The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We ended up booking 2 - 2 BR units....will give us 2 washers/dryers, 2 refrigerators, 2 balconies, and 2 views if we are across the hall from one another....the key will be to get two rooms that are adjacent to one another...we are checking in at the same time for both rooms, and will be willing to wait 4 or 5 hours for 2 adjacent rooms to be ready for occupancy...and we are checking in on a Saturday morning, so lots of people leaving then. And hard to believe, but 2 - 2 BR rooms is over $ 200 less than the 4 BR Presidential unit....go figure. I think it will work out fine for our family...we are checking in on 11/4/17.

That sounds great, especially two washers/dryers and two refrigerators. I think you should be fine getting two units adjacent to each other as long as you're willing to wait a bit if necessary. Have a great trip!

Well that is a better request as it should be easier to accommodate! Just ask at check in, the worst they can do is say no. I love relaxing on the balconies at WBC and have done so even when I had a view of the backside of pool cabanas or of a bush (we don't mind the first floor units and have gotten assigned them a couple of times when we had very late check ins). If you aren't checking in super late at night just mention you are willing to wait for a fireworks view and see if they can do anything for you. Hope you have a lovely stay!

Thank you so much! We are getting there about 9am so I am hoping I can request it! :)

Ok can someone give me advice on booking WBC? I am looking for July 31-August 8. I have contacted a couple of people via VRBO but both times people said they had to check on rates and get back to me and I haven't heard back. I have booked through VRBO for other vacations so I am comfortable using their site. I want a 2 bedroom deluxe. That's it. I looked at vacation rentals.com but I don't get the whole book it now and then they drop the price if you book within 60 days? Seems like kind of last minute to me. Help what can I use that I can trust?

What exactly are you looking for? I went to VRBO, put your information in, sorted by price. The first one was $1,141 for 8-nights. I am not sure what the issue is. That's not a bad deal at all.

Thank you so much! We are getting there about 9am so I am hoping I can request it! :)
I was planning on arriving about 11 AM, to get a better chance of getting my request for two rooms adjacent to one another.....I thought 9 AM might be early to approach the Reservation Desk....thoughts on what time I should arrive on a Saturday morning to maximize my chances of getting my request fulfilled....and I am willing to wait till 3 PM for two rooms next to one another.

The earlier you arrive the better. The rooms may not be ready, but you can check-in, give them your requests, have them lockout the rooms to you, and be done. As the day progresses and more people check-in the available rooms get locked out. By having 2 separate rooms, you could be in two completely different buildings. It is not likely. They do not take requests ahead of time. They know what inventory is available/becoming available that day. As they get assigned out, the available inventory reduces.

Ok can someone give me advice on booking WBC? I am looking for July 31-August 8. I have contacted a couple of people via VRBO but both times people said they had to check on rates and get back to me and I haven't heard back. I have booked through VRBO for other vacations so I am comfortable using their site. I want a 2 bedroom deluxe. That's it. I looked at vacation rentals.com but I don't get the whole book it now and then they drop the price if you book within 60 days? Seems like kind of last minute to me. Help what can I use that I can trust?

We used Ken/Denise Price at Vacation Upgrades. Could not have been an easier process booking. They were quick to answer and super helpful, rates are right on their website so you know exactly what you are getting.

We used Ken/Denise Price at Vacation Upgrades. Could not have been an easier process booking. They were quick to answer and super helpful, rates are right on their website so you know exactly what you are getting.

Another thumbs up for Ken and Denise at Vacation Upgrades. We've used them three times so far and I don't hesitate to recommend them. I've also never heard anything bad about Vacation Strategy. We've requested quotes from VS a couple of times and have our next trip booked through them and they've always been very quick with responses (as are Ken and Denise) The VS rate was a little lower for our next trip, and while I believe I could have requested a match from VU I kind of wanted to try VS for a comparison.

Can you get a cheaper rate elsewhere? Possibly, but the reputation of solid companies helps my comfort level...plus it is still a major heck of a deal compared to on site rates for a similar accommodation.

Just in case VS/VU don't have the price you are looking for, I have gotten good rates and great service from Farrell's Vacation Rentals as well as Shelby Resorts.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I did get a quote back within like 15 minutes or so after I requested one from Vacation Strategies. They had a 2 bedroom for 7/31-8/8 of this year at just under $1600. From reading all the replies, it looks like if I spent time and located a Wyndham VIP member I could probably beat that price, but we don't do WDW often (last went in 2010) and so I am not used to working the system and I have enough other things to worry about besides being nervous about an unknown user flaking on my reservation. So I will probably go with someplace like Vacation Strategies or Vacation Upgrades. The problem with Upgrades is that they are quoting only SAt-Sat or Sun-Sun. For a variety of reasons, we are traveling Monday till the following Tuesday. So I don't think they would work.

All that said, does $1600 seem reasonable for Vacation Strategies or a similar type of place for 8 nights two of which are weekend in the summer?

Thanks for all the help. Once I lock in my reservation, I am sure I will be back to the thread to ask more WBC questions.

Kate

The problem with Upgrades is that they are quoting only SAt-Sat or Sun-Sun. For a variety of reasons, we are traveling Monday till the following Tuesday. So I don't think they would work.

Kate

We are doing a tues-mon with them, and they just gave us 2 contracts that aren't for a full week, and said that Bonnet Creek wouldn't make us move rooms. So even though it looks like 2 reservations it wont feel that way. We are going in value time, so maybe its not available during peak times? But worth asking!

I was reading reviews on TripAdviser. I feel sorry for all of those people that go to WBC and do not do any intelligent research. Almost all of the complaints are the timeshare sales spiel. They all go to the parking desk, get roped in, and then get phone calls like crazy. Then, they complain they had to listen to it or were bugged by it. I have never been bugged.

Tips to avoid timeshare sales spiel:
Don't go to the parking desk. It is not required.
Disconnect room phone.
Only ONE spouse go to check-in. Wyndham's policy is no sales spiel with only one spouse. Tell them you are on the trip without your spouse and all sales talk is done.

Also, tell them you work for a timeshare company like Marriott or Hilton. They don't like timeshare employees poisining their well in the presentation area.

Here is what I have done to find good owners at Wyndham. It all started back in Summer 2014. We were going to Williamsburg VA but the hotels were insane. I started searching for better deals. Went on eBay and found a Wyndham resort that wasn't for our dates. I contacted the owner through eBay. She called me after I gave her my number. We wound up getting a 1BR condo there for $400 for 7-nights. Compared to WBC, the place we stayed is no comparison. It was more run down, but very nice for the area. When I got back, I called her to thank her. She gave me pointers on where to look and the type of people to deal with.

1. eBay is a good place to start or to at least make contact with a Wyndham owner
  2. VRBO is excellent and can sometimes find a good owner to work with. I found Vacation Strategy this way and they have always been good but on the higher side
  3. Timeshare Users Group is great for information. They have a place for 45-day or less reservations that cannot be more than $100 a night. They also have a Marketplace to search for rentals and post for rentals. I paid for this access. I think it is $18 a year. Seeing as it saved me over $1,000 just on this Summer trip, the $18 is nothing.
  4. I found another owner through someone I had rented from before.
Once you find a person that is good to work through, it becomes very easy. We needed to stay at DVC and asked the Wyndham owner if there was a chance for RCI. He did not rent RCI because it could suspend his account. He knew someone that was a DVC owner, contacted them, brokered a trade, and got us a 1BR SSR room for 7-nights for $1,250. The DVC owner wanted to go to a Wyndham somewhere, didn't want to deal with RCI, so they basically each made reservations to close out the 3-way deal. The SSR room was 262 points for $1,250 ($4.77 per point). This is less than the maintenance fees they paid for the room.

Basically, my experience shows that unless you are a Top Tier timeshare owner, it is pointless owning one. The cost simply is not there. I have talked with one of the Platinum VIP members about buying my own, transferring my points to him when we want to vacation, and getting the PlatVIP benefit. He is thinking about it and it would basically double our points for almost no investment.

Wyndham stopped allowing transfer of points several years ago. While your VIP member CAN get his VIP benefits applied to resale points, he has to own them.

I agree in general with your comment about it being pointless to own timeshare if you aren't getting VIP benefits...but for me, I like the idea that I'm putting away $100 a month for maintenance fees, I don't even feel it, and I can then book where I want to stay without a cash outlay all at once. I am in a place financially where I don't always have $2K disposable in my account. Yes, I would if I saved it instead of spending it, but that's not how my wife rolls. :tongue:

I have also found that resort employees take extra care of me during my stays, even as a resale owner.

As an aside, it took some work to get my wife interested in going to a timshare resort. After the second timeshare stay, she scrunches her nose when I mention the possibility of staying in a motel or midrange hotel. There is just something about space, and a full kitchen, to fall back into when vacationing.
On the balance, you give excellent advice.

Last edited:
I didn't realize they closed that loophole. Still, going through a PlatVIP is still cheaper (for me) than owning. Right now, I have 2 1-week 1BR Dlx rentals for just over $1,100. Both have potential for upgrades. For 14 days at Disney, that is a great price. I cannot even get that price by owning.

I didn't realize they closed that loophole. Still, going through a PlatVIP is still cheaper (for me) than owning. Right now, I have 2 1-week 1BR Dlx rentals for just over $1,100. Both have potential for upgrades. For 14 days at Disney, that is a great price. I cannot even get that price by owning.

Nope, like you said, unless you spent the ~$200K to own platinum. There is an increasing chance that reservations get lost when cancel-rebook is attempted. It appears that the system now enforces a lag time of several minutes before the interval reappears as available, and anyone can grab it at the time it reappears. Not trying to scare, it should just be taken into account that a VIP could actually lose that ressie trying to get the discount.

There are also rumours that Wyndham will be making some system and rule changes later this year that will severely hamper the efficacy of cancel/rebook.

Yes, I know the risk. They won't cancel rebook unless there is inventory. Most of the time there is inventory so not concerned there.

I am looking at an exchange with RCI. They list two different 1 bedroom options. One is sleeps 4 with privacy of 2 (4/2) and the other is sleeps 4 with privacy of 4 (4/4). The RCI site doesn't show a floor plan. Does anyone know the difference? Appreciate the help/information.

I am looking at an exchange with RCI. They list two different 1 bedroom options. One is sleeps 4 with privacy of 2 (4/2) and the other is sleeps 4 with privacy of 4 (4/4). The RCI site doesn't show a floor plan. Does anyone know the difference? Appreciate the help/information.
I just looked on the Wyndham website and the Deluxe room either has 4/2 or 4/4 and it says beds vary. Although the only floor plan for deluxe shows a king bed in the bedroom and a pull out sofa in the living room. The Presidential 1br says it has a king bed in the bedroom and a pull out sofa in the living room but says that it is 4/4. I would assume either way there will be a pull out sofa involved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter