Throw back Thursday - what do you miss?

DLfan4

Cant wait for another trip to DLR
Hi. is there an attraction, ride, show, restaurant, store, food item, or anything that used to be at Disneyland or DCA that is not longer there that you really miss? and if you have a picture to post, then even better !

I wish the Tarzan Tree House was still the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House. I grew up watching Swiss Family Robinson and Tarzan really never did much for me.

At least it's still there though. I would be a lot sadder if they took it down rather than just changing it.

Oh, and I wish Fort Wilderness was still open on the Island too!

People Mover. Those Rocket Rods were stupid and never worked. It would have been nice for them to bring back the People Mover.

It's funny, but every time I walk by Big Thunder Mtn Railroad. I remember. " if there's a bobcat settin next to you"
It was the old train ride that was there. If you where eating at the old mexican restaurant that was there you heard it over and over. I guess it's the little things.

Main Street's Electric Parade!!! Also Country Bear Jamboree. I do remember the People Mover being fun when I was a kid, and the sky tram (can't remember what that was called!).

Rocket Rods, provided they actually put money into it and fixed the track issues. It was my favorite ride after the one time I was able to ride it.

I have so many memories of visiting DL with my parents and they are those few rides that really pull at my heart strings. One of those rides that is gone is Country Bear Jamboree. I know that that WDW has this ride and when I visit I do ride it.

Mickey's Nutcracker Show. I used to love it and see it every year.
Main Street Electrical parade. The music is great.
Swiss Family Robinson treehouse versus tarzan. It just makes more sense.

I agree with most of the other posters.

Skyway. Country Bears. People Mover. Main St Electrical Parade. And the Flying Saucers - somehow Luigi's Flying Tires is just NOT the same.

Bring back the Bears! :cheer2:

-Bob

People Mover and the TRON section of the ride.
On the backside of Rivers of America, the settlers cabin on fire with dead settlers!

I have to second so many of these - Adventures Thru Innerspace, People Mover, Skyway, Country Bear Jamboree and Electrical Parade. Electrical Parade should never have left Disneyland.

I really miss MSEP in it's rightful home... It kills me that I have to fly clear across the country to see "our" parade in WDW ( just painful for this 38+ year DL local ) . I also miss America Sings.... I know my DD would have loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter