Things Disney Offers But Doesn't Advertise *Summary Added Oct 08*

What a great thread!!! I'll have to back track and read all these cool things to do! Thanks!:goodvibes

Forgive me if this was already posted, but we enjoyed going to AKL and walking the grounds and talking to some of the resident experts. The person we talked to was from Africa and very knowledgeable about the animals. It was a nice touch.

Another thing we like to do is resort hop and check out all the different lobbies in the resorts. As far as I'm concerned, the best part of the resorts are the lobbies.

Hi,
still new to this board but been to disney too many times to mention. Heading down to WDW next week with my DS (12) for a little one on one time. Never done this before. Leaving the DH and DD (13) home. DD has been to WDW 3x in the last year without DS due to cheer competition so it's payback time for the DS.
I have not been on Tom Sawyer island for the last few visits being only DD was with me. What is this with the paintbrushes? Where are they hidden, ( I don't mean EXACTLY where but are they ANYWHERE?) Do you get a fastpass for a ride as a reward? Will the CMs on the island give you info if you ask about it? Any info would be appreciated. I think DS would really enjoy the hunt! thanks in advance!

First of all :welcome: Second, here is a thread with more info on the paint brushes: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1436616

Two questions...

Are they still doing the paintbrushes on Tom Sawyer island now that it has been "taken over" by pirates???

I read on an old thread about an ice cream social with characters.... anyone know if they still do this somewhere?

the pirate introduction to tom sawyer's island is in disneyland, not disney world, and yes, paintbrushes are still hidden.

the ice cream social has been gone for years.

this is a little irrelevant and I will probably get flamed for this however when mk closes and the lines for the monorail is terrible, you can take the resort monorail and it will take you to the parking area. We do this everytime.

why is that bad? although as i understand it, if things are really busy exiting the parks, they may require a resort id to use the resort monorail?

On my last trip, I found out through another guest that you can get a character to come to your room and give you an hour back massage. It was a lot of fun. I chose Belle from beauty and the beast and my wife chose Goofy. It was a lot of fun, and the back rub was pretty good.

It cost $65 for the hour, plus tip. I highly recommend it.

Creepy... in so many ways.

The robots in Innoventions and the goofy pictures of yourself in the Kodak Imagination center that you can email home. Then, after you get home, you can print them out - free pictures. :)

Is that the email pic? I loved those!! We have quite a collection. I thought they stopped it. Well worth waiting in line for.:thumbsup2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemikger
On my last trip, I found out through another guest that you can get a character to come to your room and give you an hour back massage. It was a lot of fun. I chose Belle from beauty and the beast and my wife chose Goofy. It was a lot of fun, and the back rub was pretty good.

I totally agree. That is way creepy. Well, unless it is Jack Sparrow....j/k.

How does one go about reserving this? My daughter would love to have Pluto come to our room!

This has been your gullability test for the day. Thanks for taking the time to participate.

Ok, you got me!! I really thought that was for real:rotfl2: My daughters always try this one: If you say orange really slow it sounds like gullible

Obviously I don't read all the entries before I post so these may have already been mentioned, so forgive me if they have.

I believe that the Poly has a lady bug release one day a week (not sure of the exact day)

I have been going to WDW for years now and just found out about the high tea at GF, can't wait to try that out this Aug.

When my girls were younger, they loved the pony rides at FW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter