This story has to be fake, right?? Aunt sues nephew...

The way I understand it, she filed the suit after the kid's mom died. I'm guessing the kid's mom had a good life insurance policy and Auntie Dearest was trying to get a piece of it. I'm glad this made so many headlines, so the world will know what an utter piece of trash the aunt is.

Yeah. Looks like they didn't make him come into court for sentencing which is great. It has been all over the news here in NYC and nobody can believe it actually made it to the jury.

There was so much about it that made me loose faith in humanity for a moment. The fact she is still wearing a brace 4 years later is laughable. Also her whole thing was she is having issues living in the city because of this injury. I live here too and have an old wrist injury that flairs up from time to time. I've never once thought it makes it more difficult to live in the city or climb my apartment stairs. Heaven forbid you have to hold your hors d’oeuvr plate with your other hand!

Omg! The line about the hors d'oeuvr plate is literally the whitest whine to ever whine. She wins for all the first world.problem to end all first world.problems!! She's a joke. She should be made to pay for the kids court fees. She's a vile human being.

Omg! The line about the hors d'oeuvr plate is literally the whitest whine to ever whine. She wins for all the first world.problem to end all first world.problems!! She's a joke. She should be made to pay for the kids court fees. She's a vile human being.
"Whitest"? Not sure what you're trying to imply...

What a deplorable human being.
10ce14.jpg

The aunt said that the insurance industry forced her to sue.

http://5newsonline.com/2015/10/14/a...aks-out-claims-she-was-forced-to-go-to-trial/

Our DD is disabled. Several years ago, we were forced by our health insurance to sue our local school district when DD's leg was broken. It's a long story but to sum it up our health insurance refused to pay because they felt that the injury was caused by someone else. The school district refused to pay because as a public entity, they are immune to liability unless you can prove willful wanton negligence. Long story short, we had over $30,000 in medical bills that no one would pay for. Our health insurance finally said that they would pay them only if we sued the school district. So we had no choice.

I'm not saying that what's happened here or if the aunt just felt that the homeowner's insurance should pay.

The aunt said that the insurance industry forced her to sue.

http://5newsonline.com/2015/10/14/a...aks-out-claims-she-was-forced-to-go-to-trial/

Our DD is disabled. Several years ago, we were forced by our health insurance to sue our local school district when DD's leg was broken. It's a long story but to sum it up our health insurance refused to pay because they felt that the injury was caused by someone else. The school district refused to pay because as a public entity, they are immune to liability unless you can prove willful wanton negligence. Long story short, we had over $30,000 in medical bills that no one would pay for. Our health insurance finally said that they would pay them only if we sued the school district. So we had no choice.

I'm not saying that what's happened here or if the aunt just felt that the homeowner's insurance should pay.

If it was really about the insurance she didn't need to make it a quality of life lawsuit. Why was in necessary to bring up how hard it is to walk up her steps with 1 broken wrist and to live in Manhattan with a broken wrist. I've had mine braced due to flair ups from old injuries and have no problems living in Manhattan with that. If she was really just doing it for the insurance they should have made it about the medical bills and how his negligence has caused her x amount of medical bills not about how hard it is to hold a plate.

She said it affected her social life. Really???

Yes she said it made it difficult to hold a plate at a party she was at. She also sued for mental anguish and lost wages. If this was really simply about getting their home owners insurance to pay then she would have let the father know exactly why and then sued just for medical expenses. She did not tell the family that unfortunately their insurance told her she has to sue in order for them to pay and then said I'm sorry I have to do this. She only came out with the insurance story after it went viral.

If it was really about the insurance she didn't need to make it a quality of life lawsuit. Why was in necessary to bring up how hard it is to walk up her steps with 1 broken wrist and to live in Manhattan with a broken wrist. I've had mine braced due to flair ups from old injuries and have no problems living in Manhattan with that. If she was really just doing it for the insurance they should have made it about the medical bills and how his negligence has caused her x amount of medical bills not about how hard it is to hold a plate.
I agree. I'm just saying that sometimes health insurance will refuse to pay bills if they feel it was an accident caused by someone else.

I took it as a reference to the popular internet meme, White People Problems -- http://whitepeopleproblems.us/

With the PP saying this is the "white-est" of all the white people problems.
Ooooh, of course. Because only white people actually benefit enough from living in the first world to feel the entitlement and over-privilege required to complain about things like this. I actually didn't know that - thanks for the education.

The way I understand it, she filed the suit after the kid's mom died. I'm guessing the kid's mom had a good life insurance policy and Auntie Dearest was trying to get a piece of it.
That was my first thought.
Someone get money for one reason or another and others around think they deserve a piece of it.

She was on The Today show with her nephew. I felt bad for her. Something needs to changed at insurance companies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter