Three things you learned on your last trip!

1.) The LSU Tigers are the National Champions.

2.) No matter how uncrowded you think the park is, there will always be someone next to you who thinks the crowds are "outrageous".

3.) They make a mean Mai-Tai at the pool-side bar at the Beach Club. :drinking: *hic*

ETA - Hubby says the value resorts are way better than he ever thought they'd be. He even thinks he might like to stay at POP one day.

I haven't read the whole thread but I am sure this is on here:

My whole family learned that Dole Whips are worth going out of your way for!!

YUM:banana:

1. Go to rope drop with a plan of what to ride/fastpass in those early precious hours, but dont hesitate to alter at the last min if you see an oppurtunity.

2. Fastpass as many of the big rides/attractions as possible but be strategic.

3. This is more of an attitude than a lesson, but I learned to go 100 miles an hour and see everything before lunch as the crowds are small. Then as the park fills up hit the less popular attractions and take it slow.

Just bumping this up! I miss seeing them in my CP!

I'll put in another 3 from a different trip to get the ball re-rollin

1)If you're sick, don't push yourself to do everything. (Like after getting off the plane at noon and going to Epcot, and then going to MK and plan to stay until 12a because of PPP (I saw everything by 9:30p, and ended up leaving at 10:30p)

2) It's a lot easier to do 4 parks in 2 days if you have 2 full days, not part days.

3) Becareful when meeting the same character more then once in the day. It may be the "same" one. Goofy spent 10 minutes doing every pose for the photopass when I saw him for the 2nd time, and Mickey reminded me to keep the kiss we shared a secret from Minnie.

1st.Always have fun:cutie: :cutie: :cutie: :cutie:
2nd.At the hotel room watch Walt Disney World-Top 7 Must-Sees at the Walt Disney World Resort:happytv: :happytv: :happytv: :happytv: :happytv: :happytv:
3rd and most important.SHOW UP EARLY FOR SHOWS!!!!!!!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: (minutes later):wizard:

1) Don't take your older brother & wife with you that have never been before. We were so excited for them to join us, but my brother just did not get on board. He was always pushing to move on to the next thing - really no desire to just step back and check it out. We had to suggest at one point that we go in different directions so because we wanted to hang out longer.

2) NEVER let any rude behavior or pushy people ruin your day. You are there to have fun - and your reaction to other people is totally up to you. You can blow up, or you can just turn the other way & continue to enjoy. Any incident is usually over in 20 seconds.

3) Don't eat at the table service at Mexcio. The setting is fantastic, and the good was not as good as Taco Bell.

1) NEVER let any rude behavior or pushy people ruin your day. You are there to have fun - and your reaction to other people is totally up to you. You can blow up, or you can just turn the other way & continue to enjoy. Any incident is usually over in 20 seconds.

I must admit, I'm not able to do this. Rude, pushy and obnoxious people are what fuels my fire the most. Unfortunately, WDW is full of them. People have actually gone out of their way to put hands in front of my camera while i'm taking a picture- just goes to show the mentality of this rude country. I always attempt to be courteous, but sometimes- it's VERY hard. :confused3 Imagine what WDW (or any park) would be like if everyone was courteous and friendly.

Great thread!
1. Have at least one day of relaxing at the pool.
2. When you have kids , Disney becomes different. Your enjoyment is becuase of them. I will love Disney when they're grown and I loved it before they were born, but the enjoyment of seeing their excitement with Disney is the best!
3. Even your pre teen can be excited about Disney! The one who never seems to get excited about anything anymore.:rotfl:

1. First stop at MK is Fantasyland... very little wait time, unlike later in the day.

2. The line for Soarin' will almost always remain long... grab a FastPass early on and use child swap if necessary. It's a must-do attraction!

3. Get the refillable mugs when staying at POP. You WILL get your money's worth!

1. I love Disney without my immediate family
2. I will only go to Disney with my dh, ds9 and future dd (adopting)
3. Never invite my immediate family to Disney

i have just one
1. always be prepared to take your kids to disney no matter what age they are!
when i was 16 my parents were taking me back to disney since i had been beggging them for 8 yrs and i had just gotten over surgery.....my father said to ask my older brother who was 21 and away at college...my mom was sure he would say no because again he was 21 and away at college--why would he want to spend 2 weeks in disney with his family ...well sure enough he was on the plane with us :rotfl2: my mom doesnt get it because she isnt as into disney as my brother my father and i...but if your kids love disney they will go at the drop of a hat no matter what age!!

1. It is important to rest in the afternoon before heading back out for more fun :thumbsup2

2. You dont have to do EVERYTHING :scared1: Go at your family's pace and have fun!!!

3. My ds hates Rock N Roller Coaster :confused3

I just have one:
If you wear tennis shoes in the World ALWAYS bring a second pair in case your first gets soaked by the rain. We were caught in a famous unexpected rain storm and our shoes were soaked- they never really dried and we had semi-wet shoes the rest of the trip.

Just came back this week and here are 3 new things I learned:

1) Toy Story Mania ROCKS!!! but they really need to finish working out the kinks. It seemed to be down more than working during the AP preview.

2) If dining at CS on the DDP, ask for a large size drink. It's included in the plan. If you don't, you may get the smaller size instead.

3) You cannot mail a letter from the parks anymore (at least not Epcot and DHS...the mail boxes are sealed shut...we found one at MK that was open but did not have any pick up times listed. I talked to two cast members who told me that Disney stopped allowing folks to mail letters/post cards from the parks.)

1. Kids will get sick on vacation
  2. You can never have enough ibuprofen packed
  3. Don't give a 10yo his own card key with charging privileges & send him to the resort store to buy ibuprofen & cough drops .. or at least anticipate a $50 charge for misc. 'essentials' :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter