The "Why I didn't speak to my sister for a week" trip report *** Now Complete :)

WOW, just read your whole Tr and i'm truly shocked. Hilarious as it was i really felt your pain.

Are you speaking to your Sister yet?

Wow... I just spent the last 2 hours reading and all I can say is OMG. But I can relate on some level. Albiet small level

We took my brother and DH's brother in 2001 and paid for their tickets and they somehow managed to stay in our room for free (after they were going to go camping in Jan and realized it was too cold) and my BIL took a hissy fit when we asked him to put in an extra $1 for the tip. You would have thought we asked him for a million dollars. And he moaned a complained most of the time how sick he was feeling:sick: , only later to tell my brother that was one of his best vacations :confused3

Some people just don't get it. How hard you worked to pay for this trip and all the planning involved.

I have never read a TR before but you definately have a talent at writing. I would have to say this is pobably the best written piece ever.

Thank you for the wonderful stories.

When I was in high school, we took my grandma to Vegas with us one spring break..... She made us miserable. Griped about everything the whole time, didnt want to do anything, and was just a big ole CRAB.

We got back, and all she could talk about was how it was the greatest vacation ever. :confused3 OKAY...:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I just wanted to tell you how much I loved your report. I would have cut them.. Really. With something very sharp.

Just read this because someone on the CB recommended it! What a great TR! You are a great writer--I don't often laugh out loud when reading things but you had me almost peeing in my pants several times. I too am of the "you have to laugh about it or you will kill them" idea! TR's can be great therapy.

One word of caution--keep this report and refer back to it. In the future it is very possible the memories will start to fade, and you may start to think "you know, maybe we should try going with sis again" DON'T DO IT!!! We went with friends a few years ago and while it was nothing like your trip, I swore I would NEVER go with them again. Just a few weeks ago they suggested "We really should go back to Disney together again" and I heard myself saying "Sure!" :headache: I never wrote a TR so some of the memories have faded and I really could use a written account to remind me no way in hell!

I love the use of flowers and butterflies and have learned some great French phrases! DD12 is 100% teen attitude and taking French for the first time next year. I think I will start using "Soupe a la grimace" on her when she gets "that face" -- and see how long it takes for her to learn enough to translate it!:rotfl:

Marina-
I laughed, I cried, I ignored my kids for 2 days reading this TR. ;)
My DS keeps coming in the computer room and asking if we are going to see Mickey today. The gall of some people- my dsis planned her wedding 3 weeks after I gave birth to my 3rd baby- and bragged to people how nice she was to me for waiting that long. I am looking forward to her having a baby so I can ask if she is ready for a 14 hr drive and a matron of honor dress! Keep up the TR's I will be reading them all! :banana: pixiedust: :wave:

This was great. I've spent several hours over the past few days reading. My DD is mad because she is missing out on her webkinz time. Although, after reading this, I'm a little nervous about going with my family in October. There will be 12 of us. DH, DD, DS, my mother, father, sister, Aunt, Uncle, 2 Cousins and one boyfriend and of course Me!

I sure hope you can make it back for the Christmas Holiday.

Marina,
I spent the past couple hours reading all 76 pages of your trip report, and I must say...I think you should become a writer, and sell this story to a great publishing company!! :laughing: Half the time, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Some of your comments were just plain HYSTERICALLY funny.
On a serious note ;) Just take comfort in knowing that there is a special spot in heaven for you, for all of your trials and tribulations from this trip. The whole time I was reading your report, I kept thinking of what my mom's responses would have been compared to grumpy's. She would've left us in WDW no questions asked, and never to be heard from again. hahahah. Next time you go to WDW, give me a call, and my family will be happy to show you a crazy, but proper trip!!:wizard:

That's what makes you so talented..could make cash registers and stalkers interesting. It's you skew on life that makes your writing so alluring. You hit a chord that we can all relate to.

Can't wait for the new TR.
-Rosie

I just had to come out of lurkdom and thank you for the most entertaining report I've ever read. You are a fabulous writer and a complete saint! I would have (at the least) seriously injured my sister or left her stranded by the roadside!:laughing: :laughing: Thanks for sharing this story with us.

I found your TR yesterday and I've been reading it fast and furiously ever since. It was totally entertaining and the perfect anecdote for what ails me. (DH has to have major surgery next week and I was sitting around moping since Friday.) It was like reading a great novel that you just can't put down and I thoroughly enjoyed reading every bit of it. Your last sentence (blocking her #) was the perfect ending and made me laugh out loud. Too, too funny!

I hope your trip with your mom recently was everything you dreamed of. You seem to love Disney enough to consider looking into the Disney timeshare. Have you ever thought about that?

Thanks again for a truly memorable trip report. The best!

Someone on the DL board referred me over here, so I had to check it out for myself! Wow. That's all I can say. You are a saint! I love your writing too. I read the whole thing this afternoon.

I also wanted to second that this is one of the best (or THE best) trip report I have ever read. Very good!!

Marina,
I spent the past couple hours reading all 76 pages of your trip report, and I must say...I think you should become a writer, and sell this story to a great publishing company!! :laughing: Half the time, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Some of your comments were just plain HYSTERICALLY funny.
On a serious note ;) Just take comfort in knowing that there is a special spot in heaven for you, for all of your trials and tribulations from this trip. The whole time I was reading your report, I kept thinking of what my mom's responses would have been compared to grumpy's. She would've left us in WDW no questions asked, and never to be heard from again. hahahah. Next time you go to WDW, give me a call, and my family will be happy to show you a crazy, but proper trip!!:wizard:

Just read this because someone on the CB recommended it! What a great TR! You are a great writer--I don't often laugh out loud when reading things but you had me almost peeing in my pants several times. I too am of the "you have to laugh about it or you will kill them" idea! TR's can be great therapy.

I have never read a TR before but you definately have a talent at writing. I would have to say this is pobably the best written piece ever.

Thank you for the wonderful stories.

:upsidedow HOLY MOLY !!!! You guys are really, really good for my ego.
(If you consider walking around with a chip on your shoulder "good" that is).
THANK YOU !!!!

auntsue, about the timeshare, I've thought about it but at this point it wouldn't work for us. We never know when our vacation will be so having to book 11 months or 7 months out would be impossible. Once Grumpy is retired and I can work out something at work to take my vacation at the same time every year, it'd definitely be worth looking into.

Interestingly, my mom was very generous with a (former) friend of mine and paid for her lodging on a trip to Ireland I invited her on. She was just as ungrateful as your sis and Alex seemed to be. Maybe it's something that happens when some people don't pay for things? :confused3 I don't know though...we sure aren't like that when we are taken to dinner etc.

Neither are we. If anything, we try harder to please. I guess it's different for some people... and those people can pay their own way from now on !

Wow... you are either insane or strong. Strongly insane?! LOL! :upsidedow

Definitely insane :)

One word of caution--keep this report and refer back to it. In the future it is very possible the memories will start to fade, and you may start to think "you know, maybe we should try going with sis again" DON'T DO IT!!! We went with friends a few years ago and while it was nothing like your trip, I swore I would NEVER go with them again. Just a few weeks ago they suggested "We really should go back to Disney together again" and I heard myself saying "Sure!" :headache: I never wrote a TR so some of the memories have faded and I really could use a written account to remind me no way in hell!

I love the use of flowers and butterflies and have learned some great French phrases! DD12 is 100% teen attitude and taking French for the first time next year. I think I will start using "Soupe a la grimace" on her when she gets "that face" -- and see how long it takes for her to learn enough to translate it!:rotfl:

Believe it or not, I almost did just that only a few days ago. We were talking about going to FL at the end of December and since Jessi will have moved by then, I actually said the words "maybe she could come with us". Grumpy brought me back to reality FAST though !!!!
:rotfl: about the French phrases :)

Marina-
I laughed, I cried, I ignored my kids for 2 days reading this TR. ;)
My DS keeps coming in the computer room and asking if we are going to see Mickey today. The gall of some people- my dsis planned her wedding 3 weeks after I gave birth to my 3rd baby- and bragged to people how nice she was to me for waiting that long. I am looking forward to her having a baby so I can ask if she is ready for a 14 hr drive and a matron of honor dress! Keep up the TR's I will be reading them all! :banana: pixiedust: :wave:

:rotfl2: :lmao:
What's with sisters ?? Did you tell her YOU were the nice ones for not popping your baby out between vows ?

When I was in high school, we took my grandma to Vegas with us one spring break..... She made us miserable. Griped about everything the whole time, didnt want to do anything, and was just a big ole CRAB.

We got back, and all she could talk about was how it was the greatest vacation ever. :confused3 OKAY...:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

It's insane. Jessi was shocked when I told her it was one of our worst vacations ever - she thought everything went great. Selective memory !!!

WOW, just read your whole Tr and i'm truly shocked. Hilarious as it was i really felt your pain.

Are you speaking to your Sister yet?

Yup. She's moving back around here and was at our house for a week. Couldn't get up and be ready on time here either, and it was as hard as ever to get her out of bed. She almost missed her train back. Oh and the smell is STILL an issue. :eek:

I have to say I found your TR the other day and I have been lmao the whole way through. I even started reading it to my dh and he thinks your ds could very well be his brother's wife LOL!! We are planning a trip for fil and mil for their 30th anniversary and it's their first time to go. We were going to invite my bil and sil to go as well-but she made me mad and I can only imagine what she would be like had we actually invited her. She's the type that if everything doesn't go 300% her way she is a flowering butterfly :rotfl:

Good for you. If she's a pain in the butt already, you don't want her to be in WDW with you and ruining the celebration for everyone else. Flowering butterflies are NOT ALLOWED in Disney!

This was great. I've spent several hours over the past few days reading. My DD is mad because she is missing out on her webkinz time. Although, after reading this, I'm a little nervous about going with my family in October. There will be 12 of us. DH, DD, DS, my mother, father, sister, Aunt, Uncle, 2 Cousins and one boyfriend and of course Me!

BLESS YOUR HEART. 12 of you ?? I guess it's good because at worse you can make "teams". October is a great time at WDW though, I'm sure you'll have a blast ! Are you guys doing the Halloween party?

Great TR. I have to agree with the others who say you are a saint. I couldn't have put up with that for more than a day at the most. I would have finally had to say "You have your tickets, you know where and when we are supposed to be at a certain place, meet us there or don't, but I'm not babysitting you anymore".

I was just getting ready to post my own trip report when I saw yours had been completed. I had been reading here and there since you started posting. Can't wait to here how the next trip went. When will you start posting? You may have mentioned it already but be sure to post a link on this report when you start. Maybe we all like to hear about how miseriable someone else is but this has been my favorite TR yet. You write with such humor.

Marina - Just finished your TR....have spent most of this Sunday reading it! I was :scared1: to discover that you are French!!!! You certainly don't write that way...you sound just like us Americans with our crazy words and abbreviations! Where did you learn such good English? Pardon my ignorance on this subject!

I will be contacting the Pope tomorrow and insisting that he immediately install you as a saint, St. Marina, keeper of all things Disney. I don't know HOW you did it! I woulda slain them with a dagger (bought at POTC of course) and buried their bodies at POP! :lmao:

My DH and I will be at WDW in November and I'll think of you when I'm at or near a spot that you wrote about.

My favorite saying "Too Much of a Good Thing Can Be Wonderful"!

Kim
:banana:

Marina,

I just wanted to tell you that your TR has inspired me to finally post the TR from my horrid trip to the World from May 2007 -- I currently only vented in an email to my best friend, but it seemed so theraupeutic to vent here too!

Marina, I just finished reading your trip report and I have to echo what everyone else is saying. It was fabulous, well, fabulously horrid, and while I'm glad your misery is over, I'm sorry the TR is over!

I hope moving back to civilization will finally get your sister in gear. She can't possibly be happy with her life.:rolleyes1

Can't wait to read about your stay at the Poly.:yay:

Glad to know you guys enjoyed this TR !!!! I've just started one for our last trip, it won't be as entertaining I'm sure, but hopefully it will make you laugh a little bit :)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1931441

Kim, I owe my English to my mom (English teacher), Jon Bon Jovi, my friends in the US and a LOT of American TV !!!!! :rotfl: Thanks for the compliment :)

I just read the entire trip report today between meetings at work. Sssh... don't tell anyone.

My trip is less than a month away now and I was looking for a couple "adults only" trips to give me some ideas in case my hours of research hadn't paid off yet. I did learn a few things, but did not expect to be so entertained! :rotfl2:
Quite the dynamic duo you had with you and Grumpy. I echo everyone's sentiments, you are patient beyond words. I'm glad you found some moments of fun and Disney magic. Sending Pixie Dust your way that you get to come back to WDW soon!

Anyone feels guilty eating bacon in front of Piglet ??? Whenever we're at CP, I wait for Piglet to come, THEN go get bacon. Alex had a plate full of it and I asked her to please finish up before Piglet got there. I think she thought I was nuts. Piglet appreciated though, I'm sure.

IMG_5217.jpg

The CM seats all four of us in the same row. I think, OMG, we're going to sink. Has she seen the size of our butts ???? We step into the boat, they all sit down, and I try to but one of my "cheeks" is overboard. The boat is moving and I'm slightly nervous so I just say what's going through my head....

QUOTE]

So funny :rotfl: I will definetely wait on the pork dish til after Piglet goes away.

I am still giggling about one of your cheeks being overboard....too funny!!!

Great trip report, thanks for doing this:woohoo:

Okay after reading this, laughing so hard I could cry at times, you really should be the first living person nominated for sainthood. I never thought about eating pork in front of piglet before.

But girl, you should have ditched them long before the party. :lmao: I'm taking DBF in Dec and he's never been before. I have plans, if he doesn't want to do them it's no skin off my back. (Yes, I'm taking a Jewish man to WDW during the Christmas season. Which is why if he doesn't want to do some things I want to, that's okay. We can meet up later. He'll want his work out, I want to hear the storytellers in Epcot.) This is my bday trip, not his. I know he's not into thrill rides. All the better for me, he can keep my stuff and I won't lose any stuff out of my pockets.:)

I just sat here for the last 2 hours reading your TR......I think someone was switched at birth....my sister and your sister sound like TWINS!!! Sadly, my sister is straight and therefore has children (1 of which I have custody of, she has 1 and is preggo with another:sad2: ).

I would NEVER take my sister on vacation (I think raising her child is more than enough LOL), so props to you!!!!

I'm now gonig to waste some more time (of my day playing hookie from work!) and read your other trip report.

You are a talented writer....really, you should write sitcoms! Hey, that might be your 'in' to the US.....write a sitcom and you might get your VISA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter