Those using Disney Vacation Account

I used my DVA funds to pay for our Sept package with Disney
My question is: Can you pay for room-only ressies with DVA or does it have to be a package?

I used my DVA funds to pay for our Sept package with Disney
My question is: Can you pay for room-only ressies with DVA or does it have to be a package?
Yes, but you either have to pay the whole thing up front, or you have to call to make payments in advance. You cannot pay for the room using DVA after you arrive.

Yes, but you either have to pay the whole thing up front, or you have to call to make payments in advance. You cannot pay for the room using DVA after you arrive.
OK thanks bunches.
I have lots of $25-50 GC so I have to consolidate them SOMEWHERE-- either DVA or disneygiftcards.

OK thanks bunches.
I have lots of $25-50 GC so I have to consolidate them SOMEWHERE-- either DVA or disneygiftcards.
I would suggest you consolidate all you disney gift cards into one main card on the disney gift card web site. keep that main plastic card in a safe place and get rid of the others after you have considated into the one main card. Then deposit the amount on the main card into your disney vacation account. If you need the money returned to you from disney vacation account, it will all go back on the one main card (which you saved) up to $1000. So you can have main card #1 up to $1000, main card #2 up to $1000 and so on.

I would suggest you consolidate all you disney gift cards into one main card on the disney gift card web site. keep that main plastic card in a safe place and get rid of the others after you have considated into the one main card. Then deposit the amount on the main card into your disney vacation account. If you need the money returned to you from disney vacation account, it will all go back on the one main card (which you saved) up to $1000. So you can have main card #1 up to $1000, main card #2 up to $1000 and so on.
Excellent suggestion! Thanks!

Great information ITT.

Just to be certain I'm reading this correctly. To hit the $1000 2% bonus, several smaller payments will accumulate to eventually reach that $1000 threshold, right? And any amount you spend past that $1000 would apply and accumulate to the next threshold?

What all can you spend the funds on? I setup an account in December with $300 (in large part to obtain my CSR credit for last year). I have a vacation booked for October 2017. My room is paid for via DVC points. I purchased tickets via that United Vacations ticket offer. Can I apply the DVA toward room charges such as meals etc and still have it count toward the bonus, like prepaid my room charge account? I'm not sure what else to spend it on, we don't intend to get a dining plan, do any tours, or get MNSSHP tickets this year (well maybe).

Can I apply the DVA toward room charges such as meals etc and still have it count toward the bonus, like prepaid my room charge account?
Nope. DVA is only valid for advanced purchases and cannot be used for room charges or anything else in person.

Nope. DVA is only valid for advanced purchases and cannot be used for room charges or anything else in person.
If you pre-pay your resort room package with your DVA (onsite resorts) and there is money left over in your DVA, you can request gift cards, which can be applied to most things once you are there, including any charges you have made with your Magic Band to your room.

If you pre-pay your resort room package with your DVA (onsite resorts) and there is money left over in your DVA, you can request gift cards, which can be applied to most things once you are there, including any charges you have made with your Magic Band to your room.
But the gift cards count as a refund; they don't count towards the spending threshold for rewards.

But the gift cards count as a refund; they don't count towards the spending threshold for rewards.
that's true...I was thinking of how they could use the DVA for paying for stuff, but you are right, it won't go count towards future bonus. Guess I need to read the entire question!! :)

I could always buy park tickets (assuming the Dec 31, 2017 date isn't extended) and activate those tickets in the future. right?

Great information ITT.

Just to be certain I'm reading this correctly. To hit the $1000 2% bonus, several smaller payments will accumulate to eventually reach that $1000 threshold, right? And any amount you spend past that $1000 would apply and accumulate to the next threshold?

What all can you spend the funds on? I setup an account in December with $300 (in large part to obtain my CSR credit for last year). I have a vacation booked for October 2017. My room is paid for via DVC points. I purchased tickets via that United Vacations ticket offer. Can I apply the DVA toward room charges such as meals etc and still have it count toward the bonus, like prepaid my room charge account? I'm not sure what else to spend it on, we don't intend to get a dining plan, do any tours, or get MNSSHP tickets this year (well maybe).

Things we pay for using our DVA:
DVC dues
Annual Passes
Party events - MNSSHP, Club Villain etc.
WDW backstage tours - Sense of Africa, Keys to the Kingdom etc.
Disney Cruises
Adventures by Disney vacations
CSR credit - not paying with the DVA but taking advantage that it codes as travel when funded with the CSR (Yay travel hacking!)

Last edited:
Things we pay for using our DVA:
DVC dues
Annual Passes
Party events - MNSSHP, Club Villain etc.
WDW backstage tours - Sense of Africa, Keys to the Kingdom etc.
Disney Cruises
Adventures by Disney vacations
CSR credit (Yay travel hacking!)

You can get credit toward the 2% bonus paying DVC dues? How do you pay the dues using DVA? What do you mean CSR credit? You pay your CSR invoice?

You can get credit toward the 2% bonus paying DVC dues? How do you pay the dues using DVA? What do you mean CSR credit? You pay your CSR invoice?

Yes. Last year we paid our DVC dues with the DVA account. The DVA account processes like a Disney gift card on Disney's end. We pay annually not monthly. I'd rather purchase discounted Disney cards thourghout the year with a credit card that earns me points and miles. Paying "cash" monthly through my bank account will not save me any money or earn me points and miles. We have 1300 points so I call and say I am paying with 8 gift cards. The first 7 are for $1,000 and the last one is the remaining amount. The gift card number you use is your DVA account number so I just give the same number each time for each "card".

The CSR is the Chase Sapphire Reserve card which is pretty much the hottest new credit card on the market with a staggering bonus of 100,000 points (worth $1500 that can be used to pay for travel through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal or transferred directly to hotel and airline partners and used as frequent flyer miles or hotel loyalty points) if you make the spending requirements and also comes with a $300 annual travel credit. Many other great features and benefits but those are the 2 main ones that are luring so many people to pick up this card. Lots of discussion about it and travel hacking in general on the "I love credit cards" thread here on the Budget Board forum. Anyhow, if you fund your DVA with the CSR for $300 you get it back as a statement credit almost as soon as it posts. It goes by calendar year so most folks who got the card in late 2016 got their $300 credit for that year and have already gotten another $300 credit for this year. Easy way to knock $600 off of my annual dues. If anyone reading this is considering that card the 100,000 point bonus is only available until January 12th.

So you pay your DVC dues buy telling them you have gift cards to pay with, but you don't have actual gift cards you just give them your DVA account number? Does that apply toward the 2% rebate from DVA?

And, your not paying your CSR from your DVA, right? I already did a deposit of $300 into the DVA from the CSR in December. Need to do it aga N this calendar year.

So you pay your DVC dues buy telling them you have gift cards to pay with, but you don't have actual gift cards you just give them your DVA account number? Does that apply toward the 2% rebate from DVA?

And, your not paying your CSR from your DVA, right? I already did a deposit of $300 into the DVA from the CSR in December. Need to do it aga N this calendar year.

Correct. As of last year's dues, the amount applies towards the rebate.

No, I am not. I meant to add we use the DVA as a way to redeem our CSR travel credit. I'll edit that so it is clearer.

I am planning a trip to WDW in September with my girlfriend who is a Florida resident annual passholder. We're hoping that can get us a good discount on the room rates. The problem is how do I pay my portion in a way that we can still get that discount. If I am reading the rule below correctly, I should be able to pay for a reservation she makes and, ergo, have the discount.

Can I create a Disney Vacation Account for my family or friends?

No, but you can use your Disney Vacation Account to make a payment toward someone else's reservation. Just call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) 939-7734 with their reservation number and your Disney Vacation Account number to make a payment. Multiple Disney Vacation Accounts can be used to make payments toward a single reservation, and a single Disney Vacation Account can be used to make payments toward multiple reservations.

Is this correct? If it is, it raises a second question... will that amount be eligible for the $20 gift card deal?

I am planning a trip to WDW in September with my girlfriend who is a Florida resident annual passholder. We're hoping that can get us a good discount on the room rates. The problem is how do I pay my portion in a way that we can still get that discount. If I am reading the rule below correctly, I should be able to pay for a reservation she makes and, ergo, have the discount.

Can I create a Disney Vacation Account for my family or friends?

No, but you can use your Disney Vacation Account to make a payment toward someone else's reservation. Just call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) 939-7734 with their reservation number and your Disney Vacation Account number to make a payment. Multiple Disney Vacation Accounts can be used to make payments toward a single reservation, and a single Disney Vacation Account can be used to make payments toward multiple reservations.

Is this correct? If it is, it raises a second question... will that amount be eligible for the $20 gift card deal?

Yes and yes. I just did something very similar recently (paid for AP with someone else's DVA) and received notice that a gift card is on its way.

Yes and yes. I just did something very similar recently (paid for AP with someone else's DVA) and received notice that a gift card is on its way.

Fantastic!

The other thing I was wondering is if you can send funds in one DVA to another? I'm assuming this cannot be done directly but is possible via disney gift cards.

Fantastic!

The other thing I was wondering is if you can send funds in one DVA to another? I'm assuming this cannot be done directly but is possible via disney gift cards.

Yes - refunding to gift card and then applying to a different account would work just fine, provided you budgeted enough time to handle any unforeseen delays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter