• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This is the last trip the 4 of us ever take to WDW. Nov 2-12 *FinalUpdate 3/19* Pg.59

We hopped in the car to go for a little drive, not to a park, but to visit Melody's cousin & family who lives a short distance from WDW. The kids love seeing each other and get along really well. They like to get silly/

Christopher loved playing with the train set.

Mel's cousin also just had a baby a few weeks earlier so we got to see him for the first time.

We stayed for dinner but it was starting to get late. Their kids had school the next day and we had to get back to POP. The kids really had a great time playing- they always do.

We said our goodbyes and drove back to POP. We got settled in the room and Melody got Christopher to bed. There was a message on the room phone for me to come to the front desk. My license was retrieved. WHEW! That was a relief. Juliana asked to go swimming again so I took her for the walk with me.

Wasn't much of a line at the counter.

I had my license back. I was thankful they got it back for me quicker than they originally said. They apologized and I mentioned how sending it out with the rest of the lost & found made no sense. I didn't make a big deal about it. I was just happy to have it back.

Juliana & I walked back to the pool. She wanted me to go in but it was a little cool outside and I let her do all the swimming.

46205_4170240573282_381809750_n.jpg

She had a great time spending her last few hours in Florida doing what she loves: swimming. I dropped her off at the room so she could shower and get to bed while I went back out to take a little stroll. Hopefully I wouldn't get lost.

Hummmm…. wonder where this path would lead me?

Ooooooooh, Look where I ended up. The Art of Animation Resort! I only checked out the pool & the cars area.

I had a nice relaxing walk.

Back at the room I plopped down on the bed, exhausted. I thought back to all the great times we had over the last 9 days. I didn't think for too long because I passed out rather quickly.

Up next… the final hurrah!!

No, it can't be almost over! Christopher looks like he is have a grand ol' time and that baby is just precious! Glad Juliana could get some more swimming in and that you got your license back!

Jill in CO

No, it can't be almost over! Christopher looks like he is have a grand ol' time and that baby is just precious! Glad Juliana could get some more swimming in and that you got your license back!

Jill in CO

Oh, it's almost over and it will feel good! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

This thing has been going on for 16 months. :badpc::badpc: I'm shocked I still have anyone reading. LOL

After seeing Carsland last week, I can see so many similar things at both Aoa and Carsland. They both are greatly themed.

The kids love seeing each other and get along really well. They like to get silly
I'm glad that they all get along and have fun together, even though they don't get to see each other all that often.

I had my license back. I was thankful they got it back for me quicker than they originally said. They apologized and I mentioned how sending it out with the rest of the lost & found made no sense. I didn't make a big deal about it. I was just happy to have it back.
That is certainly a relief that they got it back faster than they told you. You did the right thing by mentioning that they never should have sent a license off like that. Especially when they know exactly who it belongs to and a few key strokes would tell them you're staying at that resort.

I dropped her off at the room so she could shower and get to bed while I went back out to take a little stroll. Hopefully I wouldn't get lost.
Wait a minute... who hoped you wouldn't get lost? :confused3

Hummmm…. wonder where this path would lead me?
Well, the last time I walked it, it led to a wall... :rolleyes1

I had a nice relaxing walk.
Not a bad way to spend the last evening at all. :thumbsup2

After seeing Carsland last week, I can see so many similar things at both Aoa and Carsland. They both are greatly themed.
I didn't walk through the other areas but the cars section was awesome! I just can't accept the prices they are charging for a value room there.

I'm glad that they all get along and have fun together, even though they don't get to see each other all that often.
We will see them his September when we are down. 1 or 2 days a year isn't enough.

That is certainly a relief that they got it back faster than they told you. You did the right thing by mentioning that they never should have sent a license off like that. Especially when they know exactly who it belongs to and a few key strokes would tell them you're staying at that resort.
I already had put up a stink when I was at the counter earlier. Plus Juliana was with me so I was trying got be extra civil. :rotfl:

Wait a minute... who hoped you wouldn't get lost? :confused3
Me? I? Myself? Who knows? :rolleyes1

Well, the last time I walked it, it led to a wall... :rolleyes1
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Not this time! :thumbsup2

Not a bad way to spend the last evening at all. :thumbsup2
It was cool. I wish Mel saw it with her own eyes instead of me showing her pictures of what she missed. :rolleyes1

Looks like you all had a nice day with the family! I have been following all your TRs and I cannot believe how big all the kids have gotten! The night time photos are really nice. I love strolling all the resorts at night.

Great trip report!! I just read the whole thing!! Now dinner is a little late. You have a beautiful family..

Looks like you all had a nice day with the family! I have been following all your TRs and I cannot believe how big all the kids have gotten! The night time photos are really nice. I love strolling all the resorts at night.
The kids are huge now compared to these pictures. :rotfl2:

It was my last few minutes to take in the magic… quietly. :rotfl2:

Great trip report!! I just read the whole thing!! Now dinner is a little late. You have a beautiful family..
:welcome: neighbor!

Thanks for reading! Hopefully your kids weren't too hungry tonight. :rotfl2:

The kids are huge now compared to these pictures. :rotfl2: It was my last few minutes to take in the magic… quietly. :rotfl2: :welcome: neighbor! Thanks for reading! Hopefully your kids weren't too hungry tonight. :rotfl2:

Ha ha!! Luckily it was grilled cheese night!!

Fun update, Tim.

I know how much the kids enjoy getting to see their cousins. It looks like everyone was having a good time.

And Ana got more pool time. :thumbsup2 I can't decide if she's going to turn into a mermaid or be a model when she grows up.

Great pictures around the resort.

Ha ha!! Luckily it was grilled cheese night!!
Whew! :rotfl2:

Fun update, Tim.

I know how much the kids enjoy getting to see their cousins. It looks like everyone was having a good time.
They have a blast with them. Too bad they only see each other 1-2 times a year.

And Ana got more pool time. :thumbsup2 I can't decide if she's going to turn into a mermaid or be a model when she grows up.
Maybe a mermaid model…. or a model mermaid? :rotfl2:

Great pictures around the resort.
Thank you! When you gonna stay at POP? :rolleyes2

Well, it was finally here. The dreaded last day of vacation. We weren't too sad though. This was day 11 of our trip and I must say, we were ready to head home. We packed up the room fairly quickly and left our bags while we went over to Everything POP for breakfast. We did have to get our last fix of Mickey waffles.

What did the kids think of the waffles?

Of course they loved them. I think we could eat Mickey waffles every day. We didn't have that much time so we finished up and walked back to the room to grab our luggage.

Our room was on the 2nd floor- end room.

OK kids. Time to say buh bye to POP.

We made it back to MCO fairly quickly and the security line was surprisingly short. Lucky for us we have kids and get to go in the special line which makes the process even quicker. Before we knew we were on the faux monorail and at that point our trip officially came to a close…..

…. well we still had a plane ride to take but who counts that as part of vacation?

We had a great time. So many great memories were made from Christopher's first trip, to having my mom there, to meeting up with friends, to seeing family.

Thank you for bearing with me as this TR has taken longer than I ever expected. I never thought I'd get this finished.

:sad1: last day is always bittersweet, don't want to leave, dreading the trip home...but getting to sleep in your own bed again :goodvibes

think we can cut you some slack, but just a little :rotfl: you've had a busy year since you got back from the trip!

we will be back in NYC this summer after our Haiti trip, would be fun to meet up if you all want a day in the city, think we will be there July 2 and 3.

Well, it was finally here. The dreaded last day of vacation. We weren't too sad though. This was day 11 of our trip and I must say, we were ready to head home. We packed up the room fairly quickly and left our bags while we went over to Everything POP for breakfast. We did have to get our last fix of Mickey waffles.

Oooh...I could really go for a Mickey waffle right now.
What did the kids think of the waffles?

Mel seems to be enjoying just as much as Ana.

There are those cheeks again. ;)

OK kids. Time to say buh bye to POP.

Christopher does NOT seem very happy in this picture; I don't think he wanted to leave.

Beautiful ladies you have there, Mr. Tim.

We had a great time. So many great memories were made from Christopher's first trip, to having my mom there, to meeting up with friends, to seeing family.

Thank you for bearing with me as this TR has taken longer than I ever expected. I never thought I'd get this finished.

We will cut you some slack...this time. Don't let it happen again.

I thoroughly enjoyed, as always.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter