The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Thanks for your reply-however I don't drive.

Our transport to/ from airport is already organised.

Are taxis readily available at bonnet creek, or do we need to book in advance?
Any idea what the costs will be?

I don't know if you will have a mobile phone with data while you are staying at Bonnet Creek but Orlando has a service called Uber, which is a taxi service you can hire from an app on your phone. You can even enter your destination to get a fare quote before you call the car so you know exactly what the cost will be. We have used it with good success.

Will Bell services hold your luggage at checkout until we have to leave for MCO? We are not renting a car and won't be flying out until late afternoon. Just now realized I don't know what I will do with our bags, lol!
Of course they will hold your bags for you. Enjoy your trip!

We are staying at WBC for the first time in December...Will they allow us to check-in early if a room available? If room not available, can we still use the pools etc if we arrive early (probably around 1pm)?
Of course you can check in. A room may or may not be available that early, but you can use the pools and other facilities.

Thanks for your reply-however I don't drive.

Our transport to/ from airport is already organised.

Are taxis readily available at bonnet creek, or do we need to book in advance?
Any idea what the costs will be?
Bonnet Creek has a shuttle service and you have to reserve a spot in advance. I think it's now $8 per person RT, no discounts for kids or infants. Or $40 for a family of 5.

Taxis should be less than $20 to get anywhere. If you want to save a few bucks, just take a cab to the Caribbean Beach Resort next door and ride the Disney bus.

Great thread - spent the weekend reading through all 52 pages! Got some great info! Currently planning a second trip for later this year at WBC - it will be our first time staying off property. I searched through all of the recommended sources mentioned throughout the thread. I found 2 great offers via VIRBO (owners Rick and Megan) for $58/night (1 bedroom) and $80/night (2 bedroom). The reviews were all great and they've owned since 2007. The prices just seemed so much cheaper than other sites, although I have not heard back from Vacation Upgrades (Ken Price) or Vacation Strategy yet, that I was wondering if it was too good to be true.

1. Anyone ever booked via Rick and Megan on VIRBO?
2. Is it normal to see some really low end prices?
3. Recommendations for how to be safe/smart when booking via VIRBO (worried about being scammed and have no experience booking a time share via the owner)?
Thanks in advance!

Great thread - spent the weekend reading through all 52 pages! Got some great info! Currently planning a second trip for later this year at WBC - it will be our first time staying off property. I searched through all of the recommended sources mentioned throughout the thread. I found 2 great offers via VIRBO (owners Rick and Megan) for $58/night (1 bedroom) and $80/night (2 bedroom). The reviews were all great and they've owned since 2007. The prices just seemed so much cheaper than other sites, although I have not heard back from Vacation Upgrades (Ken Price) or Vacation Strategy yet, that I was wondering if it was too good to be true.

1. Anyone ever booked via Rick and Megan on VIRBO?
2. Is it normal to see some really low end prices?
3. Recommendations for how to be safe/smart when booking via VIRBO (worried about being scammed and have no experience booking a time share via the owner)?
Thanks in advance!

It sounds like that might actually be Vacation Strategy on VRBO. If you are more than 60 days out, VS usually gives the best rates. The rates drop everywhere once you hit the 60 day mark, but VS seems offer the lower rate ahead of time since they know it will drop. You'll know if it is VS for sure when they email you when you request a quote through VRBO.

The prices seem close to rates I've had in the past so you are probably good to go!

Thanks, that makes me feel more confident! I didn't want to fall into one of those "too good to be true" scenarios! I received an e-mail back about both listings and it came from homeaway.com. But I'm thinking that may just be an auto reply type of an e-mail generated by my inquiry. Does that sound right?

Thanks, that makes me feel more confident! I didn't want to fall into one of those "too good to be true" scenarios! I received an e-mail back about both listings and it came from homeaway.com. But I'm thinking that may just be an auto reply type of an e-mail generated by my inquiry. Does that sound right?

I believe Homeaway owns VRBO, so that makes sense. If I remember, I got one of those followed by an actual email from the owner (which was Vacation Strategy in my case as well).

For what it's worth, I've used VS 3 times. This last time I had to cancel the reservation and they refunded my deposit very quickly so I have no issues putting my trust in them.

We leave in 2 days. This will be our 4th stay at WBC. Can not wait. I can't seem to find how to override the AC unit in my notes, I know we have done this on past trips. Anyone remember how to do this by chance?

We leave in 2 days. This will be our 4th stay at WBC. Can not wait. I can't seem to find how to override the AC unit in my notes, I know we have done this on past trips. Anyone remember how to do this by chance?

To do this, you need to press and hold the F/C button on the left side of the thermostat. Once "6P" appears in the digital display, the unit is on override.

* * info found via Google #==> Wyndham Bonnet Creek how to override the ac thermostat * *

(6P is the *Digital* equivalent of *bP* ... bP = by Pass)

Last edited:
Always wanted to stay here, but it's always seemed like more of the kid/family hotel. Now that I have a son I guess I should give it a shot.

Always wanted to stay here, but it's always seemed like more of the kid/family hotel. Now that I have a son I guess I should give it a shot.

I've stayed alone with the wife twice. In our experience it is quieter and more relaxing than Disney hotels.

To do this, you need to press and hold the F/C button on the left side of the thermostat. Once "6P" appears in the digital display, the unit is on override.

* * info found via Google #==> Wyndham Bonnet Creek how to override the ac thermostat * *

(6P is the *Digital* equivalent of *bP* ... bP = by Pass)

Perfect. Thank you!

I've stayed alone with the wife twice. In our experience it is quieter and more relaxing than Disney hotels.

I stayed at WBC twice this year. After our April vacation dd25 asked if we could stay some place with less kids next time. I didn't notice any difference in the amount of kids myself WBC vs Disney resorts. :earsboy:

I have found less kids at the Swan/Dolphin, probably because it is a convention hotel. Great location and good deals can be had if you are A nurse/teacher/fire/police/gov't employee

Do they take a credit card and hold for incidentals at check in like a hotel or is it different, this is our first time in a condo. Thanks

For those that have stayed at WBC and visited Disney, how feasible is it to return to the condos for a mid day break and then head back to the parks for the evening? Or is it more of a hassle..... Kids are 3 & 5. Thanks!

We just came back from a trip in July. We went back to WBCR everyday after lunch to swim and relax before returning to the parks at night. It was very easy with the exception of magic kingdom because you actually have to go to the transportation and ticket center first before you can leave. Frankly, I thought driving was much faster than taking the disney buses. I have a lot of experience with disney transportation and can happily say it was easier with a car. Have fun on your trip!

Can anyone confirm if they were able to plug in a device to any of the TVs at bonnet creek? Last year we tried, so kids could watch netflix, but couldn't get the input to change on the TV. I know this seems like a stupid question, but would love to have that option on our down days. Last year we tried with apple tv, thought I'd just bring chromecast this year, if I knew how to do it.

Thanks

Can anyone confirm if they were able to plug in a device to any of the TVs at bonnet creek? Last year we tried, so kids could watch netflix, but couldn't get the input to change on the TV. I know this seems like a stupid question, but would love to have that option on our down days. Last year we tried with apple tv, thought I'd just bring chromecast this year, if I knew how to do it.

Thanks

We tried to connect our Apple TV, but had no luck getting the wifi to truly connect to the Apple TV.

When you connect your phone, tablet or laptop to the wifi, it brings you to the "I agree" page.

The Apple TV doesn't give you a way to get to the "I agree", so even though it said it was connected, it would never really connect.

Thanks
You can plug things into the TV, but the real issue is streaming video with limited bandwidth. Unlike your home, at most hotels you are sharing the bandwidth with lots of people. As more and more people bring all kinds of Internet devices, the system slows to a crawl. I wouldn't be surprised if WBC has some sort of blocks on streaming video in an attempt to keep Internet speeds reasonable for regular browsing.

The last few hotels and timeshares we've stayed in, all of them had what I would consider slow internet. No doubt all these places are struggling to keep up with the demands of people streaming and having lots of devices.

Bonnet Creek does have a TV in each room and a DVD player in the living room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter