Things Disney Offers But Doesn't Advertise *Summary Added Oct 08*

Last month I got a diver to hold up an anniversary sign and a personalized menu for FREE at Coral Reef. My dh was even more excited about it than I thought he would be.

Also, one day at Epcot, there were two cm's standing outside a fence in Canada/UK yelling for one more little girl to come have tea with Alice. I yelled "I have one" and they gave us a cute little invitation to have tea with Alice only of course my dd decided she couldn't go because the white rabbit might be there and she is terrified of "head characters". I was sooooo bummed. But I figured it was crossing a line to force her to have tea with Alice so I could go! Anyone know if they do this regularly of if it was part of the flower and garden thing?

What time is this tea party and is it free?

This is not a fun one but it saved me some $$$ and memories when we were there last weekend.

At Expo Hall in the Photo store I was looking to buy a new memory card for my camera when I spied one of the CM copying another guest's pix onto a CD for her. I asked what he was doing and the other CM told me that they will put all the pics from youe memory card on a CD for you for $12.95. I was psyched because I was sure the card I needed was going to cost $30 or more. Th cd has mouse ears on it too. This was a life and money saver for me on the last day of our trip. So if you fill up that memory card jump into a camera stop and see if they do it.

Now for my fun one....Epcot...If Future World says its closed at say 7pm but WS is open till 9pm...don't think you can't get into the major attractions like Saorin', Nemo, Test Trac, etc. You can!! They keep those open!!

all of the parks have kodak kiosks in their camera shops where you can do that transfer to cd. if you can get offsite, you can find places to do it for more like $4 per cd.

at some point they were supposed to start placing the kiosks at the resorts but i guess this never happened. i know at least at higher level resorts, you can drop off your memory card to have them do this for you during the day. of course that means you'll need a second card to get you through that day.

Carriage rides at WL, POR and SSR are also fun. I think the cost is now $35 plus tip. Very romantic.

There are also hay rides in a wagon at FW.

And on that note . . . I did not know that in the Imagination Pavillion you can learn how to ride a Segway, without going on a tour! It was so cool riding one up and down the designated area with a guide to assist you. First time for me on a Segway! And I think I did pretty good, I stayed in the lines and did not run over anyone! All in all, it was a good day! :laughing:

Are there certain times that the Segway is available for free?

We have done the Pirate Cruise from the Grand Floridian--it's $29.00 per kid and well worth it on a non-park day.

Freebies: Making cookies in The Land (great photo op); the Kidcot stations to make masks; and waking up tinkerbell at the Tinkerbell Treasures gift shop in MK. Be the first kid there to ask and they let your child use a wand to "wake up" Tink, complete with sound effects. Then they gave both our kids certificates and Tink stickers.

the free taste of the segway is actually in innoventions west, not the imagination pavilion. you still need to be at least 16 and under 250 lbs for it. what i've heard is it starts at 1 pm.

When we were at POR last November we found out about a camp sing a long for $2 per person which included a s'mores kit....it showed up on the activity sheet posted where you rent boats...unfortunately we found out about it the day after it occurred.

At DisneyQuest there's a cafe with free internet access. We always make a stop there to eat cake and email our friends back home saying "Haha! We're at Disney and you're stuck in cruddy old Michigan."

I don't know if they still do it, but I was at All Star Movies during December of 2002 and they had a free cookie (gingerbread, my favorite) decorating station at the food court at the hotel.

Did anyone mention the Sword in the Stone show yet? I love that. Or the passive-aggresive drinking fountains at EPCOT? Or the Singin' in the Rain umbrella at MGM?

unfortunately the sword in the stone ceremony ended late last year. the umbrella is also MIA due to reported damages.

At DisneyQuest there's a cafe with free internet access. We always make a stop there to eat cake and email our friends back home saying "Haha! We're at Disney and you're stuck in cruddy old Michigan."

:rotfl: This is one of my favorite things to do with the pictures you can email from Epcot (Imagination, Mission: Space, any others?). Does this make me mean?

Is the access at DQ free wi-fi, or do they provide computers (like the above spots)? Might be worth bringing the handheld over there for a couple of hours!

unfortunately the sword in the stone ceremony ended late last year. the umbrella is also MIA due to reported damages.

Umbrella is back as of at least 4/21/07

People must have thought I was crazy, because i practically ran to it screaming 'ITS BACK ITS BACK! THANK GOD I CAN SING IN THE RAIN!"

lol

Although the ceremony isn't being done anymore, sometimes the sword is able to be drawn out of the stone, and they give the one who removes it a certificate. I have seen it done a few times this year. One CM in particular made it a wonderful little "show" one day in March for a lucky little girl. It was really cute.

I never got to see the ceremony with Merlin, I am hoping they will bring it back someday.

Amie

Each day at the MK around 5:00 PM (I think it's 5PM) there is a ceremony at the flag pole at the start of Main St. just passed the train station. It is called the Flag Retreat. Each day a U.S. Military Veteran assists the WDW color guard in taking down the flag. It is a very moving ceremony as everyone around stops whatever they are doing, the MK band plays patriotic songs and our National Anthem, and the veteran of the day along with the WDW color guard salute the flag and fold it military style. If you are a veteran or traveling with a veteran, you can check in at City Hall (early in the AM) to see if you, or someone you know, can be the veteran of the day.
This is a very nice way to honor our vets! Jim

DO THEY STILL DO THIS???!!! :yay:

My DW and I had experienced this years ago and it was, indeed wonderful!
I didn't think they did the whole ceremony anymore. You mention the MK band ... I thought they were gone! They were always a favorite. Do they still release the doves?
Any info. would be appreciated ...

Thanks!

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter