass all on the 60th day (60+10)?
No; but the PP is only 35 days out so that 60-day window is wide open for her to book all FPs.

For anyone at exactly 60 days out, the window only opens for check-in through checkout (and any offsite days before the check-in date) and then they have to wait for the rolling to begin. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter