• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The "Why I didn't speak to my sister for a week" trip report *** Now Complete :)

You still have your AP's right? It would be a crime to waste days on them. Grumpy needs to be back in the World for her birthday. Get going girl!!! Book that trip! :)

Unfortunately, no. My AP expired July 16th and I'm an idiot,instead of renewing it I bought 5 day tickets in August. Grumpy's AP will expire somewhere in October. I guess if a good AP rate comes up we can always buy a new one, but at this point we're looking at rack rate for post-Christmas week which is :scared1:
And the flights are already over €1000 each. Not good :(

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

There is no help for you!! :lmao: I knew it wouldn't be very long until you were planning the next one!!! And, YES, you must both spend Grumpy's 60th birthday in WDW. How could you possibly celebrate anywhere else?!!? :dance3:

I know, we HAVE to be there. At the Beach Club, and she wants to have dinner at Cali Grill or Fulton's for her birthday. I think I'll have to bring up the vacation thing at work very, very soon. Wanna come with us ?? OMG Grumpy would totally love a birthday party at WDW with a ton of DISers!

just sign me up for the TR, OK? I can't think of a happier place than Disney to celebrate a 60th birthday. We're going in October to celebrate my 50th (but it was in July)

Are you going to do a TR for this latest trip with Grumpy? PLEASE!

She's been saying for 2 years that this is where she wants to spend her birthday ! If I could afford concierge at the BC, I'd do it too. You only turn 60 once (well unless you're me and have already decided to start counting backwards once you hit 32).
Yup I will do a TR. It will be short though but I was going thru the pics yesterday :)

If you find that kind of medical help clue me in. We are going Oct. 18-27th, then back Nov. 12-17th, and I am wanting to plan the one AFTER those two, I need help as well!!

For the cost of a week at the Grand Florian, I can get you the help you need.;)

As for the WDW sickness....I'm right there with you. I've got it bad. It's all I think about and my days are not complete without planning and schemeing for some sort of Disney adventure.
:eek:
Waiting not so patiently for October..and then January :thumbsup2

Check out all the SICK PEOPLE !!!! What is the medical community doing ???

I second and third everyone here: You write so well and are so entertaining..maybe you should start a blog. You'd have a loyal following straight from the start.

Just adding my two cents to what everyone else has said: you are a fantastic writer! Think about it...it takes someone really talented to make a bunch of Disney nuts (myself included, of course;) ) to read about a horrible trip to the World. Have you ever read anything by David Sedaris? I think your writing style has some similarities to his -- and he's fantastic!

Never heard of David Sedaris. What did he write ? Is he cute ?? Single ??? Can he get me a green card and Florida resident rates at the Beach Club ??????

I've thought of writing a blog but my life's pretty boring. Unless you wanna hear everything about cash registers and stinky supermarket stalkers? Hey, that rhymes. Maybe I could be a poet.

Check out all the SICK PEOPLE !!!! What is the medical community doing ???

Sick people? :confused3 What sick people? :confused3

I think the ones who don't get obsessed like we do are the sick ones.

And, as for the medical community -- maybe, they should start prescribing trips to Disney instead of so many pills? Nah - it's already crowded down there.

I was just thinking... you better never tell your sister about the Dis boards! Can you imagine if she stumbled on this TR???:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Sorry to hear about your AP.. I'm sending some Pixie Dust so you find the right rates and prices to get back in January! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Wanna come with us ?? OMG Grumpy would totally love a birthday party at WDW with a ton of DISers!

She's been saying for 2 years that this is where she wants to spend her birthday !

Sign me up! I'll be there!! :banana: I'm less than two hours away so I can make that trip easily :) OMG How much fun would that party be?!? :drinking1 party::drinking1

I know how to get you over your Disney blues... write another trip report?:rolleyes1

Instead of going late December when its so expensive (& busy)..why not arrive on Grumps b-day (Jan. 3?) maybe the rates will be less & the airfare more affordable?:confused3

Or.... you could really surprise her and bring her in late January for a "late brithday" !! we're going back again the end of Jan into beginning of Feb.
Lets plan a bunch of us dis'ers go down.....(its also value season) and you could bring her into a restaurant and we can have a surprise party!:banana:

I can see it now....Home Depot across the country will be all out of lime green mickey heads. We can each wear one that says Happy 60th Birthday Grump!:yay:

Marina-I spent the weekend reading your trip reports and have the food one bookmarked to read later today!!! I loved your writing style, and my husband looked at me like I was nuts more than once, when I laughed out loud at my computer!!

Waiting for a TR for the August trip-I hope it was a pick me up after the catastrophe with sis and girlfriend....

Thanks for the weekend entertainment!
:thumbsup2 Jill

Thanks for the great report!!! Like everyone else, I can't wait to see your next one.

If there's anyway you can swing it, take the trip for Grumpy's birthday. Even if you need to stay in a value. You can have nice dinners, have nice park days, see all the beautiful decorations. It will be a once in a lifetime opportunity!!!

Keep us posted.

Hello from Texas! I've been lurking through your entire TR and, I've got to say, you are a very patient and understanding sister. My sister and I have always done Disney together; she even went with us, without her dh since he's not so much a fan, and we get along famously. Every once in awhile we get into it in a line for something, but our problem isn't either of us being lazy, it's both of us have to have the last word. So, needless to say, the jabs are endless. :rolleyes1 That said, if my sister ever acted the way yours did, well, let's just say, I do NOT have even a quarter of your patience and understanding. We probably would not be on speaking turns for years. :scared1: And, if I ever acted that way with MY sister - oh my gawd - she would probably most definitely murder me. She's a gogogo gal at Disney, that's for sure. I am too but, with my sister, it's serious business!

You had a great housekeeper. I'll have to remember to tip extra generously to see what kind of surprise my kids will find at the end of the day. They do such a good job.

Marivaid, Great story..well written. I especially like how you wrote in 'chapters' with cliffhanger endings.

My DH even read your trip resort...and he's NEVER read one before!

Thanks for sharing!

I know how to get you over your Disney blues... write another trip report?:rolleyes1

Instead of going late December when its so expensive (& busy)..why not arrive on Grumps b-day (Jan. 3?) maybe the rates will be less & the airfare more affordable?:confused3

This is what I was thinking, too. It's really crowded and expensive at the new year, so why not START the trip on Jan. 3? Then you could celebrate her bday every day for a week!

BTW, we stayed at the BCV in June and it was wonderful! Great location -- near Epcot and DHS and your buddy Wayne!

JULIE

I also put in the vote for Jan but make it after the 10th. We will be there then & my DD would love to take you on ToT. All you would have to do in return is teach her how to yell at her brother in French lol.

Please write another TR I went back & read all your other TR's while you were gone. You really do have a great writing style.

Congrats on the new job too.

I hope you win a trip back for the Year of a Million Dreams Promotion You deserve it (without the other 2 of course).

Just found your TR and read it in one sitting this weekend. OMG--talk about LOL. Mennan, fetal duck eggs, "Move!," the ECV, the P&P "party," that scarf, and on and on and on. My dd read it right along with me, and she thinks you are her new BFF because she loves Stitch (collects Stitch pins and has a bulletin board full of them) and would definitely take 4 busses to (not) buy Hannah Montana flip flops.

Another vote for January! My dh and I were married on Jan 4 in WDW specifically because it was much cheaper than Christmas week. We returned for our 10th anniversary and stayed through Christmas week, but ended up adding on a bunch of extra days the week after because it was so cheap and much less crowded.

Gotta go--your other TR's await!

Wow, can't believe I'm still getting new readers ! This is so cool :cool: Thank ya'll for reading & commenting ! :dance3:

Well, Jessi has found an apartment. They're supposed to close the deal tomorrow, and then she'll go back to Midde of Nowhere, and get ready to move back. I'm actually happy! Although I will never take her on vacation again (even if she pays LOL) it'll be nice to have her around more often. Of course I may be singing a different song in a couple months.:rolleyes1

I think I'm going to start a Pre-TR for our possible Christmas trip. It has to be Christmas, unfortunately. Grumpy's a teacher and has to take her vacation between Dec 22 and Jan 3. No choice :(
It's a long shot anyway. I can't figure out if they owe me vacation time at work or not. Gotta clear that up with my superior at some point, but seeing that I've only been back for a week, it's a bit early for that.

I'm always coming back from vacation wanting to tell my supervisor when the next one will be. ;) Fortunately I only work part time in a very flexible position and my boss usually indulges me. But still....waiting a day or two just seems like the right thing to do...

Now Jessi needs a job to pay for her new apartment. :thumbsup2 You are a much nicer sister than me for actually being happy she will be closer to you - I would still be ticked off. Loved yout tr and am looking forward to one for your most recent trip with just Grumpy. Have you started that yet? Good luck on the Christmas trip! We went to WDW twice in a year and now my DD and I have the bug but can't quite get DH on board. Though DD (almost 5) keeps bugging him and with no prompting from me either. Last night she tried to pin him down and asked specifically how many days until we go back to WDW. He gave a vague answer so she specified with her next question by saying "do we go back in 7 days or 8 days?" :rotfl:

Hi Marina - I started reading your trippie but then went away on our holidays, been at home with my sons during school holiday time and then last week had eye laser treatment so have had little time on the computer just lately. Just happened to come across your report again and have just caught up. I really hope your next holiday comes upto your expectations, you really do deserve it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter