~~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip - or two - or three...~~ D~'s bag ~9/22 ~~

Have a good visit with your family. Mine come in June for Austin's graduation. Can't wait for them to come visit.

Sounds like you had a nice day shopping with BFF yesterday!

Glad the flight went ok BMTL. Like I said yesterday - I hope you all have a wonderful time!

It was a good day - I haven't seen her much until this week - so it's been great to see her!

Yes - their flight was good. Yesterday was a bit rough for the kids, with the time change. But they did great!

Yay! They are here. Have a blast. Funny about the payback with the girls. Chelsea is not a good passenger.

So excited to have them here!

LOL - Yes - my girls sometimes crack me up. ::yes::

Have a good visit with your family. Mine come in June for Austin's graduation. Can't wait for them to come visit.

Thanks - we are so excited to have them here! Enjoy your time with your family as well. :lovestruc

****************************************************************************************************

We had a marvelous day yesterday! Words cannot express how wonderful it is to have them all here and to see them! Thomas had a bit of a rough morning yesterday with the time change, but after lunch and a nap - he seemed to be back to his normal self. Such a sweet, sweet boy and so good to his little sister. Thomas speaks both Dutch and English - so we don't always know what he is saying, but both kids are just so HAPPY. Thomas doesn't remember us much - which we didn't expect... but after a short time - he loved the girls and I... And wow... Just tears all around. Lara is such a cuddler - and at a great age, no fear of us, and smiles all of the time... We were all in our glory.

Aside from my girls - these babiess have stolen their way right into my heart... I love them so much!

I have no idea what our plans are for today? There's been a few things mentioned. We may try to brave the MOA? They may come down to our house to spend some time? It really depends on them... Whatever the littles are up for is fine with us. We are all about accommodating them while they are here.

I never thought I would get the joy of being an Auntie in my lifetime... It seemed that Josh's brothers were never going to marry/have kids and my brother never will... I have cousins - whose kids are my nieces and nephews, they are very very special to me - don't get me wrong, but this is different... So, this just over flows my heart like you would never believe. :lovestruc

I hope you all have an amazing Valentines Day! :lovestruc And again - I am up early - I may get another TR update done? :scratchin

D~

Last edited:
I never thought I would get the joy of being an Auntie in my lifetime... It seemed that Josh's brothers were never going to marry/have kids and my brother never will... I have cousins - whose kids are my nieces and nephews, they are very very special to me - don't get me wrong, but this is different... So, this just over flows my heart like you would never believe.
The kids are adorable. I just love babies and they are little for such a short time. It is nice that you get to have them visit you. :)

Following along on your PTR D - Happy Valentine's Day to a wonderful Dis friend. The babes are adorable; you are getting beautiful squishy time with them; enjoy every minute!

The babies are so beautiful. They look so happy! Hope you had a fantastic Valentine Day D with all of your loved ones!:lovestruc

Those babies are SOOOO adorable! I am so happy you get this opportunity to be with them.

Have a very happy Valentine's Day.

The kids are adorable. I just love babies and they are little for such a short time. It is nice that you get to have them visit you. :)

Thanks!!! I am a bit partial to these little ones - it's just so wonderful to have them all here!

Following along on your PTR D - Happy Valentine's Day to a wonderful Dis friend. The babes are adorable; you are getting beautiful squishy time with them; enjoy every minute!

Thanks Carol!!! Same to you - I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's day!

Hehehe... It's amazing having them here to spend time with us! We are enjoying every moment! :lovestruc

The babies are so beautiful. They look so happy! Hope you had a fantastic Valentine Day D with all of your loved ones!:lovestruc

Thanks! They are very happy children - I don't ever remember my girls being that happy as little ones? LOL :scratchin We did have a nice Valentine's Day - I hope you had the same?

Sorry! This turned out to be a duplicate!!! My bad!:o

Hehehe... No worries.

Those babies are SOOOO adorable! I am so happy you get this opportunity to be with them.

Have a very happy Valentine's Day.

Thanks! We are a little partial to these babies... I am so happy that they were able to make this trip - so we could meet little Lara... Both of the kids are just so precious and sweet! You can tell that they have a good life at home and are well loved. :lovestruc

Thank you - same to you!

********************************************************************************************************

Yesterday was a bit busy...

I had to take Allison into urgent care... She has a large cyst on her back that showed up out of nowhere and doesn't seem to want to go away. Poor kid... It seems to be one thing after another with her these days. The Dr. put her on antibiotics yesterday to see if that will take care of it - because it's infected now... If not - we have an appointment on Wednesday where she may have to have it surgically removed. He also took a quick peek at her finger nail - and his educated opinion is that it "may or may not grow back"... Um ~ ok. LOL So - I will keep you updated on Allison.

Our Whole 30 hasn't been the greatest over the last 2 days... We are trying hard - but as I suspected, once BMTL came, we would be eating out a lot - which we are. We are both making the best choices that we can make under the circumstances - but we are definitely not 100%, as we should be. For me , this means a "restart" every day - which is fine... It's better to keep restarting and trying, than it is to give up. Right? :) So, I am just doing the best I can - and I will go hard again as much as I can while they are here, and continue on once they leave. ::yes::

Victoria has been getting in some good driving practice. It was snowing last night - pretty good - when we got home from BMTL's... So, I made her drive me to town to get gas and grab some groceries... While we were there, it really started coming down and the drive home was much worse than the drive in. This was a good experience for her - as she got to see how quickly our weather and road conditions can change - and she was also able to drive on snow covered/drifted roads in the dark. She did great!

We spent most of the afternoon with BMTL... Little Thomas is not feeling well at all... Between his jet lag plus we think he is fighting something - he is just not himself. Hopefully he is feeling better soon. We are happy to just spend time with them all however they are comfortable. Today - they plan to come here for a few hours... If Thomas is feeling better - we will all go sledding.... If not... We will just hang out here and relax. It will be a nice low-key day I think.

Sadly - I am not feeling well either., I came down with it last night - and it came on rather quickly.. I am not sure if I came down with what Thomas has? Or if I have something else completely? It's nothing terrible yet - just a chest cold... But I will be keeping my distance from everyone - as I don't want any of them getting sick while they are here.

My week will be very out of the ordinary - as I will be working any time I can squeeze in some time... And I will be spending as much time with BMTL as I can - or that they will allow. LOL It will be a little crazy trying to stay caught up on my orders - but I will make it work somehow. ::yes::

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day yesterday! :lovestruc Prayers and good thoughts go out to all of you! :grouphug:

D~

Thanks! They are very happy children - I don't ever remember my girls being that happy as little ones? LOL :scratchin We did have a nice Valentine's Day - I hope you had the same?
Yes I did! I saw the new movie Dead Pool with some friends. It was very funny. Maybe your girls have heard of it? - It is a Marvel movie based on the comics. We also got Panera Bread for lunch - which is always a nice treat!
I had to take Allison into urgent care... She has a large cyst on her back that showed up out of nowhere and doesn't seem to want to go away. Poor kid... It seems to be one thing after another with her these days. The Dr. put her on antibiotics yesterday to see if that will take care of it - because it's infected now... If not - we have an appointment on Wednesday where she may have to have it surgically removed. He also took a quick peek at her finger nail - and his educated opinion is that it "may or may not grow back"... Um ~ ok. LOL So - I will keep you updated on Allison.
Poor Allison. I feel so bad for her with all that she has gone through in such a short amount of time. I hope she feels better soon...

Hoping you feel better and the cold you have doesn't get worse. Enjoy your low key day with BMTL!

Oh poor Allison! She HAS had such a hard way to go lately! :-(

Love seeing all the family photos on FB and here. Looks like you are having a wonderful time. Try to RELAX and enjoy the moments!

I'm working my way around the DIS today trying to get caught up. I really missed reading your daily updates but I knew it would take a long time to catch up! Now I need to go and see to your TR.

Hope all is well with you and your family! Enjoy the time with BMTL!

Awww, you guys just can't catch a break. All the sickies just need to go away!!

Isn't being an auntie the best??? There are still days where I yearn for children of my own but I love my nieces and nephews so much that it makes me tear up every time I think about them (they all live about 4 hours away from me).

Hope you all are feeling better today!

Poor Allison. It seems like she just can't get a break. The babies are so cute and have grew so much. Hopefully you and Thomas feel better soon.
I learned to drive in the winter and I think it's one of the best times to learn. It requires a lot more skill to drive in the winter.
Have a good day
Liz

I feel so bad for Allison-she is having such a rough go of it! I cannot imagine catching up on all of that missing schoolwork. But, glad to see Victoria is doing so well driving. I didn't get any snow experience when I was learning to drive and I got my license a couple months after my 16th birthday-so in October. This winter has been my first experience with driving in inclement weather and it has been rough! Looking forward to hearing about more of your time with BMTL and hoping Allison feels better!

Poor Allison!!!! I hope both you and Thomas feel much better soon. We've got bronchitis at our house....not fun.

Thanks - I know - poor kid... It's gotta let up sometime soon for her.

Thanks... Thomas was a bit better yesterday... Unfortunately - I am not much better. It's nothing I can't push through - as I don't have time to be sick right now... but life would be so much easier if I wasn't. LOL

Oh no!!! I hope you are all doing better soon... I have some sort of lung things going as well - not fun at all.

Yes I did! I saw the new movie Dead Pool with some friends. It was very funny. Maybe your girls have heard of it? - It is a Marvel movie based on the comics. We also got Panera Bread for lunch - which is always a nice treat!

Poor Allison. I feel so bad for her with all that she has gone through in such a short amount of time. I hope she feels better soon...

Hoping you feel better and the cold you have doesn't get worse. Enjoy your low key day with BMTL!

V really wants to see that movie - she just loves the Marvel movies - most of them anyways. :lovestruc

Panera Bread is good - we don't eat there very often... We used to have one in town, but it closed a few years ago - so it's not as convenient to eat there now.

Thanks - not doing great, but nothing I can't push through... Today is one of the few days I can work upstairs - so I need to concentrate on getting the most done for my time.

We enjoyed our day with BMTL yesterday. :lovestruc

Oh poor Allison! She HAS had such a hard way to go lately!

Love seeing all the family photos on FB and here. Looks like you are having a wonderful time. Try to RELAX and enjoy the moments!

Yes - it's been a bit of a struggle for her lately - thankfully she shouldn't have to miss any school for this - it will just be uncomfortable for her.

Thanks - I love sharing them... It's been so fun to have them all here. It's going to be hard when they go home again - but I am trying not to think about that.

I'm working my way around the DIS today trying to get caught up. I really missed reading your daily updates but I knew it would take a long time to catch up! Now I need to go and see to your TR.

Hope all is well with you and your family! Enjoy the time with BMTL!

LOL - not missing out on much here. Just the same stuff - different day. ::yes:: I am glad to see you back though - I hope life is settling down for you.

We are doing OK. :lovestruc I hope you are well too?

Awww, you guys just can't catch a break. All the sickies just need to go away!!

Isn't being an auntie the best??? There are still days where I yearn for children of my own but I love my nieces and nephews so much that it makes me tear up every time I think about them (they all live about 4 hours away from me).

Hope you all are feeling better today!

I know - we are quite tired of it. Tis the season, I guess? :scratchin

I love being an Auntie!!!! It's so much fun!!!! And I love how the just hand her off to me, and she is totally content to be held by who ever has her - it was a good age for them to come over, as Lara doesn't have a fear of strangers yet. And Thomas is so much fun to play with... It will be so hard when they leave - but we are trying not to think about that right now. I know the feeling - it's hard having them so far away! :hug:

Sigh - Thank you - not feeling better, worse as of now. But nothing I can't push through. I really only have 2 days in my sewing room this week - so I need to make the most of them - no matter how I feel. ::yes:: So, I'll just power through. :thumbsup2

Poor Allison. It seems like she just can't get a break. The babies are so cute and have grew so much. Hopefully you and Thomas feel better soon.
I learned to drive in the winter and I think it's one of the best times to learn. It requires a lot more skill to drive in the winter.
Have a good day
Liz

Yes - she's had a rough go of it lately... Hopefully life will settle down for her soon.

They have grown so much! We are so excited to have them here and spend time with them. I am feeling worse today - but nothing I can't work through - at least at home, we'll see how I feel in the morning, whether I go in to Target or not? :scratchin

I agree - I am making V do the same thing i did with Alli... It snows and we are out there driving... These few weeks here will likely be the only winter driving instruction she will get before she is on her own - so we need to make the most of it.

I feel so bad for Allison-she is having such a rough go of it! I cannot imagine catching up on all of that missing schoolwork. But, glad to see Victoria is doing so well driving. I didn't get any snow experience when I was learning to drive and I got my license a couple months after my 16th birthday-so in October. This winter has been my first experience with driving in inclement weather and it has been rough! Looking forward to hearing about more of your time with BMTL and hoping Allison feels better!

Thanks - she is doing OK... She should be able to go to school, even though it might be a bit uncomfortable for her. Since it's her Senior year - she has a lot of easy elective classes - so she really only has 2 classes which have home work to keep up on - which has been very lucky for her. :lovestruc

V is doing great - no freeways yet, but that will be coming this summer... Right now it's just back roads and winter driving conditions... This afternoon, she will get to drive in the city - so that will be fun for her. :scratchin

I am a firm believer that all kids who live in a state with snow/ice should have mandatory winter driving experience - I didn't have much either - and I'll never for get the first snow I drove in - put my car right in the ditch... I learned my lesson very quickly and i was much more careful after that. ::yes::

Thank you! :hug:

***********************************************************************************************

We had a really nice day with BMTL yesterday... I feel badly that we are hogging all of their time - but there's no other family in the area at the moment (they are all on their way) - so we are taking advantage of their time while we can. ::yes:: They came over for lunch yesterday... Josh, Brian and V took Thomas out sledding at the park across the street... He enjoyed it. They also built Olaf... Which I don't have any pictures of - but he seemed to enjoy that even more. :lovestruc He is such a cute and well behaved little boy!

12745730_10207830164365272_7472402614983400080_n.jpg

After they left... I went to take a nap, but I couldn't sleep. Sigh.

I didn't cook dinner either - we just all scrounged for left overs when we were hungry.

And I went to bed early...

I am still not feeling well at all. But today is one of the only days I can work in my sewing room - so I need to push through and get as much done as I can.

Josh is meeting up with Brian and Thomas to spend the day together today - as just the "boys"... I am not sure what their plans are, but I am sure they will have fun! ::yes::

Not much else exciting going on right now. I hope you all have a wonderful day! :lovestruc

D~

The picture of Victoria with Thomas on the sled is adorable. You are lucky to have such a convenient sledding hill. We don't have anything close to our house in the flat Chicago area.

I hope you feel better soon. This is the wrong time to be sick. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter