~~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip - or two - or three...~~ D~'s bag ~9/22 ~~

Again - I have to be done early today, I am picking V up from school and she is taking her written drivers permit test... I am praying she passes, so that she can get some good winter driving skills yet this winter. :thumbsup2 So, some pixie dust here would be appreciated. :lovestruc

Pixie dust to V! :goodvibes

Good luck to V on her driving test today! It's snowing where we live so I won't be going anywhere today.

Pixie Dust for V!!!

Lots of luck to V today on her permit test!

Marissa got the news yesterday that her school's exchange program is nominating her for the study abroad at Waseda University in Tokyo next year. Quite the scramble to get all the documents in. She needs 2 medical exams, 5 passport photos, bank statements, official transcripts, and to formally apply to Waseda...all by the 23rd of February. Plus, it is midterms this week, so this has put her in total panic mode, but she is extremely excited too.

:woohoo: WOW!!!! THis is awesome and beyond exciting!!!! But :eek: That is a LOT of stuff to get ready in a short time frame - with everything else she has going on! I can understand her panic - but so exciting too!!! Sending lots of pixie dust her way!

Man, with schooling I just cannot keep up as I would like to on the Dis'boards! My GF diet is going well. I have learned that I can take SMALL cheats from time to time, and that suits me just fine. This past weekend was a disaster since my lovely husband decided to surprise us with a six pack of Cinnabon! Back on the wagon now, though. It is just so NICE to not be sick anymore!

I am so excited for V in going to art school. She has done some really incredible things with her RAW talent. Cannot imagine what will happen after getting instruction on this. I saw the photo of her bedroom mural on FB, and showed the girls. AMAZING.

WTG Allison on her Whole30!!! I hope this is lifechanging for her. Going GF sure was for me!

Brian and I went to see the Martian in the theater when it was out. Such a GREAT movie! Last weekend we saw Interstellar. That is another great one, see it if you haven't already!

No worries Connie - I totally understand... I can't imagine how you do it all? I can barely keep up here myself.... And I don't have a million things on my plate like you do.

I am glad your GF diet is going well - I hope it's brought you the relief you needed. There are so many people out there that need to be GF and they just don't know it - it's quite sad the things that are coming to light after all these years that can be attributed to grains and processing. I am so happy to hear though that you are able to cheat once in a while - we all need that! Thankfully Disney is one of the easiest places to go with a food allergy - they are so accommodating!

Thanks! I am so excited for her! I've known for a while now that this is what she wants to do - but to see her actually do it - is a different story - you never know, at this age, what they are going to follow through with and what they aren't. LOL :scratchin

Allison is still hanging in there - I am so proud of her! It's not an easy thing at any age! I cannot wait to see what kind of changes she sees at the end - or as far as she goes.

Yes - that was a great movie! I have not seen Interstellar though - I"ll keep that one in mind, thanks! :lovestruc

Passing on good luck to V with her driving test! I am sending major pixie dust her way!

You are right - we had NO ER visits this time! Finally we had a good Disney trip! I was very nervous given our history with Disney trips but except for some minor things along the way, it was smooth sailing!

This is awesome!!!! I am so happy for this! :woohoo: I wish you'd tell me a little about your trip if you aren't doing a TR. ::yes::

Pixie dust to V!

Did you meet Marie?

Sorry - I did not. We didn't even see her out. We must have been in the wrong place at the wrong time? For that matter - we didn't even see Mickey anywhere in any park this last trip - I was kind of bummed.

I just found that other group too. @Elevationist is a member too (Hi!!!!)
You can never be a part of too many groups, right? lol

Wait, what group am I in? I'm lost! (As usual!) :confused3 :laughing:

It's a FB group for October trip planners (I don't think I can post the group name in here).

OH!!! Yeah, I'm in that. Hahaha.

^^This made me laugh Billie^^...forgot to grab the quote...

Hahahaha... I go away for a day or two and I am hijacked... ::yes:: Kidding. Yah - there are 3 October FB groups... I am going to have to see which one I like the best and pick one - otherwise I'll get confused.

Elevationist... Welcome! :lovestruc Since we are talking about October - I will also be there at the same time - and love doing Dismeets. :scratchin We will have to compare dates to see if we overlap at all.

**************************************************************************************************

OK - well, V and I didn't make it to take her permit test on Tuesday... We are trying again this afternoon - hopefully we can make it work out? So, hopefully the pixie dust extends a few days? LOL

I've been crazy busy these last days - my apologies for not stopping by...

I worked a really long shift at Target yesterday - I "threw" my first truck! Now that was a workout! I had 10k steps in by 10am! :woohoo:

Afterwards - we had some logistial transportation issues... V rode the bus home... I picked up Allison from school - she dropped me off at BFF's house... Bff took me to my appointment and dropped me off... Allison took my car to work... And Josh picked me up from my appointment and we went out for dinner. Phew! It was a crazy couple of hours!

I've been doing great on my Whole30... Even with going out for dinner last night... I am still having to struggle to get into my favorite jeans - which is really driving me nuts - but part of it is these stupid long Minnie nails I still have on... I need to go in and get them trimmed - or something - they are getting so long now that it's hard for me to work or do anything I need to do - like pull up my pants. Sigh. But I do feel my jeans fitting me better as the days go on... I am DETERMINED to get into my size goal for this summer... I want to look good for Allison's graduation & all of the pictures I am certain to be in... And I want to look great for V's trip... I just want to look and feel good in general. For that matter - I have a bunch of J Crew chino shorts that I am dying to get into - I was into them last spring, but they were just a hair too tight for me to wear in public - I am certain that I could not get them on at this moment... I really want to wear them this year - so that is my goal! I am desperate to make it happen! ::yes::

OK - so today...

It's technically a heavy lifting day... I did not work out yesterday at all - but I did throw a truck... Soooo... Do I want to heavy lift today? Or do I want to do my 30DS? I can't decide? Either way - I'll be working out on Saturday because I missed yesterday - so I guess I should do 30DS today, so I am not doing 30DS 2 days in a row. :scratchin Yes - there is a method to my madness! ::yes::

I need to finish writing here, so I can figure out what I am sending Allison for lunch today... For that matter - also figure out what she is having for breakfast... It's never ending - it seems.

Then I will be working upstairs all day - I have a lot to get done today, because I have to take tomorrow off. I have errands I've been putting off for weeks now - up in the Cities - and I need to get them done before BMTL get here!

:woohoo: Btw... BMTL arrive on Friday!!!! :woohoo: We are BEYOND excited! Our lives will be CONSUMED with them while they are here... The last time we saw Thomas - he was 1.5... He is almost 3 now!!! And a new little sister to boot! Cannot wait!

10371424_10205064593603283_3406008949111500352_n.jpg

image5.jpg

So - life will be crazy!

Soooo... I am hoping to get a TR update done this morning - so I don't lose all of my readers entirely... I can't wait to share the rest of our Universal day with you all! :woohoo:

I hope you all have a marvelous day! Prayers and good thoughts go out to all of you!!! :lovestruc

D~

Sending some more pixie dust for V. I thought this week was going to be quiet, HA! I can't keep up. My "boss" is away and usually it's an easy week not so much. Thankfully I work from home a few days a week to catch on things at home. Today is one of those days. So excited for you that BMTL is arriving!!! Love having family home to visit. Enjoy your time with them.

OK - well, V and I didn't make it to take her permit test on Tuesday... We are trying again this afternoon - hopefully we can make it work out? So, hopefully the pixie dust extends a few days? LOL
Stil sending the pixie dust!:thumbsup2
:woohoo: Btw... BMTL arrive on Friday!!!! :woohoo: We are BEYOND excited! Our lives will be CONSUMED with them while they are here... The last time we saw Thomas - he was 1.5... He is almost 3 now!!! And a new little sister to boot! Cannot wait!
That is so exciting! Thomas is soo cute!!!:goodvibes

Sending some more pixie dust for V. I thought this week was going to be quiet, HA! I can't keep up. My "boss" is away and usually it's an easy week not so much. Thankfully I work from home a few days a week to catch on things at home. Today is one of those days. So excited for you that BMTL is arriving!!! Love having family home to visit. Enjoy your time with them.

She did great and passed! :woohoo:

I know the feeling - my next 2 weeks are going to be terrible... I will need to work some odd hours - any time I can. I hope your week goes well.

Me too!!! They are on their way! :woohoo:

Stil sending the pixie dust!:thumbsup2

That is so exciting! Thomas is soo cute!!!:goodvibes

Thank you! She did great!

I know - I cannot wait to see him again. He is my birthday buddy - he was born on my birthday. :lovestruc

View attachment 150962

Yay for family visits! I hope you guys have a wonderful time.

:lmao:

We are so excited!

*************************************************************************************************

Ok... So, first things first.... I had a great work out yesterday - I ended up doing Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred... This is a hard work out with a ton of plank work - but I always feel really good afterwards.

Then I worked all day...

I picked V up from school to take her to her permit test - she passed! :woohoo: So, I made her drive home. She was a bit nervous about that - but she did great!

2e36afbe-91b2-4e6b-a350-0e29fbceac58.jpg

Today - the girls and I are headed up to BFF's house early this morning - we all have errands to run up in Mpls... And I detest driving there, so BFF is driving. We also plan to hit Trader Joes and Super Target today too.

Perhaps the BIGGEST news of all... BMTL are ON THEIR WAY!!!! :woohoo: I am very nearly crying happy tears right now - we all miss them so much! Cannot wait to see Thomas again - who probably won't remember us at all - but that's oK... And I cannot wait to meet little Lara. It's going to be an exciting few weeks for us!

12715230_1052913328105543_5161325017913627040_n.jpg
[//center]

I will be doing my best to keep up everywhere... But while BMTL are here - they are our priority. All of our spare time will be spent with them, and any other spare time - I will have to work. So, I apologize in advance if my replies become scattered, but I will check in when I can! :lovestruc

I hope you all have an amazing Friday and a great weekend! :grouphug:

D~​

Congratulations to Victoria on passing her driving test the first time. :)

Getting 10K steps by 10am is very impressive. now tell me what a "truck" is.

I know that you will have a wonderful time with BTML. :cloud9:

Congrats to Victoria!! (It's weird writing my own name there:rotfl2:)

YAY for family time!! I hope you guys have a wonderful visit!!:jumping1:

CONGRATULATIONS to V on passing her test! Good for her.

I will be doing my best to keep up everywhere... But while BMTL are here - they are our priority. All of our spare time will be spent with them, and any other spare time - I will have to work. So, I apologize in advance if my replies become scattered, but I will check in when I can!

Absolutely BMTL are you first priority! It shouldn't be any other way! No need for apologizes - you deserve this time with them. Have a wonderful time!

Congratulations to Victoria on passing her driving test the first time. :)

Getting 10K steps by 10am is very impressive. now tell me what a "truck" is.

I know that you will have a wonderful time with BTML. :cloud9:

Thanks!!! This is just her written test - so now she has started her 50 hours of drive time on her permit... She is doing great so far!

LOL - sorry... It's just unloading the freight off of the truck at Target. So, nothing impressive - but a lot of physical activity. ::yes::

Thanks!!! We are so excited! I plan to wake the girls in a little while, so we can get moving. They are already up and going, due to the time change.

Congratulations to Victoria! Great job! Enjoy your time with BMTL!

Thank you!!! I am so excited for her!

We will - I am so excited to see them today!

Congrats to Victoria. Have a great tome with BMTL.
Liz

Thanks!!! And we will - I cannot wait to see the littles!

Congrats to V!

That is adorable!

Yay! Have a wonderful time with BMTL.

Thank you! And yes - I am sure we will... Just a few more hours!

WTG, V!!!! Have a wonderful time with your family this week, D!

Thank you!!!! We will - I am sure! And lots of pictures to come!

Congrats to Victoria!! (It's weird writing my own name there:rotfl2:)

YAY for family time!! I hope you guys have a wonderful visit!!:jumping1:

Hahahaha... I understand. However, no one ever has my name. :scratchin

We are so excited! It will be a fun and eventful weekend, for sure... Then we'll probably give them a break for a few days. Maybe? :scratchin LOL

YAY for V on passing!!!!:drive:

Enjoy your time with the family!!!

I was so proud of her! She is now on her way to her 50 hours of permitted driving before she can take her road exam.

Thank you - we will! :woohoo:

CONGRATULATIONS to V on passing her test! Good for her.

Absolutely BMTL are you first priority! It shouldn't be any other way! No need for apologizes - you deserve this time with them. Have a wonderful time!

Thanks!!!

We are so looking forward to our time with them! :lovestruc

**************************************************************************************************

I had no idea I'd be up quite this early this morning - I was planning to sleep in. Hahahaha... I should know better. :scratchin

Yesterday was a little crazy... As I told you all - we had to go up to Mpls to take care of some business... Which was no fun... Part of the time was walking in a very cold windchill... Then standing outside in a very cold windchill... Then waiting in a very long line inside... It wasn't any fun, and took almost 4 hours out of our day. Sigh. But we accomplished what we needed to do, and we were able to get on with our day.

When we were done - we were all starving... So we stopped at Chipotle for lunch.

Then BFF and I dropped the girls off at her house to hang out - because they were DONE with us. LOL

We drove back north to go to Trader Joes - I love that store - as I have said on many occasions - I wish they would put one closer to us - it would make my life so much easier. ::yes::

Then BFF and I hit Target to get the items I couldn't get at TJs.

At this time - BMTL were landing... My mind had been on them all day long, and I was just hoping that the kids were doing OK on such a long flight.

Victoria drove Allison and I home... I am still keeping her on the back roads for a while yet - thankfully - it's easy enough to do that from BFF's house. Allison and i were laughing though - when Allison had her permit - V wasn't always very nice to her... She was quite distracting any time she was in the car. Allison has been anxiously awaiting V to get her permit - so she can do "pay backs"... Allison was asking yesterday, on the way home, when she can start kicking the back of V's seat... LOL I told her that she had to wait until V had, at least, 10 hours of drive time... Maybe you had to be there for it to be funny? :scratchin But it was quite funny - and V didn't seem to see the humor in it at all. One day - she may learn to be nice to her older sister in certain circumstances?

Anyways... Allison dropped V and I at home with the groceries - then went back to town, as she had to babysit for one of her teachers last night.

V and I hung out at home and waited for Josh... He had met BMTL at the airport... So we were anxiously awaiting news about the littles and how they did on the flight - they did great! :woohoo:

I was in bed early last night - I couldn't even tell you what I turned the TV station on to watch to fall asleep. LOL

Today is an exciting day! :woohoo: I'll let the girls and Josh sleep for another hour or so, then I will get them up to get moving - as everyone at BMTL's house is up and going already due to the time change. ::yes:: Telling everyone here that we are so excited to see them, is a true understatement! But we cannot wait!

That's all we have going on today... But it's a big event! We probably won't spend the whole day with them - as the kids will be tired from traveling, and we don't want to wear out our welcome... :lovestruc

Anyways - since I am up early - I am hoping to knock out a TR update this morning too. :lovestruc

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! :grouphug:

D~

Sounds like you had a nice day shopping with BFF yesterday!

Glad the flight went ok BMTL. Like I said yesterday - I hope you all have a wonderful time! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter