This is the last trip the 4 of us ever take to WDW. Nov 2-12 *FinalUpdate 3/19* Pg.59

Sunday Nov. 11th was here. The sadness was starting to set in. The realization that we were going home tomorrow and we had to move from our home of 9 days was a little sad, as well as saying goodbye to my mom. She was flying home. I helped her get all her bags to bell services and she gave the kids big hugs. She had to be on ME at 1:30 for her flight. She was hopping on a bus for Magic Kingdom to have a few hours in the park to herself. She told me she did COP and HOP as well as had lunch and just took in the sights.

We packed up our room and somehow we finished rather quickly. That gave us some time for a walk to the Dig Site.

I'm really gonna miss staying at Coranado. I really love the grounds here. We arrived at the pool and there wasn't too many people swimming. One fish couldn't wait to get swimming.

The sun started popping through the clouds and it was hard to keep your eyes open. May I present- Exhibit A:

I learned quickly we needed to get into the shade of the life guard chair for an eyes open picture.

There was an announcement that all the kids should come over to the ruins and help get the waterfall started.

Juliana found a seat and helped officially open the pool. She was excited because now that he pool was open, the waterside was open. She went down that a few times while I swam with Bubba.

We had a great time at the pool. Christopher really loved swimming.

Back at the room we quickly showered the kids, packed up the car, and said goodbye to CSR.

We had a loooong drive ahead of us. I remember taking a left out of the parking lot, going a few lights, taking a right, and what do ya know… we were at our destination.

I just love this picture… Makes me wish I was there right now.

While I went to check in, Melody brought the kids over to Everything POP.

I checked in and met up with Melody at Everything POP. She was buying a few treats and asked me for a few bucks. I went into my wallet and.. oh shoot! I realized I left my license at the check in desk. I walked over to get it but it wasn't there. I was like huh? I had just checked in no more than 10 minutes earlier. Apparently, since it is considered a lost and found item, the CM put it with the lost & found items. In the time I checked in, walked over to Everything POP, and walked back to the check in, the lost & found items were picked up. They told me I could get my license back in 24-48 hours. It took everything in my being not to snap on somebody. Why would they send it to lost & found when they know who I am, where I'm staying, what room I'm in? Not to mention I was going to be on a plane in 24 hours…. that is if I could even get on the plane with NO LICENSE!

I had to fill out a lost ID form and they told me they would let me on the plane with it. I don't see how, but whatever. I spoke with the manager and he reassured me they would get it back. I didn't put up too much of a stink but I was fuming. It didn't make sense to me.

We had a little time to kill before we were leaving for the day. We walked around to check out POP.

There's AOA!

Hippy Dippy Pool

Here's ahhhhhhhh… you know.. the kid from a Jungle Book

Petals Pool Bar

And a staircase disguised as a bowling pin.

Our room wasn't ready, (what else is new) so we couldn't drop off our luggage. We hopped back in the car and went for a drive.

Up next: Where we ended up & I go missing- again

:scared1: about the lost license. I would not be trusting them either. It does seem to be an odd policy of just shipping it out rather than keeping ID's at the desk...like you say, they know what room you are in and could have left a msg.

I do love the feel of the Pop...such a fun place to stay.

I have had issues with lost and found too...and it was Pop as well.... They have the WORST system!!!! They could care less if you need something immediately.

The lost and found system in disney seems really dumb. We lost a hat in Epcot before and were told it could be collected at the gate at the end of the day. We were leaving the park half way through the day so they said it would be sent to lost and found at the ticket and transportation centre in a week. We never had time to go there so it was pretty much bye bye hat :(

I checked in and met up with Melody at Everything POP. She was buying a few treats and asked me for a few bucks. I went into my wallet and.. oh shoot! I realized I left my license at the check in desk. I walked over to get it but it wasn't there. I was like huh? I had just checked in no more than 10 minutes earlier. Apparently, since it is considered a lost and found item, the CM put it with the lost & found items. In the time I checked in, walked over to Everything POP, and walked back to the check in, the lost & found items were picked up. They told me I could get my license back in 24-48 hours. It took everything in my being not to snap on somebody. Why would they send it to lost & found when they know who I am, where I'm staying, what room I'm in? Not to mention I was going to be on a plane in 24 hours…. that is if I could even get on the plane with NO LICENSE!

I had to fill out a lost ID form and they told me they would let me on the plane with it. I don't see how, but whatever. I spoke with the manager and he reassured me they would get it back. I didn't put up too much of a stink but I was fuming. It didn't make sense to me.

So sad about leaving the Coronado but I WAS right you had a night at POP.

A little packing a little swimming a little saying goodbye to mom.

YAY that Juliana was part of the group that got to open up the pool.

Now for the whole license thing!!! :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Um hello your room was not ready - THEY HAD YOUR CELL PHONE # RIGHT?!?!?!?! Why did they not just call? That is just dumb. Ridiculous. I understand security and identity and all that but really? It wasn't like you just dropped it somewhere you had to show it to check in, sh/he had to take it . Direct contact. Man that stinks.

She told me she did COP and HOP as well as had lunch and just took in the sights.
Sounds like a nice, relaxed time in the park. Granted, I'd have gone for solo rides on Space and Thunder, but to each their own. :thumbsup2

I'm really gonna miss staying at Coranado.
Yeah, well... I'm glad you like it. :rolleyes1

I realized I left my license at the check in desk. I walked over to get it but it wasn't there. I was like huh? I had just checked in no more than 10 minutes earlier. Apparently, since it is considered a lost and found item, the CM put it with the lost & found items. In the time I checked in, walked over to Everything POP, and walked back to the check in, the lost & found items were picked up. They told me I could get my license back in 24-48 hours. It took everything in my being not to snap on somebody. Why would they send it to lost & found when they know who I am, where I'm staying, what room I'm in?
How did you not snap? I'd have been livid. :headache:

Mowgli.

Where we ended up & I go missing- again
Missing with no ID. This sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. :rolleyes1

:scared1: about the lost license. I would not be trusting them either. It does seem to be an odd policy of just shipping it out rather than keeping ID's at the desk...like you say, they know what room you are in and could have left a msg.
I don't understand the protocol for this. It wasn't even like someone found it and turned it in to the front desk. They knew who I was, where I was staying, my room number, etc. :badpc:

I do love the feel of the Pop...such a fun place to stay.
It is.. we really enjoy staying there. :goodvibes

I have had issues with lost and found too...and it was Pop as well.... They have the WORST system!!!! They could care less if you need something immediately.
::yes:: I don't understand it. Why send it to the central lost and found? :badpc:

I hope they changed their policy about the license. That makes no sense at all!
Doubt they have changed anything. :badpc:

The lost and found system in disney seems really dumb. We lost a hat in Epcot before and were told it could be collected at the gate at the end of the day. We were leaving the park half way through the day so they said it would be sent to lost and found at the ticket and transportation centre in a week. We never had time to go there so it was pretty much bye bye hat :(
I understand why they send it there…. so people don't have to go back into a park to pick it up. But why send it before the end of the day? Give people a chance to grab it there. :badpc:

So sad about leaving the Coronado but I WAS right you had a night at POP.
Congratulations!!!! You WIN!!!!!! :hyper:

A little packing a little swimming a little saying goodbye to mom.
So all & all it was a good morning. :rotfl2:

YAY that Juliana was part of the group that got to open up the pool.
I have video of it but I figured I'd just post a pic or two. ;)

Now for the whole license thing!!! :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Um hello your room was not ready - THEY HAD YOUR CELL PHONE # RIGHT?!?!?!?! Why did they not just call? That is just dumb. Ridiculous. I understand security and identity and all that but really? It wasn't like you just dropped it somewhere you had to show it to check in, sh/he had to take it . Direct contact. Man that stinks.
Yup. You summed it up well. Makes absolutely no sense. :badpc:

Sounds like a nice, relaxed time in the park. Granted, I'd have gone for solo rides on Space and Thunder, but to each their own. :thumbsup2
Well, since we never go on those, she didn't have the chance to. She was just enjoying herself. :goodvibes

Yeah, well... I'm glad you like it. :rolleyes1
:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I did.. I do.. I hope to stay there again someday. (if you're paying!) :rotfl2:

How did you not snap? I'd have been livid. :headache:
I was close to snapping but what would that have done? :badpc:

Yea, that's it! You can split the prize with Pat. :hippie:

Missing with no ID. This sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. :rolleyes1
Good thing I wasn't in a foreign country. :faint:

Looks like a great time at the pool!

Wow on your license, someone really made a dumb mistake on not just calling you

Sunday Nov. 11th was here. The sadness was starting to set in. The realization that we were going home tomorrow and we had to move from our home of 9 days was a little sad, as well as saying goodbye to my mom. She was flying home. I helped her get all her bags to bell services and she gave the kids big hugs. She had to be on ME at 1:30 for her flight. She was hopping on a bus for Magic Kingdom to have a few hours in the park to herself. She told me she did COP and HOP as well as had lunch and just took in the sights.

Glad your mom got a little time alone to enjoy the sights.

We packed up our room and somehow we finished rather quickly. That gave us some time for a walk to the Dig Site.

I'm really gonna miss staying at Coranado. I really love the grounds here. We arrived at the pool and there wasn't too many people swimming. One fish couldn't wait to get swimming.

You know, you can always stay there for a night or two when you don't want to use all of your points in case you have more than one trip planned.

She loves her pool time.

The sun started popping through the clouds and it was hard to keep your eyes open. May I present- Exhibit A:

I learned quickly we needed to get into the shade of the life guard chair for an eyes open picture.

Cute pictures...I love that little boy's smile.

There was an announcement that all the kids should come over to the ruins and help get the waterfall started.

I'm glad Ana got on the slide.

Juliana found a seat and helped officially open the pool. She was excited because now that he pool was open, the waterside was open. She went down that a few times while I swam with Bubba.

He looks like another fish.

We had a great time at the pool. Christopher really loved swimming.

Back at the room we quickly showered the kids, packed up the car, and said goodbye to CSR.

Bye bye CSR.

We had a loooong drive ahead of us. I remember taking a left out of the parking lot, going a few lights, taking a right, and what do ya know… we were at our destination.

I just love this picture… Makes me wish I was there right now.

Hello Pop!

While I went to check in, Melody brought the kids over to Everything POP.

I swear she will be a model when she grows up.

I just want to pinch those cheeks.

You have got to be kidding me? I would have been furious and putting up a huge stink!

We had a little time to kill before we were leaving for the day. We walked around to check out POP.

There's AOA!

Hippy Dippy Pool

Nice pictures.

MOWGLI!

Petals Pool Bar

And a staircase disguised as a bowling pin.

Fun pictures.

Our room wasn't ready, (what else is new) so we couldn't drop off our luggage. We hopped back in the car and went for a drive.

You are having the luck we usually have at OKW with our room.

Up next: Where we ended up & I go missing- again

That doesn't sound good.

The blinky lights also known as Osborne Lights! :lmao: Your family photos were adorable! I finally saw those Osborne Lights for the first time last December. It really was better than I anticipated. :)

At least leaving Coronado Springs wasn't so painful knowing you had one more night at Pop.

Uhhhh other than your DL being fast forwarded to Lost & Found the second you left the desk. I can imagine the frustration. :(

Looks like a great time at the pool!
It was fun! Wish I was swimming there right now! :goodvibes

Wow on your license, someone really made a dumb mistake on not just calling you
Unfortunately, I believe it is their policy. :faint:

Glad your mom got a little time alone to enjoy the sights.
She only had a few hours but I think she really enjoyed herself.

You know, you can always stay there for a night or two when you don't want to use all of your points in case you have more than one trip planned.
True. But it's hard to dish out money when your points are 'free'. :rotfl2:

Cute pictures...I love that little boy's smile.
Not sure why you are calling me a little boy. :scratchin

I swear she will be a model when she grows up.
She might give Mark a run for his money with the hat pics. :lmao:

I just want to pinch those cheeks.
I thought you said you wanted him to warm up to you? :confused3

You have got to be kidding me? I would have been furious and putting up a huge stink!
Huh? You? Never!

You are having the luck we usually have at OKW with our room.
We know our luck, that's why I think we are going to go straight to EP from the ship.

That doesn't sound good.
Well, it's not as bad as you think.

The blinky lights also known as Osborne Lights! :lmao: Your family photos were adorable! I finally saw those Osborne Lights for the first time last December. It really was better than I anticipated. :)
Reading reviews here on the DIS we weren't too sure about it before we saw it for the first time. When we finally made it to DHS we were in awe. We really enjoyed it (even with the wall to wall people)

At least leaving Coronado Springs wasn't so painful knowing you had one more night at Pop.
True! But it would of been a lot easier if we were able to add the extra night on at CSR. :goodvibes

Uhhhh other than your DL being fast forwarded to Lost & Found the second you left the desk. I can imagine the frustration. :(
Yea. Was't the 'magical' beginning to our one night stay at POP I was hoping for. :badpc:

Not sure why you are calling me a little boy. :scratchin

Keep dreaming, Tim. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

She might give Mark a run for his money with the hat pics. :lmao:

Ana with the hats, and Christopher with the swords!

I thought you said you wanted him to warm up to you? :confused3

You have a point; I guess I'll just kiss them instead. Or I could bribe him with gifts? ;)

Huh? You? Never!

No, really, I'm very mild-tempered...most of the time.

We know our luck, that's why I think we are going to go straight to EP from the ship.

Smart move!

LOL… what ever you do, cuz I know you'll do something, please, don't go crazy. :rolleyes2

Whatever are you talking about? :rolleyes:

Seriously, have I announced that I am going to be a grandma yet? NO I have not. And as I told you, until my kids make me a grandma, I have taken it upon myself to spoil your kids. :goodvibes

Still lurking when I can. Let's see... this week, it's been all about Scholarship Applications, wedding planning, and 2 of my daughters getting in a MAJOR car wreck. Yeah, as in totalled. Miraculously, they both walked away with only minor bruising and VERY sore bodies, and can finally go back to work and school tomorrow.

But, let's see, your latest update reminds me of a similarly ugly documents incident in which a certain set of tickets were forgotten. No, this one wasn't your fault, but just as potentially disastrous! :scared:

Good thing you noticed it right away though. Could have been later... a lot later.

Anyway, swimmy-time looked great- nothing better than a Disney pool!! :goodvibes

:sad1:

One fish couldn't wait to get swimming.

Can you blame her?

The kids seemed to handle it just fine. :rolleyes1

Cool!

I realized I left my license at the check in desk. I walked over to get it but it wasn't there. I was like huh? I had just checked in no more than 10 minutes earlier. Apparently, since it is considered a lost and found item, the CM put it with the lost & found items. In the time I checked in, walked over to Everything POP, and walked back to the check in, the lost & found items were picked up. They told me I could get my license back in 24-48 hours. It took everything in my being not to snap on somebody. Why would they send it to lost & found when they know who I am, where I'm staying, what room I'm in? Not to mention I was going to be on a plane in 24 hours…. that is if I could even get on the plane with NO LICENSE!

:scared1:

When I was on vacation in Pawleys Island, I went into one of those crappy touristy gift shops and found some little signs on popsicle sticks that were meant help up drivers, um, communicate to other drivers while on the road. One of the signs just said, "WT*?" on it. I really, really wish I'd bought it, because it's so versatile and I could just carry it around with me everywhere--business meetings, TSA lines, the grocery aisles, etc. This would have been a perfect place to use it, Wile E. Coyote style.

Still lurking when I can. Let's see... this week, it's been all about Scholarship Applications, wedding planning, and 2 of my daughters getting in a MAJOR car wreck. Yeah, as in totalled. Miraculously, they both walked away with only minor bruising and VERY sore bodies, and can finally go back to work and school tomorrow.
I read about your DDs on Facebook. I'm so glad they are OK!

But, let's see, your latest update reminds me of a similarly ugly documents incident in which a certain set of tickets were forgotten. No, this one wasn't your fault, but just as potentially disastrous! :scared:
errrrr… let's not bring that up :badpc:

Good thing you noticed it right away though. Could have been later... a lot later.
True, like when I was standing in line trying to get through security at MCO! :scared1:

Anyway, swimmy-time looked great- nothing better than a Disney pool!! :goodvibes
You got that right! What could be better? :confused3

Can you blame her?
Nope. Sometimes I think she'd rather swim than go to the parks. :crazy2:

The kids seemed to handle it just fine. :rolleyes1
Maybe it had something to do with getting older. :scratchin :badpc:

When I was on vacation in Pawleys Island, I went into one of those crappy touristy gift shops and found some little signs on popsicle sticks that were meant help up drivers, um, communicate to other drivers while on the road. One of the signs just said, "WT*?" on it. I really, really wish I'd bought it, because it's so versatile and I could just carry it around with me everywhere--business meetings, TSA lines, the grocery aisles, etc. This would have been a perfect place to use it, Wile E. Coyote style.
:rotfl2::rotfl2:

That would of been perfect but I might of thrown it at them and that would of made a bad situation worse. :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter