Things that are free at Disney

I love love love all the suggestions in this thread!!

I know I'll be incorporating a few into my trip. :D

Lol. We like inventing names for people based on their behaviour. Then we think...wonder what our names are lol. Women that can't sit still or olive oil ( I am quite slight ) ..

THIS is awesome :lmao: People watching is my family's fav pastime on vacation. My sis and I will sometimes don outrageous accents and see if people around us react.

Everything that I know of has been said. This is awesome! I'll thrown in a few free things that I've received from wearing Celebration Pins.

Birthday:
1.) Free cake pop when we were walking through the candy shop on your way to ToT at DHS

Engagement:
1.) Ok so this isn't free, but my DH had proposed and th next day we went to DHS. We take pictures at every park for our photopasses (as I'm sure everyone does lol). We had a really awesome photographer who took really cute pictures of us since we had just gotten engaged. So again, not free but adorable.
2.) I'm pretty sure we each got a free drink from Jellyrolls but I'm not 100% on that. Since I was at Jellyrolls, it's a little blurry lol.

1st Anniversary:
1.) Chocolate covered strawberries from Hollywood and Vine at DHS
2.) Champagne toast, Mickey straws, and berry cobbler from Artist Point

I'm sure it was the luck of the draw but you can get some cool things. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law got some cool things too throughout the years. Hope this helps!

This sounds wonderful. Would you know what time they do this?
Thank you

Morning, for sure. The only day left when we checked in was our departure day (8 days later) and we had to catch Magical Express at 9:30 am so the CM at the front desk left a message for the ranger asking if we could do 8 am, which he was willing to accommodate. I think they have standard time, but were very willing to work with us to make it work.

Morning, for sure. The only day left when we checked in was our departure day (8 days later) and we had to catch Magical Express at 9:30 am so the CM at the front desk left a message for the ranger asking if we could do 8 am, which he was willing to accommodate. I think they have standard time, but were very willing to work with us to make it work.

Thank you-

oh...thought of anyother....the find perry games at epcot and the pirate adventure one at MK (not sure if that one is live yet) electronic scavenger hunt games that you can play around the parks. no charge. stop by one of the game entrance spots at the park, pick up your play devise and follow clues it gives you to find stuff around the parks. fun.

also, the masks around epcot WS. fun for the little ones and free. grab one or two extra - they make great fans!

if you are looking for free stuff to do without having to pay for park entrance (a non park day that won't cost you much) - visit other resorts. lots to do and see at most of them.
AKL - no brainer. amimals and a great hidden mickey search. ask for the hidden mickey paper at the front desk. interact with the CMs in the lobby. they even have free story telling around the fire in the evenings.
WL - free tour of the resort artifacts (most all are authentic) by a ranger. great guy who loves his job and is great at it. worth doing. stick around to watch the geiser errupt.
Take a Monorail resort tour:
GF - beautiful resort. if you happen to be there when the piano player is going it is a great place to have a seat, people watch and listen to some great music.
Poly - free hula lessons in the lobby (do they still do this. i sure hope so!)
Contemp - some great pressed penny and pressed quarter machines in this resort. (ok, they aren't free, but pretty inexpensive) can't think of any freebees here.

From what I gather, there are about 150 pressed coin machines throughout the parks & resorts. You put a penny in, and there is a fifty cent charge to make it. You can buy folders to put them in for something like $7.

We have always stayed at the POFQ and have gotten beads from the front desk each time we register. I have even gone and asked if I could get extras and were given them with no problem. We were there in December last year and we got some really nice ones. Just ask if they have any.

Thanks! I'm so excited!

Oh in Ak last year there were some coloring stations and in Africa somewhere there was a table with women helping kids to make beaded bracelets and telling them about Africa!

Oh, I hope this is still going on! Eep! So excited!

I didn't go back through all the posts, but has anyone mentioned the new Wilderness Explorers game at AK? It's based on the Russell character from the movie Up.

From what I've read, you get a little passport type booklet with various "badges" to earn at points all throughout the park. For each one you earn, you get a sticker in the book. I think there's around 30 you can collect. Sounds like fun and also a great little souvenir to bring home!

Wow! Who knew there were so many free things you could do around the WDW. I will for sure be keeping a few of these in mind for my next trip in three months!

I'm not sure if anyone can verify this but i think i once read that on certain Tuesday afternoons each month children can make a small lego toy for free at the downtown Disney store to keep.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

When we stayed at AKL - Jambo w/ DVC there were lots of free activities for the kids (drums, crafts, using a radio beacon tracker, etc...) and after completing each they got a bead they added to a little talisman.

When we stay at OKW they give the kids balloon animals on check in.

We're staying at BCV this time and saw a schedule for a bunch of recreation activities down by the pool, and a campfire with marshmallows on crescent lake and a movie on the beach.

I always thought the free ferry to DTD from OKW was basically the same thing as renting a pontoon boat through the same canals.

It's been awhile since I've been, but so excited to go again in Oct.:woohoo:
Do they still do the pulling of the sword out of the stone ceremony? I've heard about it, but never seen it.

I've never seen the ceremony but a kid in the area pulled on it and it came out. People came and whisked him and his family away.:wave2:

Last time I was at Animal Kingdom (15th Anniversary day), there were several tables set up at various places and CMs from various countries wrote your name in their language on a 8x10 certificate and added a stamp, all for no extra charge. I got about 4 of these. Don't know if this was usual or special for that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter