This half time has to

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like it should be 75-95 lol. I was born in 78 and these were the songs I danced to at the bar/club :)
lol yeah but that wasn't the point of the meme. I think the point was that age range puts the age group at 27-37 where we still think we're young and then we realize....uhh..some are getting close to 40 and time has flown by. It's like the videos you see "songs that turn 20" or "songs that turn 30" and you're like wait a minute.. That's the reason the "made for us young ones" comes in. I was comparing it to the memes about colonoscopy and mammograms. I mean look at the comments here people are like "I'm 50 and I loved it"...you're probably not going to hear a 30-something have to put that disclaimer in there ;)

lol yeah but that wasn't the point of the meme. I think the point was that age range puts the age group at 27-37 where we still think we're young and then we realize....uhh..some are getting close to 40 and time has flown by. It's like the videos you see "songs that turn 20" or "songs that turn 30" and you're like wait a minute.. That's the reason the "made for us young ones" comes in. I was comparing it to the memes about colonoscopy and mammograms. I mean look at the comments here people are like "I'm 50 and I loved it"...you're probably not going to hear a 30-something have to put that disclaimer in there ;)
Lol yeah I'm old enough I know I'm old. My body reminds me of it daily.

One of my friends shared this meme from FB..man it hit hard where it hurts :faint:

View attachment 647609

**I consider this more accurate than memes targeting older than 40 as the main audience but that's just me
Hard disagree. Nobody born in the 70s had to put any disclaimer on it either. The “ you need to schedule your mammogram/colonoscopy” memes were right on.

Hard disagree. Nobody born in the 70s had to put any disclaimer on it either. The “ you need to schedule your mammogram/colonoscopy” memes were right on.
lol okay. Like I said doesn't appear the DIS got the meme/appreciated the meme (well those older apparently didn't :rotfl:) . Then again your prior comment was something about "sorry Millennials" even though us Millennials grew up on that music. Anywho moving on to another thread :p

Ugh, your mom sounds cool. My mom only ever sang Neil Diamond before going to K-Mart.

Ok so since this started a bit of a discussion about Neil Diamond I just gotta say I’ve always loved Neil Diamond. I never liked the “cool” music of my day (again I’m the demographic that the show should have appealed to graduating in 95). My music preferences being viewed as not cool gave me some serious self esteem issues during those days. I always felt like the kids listening to the popular stuff were so cool and I thought I was so lame listening to Bette Midler and Neil Diamond and Barry Manilow, but that’s the music I really enjoyed. I kinda hate that those people who went to clubs and listened to rap and all the acceptable cool stuff were considered awesome and I had to feel like a loser just because I didn’t like loud music and clubs. Anyway…life is good, this thread has just brought up some interesting memories…

Ok so since this started a bit of a discussion about Neil Diamond I just gotta say I’ve always loved Neil Diamond. I never liked the “cool” music of my day (again I’m the demographic that the show should have appealed to graduating in 95). My music preferences being viewed as not cool gave me some serious self esteem issues during those days. I always felt like the kids listening to the popular stuff were so cool and I thought I was so lame listening to Bette Midler and Neil Diamond and Barry Manilow, but that’s the music I really enjoyed. I kinda hate that those people who went to clubs and listened to rap and all the acceptable cool stuff were considered awesome and I had to feel like a loser just because I didn’t like loud music and clubs. Anyway…life is good, this thread has just brought up some interesting memories…

I was the same way. I graduated '96 and all of my friends were into grunge or rap, and I still liked 80's stuff. There were so few bands that I appreciated that were even close to being considered cool. I was never cool though. I didn't get a ton of grief over my musical preferences really - kids were maybe more incredulous about what I didn't like over what I did.

Well, since you’re the third person to quote me in defense of Neil Diamond… lol. I wasn’t taking a dig at Neil Diamond — my post was a light-hearted attempt to highlight the very different “vibe” between someone who sings Tupac and Dre before heading to the club vs. someone who sings Neil Diamond on their way to K-Mart. Other contenders I considered for the coveted shout-out in my post were Wayne Newton, Buddy Holly, and The Monkees, but ultimately the honor went to Mr. Diamond.

Loved it. For those who are complaining about the age of the performers, name someone current that would have been 1/2 as good. Yeah, I know, can't be done.
Favorites;
This one
Prince
Bruno Mars

Worst:
The Indiana Jones one posted by soccerdad72
The Disney one. Oh, you didn't see it? That's because it was pre-empted by the breaking news of the Gulf War invasion. Thanks to YouTube for preserving this vital piece of history;

Loved it. For those who are complaining about the age of the performers, name someone current that would have been 1/2 as good. Yeah, I know, can't be done.
Favorites;
This one
Prince
Bruno Mars

You know, I really can't think of a halftime show I absolutely hated since the era of musical superstars replaced the rather ridiculous theatrical productions (which I seldom bothered to watch). I didn't love the post-wardrobe malfunction string of old dudes (Prince being the exception both in age and in enjoyment in that era), and there were a couple where artists I generally liked on the radio fell flat on stage (Black Eyed Peas, Maroon 5). But I do think it is funny how many people are complaining about the age of this group of performers. They're clearly not old enough to remember when we got Paul McCartney and The Rolling Stones and Tom Petty and Bruce Springsteen and The Who in a long string of boob-free (thanks, Janet!) acts too old and too tame to cause any trouble.

I quit watching the half time shows years ago when you couldn't understand the singers for the loud music, but I know others love it. I get alot done while the half time show is on, so I'm happy, LOL.
I loved the tostidoes commercial with the sloth! It was cute and I actually laughed at that one. Also liked the Bud commercial but it was too short. I agree with a PP that the commercials seemed rushed and incomplete. I guess that 30 seconds is very expensive!

I quit watching the half time shows years ago when you couldn't understand the singers for the loud music, but I know others love it. I get alot done while the half time show is on, so I'm happy, LOL.
I loved the tostidoes commercial with the sloth! It was cute and I actually laughed at that one. Also liked the Bud commercial but it was too short. I agree with a PP that the commercials seemed rushed and incomplete. I guess that 30 seconds is very expensive!

And most of the good ads get more traction online in their extended forms anyway. I think it is reaching a point where they pay for the 30 sec version just to get the longer versions included in the Super Bowl commercials hype on YouTube and pop media.

The Jeep Groundhog Day ad was hilarious but I somehow missed it completely during the game. I saw it on YouTube thanks to a link in a pre-game list of "this year's best" Super Bowl ads. I'm sure what aired during the game wasn't the almost 2 min. of the version I saw.

Favorites;
This one
Prince
Bruno Mars

Worst:
The Indiana Jones one posted by soccerdad72
The Disney one. Oh, you didn't see it? That's because it was pre-empted by the breaking news of the Gulf War invasion. Thanks to YouTube for preserving this vital piece of history;
Oh, boy. Having little girls sing about what a man has to do to get “a cutie to pet” was, um, quite a choice on Disney’s part. :scared:

I'm a U2 fan and so no surprise I really liked the Super Bowl where they performed. I'll never forget when Bono opened his jacket to see it lined with the American Flag pattern. They had a scrim dropped from the rafters where the victims of 9/11 names were projected onto it. I felt like it was just well done all things considered.

Although it probably will never happen, yet a Disney inspired half-time show would be very cool. Maybe next year since Disney will be 100 years
old?

Disney has done the half time show before. I believe it was the 1991 and 1995 half times

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter