• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
The magicbands get issued regardless of having the tickets linked yet. The tickets enable getting Fastpasses.
So I book today with my 7 people on the reservation and then next year sometime I can link tickets to the reservation and they'll be linked to the coming magicbands?

So I book today with my 7 people on the reservation and then next year sometime I can link tickets to the reservation and they'll be linked to the coming magicbands?

Yes. More specifically, you don't link them to the reservation, just the MDX account.

So I'm traveling with my family (4 adults and 3 kids) in October 2017 and staying offsite and will likely do a throwaway campsite. The question I have is if I make the throwaway reservation now but purchase my park tickets from a third-party vendor, can I then link them to the reservation and thus the magicbands that will be issued?
I bought tickets from Park Savers and had no problem linking them in the app to my account and throwaway campsite. The final test will be March 2017 when we travel.

Okay, I don't understand. I should be able to book 60 days out starting tomorrow. I have park tickets linked to my account, and I have my campsite reservation. But when I go to the FastPass menu, everything is greyed out up until Jan 4. I'm assuming that a 7 am eastern time tomorrow, this window will no longer be greyed out and I'll be able to start making FPs, right?
I'm behind the times a bit, but is the FP now 7 am and no longer midnight of that date?

As mentioned previously, my group (5 families) booked two campsites for late March for one night (Sunday night).
We will be doing our Fast Passes later this month which we are excited about being able to do that 30 days earlier than we originally anticipated.

As the person who convinced the group to do this throwaway room thing, what do I need to do to ensure everything goes smoothly on our first day - Sunday (or check-in day) since we all plan on going to DHS and taking advantage of the EMH that morning.

We arrive the day before (Saturday) to check into our off-site rental condo. But, how do I ensure that everyone's bands are ready and useable for the parking pass (and EMH) early that morning since we will be all separated in different cars (and probably arriving at slightly different times), but technically check in isn't until 1:00 PM?

One of the reservations is under my name, while another family purchased the other campsite. We have split the other families between us so they are on our reservations as well.

I just don't want to roll up to DHS at 7:30 AM Sunday morning and not be able to get the "free" parking (the main reason we are doing this since $200 in parking (5 cars for 2 days) is more expensive than two campsites) due to some technicality or something we missed doing beforehand OR not be able to get entrance to the park for the EMH.

Epcot is our second day (Monday) .. and I don't have any worries about that day since that is our "check out" day.

As mentioned previously, my group (5 families) booked two campsites for late March for one night (Sunday night).
We will be doing our Fast Passes later this month which we are excited about being able to do that 30 days earlier than we originally anticipated.

As the person who convinced the group to do this throwaway room thing, what do I need to do to ensure everything goes smoothly on our first day - Sunday (or check-in day) since we all plan on going to DHS and taking advantage of the EMH that morning.

We arrive the day before (Saturday) to check into our off-site rental condo. But, how do I ensure that everyone's bands are ready and useable for the parking pass (and EMH) early that morning since we will be all separated in different cars (and probably arriving at slightly different times), but technically check in isn't until 1:00 PM?

One of the reservations is under my name, while another family purchased the other campsite. We have split the other families between us so they are on our reservations as well.

I just don't want to roll up to DHS at 7:30 AM Sunday morning and not be able to get the "free" parking (the main reason we are doing this since $200 in parking (5 cars for 2 days) is more expensive than two campsites) due to some technicality or something we missed doing beforehand OR not be able to get entrance to the park for the EMH.

Epcot is our second day (Monday) .. and I don't have any worries about that day since that is our "check out" day.

There really shouldn't be anything you need to do. Magic bands are active and you don't need to visit the resort first to access free parking. Have fun!

Our family of 4 will be staying onsite for 3 nights in a standard room at CBR from May 10-13 before meeting up with my sister's family offsite on May 13th. We understand the rolling 60 concept. We are wondering if we would be allowed to link her family's tickets to our reservations and book all our fastpasses together 60 days in advance for park visits the week of May 14th even though they are not staying onsite at all?

Our family of 4 will be staying onsite for 3 nights in a standard room at CBR from May 10-13 before meeting up with my sister's family offsite on May 13th. We understand the rolling 60 concept. We are wondering if we would be allowed to link her family's tickets to our reservations and book all our fastpasses together 60 days in advance for park visits the week of May 14th even though they are not staying onsite at all?
Yes. All guests share the 60-day booking window when at least one onsite person is in the FP booking group.

It looks like Disney have now closed this loophole. We have 14 day ultimate tickets linked to our MDE with a 2 night stay at the beginning of our vacation at GF. It won't allow us to select FastPasses beyond our 2 night stay on a rolling 60 day basis! Has anyone else experienced this?

Ignore me. I'm a fool. It turns out I can't count. 27 March 2017 is still 61 days away!
I'd delete your posts for you but they are a good reminder that the window begins rolling forward after the checkout date.

60 days out from the first offsite park day and you'll be good to go! :goodvibes

You people who thought of this are genius! :) Thanks for posting this for the rest of us Disney Newbies! So appreciative!

We have trip planned to arrive in Florida on 9/9/17 (Saturday). Our first day in the parks would be 9/10/17 and we plan to park hop for about 5 days.
We are planning on staying at the DoubleTree IN Disney Springs because my husband has hotel points and we can stay for free. However, I believe this hotel only lets you book fast passes 30 days instead of 60 days although they do consider themselves to be "on property".

So to confirm with you experts.... I should book a "tent site" at Disney Campsite for Saturday night, 9/9/17.... with a checkout day of 9/10/17. I use my phone to do an online check-in? We will want Disney tickets for approximately 5 days... and everyday I simply go onto the website and add one more day of fast passes... even though I only paid for one night of camping?

Also, do they mail the magic bands to my family of 5?? We have done Disney Cruises and DisneyLand... but never DisneyWorld with our kids. I'm kind of clueless on these magic bands... this will be out first experience with them. Will we only have the EMH for the check-in and check-out date?

Thank you many, many times for the advice!

You people who thought of this are genius! :) Thanks for posting this for the rest of us Disney Newbies! So appreciative!

We have trip planned to arrive in Florida on 9/9/17 (Saturday). Our first day in the parks would be 9/10/17 and we plan to park hop for about 5 days.
We are planning on staying at the DoubleTree IN Disney Springs because my husband has hotel points and we can stay for free. However, I believe this hotel only lets you book fast passes 30 days instead of 60 days although they do consider themselves to be "on property".

So to confirm with you experts.... I should book a "tent site" at Disney Campsite for Saturday night, 9/9/17.... with a checkout day of 9/10/17. I use my phone to do an online check-in? We will want Disney tickets for approximately 5 days... and everyday I simply go onto the website and add one more day of fast passes... even though I only paid for one night of camping?

Also, do they mail the magic bands to my family of 5?? We have done Disney Cruises and DisneyLand... but never DisneyWorld with our kids. I'm kind of clueless on these magic bands... this will be out first experience with them. Will we only have the EMH for the check-in and check-out date?

Thank you many, many times for the advice!

You will receive 5 magic bands. You can purchase tickets for as many days as you want even though you are only staying one night. You can then make FP reservations on a rolling basis at 60 days up to the total number of ticket days you purchased. You can check-in online up to 60 days before your resort stay. You will only have EMH and free parking on 9/9/ and 9/10.

And remind/educate me one more time about HOW you actually physically receive the magic bands? Snail Mail? Pick-up?

PS... thanks for info and fast response. So appreciated!

And remind/educate me one more time about HOW you actually physically receive the magic bands? Snail Mail? Pick-up?

PS... thanks for info and fast response. So appreciated!

They will send out via mail about 30 days prior.

Great... thanks again. :)

Also just realized... if we are arriving on the afternoon of the 9th (Saturday - not planning on any parks))... and we will be going to the park starting on Sunday, 9/10/17.... if I get EMH on both the check-in and check-out date from my "throwaway"... then it would be more advantageous to book my "campsite" for the 10th and not on our actual arrival date, correct? That way I get the highest odds of having EMH on both 9/10 (check-in) and 9/11 (check-out)... correct?

Great... thanks again. :)

Also just realized... if we are arriving on the afternoon of the 9th (Saturday - not planning on any parks))... and we will be going to the park starting on Sunday, 9/10/17.... if I get EMH on both the check-in and check-out date from my "throwaway"... then it would be more advantageous to book my "campsite" for the 10th and not on our actual arrival date, correct? That way I get the highest odds of having EMH on both 9/10 (check-in) and 9/11 (check-out)... correct?
Yes, book for 9/10 if that is your first park day. You will get free parking and EMH privileges on 9/10 and 9/11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter