~~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip - or two - or three...~~ D~'s bag ~9/22 ~~

I think I would leave them plain and just use them through out the different seasons - with either ribbon or some sort of garland around/near them... I am not sure... they are just such a nice and basic statement piece - I could use them in so many places... I'll let you all know what I decide. :lovestruc
This sounds so pretty. What a nice way to decorate! Looking forward to hearing what you decide!:goodvibes
When I got there, I walked into the back room and decided to walk on to the semi-truck we were to unload to say hi to a friend... While I was on there chatting, I started throwing the truck... Some how - I got roped into unloading the entire truck with him. The last time I did this - it was a VERY small truck... However, yesterday's truck was VERY large... A full semi-trailer, plumb full - top to bottom, front to back... It took us about 45 minutes to unload it, and it was CONSTANT manual labor of lifting and pushing heavy loads on the belt. It was AWESOME! And very much a work out, and something that very few females can or will do. The adrenaline rush after was something I normally only get after running - so it was a lot of fun. I hope that this is something I can do again, as I very much enjoyed it. :lovestruc
Wow that does sounds exciting/! It's like you were being paid to work out:thumbsup2 Glad you were able to enjoy your day at Target!:goodvibes
And surprisingly - I am not sore at all this morning. :woohoo:
Wow - that's amazing! Good for you D!:thumbsup2
But I write it out with brutal honesty - all the same - because maybe there is some kernel in it that will help someone, or help me. :hug:
You are an inspiration to many of us, and I know you are to myself. Your drive to never give up even after you've had a misstep is something that many find inspirational, in your Healthy living , and something we can all apply to our daily lives.:hug:

You really are inspirational -- especially because you keep pushing, keep trying, and you don't give up in this journey to a healthier you. That is what is the most inspirational -- that you keep going! Sounds like you got quite a workout at Target yesterday morning!

It's gorgeous outside again today. Yesterday I went outside for an afternoon break at work and did three laps around our outdoor courtyard. It was gorgeous outside. I didn't work up a sweat - can't do that during the middle of the work day, LOL - but it felt great to just get out and move. I'm going to do the same thing this afternoon, and hopefully get a walk in after work tonight before I have to be at youth group at church.

I just got THE MOST EXCITING NEWS -- it looks like I'll be going to WDW in August this year! I'm so excited!! I was trying to convince my sister (she's my best friend, next to my husband) to come up here to visit me in April but the timing is bad for her, and so are finances....and she told me she just worked it out so that she could go to Jamberry convention at WDW in August and asked if I wanted to come with her to help celebrate her 40th birthday! Dumb question -- of course I want to go! So it looks like we'll drive down to WDW on the 10th (6 or so hours from her house) and do Disney Springs that night, then I'll do the parks on the 11th and 12th while she is in workshops and stuff, then she'll be able to join me in the parks on the 13th, and we'll drive back to her house on the 14th. Yippee! I'm so excited! And since we're splitting the room with her team leader, I will be spending less than $175 for the resort (Coronado Springs) for all four nights. I e-mailed my husband and asked if he was ok with it -- it could be my combined birthday/Mother's Day gift, or I could use my private earnings from teaching piano lessons to pay for it so it doesn't come out of the family budget -- and he said to go for it. :-) The sad part is that neither of my girls will be able to go, and I've never done any solo time in the parks so that should be interesting. I'm really debating spending my two solo park days at Universal since I've never been there. I can't do thrill rides (motion sickness) but I really want to see the HP stuff....so I need to figure that out. I'm already starting to plan! LOL

Hi D~ :wave: My name is Krissy and I've been lurking on this PTR for quite a while now. I went back and read everything back when it was 90something pages or so haha. I've also gone through and read your trip reports. Any who, I came out of lurkdom because I just wanted to thank you. I've read your struggles with your weight, which I also deal with myself. I wanted to thank you for being an inspiration. I always try for a bit, then get frustrated and give up. You keep pushing on even when you want to give up, and that's just amazing. So when you do want to give up, or get frustrated, remember you've made a difference in at least one life, but also judging by people on here, many more. ::yes:: That being said, once MA decides if it wants to be 40 or 70 degrees, I'll definitely be out there walking! Running may have to take a backseat for the time being while I get use to everything.

Also super pumped about seeing your Halloween everything (including V's stuff)! I'm going down to Disney Oct 30-Nov 8 so I'm pretty excited about everything Halloween. I always love seeing what outfits you put together along with your bags, another thing you've inspired me to do! I've been thinking about what outfits to put together for my trip, although knowing me I'll change my mind while I'm there! haha

Okay D I tried to quote part of your text about your struggles on the healthy front, but I am tech challenged! I just want to say just continuing to try to be better everyday is what makes you fitspirational! Maybe your bored, you could switch up your workout video? I get bored easily and since workout videos are relatively inexpensive I rotate them weekly. :confused3

Also I was reading Jillian Michaels Master your Metabolism book, maybe you need blood work done, or to reevaluate your routine to see why you might be plateauing. I don't mean any of this as rude, I am cheering you on :cheer2:and love what you are doing:love:. My husband just found out last year that he has hypothyroidism , he never knew! He was exhausted, and couldn't lose weight, so I bugged him until he told the doctor.

If you are working as hard as you have been then there might be a bigger reason it is not showing! For me I used to lose a bit and the plateau! It was so frustrating, finally I kicked my diet pop addiction and now stick to water, black coffee and green tea. It was like magic I knocked down that plateau and have seen consistent results. You can do it, you have the drive obviously! I come her weekly (at least ) and your healthier lifestyle is a big reason I keep coming back! Keep going, you've come so far, do not despair! Much love and respect !

Last edited:
My suggestion is to log your food. I know its a chore, but I find it helps me stay on track. Also, you may think your portions are correct, but do you weigh them? I find that what I think is a good portion is way too large. My kitchen scale gets a good workout now.
Running will help in the long run. I know that you didn't see much difference last summer, but honestly, keep it up, and sooner or later you will see a difference.

I worked at Target while I was in college, the overnights actually. I worked In the back in hard lines so I would take all those boxes you unload and back stock them. I LOVED how physical it was! I'm glad you had a great day, maybe you can talk to them about doing the truck more often?

I know it's tough when you fee like you've hit a plateau and not knowing what exactly needs to change to get you over it. Sometimes you need to just stop and look at the progress you've made so far. Look at pictures of before you started dieting and exercising to realize how far you've come, and this is just a bump in a very long road.

Yup - that's normally what I do, but our store (and most stores now) no longer have an overnight team, unless it's a special occasion. So, we do all of that during store hours. I don't feel like I get that much of a work out doing my normal job though, I just loved unloading the truck - it was a lot of fun. ::yes:: I am not sure they will let me? We will see...

This size plateau/gain has been ongoing for almost 2 years now... I so I feel like this is more than just the average plateau. LOL It's more like a dead stop & reverse. :D I try hard to remember how far I have come - but it's difficult, because I look at photos of myself at my smallest - this time last year - and it's very painful and sad for me... At that time - I still had another size I wanted to lose, so I've been trying, trying, trying and rather than lose - I gain. Sigh. I just keep fighting the fight - at some point, something has to work for me. :lovestruc Thanks so much for your kind words. :hug:

Hi from beautiful, sunny, warm Florida. We're having above average temps, although it was only in the 60's the first 3 days! We stay in a house and it has the warmest pool we've ever had and a hot tub too. We did Universal with our boys who are adults and we all just loved it. We got annual passes for there too since we're coming back next Feb. We're awaiting my daughter's family today and can't wait to get back to Disney. I just wanted to mention to wait on the crown if you can. I just had one redone after it got decay under the crown. It cost $1200 and I haven't had insurance since I retired. I had never thought I would have to have a crown redone but this is the second one. I had a wisdom tooth filled at least 30 years ago that they wanted to put a crown on and I said no I'd have it pulled. So they filled it and I've never had any problem with it. There was an awful story on the news about a cleaner at Art of Animation mopping the floor in the food court and then using the same mop to clean the tables. I guess it was an independent cleaning company but I seriously felt sick after seeing it.

Awesome!!!! It sounds like you are having a great time with an awesome place to stay. Smart idea to do Universal APs. ::yes::

Yikes... that's terrible about your crown! If I have a crown done - you are right - I would expect it to last the rest of my life. Hmmm.... :scratchin I also had a wisdom tooth filled... It was a temporary filling - 3 years ago... I told them, at that time, I was planning to have my wisdom teeth out, so they just put a temp filling in... It's still there with no problems. I just hate having dental work done. Sigh.

Yuck!!! That is disgusting! I do not thing that is the norm... I've never seen anything like that happen at any resort.

I hope you have a great time on the rest of your trip! :woohoo:

What program did you switch to? I'm always looking for something to spice up my workouts.

You look amazing. You are so much healthier now then when you started this lifelong journey. I think i'm back at the weight that my body likes instead of the 20 pounds lighter that I would love to be.

I am trying out Stronglifts 5x5... So many people do it with great success. I've tried it before - um, in 2014... And I didn't like it quite as much as NROLFW, but now Stronglifts has an app, and I really like that concept - so much easier to keep track of. I've decided to give it a try again and see how I like it. If nothing else - just to change up the "ho-hum" factor in my work outs. I did it for the first time yesterday, and I felt like I was able to get a very good lift out of it. :thumbsup2

Thanks! :lovestruc It's so hard sometimes... I feel like I've tried everything and nothing works. I just need to keep trying - something will work eventually. :hug:

I'm glad to hear you had a great day at Target yesterday and even got some exercise while working. Good job :D

Sounds like a good idea to go out to run/walk when the weather is so nice.

Here it's going to rain during the weekend. I'm not looking forward to it because I know winter is not over yet so we will get temperatures below freezing point again and that means we'll get a lot of ice if it doesn't rain so much that all the snow on the roads disappears. But I don't think it will rain that much so the roads get snow and ice free.

The horses at the stable that we use are called school horses and those horses are well trained and horses that don't get easily scared. The stable is very near the airport so the horses are used to the airplanes that starts and lands close by.

I hope you have a great weekend. I'm going to a town not far from Oslo that is called Lillestrøm this weekend. I'm home again on Sunday.

It was awesome! Both the walk and Target - and I never say that about Target. LOL

Hopefully you won't get too much ice.

I figured they were well trained horses... It's still OK to be fearful of them spooking though - it happens. Hopefully a lot less with these horses though.

Thanks - you too - have fun! :lovestruc

This sounds so pretty. What a nice way to decorate! Looking forward to hearing what you decide!

Wow that does sounds exciting/! It's like you were being paid to work out:thumbsup2 Glad you were able to enjoy your day at Target!

Wow - that's amazing! Good for you D!

You are an inspiration to many of us, and I know you are to myself. Your drive to never give up even after you've had a misstep is something that many find inspirational, in your Healthy living , and something we can all apply to our daily lives.

Thanks - I haven't decided if I am going to buy them or not... If I go with all big letters, they are on sale this week - and with all of my discounts, I can get the set for $25, which isn't too bad. :scratchin I just need to decide soon - or more letters may be missing when I get there.

Yah - that was awesome! I was being paid to work out, I am totally OK with that. And I was literally on an adrenaline rush for hours after - so they clearly got the better bargain of me that day. LOL

Thank you... Part of the reason I never give up - is that I have yet to reach my goal. Had you told me, 4 years ago, that I'd still be working at the same goal, I don't think I would have believed you - and it may have caused me to quit right then and there. I just keep trying over and over again - as i don't feel I have another choice... My health has become such an important aspect in my life - I cannot imagine my life any other way now. Thanks so much for the kind words and the encouragement. :hug:

You really are inspirational -- especially because you keep pushing, keep trying, and you don't give up in this journey to a healthier you. That is what is the most inspirational -- that you keep going! Sounds like you got quite a workout at Target yesterday morning!

It's gorgeous outside again today. Yesterday I went outside for an afternoon break at work and did three laps around our outdoor courtyard. It was gorgeous outside. I didn't work up a sweat - can't do that during the middle of the work day, LOL - but it felt great to just get out and move. I'm going to do the same thing this afternoon, and hopefully get a walk in after work tonight before I have to be at youth group at church.

I just got THE MOST EXCITING NEWS -- it looks like I'll be going to WDW in August this year! I'm so excited!! I was trying to convince my sister (she's my best friend, next to my husband) to come up here to visit me in April but the timing is bad for her, and so are finances....and she told me she just worked it out so that she could go to Jamberry convention at WDW in August and asked if I wanted to come with her to help celebrate her 40th birthday! Dumb question -- of course I want to go! So it looks like we'll drive down to WDW on the 10th (6 or so hours from her house) and do Disney Springs that night, then I'll do the parks on the 11th and 12th while she is in workshops and stuff, then she'll be able to join me in the parks on the 13th, and we'll drive back to her house on the 14th. Yippee! I'm so excited! And since we're splitting the room with her team leader, I will be spending less than $175 for the resort (Coronado Springs) for all four nights. I e-mailed my husband and asked if he was ok with it -- it could be my combined birthday/Mother's Day gift, or I could use my private earnings from teaching piano lessons to pay for it so it doesn't come out of the family budget -- and he said to go for it. :-) The sad part is that neither of my girls will be able to go, and I've never done any solo time in the parks so that should be interesting. I'm really debating spending my two solo park days at Universal since I've never been there. I can't do thrill rides (motion sickness) but I really want to see the HP stuff....so I need to figure that out. I'm already starting to plan! LOL

Thank you so much! :lovestruc It means so much to me that I have so many people cheering me on. I don't always understand why, but it keeps me pushing for sure. :hug:

It sounds like you had a nice break at work - I love that you are able to do that! :woohoo:

Eeeep!!! Congratulations on an upcoming trip! I am very excited for you!!! It sounds like you have a GREAT deal on the room by splitting it so many ways - and how awesome that you get to go 2 days solo. I have never gone "solo" before - Ariana has done it a few times... It's on my bucket list for one day. I think it might be kind of fun... I have split off on my own a few times - and while it's a little lonely - I think if I did a whole trip that way - I'd be more inclined to stop and talk to CMs & other guests... I'd probably make a point of it - actually. ::yes:: Maybe you could do a scavenger hunt of sorts? Make it a mission to talk to a CM in each land - or something? It might be fun.

I would wait and do HP when your girls are with you... Especially if you have motion sickness... For one person to see all of HP - especially with out doing rides - that could easily be done in one day or less. I found that the shops in both areas had pretty much the same things - so there was a lot of redundancy for that part of it. That's my opinion and observation though... If it's something you really want to do solo - I would. :lovestruc

Can't wait to hear the rest of your plans! It will be a fun trip for sure! :woohoo:

Hi D~ :wave: My name is Krissy and I've been lurking on this PTR for quite a while now. I went back and read everything back when it was 90something pages or so haha. I've also gone through and read your trip reports. Any who, I came out of lurkdom because I just wanted to thank you. I've read your struggles with your weight, which I also deal with myself. I wanted to thank you for being an inspiration. I always try for a bit, then get frustrated and give up. You keep pushing on even when you want to give up, and that's just amazing. So when you do want to give up, or get frustrated, remember you've made a difference in at least one life, but also judging by people on here, many more. ::yes:: That being said, once MA decides if it wants to be 40 or 70 degrees, I'll definitely be out there walking! Running may have to take a backseat for the time being while I get use to everything.

Also super pumped about seeing your Halloween everything (including V's stuff)! I'm going down to Disney Oct 30-Nov 8 so I'm pretty excited about everything Halloween. I always love seeing what outfits you put together along with your bags, another thing you've inspired me to do! I've been thinking about what outfits to put together for my trip, although knowing me I'll change my mind while I'm there! haha

Hi Krissy!!! Welcome!!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to introduce yourself, and to cheer me on - that means a lot to me. :hug: It's so hard to keep pushing sometimes when I see no progress, but I am determined to not go backwards - and to enjoy living my life in the process... I just need to find my happy medium - and maybe quit enjoying life quite so often. LOL But it's hard - as most people know... So, I am just determined to keep trying, for the rest of my life, if that's what it takes. It would be nice though, to reach my goal once. LOL

Great job for getting out there to walk! It sounds like you may have plans to run too? Both are very good for you - and I definitely enjoy both. Best of luck to you on your journey - I hope you'll continue to check in and keep me updated... As much as I inspire all of you - you all inspire me too. :lovestruc

Awesome!!! Are you planning to do MNSSHP? We've done it twice and we are very much looking forward to doing it again. I may get some time today to work on my Halloween bag... I don't think I will finish it this weekend though - like I had hoped, as I just realized yesterday that I am OUT of black zippers! Can you believe that? LOL Not sure how I overlooked something as important as that? But I will do as much as I can to get it all done, I am looking forward to sharing it here too. :thumbsup2

Again - thanks so much for stopping by to introduce yourself - It was super nice meeting you! :lovestruc

Okay D I tried to quote part of your text about your struggles on the healthy front, but I am tech challenged! I just want to say just continuing to try to be better everyday is what makes you fitspirational! Maybe your bored, you could switch up your workout video? I get bored easily and since workout videos are relatively inexpensive I rotate them weekly.

Also I was reading Jillian Michaels Master your Metabolism book, maybe you need blood work done, or to reevaluate your routine to see why you might be plateauing. I don't mean any of this as rude, I am cheering you on :cheer2:and love what you are doing:love:. My husband just found out last year that he has hypothyroidism , he never knew! He was exhausted, and couldn't lose weight, so I bugged him until he told the doctor.

If you are working as hard as you have been then there might be a bigger reason it is not showing! For me I used to lose a bit and the plateau! It was so frustrating, finally I kicked my diet pop addiction and now stick to water, black coffee and green tea. It was like magic I knocked down that plateau and have seen consistent results. You can do it, you have the drive obviously! I come her weekly (at least ) and your healthier lifestyle is a big reason I keep coming back! Keep going, you've come so far, do not despair! Much love and respect !

Thanks so much!!! :hug: I do think I am a little bored - but at the same time, I am VERY MUCH a creature of habit - so I enjoy doing things that are the same. Strange, I know. I think, now that I can get outside and run - or walk - it will be VERY helpful to my whole outlook on my life and my health... For the first time in many months - I am excited and feeling like I am making progress in the right direction. This is a very good thing.

That is also something very valid and something I've given a lot of thought to... I am overdue (by a few weeks) for a physical... When I go in to have that done (after all this dental work is finished) - I plan to ask for a full blood panel... It is possible that something else is going on, so I appreciate the suggestion. :lovestruc

I've been working very hard... but I also think that my portions have been way off. I go through spurts where I log and journal everything I eat... but I am very relaxed about portion size still. I've been super committed to watching my portions this week, and I am feeling really good about it, I am hoping that I will start to see results again. I've also committed to weighing myself weekly for the time being - I normally don't weigh for months at a time, because I am a solid believer in the lies of the scale... but for the time being - I think I need it as a tool.

Kicking a diet soda addiction is HUGE!!!! WTG!!! I gave mine up ~um~ 3 years ago (WOW - I didn't realize it had been that long for me!) I am much the same... I only drink water and coffee (mine has agave and real half n' half though - can't do black - I've tried, it's my ONE main thing I allow myself to continue - as clean as possible though).

Thanks for stopping by and thank you for speaking up... It means a lot to me to have so many people cheering me on. As much as you come here for inspiration - I find inspiration in hearing from all of you! I hope you'll continue to check in occasionally and let me know how you are doing. :lovestruc

My suggestion is to log your food. I know its a chore, but I find it helps me stay on track. Also, you may think your portions are correct, but do you weigh them? I find that what I think is a good portion is way too large. My kitchen scale gets a good workout now.
Running will help in the long run. I know that you didn't see much difference last summer, but honestly, keep it up, and sooner or later you will see a difference.

Awww... Tess... I hate logging food. LOL I did log yesterday - because I was curious... My portions were right on track for this week- so I am fairly certain that even though I've been eating really healthy all these months - I've been way off on my portion sizes for a very long time. So, I am eating the same stuff - just less of it... Combining that with my running this week and I really feel like I am headed in the right direction again. We'll see... I've decided to use the scale as a tool for a little while - hopefully I am on the right track again.

No, I didn't see much difference with running last summer... but I think my big issue with that (again) was that I was eating too much... I really thought I was burning more with my running than what I actually was... So, I am hoping to see a bit of a difference this year.

Thanks for the wise words... :lovestruc And for always cheering me on! :hug: Miss you!

*********************************************************************************************************

Yesterday was just another really awesome day for me! It feels amazing to have so many awesome days in a row! :woohoo:

Again - I didn't procrastinate (much) on doing my heavy lifting. I started a new program, which has a new-ish app... Strong Lifts 5x5... The app is free - but as I found out yesterday, many of the features I wanted to use were part of a $10 add on package. Sigh. Debating on whether I want to purchase it or not... I'll see if it's a program I want to continue first - and if so, I'll likely purchase the add-on. It was a great lift though and so far, I am happy with the excitement of a new program.

I've also been working very hard on *really* watching my portions... Not necessarily logging everything, but being very careful to weigh and measure. I am feeling like this is a big key for me... I've gotten very lazy about portion control over the last several months/year - just because I eat a LOT of veggies... I kind of got to the mind set that veggies are good for a person - and lots of veggies couldn't be bad. But what it comes down to - still - calories in, calories out. So... I've really been conscious about this and working hard at making sure my portions are correct. We'll see how it goes.

I was able to get upstairs to work early... And I was able to finish my custom order applique. :woohoo: But - I then discovered that I am totally out of black zippers! How does that happen? So, I am kind of at a stand sill until those get here. I will do as much assembly as I can do with out those today... Then I will do the same with my Halloween bag (as BOTH bags need black zippers)... Then I will start on something else... As you all know - I hate to be behind on my schedule. ::yes::

I quit working a little early and I went out for a run... I only ran a tiny bit further yesterday than I did on Tuesday... I am being very cautious about adding distance this year, and trying to go a bit easier on myself with that. I had a good run though - even if it was a bit colder out than I would prefer (40° & cloudy when I left) - I still enjoyed it and it feels GREAT to be back outside again! :woohoo:

2016-03-10_12.55.46_1.jpg

When I got back, I had a really yummy lunch... I think this might be my new favorite "go-to"... I chopped up a boneless skinless chicken thigh (I prefer thighs over breasts) and fried it up in coconut oil... then I added 1 cup of chopped up Normandy Blend veggies + onion and sauteed that in the pan (I added a bit of ghee here, because the coconut oil spray had pretty much dried up)... Put it all on a plate, then added 2 TBSP of freshly grated Parmesan on top. It was super delicious. And because I felt like I was lacking protein yesterday (I was), I also had a Greek yogurt on the side. This meal was super quick to prepare, and I can see it becoming a staple in my lunch rotation. I used to do something like this - but I steamed the veggies instead... I don't like the taste of steamed veggies as much as I like the taste of sauteed... You still get the same nutrition from the veggies... And I still add the same amount of fat either way.

I picked the girls up from school yesterday and we went to Target... I was able to get some GREAT deals on work out clothes. I found a pair of running capris + 3 running tanks all 70% off... As a Target team member - I get an additional 20% off of all C9 + my TM discount of 10% and my Red debit card discount of 5%... Plus Target has a coupon this week for $5 off of a $35 clothing/shoes/accessories purchase - so I threw in a few 70% off items for the girls to hit $35... This is my total purchase yesterday... 2 pairs of running capris, 3 running tank tops, 1 regular tank top, 3 bags of cough drops, make-up remover wipes & a big bottle of apple juice... My total was $28! Pretty awesome! I may have to hit another Target today - just to see if they have any other 70% off running gear... I was taking inventory of my running gear yesterday morning - and I am definitely short on tank tops - since I strip down to those until about 50° - it's nice to have lots of them. ::yes::

I made dinner last night - the family had corn dogs with mac n' cheese, it was what they requested... And I had the same thing for dinner as I had for lunch - but I added a chopped up sweet potato into the veggie mix.

I went upstairs at 7 last night - I was tired. I do find, with adding running back into my routine - I am much more tired.

Today... The plan is to work out as soon as the girls get on the bus. I am not sure what i am doing today... I know I need to do an extra ab work out - as I have been lacking in that area over the last couple of weeks.

I will work upstairs for a few hours - getting as much done as I can with out black zippers.

Then I will head to town to pick up V... She has an appointment this afternoon.

I'll probably hit Aldi on the way home, so I can stock up on some groceries.

Not sure what's for dinner tonight? I'll figure it out.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!! :lovestruc

D~

Last edited:
Oh how I love Aldis. You can get some really good deals on the staples. My kids love aldis version of fruit loops. They call it fruit crack. I usually get milk, eggs, veggies, cereal, bread, and I love love picking up a bouquet of their $3.99 flowers. Just for the house!
And wow! What a bargain haul you got at target! !!! Now I get an adrenaline rush when I do those! Love getting good buys! I keep wanting to join shop kick. .. or I bott a as i hear so much about making money off of those..... do you use those apps?
Until next time!:love:

Great deal on the workout clothes at Target! I'm a bargain shopper -- love, love, love a great deal....and I already know I'll be buying Disney gift cards with my Target Red Card for my August trip...gotta save anyway I can!

The meal you made for lunch yesterday sounds fabulous. What is "Normandy Blend" vegetables? I am always looking for new ways to fix quick, healthy meals and this one sounds really great -- light, filling, and healthy.

I forgot to mention -- there is a Michael's about a mile and a half from my house and I drive by it every single day on my way home from work, and on Saturdays since it's across the street from Costco and Super Target. I would be more than happy to check to see if they have the "R" there and pick it up for you. I need to go there tomorrow anyway to pick up some Easter décor items to send to my daughter in college. (I always send her a little care package for each holiday with a couple of small décor items for her apartment). Really, I mean it -- I go by there every single day and I would be very happy to pick up the "R" for you if they have it.

I am really excited about my trip in August. I talked to both girls about it last night to make sure they were ok with me going without them. I knew Brie (younger daughter) would be -- she's a lifeguard during the summer and it will be very difficult for her to get a week off in August, particularly since she's already taking a week off at the end of June/beginning of July so we can go visit my husband's family in Utah. And Alyssa (daughter in college) will only be home for 7-8 weeks total this summer and so she really can't afford to take a week off work (her retail job hires her back every summer). I would love to take them -- especially Alyssa, because she truly loves Disney and the parks the way I do -- but I think this time it will just be me...I've started thinking about things that I've wanted to do in the parks but never done for one reason or another (usually because it didn't match up to what my family wanted to do at the moment) -- the trails at AK, seeing more of the street performers in all of the parks, truly exploring every nook and cranny of World Showcase......and I'm really getting excited about it.

Thanks so much for the kind words and the encouragement. :hug:
:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc
I quit working a little early and I went out for a run... I only ran a tiny bit further yesterday than I did on Tuesday... I am being very cautious about adding distance this year, and trying to go a bit easier on myself with that. I had a good run though - even if it was a bit colder out than I would prefer (40° & cloudy when I left) - I still enjoyed it and it feels GREAT to be back outside again! :woohoo:
Glad you had a good run!:goodvibes
When I got back, I had a really yummy lunch... I think this might be my new favorite "go-to"... I chopped up a boneless skinless chicken thigh (I prefer thighs over breasts) and fried it up in coconut oil... then I added 1 cup of chopped up Normandy Blend veggies + onion and sauteed that in the pan (I added a bit of ghee here, because the coconut oil spray had pretty much dried up)... Put it all on a plate, then added 2 TBSP of freshly grated Parmesan on top. It was super delicious. And because I felt like I was lacking protein yesterday (I was), I also had a Greek yogurt on the side. This meal was super quick to prepare, and I can see it becoming a staple in my lunch rotation. I used to do something like this - but I steamed the veggies instead... I don't like the taste of steamed veggies as much as I like the taste of sauteed... You still get the same nutrition from the veggies... And I still add the same amount of fat either way.
Yum! That lunch does sound really good! I will have to try that sometime - maybe as a dinner! It is great when meals are so easy to make and taste great too!:goodvibes
I picked the girls up from school yesterday and we went to Target... I was able to get some GREAT deals on work out clothes. I found a pair of running capris + 3 running tanks all 70% off... As a Target team member - I get an additional 20% off of all C9 + my TM discount of 10% and my Red debit card discount of 5%... Plus Target has a coupon this week for $5 off of a $35 clothing/shoes/accessories purchase - so I threw in a few 70% off items for the girls to hit $35... This is my total purchase yesterday... 2 pairs of running capris, 3 running tank tops, 1 regular tank top, 3 bags of cough drops, make-up remover wipes & a big bottle of apple juice... My total was $28! Pretty awesome! I may have to hit another Target today - just to see if they have any other 70% off running gear... I was taking inventory of my running gear yesterday morning - and I am definitely short on tank tops - since I strip down to those until about 50° - it's nice to have lots of them. ::yes::
WOW! That is fantastic! What great savings on the running gear!:goodvibes
I'll probably hit Aldi on the way home, so I can stock up on some groceries.
Aldi is a great place. Good princes, good products.:thumbsup2

WOW, this PTR moves fast! LOL! Your lunch sounds wonderful; much better than my lunches of yogurt with granola and fruit. I must ask - what are Normandy blend veggies? Never heard of them.

Good job on your bargain finds yesterday. I'm a bargain shopper and am thrilled when I get a good deal. You did an awesome job! :thumbsup2

Oh how I love Aldis. You can get some really good deals on the staples. My kids love aldis version of fruit loops. They call it fruit crack. I usually get milk, eggs, veggies, cereal, bread, and I love love picking up a bouquet of their $3.99 flowers. Just for the house!
And wow! What a bargain haul you got at target! !!! Now I get an adrenaline rush when I do those! Love getting good buys! I keep wanting to join shop kick. .. or I bott a as i hear so much about making money off of those..... do you use those apps?
Until next time!:love:

I know - I love Aldis too - it's a great place. I discovered it last summer - and I haven't turned back since. It's a bit inconvenient for me to get to - so I don't get to shop there as often as I'd like. I usually go strictly for the fruits/veggies/frozen boneless skinless chicken thighs and of course - V's favorite blueberry muffins. I'll have to keep my eyes open for the flowers. I typically don't get dairy products there - I've looked at a few of their random items ingredient lists - and the few I chose to look at (items I typically buy elsewhere) list carrageenan, which I choose not to eat if I can help it... After that, I've never checked anything else there and sail right past those fridge doors. ::yes:: There are so many awesome things there though - especially in the summer when fruits and veggies get so cheap! I love it! :woohoo:

I know - I have to run back to Target today, I forgot to get half n' half yesterday... I think I am going to make the drive to Super Target to see if they have any good deals there, before that coupon expires. ::yes:: I haven't joined any of those reward apps... I tried them once when they first started coming out - but I always found that I have so much going on while I am in the store - just shopping and finding coupons... It was difficult and annoying for me to keep up with those apps too... So I ditched them pretty soon after. Anyone who can do all of it at once is my hero. LOL The only app I really use a lot is Cartwheel by Target... The additional savings is awesome and many times there are some amazing deals on there! ::yes::

Great deal on the workout clothes at Target! I'm a bargain shopper -- love, love, love a great deal....and I already know I'll be buying Disney gift cards with my Target Red Card for my August trip...gotta save anyway I can!

The meal you made for lunch yesterday sounds fabulous. What is "Normandy Blend" vegetables? I am always looking for new ways to fix quick, healthy meals and this one sounds really great -- light, filling, and healthy.

I forgot to mention -- there is a Michael's about a mile and a half from my house and I drive by it every single day on my way home from work, and on Saturdays since it's across the street from Costco and Super Target. I would be more than happy to check to see if they have the "R" there and pick it up for you. I need to go there tomorrow anyway to pick up some Easter décor items to send to my daughter in college. (I always send her a little care package for each holiday with a couple of small décor items for her apartment). Really, I mean it -- I go by there every single day and I would be very happy to pick up the "R" for you if they have it.

I am really excited about my trip in August. I talked to both girls about it last night to make sure they were ok with me going without them. I knew Brie (younger daughter) would be -- she's a lifeguard during the summer and it will be very difficult for her to get a week off in August, particularly since she's already taking a week off at the end of June/beginning of July so we can go visit my husband's family in Utah. And Alyssa (daughter in college) will only be home for 7-8 weeks total this summer and so she really can't afford to take a week off work (her retail job hires her back every summer). I would love to take them -- especially Alyssa, because she truly loves Disney and the parks the way I do -- but I think this time it will just be me...I've started thinking about things that I've wanted to do in the parks but never done for one reason or another (usually because it didn't match up to what my family wanted to do at the moment) -- the trails at AK, seeing more of the street performers in all of the parks, truly exploring every nook and cranny of World Showcase......and I'm really getting excited about it.

Yup... I pay for my trips the same way... It's a little different now that I am staying at SoG... Really the only thing I need Disney GCs for is our food/souvenirs while in the parks or on property. It was hard to figure out - on this last trip - exactly how much cash I should bring vs. Disney GCs... I was almost right on - which is good. It makes planning for V's trip much easier. ::yes:: The savings I get by staying at SoG far outweighs anything I can get at Disney and by using Disney GCs - so I am OK with that. :lovestruc

The Normandy blend veggies are just a type of veggie mix.... It's cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, zucchini (both red and yellow) and I think that's it? There may be one more veggies in there? It's by Birdseye, I purchase GIANT bags at Walmart for $5.98. I purchase a lot of these $5.98 veggies in the huge bags... They have broccoli flowers (not the stalks) and also a mix of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots... Then - sometimes, I purchase the big bags of stir fry veggies and just throw away the stir fry mix packets and use the veggies... I don't do this very often, because there are far less veggies in there for the same price... but sometimes there are veggies in there that I want to add to my diet, so it works well. The only thing I don't like about these bags of veggies, is that the veggies are huge... I usually have to defrost them a bit and chop them smaller. :thumbsup2 I am huge into frozen veggies - as they are an easy way to get good nutrition, especially this time of year when fresh is so expensive. ::yes::

I replied to your PM about the R last night - not sure if you saw it? :lovestruc

I am so glad your girls are OK with you going to Disney with out them. It makes is to much easier to plan and not feel so badly about it. I feel your pain though - even though my girls were OK with me going with Suzi and Bradey - it was still a bit sad to be there with out them... but not nearly as bad as I imagined it would be. :thumbsup2 You will have so much fun and create fun new memories for yourself too. Have you ever been there in August? It is HOT! The only thing good about it - is that a person needs to pack so few clothes, because you know you will be wearing as little as possible any given day. ::yes::

Glad you had a good run!:
Yum! That lunch does sound really good! I will have to try that sometime - maybe as a dinner! It is great when meals are so easy to make and taste great too!

WOW! That is fantastic! What great savings on the running gear!

Aldi is a great place. Good princes, good products.

Yes - I am too... I think I may try to go out for a run today... A walk for sure. It's supposed to be 67° here today - and I am going to enjoy it for sure. :lovestruc

I love it... I ate it again for both meals yesterday... I am such a creature of habit - it's quite sad, I am sure that most people couldn't eat the same thing day after day like I do - but if I like something, I will eat it all the time, especially if it's quick and easy to prepare. :thumbsup2

I know - I was so excited. I think I am going to hit a super Target today, since I forgot my half n' half yesterday - just to see if they have any good deals before that coupon expires. :thumbsup2

I know - -I love Aldi's! I try to shop there whenever I can! I love Costco too - I share a membership there with Myrthe's mom, but it's literally an hour drive in any direction to get to one, so I don't get there as often as I'd like... It's just easier to go to Aldi. ::yes::

WOW, this PTR moves fast! LOL! Your lunch sounds wonderful; much better than my lunches of yogurt with granola and fruit. I must ask - what are Normandy blend veggies? Never heard of them.

Good job on your bargain finds yesterday. I'm a bargain shopper and am thrilled when I get a good deal. You did an awesome job!

Yes - it does sometimes... It would move slower (probably) if I didn't reply every morning... but I find that if I don't reply every day - I fall behind. So, it's just easiest for me to keep up with myself that way. :thumbsup2

Copied from my reply above, so I don't have to write it out twice. ;) The Normandy blend veggies are just a type of veggie mix.... It's cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, zucchini (both red and yellow) and I think that's it? There may be one more veggies in there? It's by Birdseye, I purchase GIANT bags at Walmart for $5.98. I purchase a lot of these $5.98 veggies in the huge bags... They have broccoli flowers (not the stalks) and also a mix of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots... Then - sometimes, I purchase the big bags of stir fry veggies and just throw away the stir fry mix packets and use the veggies... I don't do this very often, because there are far less veggies in there for the same price... but sometimes there are veggies in there that I want to add to my diet, so it works well. The only thing I don't like about these bags of veggies, is that the veggies are huge... I usually have to defrost them a bit and chop them smaller. :thumbsup2 I am huge into frozen veggies - as they are an easy way to get good nutrition, especially this time of year when fresh is so expensive. ::yes::

I agree - I love finding great deals - especially on items I use all the time... Running tanks are included in that. LOL I am really hoping to find more when I hit Super Target today. :lovestruc

*****************************************************************************************************

Sooooo.... Yesterday....

I worked out right away - as usual.

Then I had breakfast...

I went upstairs to work - I did as much as I possibly could without my black zippers (which shipped yesterday)... Both my custom order and my Halloween bag are nearly complete... I am guessing about 1.5 hours left on both of them. I like to think I am efficient - when I get to spot where I have an issue, I always work on everything I absolutely can do - so I don't fall too far behind.

Then I got ready to head to town... A few things here... I tried on my purple long sleeved T - and it fits perfectly. :woohoo: So, I don't think it will need any alterations to the body portion... I just need to decide what to do with the sleeves. :scratchin

I had also planned to wear my white capris yesterday... Yah - that was a no-go. :(

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7523445429.jpg

At the moment, they don't fit. I am so disappointed in myself for this. I've come up with a theory though... Aside from my gains/losses over my Nov trip, Christmas and my January trip... I was running right up until Thanksgiving... and once I stopped running for the winter - I didn't adjust my eating accordingly... So I kept eating those calories I wasn't earning = size gain. Duh.... Grrr.... I've been back to my previous intake of an average of 1600 calories per day, vs my running calorie intake for almost a week now... So, hopefully I will be back in those capris soon. I can get them on - but there is NO way I'd leave the house in them right now. I feel like that was the extra kick in the rear I needed yesterday. Talking about this here, really helps to keep me accountable... So I appreciate that you all put up with it. :lovestruc

So, what have I done in the last week to put me back on track? Well, as I said above - I am back to my average of 1600 calories per day... Some days more, some days less. I do throw an occasional Intential Fast in there, but never on my heavy lifting days... Intentional Fasting is typically an 8 hour eating "window" and 16 off - but still eating the same 1600 calories in that open window that I'd eat on a normal day... Usually it's done where a person "skips" breakfast - that's how I do it anyways. It's very popular among people who are grain free... There are many studies out there proving it's fat burning benefits... I usually only do it once per week - sometimes twice, but not more than that. I've also switched up my heavy lifting routine... I am now working on Strong Lifts 5x5, vs New Rules of Lifting for Women... Both the same basic program with a few differences, but I am hoping the app for Strong Lifts keeps me a little more accountable. :thumbsup2 Finally - I've added running back into my routine... At this time of year - I don't expect it to be a full-on add, as we will likely get more snow and cold... but I am still going to try for 3x per week... For now, I plan to keep it under 10 miles per week, with no intention of adding mileage... When I added more miles last year - I also added calorie intake... This time, I need to use that deficit to burn size - so I won't be adding more mileage until I lose what I've gained. ::yes:: I also want to mention - for the most part - this entire time, while I was gaining - I was eating mostly whole foods... Remember - I even did 2 weeks of a Whole30 in there... So, what I ate wasn't horrible - but the amounts I was eating were all wrong. Hopefully now, I am back on track. I'll keep you all updated. :thumbsup2

Anyways... Sorry for that detour. :lovestruc

I went to town... Grabbed some groceries at Target... Picked up V from school and took her to her appt...

Stopped at Michael's and purchased my Geu ts - LOL - and hoping an "R" can be found elsewhere. ::yes::

20160311_153257.jpg

Then V and I stopped at Aldi's to finish off most of our grocery shopping...

We came home and vegged all night. It was nice. I was tired and in bed with my tablet by 7:30... Yup - I am a full of fun on Friday nights. ::yes:: LOL

Today... Well, it's supposed to be a high of 67° - and I am going to enjoy it!

In no particular order, I hope to run... Lay out in the sun... go to Super Target... And work on a side project upstairs... The side project may have to wait until tomorrow though - because it's supposed to be rainy tomorrow.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!! Pixie Dust to all of you!!! :lovestruc

D~

Last edited:
I have a Michaels nearby too, if you need me to go look for your R. You can send me a text if you want me to go look.

Its funny how you would think that running would burn a lot more calories than it does, so I think you have your explanation right there. Don't up your calorie intake just yet. Keep on running and see if you notice a difference in the next month before you make any changes to your diet.

I have to run today, but its still kind of chilly here, especially after the 80 degree days we had this past week. My daffodils have started to bloom already!

I am going to run to Target today to see if I can snag any of those 70% off running capris. I have one pair and will definitely need more. Guess I'll go do that now. Have a great weekend.

Also, can you pm me your dates in October? I might try to see if I can make a quick trip then!

Stopped at Michael's and purchased my Geu ts - LOL - and hoping an "R" can be found elsewhere. ::yes::

20160311_153257.jpg
These look great!:goodvibes I love that the "G" is a size bigger then the other letters! Also I love the color, and the way the letters look! I hope you can find the "R" soon!
In no particular order, I hope to run... Lay out in the sun... go to Super Target... And work on a side project upstairs... The side project may have to wait until tomorrow though - because it's supposed to be rainy tomorrow.
Ooh that sounds like a nice day! It's important to take advantage of this nice weather while it lasts lol! :thumbsup2

Also, good luck with all of the changes to your workouts and calorie intake. I bet you will be comfortable in those white capris in no time!:thumbsup2

I just sent you a PM -- mission success! :-)

I was in bed at 8:30 last night....but I started reading and got caught up in that and before I realized it, it was almost 11 pm and I was absolutely exhausted. Fortunately I didn't have to get up early this morning, but still....if I don't sleep well/get enough hours of sleep at night I really pay for it -- my body responds in a very physical way to lack of sleep. So I need to be careful -- one or two days is ok, but too much more than that and I end up really sick.

Thanks for the info on the Normandy Blend vegetables. Those are all my favorite vegetables so I need to look for that. I try to do all fresh veggies as much as possible but that's not always possible -- depending on what's in season, what the prices are (I refuse to pay $4.99/pound for asparagus!), and what's available at the store (I do a lot of my grocery shopping at our Super Target and their produce section is good but not as good as the regular supermarkets that I also shop at). I'll have to look for the frozen Normandy Blend vegetables. I do love the broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot blend -- we use that one a lot.

I have a Michaels nearby too, if you need me to go look for your R. You can send me a text if you want me to go look.

Its funny how you would think that running would burn a lot more calories than it does, so I think you have your explanation right there. Don't up your calorie intake just yet. Keep on running and see if you notice a difference in the next month before you make any changes to your diet.

I have to run today, but its still kind of chilly here, especially after the 80 degree days we had this past week. My daffodils have started to bloom already!

I am going to run to Target today to see if I can snag any of those 70% off running capris. I have one pair and will definitely need more. Guess I'll go do that now. Have a great weekend.

Also, can you pm me your dates in October? I might try to see if I can make a quick trip then!

Thanks so much for the offer Tess, I had someone offer already and they were able to get it for me. :lovestruc Trust me - if they couldn't have found it, I would have been asking everyone to look. LOL Thanks for the offer though.

Yah - running doesn't burn nearly as many calories as I thought it would or did. Nope - no upping my intake for a while - at least a month. I am fairly certain that this was my culprit... Sigh.

Did you find any? I went to the Super Target and there was nothing there at all... I was pretty bummed, but I am glad I was able to get what I did.

I sent you a text with my dates, but I didn't get a response... Did you receive it? I sent it to the same # I used to text you in WDW. :scratchin

These look great! I love that the "G" is a size bigger then the other letters! Also I love the color, and the way the letters look! I hope you can find the "R" soon!

Ooh that sounds like a nice day! It's important to take advantage of this nice weather while it lasts lol!

Also, good luck with all of the changes to your workouts and calorie intake. I bet you will be comfortable in those white capris in no time!

Thanks - I am certain that my next mantel change over will be to a 4th of July theme... I am confident that I can keep that theme all summer long, easily. I am pretty excited about it, actually - it will be kind of fun. :woohoo: I try really hard to have a few basic pieces that I can use for several themes throughout the year... Like my battery operated candles - I have 2 sets, one red and one white - they are kind of expensive, but I can use those two colors for almost any season. Then I have my set of apothecary jars - which I tend to fill with candy of the right color - although, then I eat it, so I may have to rethink that one this time around. :scratchin Then I also have a 5x7 frame, which I purchase subway art for my embroidery machine... So, I just find something to stitch out and frame it... That's been a really fun way to use my embroidery machine (which I rarely use) to decorate. And now I have the tin letters - which I can use anywhere too. I really want to get a new family picture done this spring though - the canvas we have up is a few years old and we've all changed so much. It would be nice to have something more summer-like. :lovestruc Hmmmm.... Maybe that will be my mission this spring, before Allison leaves for Europe. ::yes::

Yes - yesterday was just an incredible day! We couldn't have asked for a better day - weather wise. It was so nice just to enjoy the sun! :lovestruc I hope you had decent weather too?

Thank you... I think I just needed a HUGE wake-up call... Which I got. I am kicking this into high gear and gonna kick some rear - mostly my own. ::yes::

I hope you're having a nice weekend. :)

I just sent you a PM -- mission success!

I was in bed at 8:30 last night....but I started reading and got caught up in that and before I realized it, it was almost 11 pm and I was absolutely exhausted. Fortunately I didn't have to get up early this morning, but still....if I don't sleep well/get enough hours of sleep at night I really pay for it -- my body responds in a very physical way to lack of sleep. So I need to be careful -- one or two days is ok, but too much more than that and I end up really sick.

Thanks for the info on the Normandy Blend vegetables. Those are all my favorite vegetables so I need to look for that. I try to do all fresh veggies as much as possible but that's not always possible -- depending on what's in season, what the prices are (I refuse to pay $4.99/pound for asparagus!), and what's available at the store (I do a lot of my grocery shopping at our Super Target and their produce section is good but not as good as the regular supermarkets that I also shop at). I'll have to look for the frozen Normandy Blend vegetables. I do love the broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot blend -- we use that one a lot.

Awesome!!! Thank you so much!!! I am very excited to have our name to put on the mantel - or where ever else I decide to put it. ::yes:: I'll get pictures when I get it all decorated. I think I am trying for a 4th of July theme next... I've been working on assembling different themes over the last year +. So far, I have Christmas, Thanksgiving/fall, Valentines... Next I am hoping for 4th of July - because I think I can get away with using that for most of the summer? :scratchin But with all of my basic pieces now - it's been so easy just to buy a few random items, like coordinating ribbon and just a couple pieces of correctly themed decor items - and I can change over the seasons quite easily. I am excited to show you all - so thank you for your help locating the R. :lovestruc

Oh no!!! I hate to say - I am not one who can stay awake while reading - so that would never happen to me. But I do love to read and once I get going on a book - I can never put it down. I sure hope you were able to get a decent night's sleep last night. :lovestruc

I hope you are able to find the Normandy blend - it is my favorite too - and a huge bag, which is nice. ::yes:: If I am not eating it for every meal - like I have been - it usually lasts me a good couple of weeks... But now - I think I'll need to get to town soon and restock - I am going through these veggies much faster at the moment. (Photo below - lol)...

I hope you had a nice weekend - did you have good weather too?

******************************************************************************************

Yesterday was soooo nice! :lovestruc I just love spring!

Hmmm... trying to remember what I did though... Oh yes - as usual, I did my coffee/FB/Dis... I love my hour + every morning, just catching up on the world and my friends. :lovestruc

Then I got up and got dressed for a run... It was a good run and the weather was perfect for it - sunny and a bit chilly to start, but by the time I hit my turn around - I was taking off my jacket. ::yes:: My Garmin wasn't registering correctly for the first half mile - it had me paced at a 28 min mile! :eek: Which couldn't have been right. I am not sure if it was doing that because my battery was low? But it kind of wrecked my pace from the start. If I were to guess - I'd say I was doing a high 15 min mile... I can't really do much less than than - seeing as I walk just as fast as I run. :scratchin

2016-03-12_12.14.11_1.jpg

Then, I came home and had breakfast.

I decided to get ready and head to town to grab my half n' half at Super Target. I was kind of disappointed when I got there, as there were NO running clothes in my size at all. Oh well - my wallet thanked me. ::yes:: So, it was a quick trip to town and back.

I had lunch when I came home... My new staple of chicken and veggies, sauteed with grated parmesan on top... I took a photo for your enjoyment. I love all of the color on my plate. For the record - this is a luncheon sized plate, not a dinner plate. ::yes::

20160312_130018.jpg

I stayed busy with stuff around the house for most of the afternoon, but I did take an hour to lay out on the deck - yes, it was that nice out. I even managed to get a little bit of sun on my pasty self. It felt soooo good! :woohoo:

Later in the evening - Josh and I took the car in to town for Allison to drive home after work. While we were there - we had dinner at Chipotle. Chipotle isn't his favorite place to eat at, but he ate there to humor me... After telling him yesterday morning, I was wearing a pair of shorts that were so loose on me last summer - I was planning to donate them... And now they fit me snugly. ::yes:: I am a woman on a mission!

I had a great eating day again yesterday... Exactly with in my calories and macros... And not eating back anything I'd earned from running. It was a very successful day. I have not decided how often to weigh myself during this time. As you all know - I hate journaling and I hate weighing... But for the time being - they must both be done. So, I haven't decided if I am going to weigh weekly, bi-weekly or monthly? :scratchin I hate to weigh weekly and see no progress... I think I am going to do bi-weekly? It seems like a good middle ground. :thumbsup2

Shortly after we got home, we both went to bed. All that fresh air and sunshine was so wonderful yesterday - but we were tired.

It's supposed to be a bit rainy today - so I think I will be taking the day off from exercise, and getting some work done upstairs. ::yes::

I hope you all have an amazing day! Prayers and Pixie Dust to all! :lovestruc

D~

Thanks - I am certain that my next mantel change over will be to a 4th of July theme... I am confident that I can keep that theme all summer long, easily. I am pretty excited about it, actually - it will be kind of fun. :woohoo:
This sounds so pretty! Excited to see it once you have it set up!
Yes - yesterday was just an incredible day! We couldn't have asked for a better day - weather wise. It was so nice just to enjoy the sun! :lovestruc I hope you had decent weather too?
Yes! The weather has been great here too! I actually went back to school tonight, since my Spring Break is over but the weather still seems nice even though I'm more up north.
I had lunch when I came home... My new staple of chicken and veggies, sauteed with grated parmesan on top... I took a photo for your enjoyment. I love all of the color on my plate. For the record - this is a luncheon sized plate, not a dinner plate. ::yes::

20160312_130018.jpg
Looks delicious! I have to try this one day!

I had a great eating day again yesterday... Exactly with in my calories and macros... And not eating back anything I'd earned from running. It was a very successful day.
It is rather disappointing that running doesn't burn more calories.

We had wonderful weather Saturday but today was a total rain out. We need the rain, though.

This sounds so pretty! Excited to see it once you have it set up!

Yes! The weather has been great here too! I actually went back to school tonight, since my Spring Break is over but the weather still seems nice even though I'm more up north.

Looks delicious! I have to try this one day!

Me too - LOL... Hopefully I can find a few more things at a reasonable price for it.

Awesome! Bummer that spring break is over already, but I am glad that you had good weather for it. :lovestruc Best of luck with your final push at school!

It is pretty good... I hope you do try it. ::yes::

It is rather disappointing that running doesn't burn more calories.

We had wonderful weather Saturday but today was a total rain out. We need the rain, though.

I know - I totally agree. It was a very disappointing discovery. ::yes::

We did see that on the radar - Josh specifically mentioned that Chicago area was getting a lot of rain... I just use days like that for working and napping. LOL

I hope you had a nice weekend.

*******************************************************************************************************

I don't have much to update today.

I didn't work out yesterday - I figure I need at least one day off per week... And I really don't even consider my Saturday run this week as a work out - because I enjoy it so much.

Josh and I went to town in the morning - I had a few more grocery items to grab, and he needed a hair cut.

We came home, and I laid down to take a nap - I hadn't slept well the night before. But when Allison left for work - she slammed the front door and woke me up. Sigh. It was a wonderful 19 minute nap... With potential. LOL Oh well.

So, I got up and decided to work in my sewing room for a while.... I managed to get this done for the mantel... I love subway art - and I love being able to use my embroidery machine to make an item or two for the mantel... However - this design was a pain to do, since each color & word or group of colored words is a different thread change... So, even though I only used 3 different colors of thread - I had to change them out 23 times. :scratchin But I like how it turned out - so that's cool. :thumbsup2

Grrrr... And Photobucket uploaded this upside-down.... and won't rotate it for me... So, I guess you guys get to look at it the wrong direction... But you get the idea. :D

20160313_161144.jpg

I made stuffed green peppers for dinner last night... I thought V was going to be home for dinner - but she wasn't. So, it was just Josh and I again. I made his with rice, and I made mine with cauliflower rice... Mine was very good.

I went to bed early - but it took me forever to fall asleep - I was still up when Allison came home from work.... And now I am super tired!

This weekend, my eating couldn't have been more on point. I am quite proud of myself for that. I am coming to realize just how much/often I'd been over eating over the last few months... It just kind of creeps up on a person. I am feeling fantastic about my last week and looking forward to getting back to where I was over the course of the next few weeks - or sadly -months... Depending on my body. I am starting to be much less frustrated with my body though - because I have realized that it was my own mis-calculation (at least over this winter) and not my body revolting on me. ::yes:: So, here's to progress - again.

Today - I will work out just as soon as the girls get on the bus.

It's a Target day for me... I'll be getting there long after the truck is unloaded - so no unloading for me today.

I hope you all have a wonderful day - prayers and good thoughts go out to all! :lovestruc

D~

I went to bed early - but it took me forever to fall asleep - I was still up when Allison came home from work.... And now I am super tired!
The time change tends to mess me up. I wish they would just leave the time alone.

Depending on my body. I am starting to be much less frustrated with my body though - because I have realized that it was my own mis-calculation (at least over this winter) and not my body revolting on me. ::yes:: So, here's to progress - again.
I like to think of the body as a bank account. Eating is like making a deposit. Whatever you don't spend is saved, forever, until it is spent.

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better about your diet. :) You work hard and deserve to have good results. :)

Last edited:
You are so creative and crafty! I love that! It will look great in your home.

Congratulations on being on point with your eating -- that's great. Now that you have realized the miscalculation, I think you'll start seeing more progress again.

I've decided I want to get a bit more creative with my wardrobe for my August trip to Disney. I used to wear a white shirt (I am obsessed with white shirts and have too many of them....) and khaki shorts, but a couple of trips ago I added some Disney t-shirts to that rotation. On our last trip I wore Disney t-shirts and knit, knee length A-line skirts because it was so hot and humid and the skirts are more comfortable to me than shorts in that weather. I've got black and navy (and some prints but won't bring those), so I figure both of those colors are good starting points. Now to figure out what themes I want to go with and how far I want to go with them..... :-) I'll only have three park days and one non-park day so I may not go all out, but I'd like to go farther than I have to this point. :-)

I was hoping we would have good weather this weekend but no such luck....it rained most of yesterday and is supposed to rain most of the week, with temperatures going between mid 50s and mid 60s, with one day in the low 70s. Last week we were really teased with high 70s and a couple of days hitting 80 degrees....I am *so* ready for summer!

Have a great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter