The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Something I noticed recently...

WBC gets a fair amount of negative reviews because of bugs (cockroaches specifically). Two things are true: Florida has bugs everywhere; and online reviews can be unreliable. But still, it seems to be more of a problem in reviews compared to nearby properties.

Does anyone feel this "reputation" is legitimate at all?

I am looking at an exchange with RCI. They list two different 1 bedroom options. One is sleeps 4 with privacy of 2 (4/2) and the other is sleeps 4 with privacy of 4 (4/4). The RCI site doesn't show a floor plan. Does anyone know the difference? Appreciate the help/information.

I just looked on the Wyndham website and the Deluxe room either has 4/2 or 4/4 and it says beds vary. Although the only floor plan for deluxe shows a king bed in the bedroom and a pull out sofa in the living room. The Presidential 1br says it has a king bed in the bedroom and a pull out sofa in the living room but says that it is 4/4. I would assume either way there will be a pull out sofa involved.

I remember reading about this here in the past, but I believe the difference is whether there is a separate entry to the bathroom from the hall/living space or whether you must go through the master (only) bedroom to access the bath. Try this link: https://www.clubwyndham.com/cw/resorts/wyndham-bonnet-creek-resort.page then click on "suites" and it will show you sample floor plans. I haven't stayed in a presidential unit, but the 1 bedroom deluxe unit I stayed in last spring was identical to the floor plan pictured. The 4/4 you are looking at may be the presidential unit (or at least set up like one) which would be my preference if traveling with more than 2 people.

First post! yippee! we arrive next week. Anyone been recently that has the recent shuttle bus schedule??

Also any recommendations were to rent a stroller and crib from? Does the resort have any cribs available?

We usually rented a stroller from Magic Strollers or Orlando stroller rental. I think we even used Kingdom strollers once. Never had a problem with any of the places.

Have a good time. We will be in Orland next week also but chose to rent a house this time.

Thanks bigrednole

Chicagoshannon thanks. I booked a double stroller from kingdom stroller.

Also any recommendations were to rent a stroller and crib from? Does the resort have any cribs available?

The resort has free pack 'n' play style cribs. Just request at check-in and it will be delivered to your room. It's the same type of crib found at all the Disney resorts.

I have flights already booked for March 22-29 and am booked to stay at LBV Village Resort and Spa for a great deal. However in reading this thread it appears that great deals can be had at WBC by contacting private renters. I have done this with a few via eBay, as we will be there Wed - Wed. is it worthwhile to investigate Vacation Strategy, Ken Price, etc. if I need this specific Wed-Wed check in, or do they only offer more standard week type options?

Can never hurt to ask. You are in Prime season so availability may be limited. First listing on VRBO is $1,000 for a 2BR for those dates.

Can never hurt to ask. You are in Prime season so availability may be limited. First listing on VRBO is $1,000 for a 2BR for those dates.
Thank you. I did look into VRBO already as I have had much success in the past with that site, however those calendars aren't actually up to date. Looks like those spots are open, but in contacting the owner, they unfortunately are not.

Booked!!!:sunny::cool1::cheer2::beach:

I just paid our deposit for our late August trip. I didn't want to wait any longer in case it filled up. We are really looking forward to staying here again. We have stayed onsite at least 10 times, and stayed at Sheraton Vistana in a 2bdrm in 2014, and WBC in a 2 bedroom last May. I let everyone vote for where they would like to be for this trip (including Beach Club and AKL) and Dh, dd19 and ds12 all voted for Bonnet Creek. With the savings, we are going to stay onsite at Universal for 3 nights after our week at Bonnet Creek. We all loved WBC that much and we loved having so much more space compared to one hotel room.

It now feels official and I'm so excited!!:goodvibes

Last edited:
Something I noticed recently...

WBC gets a fair amount of negative reviews because of bugs (cockroaches specifically). Two things are true: Florida has bugs everywhere; and online reviews can be unreliable. But still, it seems to be more of a problem in reviews compared to nearby properties.

Does anyone feel this "reputation" is legitimate at all?

We've stayed a handful of times at WBC and I've never seen a roach there.

We've stayed a handful of times at WBC and I've never seen a roach there.
I appreciate your reply- thank you.

I am really looking forward to staying there in April! I just started to get a little unnerved by a high number of reviews on general travel sites that mentioned it as a problem. It's almost as if other resorts were making a targeted effort to bring WBC down a few pegs with fake reviews?

Everything on the Dis is so positive. I'm definitely more confident about reviews on here vs elsewhere.

Hi -- newbie here. I have read a ton and believe I had a good feel for everything. One thing I didn't see was information about cancellations - assuming I am going through a reputable site mentioned earlier on these threads - private owner types - what is typical policy?

Secondly, we love our A/C. I read something about having to over ride the system to make it work? We are going in late May.

Thanks!

I appreciate your reply- thank you.

I am really looking forward to staying there in April! I just started to get a little unnerved by a high number of reviews on general travel sites that mentioned it as a problem. It's almost as if other resorts were making a targeted effort to bring WBC down a few pegs with fake reviews?

Everything on the Dis is so positive. I'm definitely more confident about reviews on here vs elsewhere.
We've only stayed once, but it was for ten days last May, and we didn't see a single bug in the unit :).

We've never really seen any bugs either. Well we've seen a few spiders and a tiny frog even made it up to our 7th floor balcony last September but no cockroaches.

I have really enjoyed reading through this thread! I can't wait to make our second WDW trip official once I book a suite at WBC :) Out of curiosity (and I have already started to gather some quotes of my own for a November 2017 trip from TS, TU, VRBO, etc) what is the best price you personally have been able to secure for an early June trip in a three bedroom deluxe or four bedroom presidential? I wanted to go during value season of this year, but it may not be possible. As we're making a budget, I wanted to see how close people came to the prices listed on VU.

ETA: It would be a June 2018 trip, so I know it's too early to begin getting quotes for these dates

I have really enjoyed reading through this thread! I can't wait to make our second WDW trip official once I book a suite at WBC :) Out of curiosity (and I have already started to gather some quotes of my own for a November 2017 trip from TS, TU, VRBO, etc) what is the best price you personally have been able to secure for an early June trip in a three bedroom deluxe or four bedroom presidential? I wanted to go during value season of this year, but it may not be possible. As we're making a budget, I wanted to see how close people came to the prices listed on VU.

ETA: It would be a June 2018 trip, so I know it's too early to begin getting quotes for these dates

There is no one best place -- you have to shop around. The easiest place to start is on ebay, where you can see the completed listings and get a feel for what the going rate is for the various times of the year, such as June.

It's also important to find someone you are comfortable with. Also, some sellers have cancellation policies, others don't.

And remember, unlike a resort that sets prices, no one is setting prices for these reservations, it's all supply and demand and what the people renting are willing to sell for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter