Those using Disney Vacation Account

Correct. As of last year's dues, the amount applies towards the rebate.

No, I am not. I meant to add we use the DVA as a way to redeem our CSR travel credit. I'll edit that so it is clearer.
It worked for this year's dues as well, but even better is that DVC can be paid online now!

Last edited:
2 questions - can you pay for the dining plan with the DVA? And when do you request your bonus ? Thanks!

We are passholders and will be at disney on March 10th. I have already paid for our room *all but like $100* with gift card deals and we have pretty much decided to do the dining plan as well this time, but I haven't added it on yet. (still reworking the numbers to see if we are better off using our TIW card)

If I add the dining plan, and I open a DVA account, add the money to it via GC's for that, can I then use it to pay for the dining plan like a month later? I know I won't get the $20 bonus per $1000 right now, but we are planning on going next year too and I will continue to add *hopefully* discounted gc's to the account until we make our trip sometime next year, then I will still get credit (assuming the date is extended) on the $ I am putting in now and using for our March trip, but not until our next trip?

Or am I better off not bothering with it for this trip and then just add to it for the next trip? I am just cheap and if I can get $40 free money at some point, then I'm down lol

We are passholders and will be at disney on March 10th. I have already paid for our room *all but like $100* with gift card deals and we have pretty much decided to do the dining plan as well this time, but I haven't added it on yet. (still reworking the numbers to see if we are better off using our TIW card)

If I add the dining plan, and I open a DVA account, add the money to it via GC's for that, can I then use it to pay for the dining plan like a month later? I know I won't get the $20 bonus per $1000 right now, but we are planning on going next year too and I will continue to add *hopefully* discounted gc's to the account until we make our trip sometime next year, then I will still get credit (assuming the date is extended) on the $ I am putting in now and using for our March trip, but not until our next trip?

Or am I better off not bothering with it for this trip and then just add to it for the next trip? I am just cheap and if I can get $40 free money at some point, then I'm down lol
Personally, if you have TIW and are AP, I wouldn't bother with the DP. The account does need to be open 120 days before you can redeem, I believe, but I'm not certain on whether the cost counts towards the $20/$1,000. If you think you will open a DVA eventually, may as well open it. You will need to put in a deposit.

The account has to be open for 120 days at the time you spend the money for it to count towards the bonus. So, open the account now, but don't bother to put any more money in it until you plan to spend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter