The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread! (pics and reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you tell me the benefits of Building 4 over Building 5. We wanted a resort view that was fun and busy. We aren't that concerned about fireworks (I have 2 boys, older) but we do like to people watch and be conveniently located to the action of the resort.

Is it easy to walk to the main area from building 4 or 5? I believe right now we have been requested for unit 5. Thanks

To me there is a larger difference if you have a fireworks view. In building 5, the parking garage is in front of the balconies. Even in a higher floor, it is distracting. I personally like the fact that building 4 is more straight and not as angled. Plus, it is close to the main building. It seems more in the middle of things to me. It is probably just because I am more used to it. The unit we had in building 5 was set up different.

I tried to post a link but it didn't work and I don't have a scanner. If you go to www.fairfieldresorts.com, click on explore our resorts on the right hand side, it will bring up all the resorts. Click on Florida, then click on Bonnet Creek. When on the Bonnet Creek page, click on the left hand side where it says resort map. I tried it without logging in and it worked, so it should work for you. Bldg 4 is Torre del cielo, Bldg 5 is Torre de la Luna.

Thank you for the information. I've contacted them with a couple questions. I appreciate it. I know if our daughter has to have another surgery then it would likely be before she is three and her chances of survival wouldn't be great so this could realistically be our only chance at a vacation with her and I want to make it a reality even if we don't qualify for MAW or others since she isn't three. It's difficult to face the unknown but this past year has made me realize we need to cherish each day even more. :)

I'm sorry about some of my questions earlier. I thought I had read all of this thread but apparently not as many of my earlier questions have been answered this morning as I've spent a couple hours reading the first HALF of this thread. :rotfl: Taking lots of notes. I still need to see how many points and how much it would be for a 4br suite. I guess those book out usually at the 13 mo mark so the most likely way to get one is to be an owner. Since we have 7 children, I think the extra room would be nice.

Does anyone know what board I should post meal ideas on? We will be staying with our inlaws the 4 days before our trip and I'm hoping to make up some meals and freeze ahead of time so we can save some money that way. Hoping DH and I might go out one night and have someone watch the children. We haven't been out alone in over a year.

Also, is anything allowed on the doors like they have on the cruises. The name is slipping my mind. Something mail. Just wondering what magic I can add for the family to make this super special. Thanks!!

Thank you for the information. I've contacted them with a couple questions. I appreciate it. I know if our daughter has to have another surgery then it would likely be before she is three and her chances of survival wouldn't be great so this could realistically be our only chance at a vacation with her and I want to make it a reality even if we don't qualify for MAW or others since she isn't three. It's difficult to face the unknown but this past year has made me realize we need to cherish each day even more. :)

I'm sorry about some of my questions earlier. I thought I had read all of this thread but apparently not as many of my earlier questions have been answered this morning as I've spent a couple hours reading the first HALF of this thread. :rotfl: Taking lots of notes. I still need to see how many points and how much it would be for a 4br suite. I guess those book out usually at the 13 mo mark so the most likely way to get one is to be an owner. Since we have 7 children, I think the extra room would be nice.

Does anyone know what board I should post meal ideas on? We will be staying with our inlaws the 4 days before our trip and I'm hoping to make up some meals and freeze ahead of time so we can save some money that way. Hoping DH and I might go out one night and have someone watch the children. We haven't been out alone in over a year.

Also, is anything allowed on the doors like they have on the cruises. The name is slipping my mind. Something mail. Just wondering what magic I can add for the family to make this super special. Thanks!!

www.vacationupgrades.com

Just contact Ken. He will let you know one way or another if he can

1. Get you the room you want

2. How much it will cost.

I think those are the 2 most important questions. The other stuff will fall into place after that.

Pretty sure you can get a crib or pack and play, and pretty positive the resort does NOT provide strollers. As for the High chair, I honestly don't know. But if they don't have them, I know of a company that does.
http://www.abbf.com/pricelist.html

I pray that you can make beautiful memories with your special child.:hug:

Thank you. I spoke with Ken last night and he doesn't have an 4br for that time period as he said they usually book very early on. I have an email in to ask if it's possible to get a 1br connecting to a 2br as well so we can look at all the options.

I need to cross off the accomodations so I can start making some outfits and hairbows!! :)

Hi. I posted a question on the budget board but hopefully y'all can help here. We have a large family and will be in Orlando from 11/28 - 12/4. Our baby had open heart surgery and had complications. Thankfully she seems to be doing well now but there is a good chance of needing more surgeries that are more complicated than the first. We need to be fairly close to a hospital but I imagine that won't be a problem in Orlando. (If anyone knows which hospital is good for pediatric cardiology then that would be great.) We will only be at Disney for 1 day and the VMCP. We just had too many medical bills to be there longer but have tickets for GAD so we have to use them this year.

We were going to stay at a villa in Davenport that is a 4br/3ba with private pool for $678 including tax and $160 for heating the pool and spa. We've stayed there before and were pleased but it was a bit of a drive. Originally we were told it included a stroller, high chair and crib but now we are being told that is an additional $175/week.

Questions: I'm confused about the time shares but is it possible to find a 2br, or preferably 3br, at BC during that time for less money? Or at least about the same? Are there any available items to use for babies? High chairs? Cribs? Does anyone know how close the hospitals are in case we needed one?

Thank you!! I really am an uber organized planner and it's driving me a bit nuts that we don't have a villa booked yet. :confused3

I think you really need to rethink the whole thing if you have a baby who has had recent open heart surgery and may have to have another one. You cannot expose the baby to illness. As healthy adults who use hand sanitizer CONSTANTLY while in the World, my husband and I have come home sick many times. Disney is full of germs and bacteria that could harm your little one. Very bad idea. There's other vacation destinations.

To me there is a larger difference if you have a fireworks view. In building 5, the parking garage is in front of the balconies. Even in a higher floor, it is distracting. I personally like the fact that building 4 is more straight and not as angled. Plus, it is close to the main building. It seems more in the middle of things to me. It is probably just because I am more used to it. The unit we had in building 5 was set up different.

I tried to post a link but it didn't work and I don't have a scanner. If you go to www.fairfieldresorts.com, click on explore our resorts on the right hand side, it will bring up all the resorts. Click on Florida, then click on Bonnet Creek. When on the Bonnet Creek page, click on the left hand side where it says resort map. I tried it without logging in and it worked, so it should work for you. Bldg 4 is Torre del cielo, Bldg 5 is Torre de la Luna.

Thanks! I was trying to find a map with the completed buildings, but that map is very helpful. All of the maps I have seen say "future" but it still let
me see how it is set up. We like to look at the resort/pools/lake. We don't care that much about the fireworks.

Geneva will be almost 1 1/2 by the time we go there and all of her doctors have given the go ahead. She had her surgery at 1 day old. Thank you for the concern. We will already be in the Orlando area to see family for Thanksgiving and have the GAD tickets so thought it would be a good time to take a vacation and save the gas. Of course we'll look at flu season and see what is going on at that time with everyone's health to see if we will even be traveling. You've given me something to think about though. Hmmm?

Currently they have a 1Bdrm for 84,000 points, a 1 Bdrm Pres. for 112,000 pts, a 2Bd for 112,000 points, a 2Bd Pres. for 175,000 points, a 3 Bdrm for 175,000 points and a 3 Bd Pres for 219,000 points. The only units they do not have are 4 bdrms. My guess is that you would probably be looking at 4.5-6 cents per pt if you can find an owner who wants to rent their points. The 3 Bdrm will sleep 10. They have a King bed, Queen bed, 2 Double beds and a Queen sofa sleeper. The three bedroom units have 2 bathrooms. We had one last Dec.

Currently they have a 1Bdrm for 84,000 points, a 1 Bdrm Pres. for 112,000 pts, a 2Bd for 112,000 points, a 2Bd Pres. for 175,000 points, a 3 Bdrm for 175,000 points and a 3 Bd Pres for 219,000 points. The only units they do not have are 4 bdrms. My guess is that you would probably be looking at 4.5-6 cents per pt if you can find an owner who wants to rent their points. The 3 Bdrm will sleep 10. They have a King bed, Queen bed, 2 Double beds and a Queen sofa sleeper. The three bedroom units have 2 bathrooms. We had one last Dec.

I am looking in my Wyndham book at Bonnet Creek for the points. Value season for 1 week a 4 bedroom presidential is 231,000 , High seaso 347,000 and Prime season it is 424,000. However the 4 bedroom does not have a sleeper sofa, they are leather but do not pull out. They do have 2510 sq. ft where the 3 bedroom deluxe is 1503 sq. ft. It does not give sq. ft. for a 3 bedroom presidential. 3 bedrooms are really quite comfortable.

I was already excited about our family trip to DW and knew to expect a great experience from Wyndham Resorts considering my DM and DD are Wyndham vacation owners and we've had great stays over the past 7 years with them, but this is our first time at BC and previously stayed at Star Island on our last trip...this thread is awesome and has me uber excited about our 7-day trip starting Monday!!!! Prior to reading this thread, I was oblivious to all the best viewpoint rooms...do you think it would be too late to request a specific building and floor considering we are scheduled to arrive on the 28th? Also does anyone know of any airport shuttle they may provide at BC?

What buildings have been updated? I know there are new buildings, but really have liked the location and view from building 2 in the past. However, I also really like new units. Tough decision! :) I saw a post earlier that a one bedroom had granite countertops and it wasn't a presidential.

Also, what buildings have rooms that do not park in the parking deck?

I was already excited about our family trip to DW and knew to expect a great experience from Wyndham Resorts considering my DM and DD are Wyndham vacation owners and we've had great stays over the past 7 years with them, but this is our first time at BC and previously stayed at Star Island on our last trip...this thread is awesome and has me uber excited about our 7-day trip starting Monday!!!! Prior to reading this thread, I was oblivious to all the best viewpoint rooms...do you think it would be too late to request a specific building and floor considering we are scheduled to arrive on the 28th? Also does anyone know of any airport shuttle they may provide at BC?

I don't believe they offer a shuttle, but you can find companies that do.

It's not too late to call. I always try to call in their off times when they will be less likely to have a wait at the desk.

Have a great trip!

Well, we are a family of 6. We have stayed at Orange Lake, Floridays, Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa and just returned from a week at Bonnet Creek. Have to say we loved it!!! The only small complaint we had was the master bed was somewhat uncomfortable and my husband ended up sleeping on the couch by Wednesday. We were in a two bedroom in Tower 1 room 320 which was lake view. It was such a convenient location close to both the lazy river pool and the slide pool. The free miniture golf was great and the kids enjoyed the playground which they could go to and I could sit on the balcony and watch them. The ice cream sundaes each day for 2.00 were a bargin and the free face painting was incredible. Same face painting you pay 15 or 20 dollars for at the parks. The pack n play was delivered promptly and the delivery of baby items from www.ababysbestfriend.com were easy to access. We ordered pizza twice from La Cocina by the slide pool which was reasonable and good. The staff was great. We didn't do the major parks on this trip but the location was great. 10 minutes to Sea World and just a few to Blizzard Beach. I felt the magic everyday driving in under the Walt Disney World sign. I cannot wait to book our next trip in a couple of months.:banana::banana:

Hello everyone!! Thanks so much for this thread, it's been very helpful. My husband and I are BC owners but have not yet stayed there. We are taking our 3 young children and my sister and her family will be arriving on the same day and staying with us for a week.....so we'll have a total of 9 people. We will be staying on longer when my sister's family departs. We have our reservations made for the end of August and simply can't wait!!!:yay: We will be in tower #5 and I booked a 3 bedroom and hope to get a 4 bedroom upgrade when I call 2 weeks prior to arrival. We're crossing our fingers and toes :-) We'd also love to have that room with a view of the fireworks at night, but do realize that we can't have everything :rolleyes:

I do have a couple of questions that maybe someone can answer.:confused:

1. I've read some reviews on another site where people mentioned the air conditioning turns off during the night because there is no movement in the room. Apparently the air works by sensors??? Has anyone had this problem? I'm sure this sounds silly, but I thought that maybe I should bring a small fan and position it near a sensor to "fool" it into thinking someone is walking around. I can't imagine all of us sleeping in stiffling hot bedrooms:sad2:

2. How far away are the grills from Tower #5? We'd like to do some grilling for a couple of dinners. However, I'm afraid that by the time I schlep the food back to our tower from the grill, it will be cold.

3. My cousin from FL will be visiting us for a day at the resort. What info will he need when arriving at the gate to get in? Our last name and tower name that we are staying in? Should we tell the front desk that we will be having someone visit for the day?

Thanks so much in advance for all your help!!!:cloud9:

Hello everyone!! Thanks so much for this thread, it's been very helpful. My husband and I are BC owners but have not yet stayed there. We are taking our 3 young children and my sister and her family will be arriving on the same day and staying with us for a week.....so we'll have a total of 9 people. We will be staying on longer when my sister's family departs. We have our reservations made for the end of August and simply can't wait!!!:yay: We will be in tower #5 and I booked a 3 bedroom and hope to get a 4 bedroom upgrade when I call 2 weeks prior to arrival. We're crossing our fingers and toes :-) We'd also love to have that room with a view of the fireworks at night, but do realize that we can't have everything :rolleyes:

Hi Kristina,

I'm a little confused about your hopes for an upgrade. Since you said you are owners, did you book through Wyndham? If so, upgrades are available to VIPS (at different dates) and you should look into that. If not, I'm not familiar with them giving unit size upgrades. You can call and request a particular view and the staff at Bonnet Creek does there best to please if possible, but it's not for a unit upgrade.

If you are an owner with Wyndham, log on to the Wyndham site and it will show you what is available. Hope that helps!

Nicole

Yes, we are VIP and I spoke with Bonnet Creek and also reservations when I booked our dates. It's not something I even asked for when booking they told me that's what I should do when I call prior to our arrival. I then went digging around in my owners books and it says the same thing for VIP's. I'm sure we'll be happy no matter which room we are in so that's not really my priority at this point. However, I am curious about reading some answers to my questions #1, 2 & 3.

Thanks though:thumbsup2

To answer your question about someone visiting. My mom came to visit us while we were there last week. We just gave her name when we checked in and were given a parking permit for her and then when she got there she just went to the check in and they gave her a key and our room number and she came on up. Worked great. I know there were grills by the pool with the slide and La Cocina but not sure what buildings that was close to. Hope you all have a great time.

Checked in Saturday (early check in was allowed) to our 2 bedroom. There was an offer to attend an informative breakfast. The gift was a $100 American Express or discounted tickets. We declined.

We are in room 284 in tower 5. The view is of the parking garage and it does get in the way of viewing the fireworks. We can see the smoke but not the fireworks. You would need to be above floor 5 or 6 to see them, I think.

Building 5 walks out to the zero entry to the lazy river. There are 2 small hot tubs and a pool. There is also a pool bar all in this area.

The kitchen does not have granite but the room is awesome! We have 3 flat screen TVs which is supposedly unique to tower 5. They are kind of small but nice.

Looking forward to a great week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter