The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread! (pics and reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew...just booked Bonnet Creek. Thank you everyone! Does anyone have a current printable map? The only Bonnet Creek map I can find has all of the building listed as Future.

We are excited, we booked a 2 bedroom with Ken!Thanks

I love staying on property, but I was done with cramming all of us into one room in a WDW resort. After reading this thread, I decided to book BC over the week of 4th of July and I am so excited to stay there.

I am sure that this information is on this thread somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone have a recommendation for a fireworks view room? I have an autistic son and am planning on being OUT of the parks well before the 4th of July fireworks, but it would be great for his siblings to be able to see them from our room. Thanks!

DISKIM: We were in Building 5 (the newest one) with a fireworks view. I cannot remember the unit number, but I called the resort directly and asked to be placed on the highest possible floor with a fireworks view. They were very accomodating.

Have a great trip!

As for food, don't forget how close you are to Downtown Disney--my husband is too excited to be so close to Earl of Sandwich! At Crossroads we LOVE Sweet Tomatoes and Flippers is pretty decent and will be very handy for carry out this trip I think.

I love staying on property, but I was done with cramming all of us into one room in a WDW resort. After reading this thread, I decided to book BC over the week of 4th of July and I am so excited to stay there.

I am sure that this information is on this thread somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone have a recommendation for a fireworks view room? I have an autistic son and am planning on being OUT of the parks well before the 4th of July fireworks, but it would be great for his siblings to be able to see them from our room. Thanks!

Kim,
Call down to Bonnet Creek before your trip and request a room. They are generally very nice and try to accommodate requests. Enjoy your stay!

We went to WDW in January and stayed at Bonnet Creek in building 5. We had a 3 bedroom in building 5. There were 7 of us: myself and my husband, our 2 and 4 year old boys, my mother and father in law, and my mother. It was fantastic!

But my mom and I really have been talking about going back, so I set a couple of personal goals for myself before I'd give myself permission to splurge again. I'm well on my way to achieving those goals now, so I started looking for deals. We rented through Ken Price before, and loved the service, but this is a super budget trip. I snagged an ebay deal of just under $100 a night for 7 nights in a 2 bedroom unit! Reputable seller, I paid with Paypal.

Now we get to plan! This trip is really all about the boys. In January, we had a 7-person group, which included 2 preschoolers and 2 WDW newbies. Our trip is in November, and my husband actually plans to drive down with us and fly back a couple of days later so he doesn't miss work. We can't wait to stay at Bonnet Creek again!

We like building 4 and ask for something above the 8th or 9th floor. I usually call about 2 weeks in advance. I don't know what size unit you have but if it is a 1 or 2 bedroom, they usually have a lot of those. 3 bedroom units are less plentiful.

We like building 4 and ask for something above the 8th or 9th floor. I usually call about 2 weeks in advance. I don't know what size unit you have but if it is a 1 or 2 bedroom, they usually have a lot of those. 3 bedroom units are less plentiful.

Can you tell me the benefits of Building 4 over Building 5. We wanted a resort view that was fun and busy. We aren't that concerned about fireworks (I have 2 boys, older) but we do like to people watch and be conveniently located to the action of the resort.

Is it easy to walk to the main area from building 4 or 5? I believe right now we have been requested for unit 5. Thanks

I believe they are right next to each other, so not much difference. You can walk out right to the lazy river area from both of them I think. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone else will know. I wouldn't worry about it really.

We have stayed in both building 4 and 5.

Building 4 is actually closer to the main buklding but we are talking maybe about 30 seconds walking.

I would be very happy with either one of these.

With 5 you walk directly out to the zero entry entrance to the lazy river.

With 4 you walk right out to the small pool and hot tubs and area with cabanas.

Both = good.

With view, i think it depends where you are in the building rather than which building.

Luck of the draw.

Whew...just booked Bonnet Creek. Thank you everyone! Does anyone have a current printable map? The only Bonnet Creek map I can find has all of the building listed as Future.

We are excited, we booked a 2 bedroom with Ken!Thanks

There is a map of the resort on the Wyndham website under bonnet creek, not sure if it is printble but I was looking at it the other day.

I have been in contact with Ken from vacationupgrades about booking a 2 bedroom unit at Bonnet Creek. He said he had booked our stay, but needed our address for the rental agreement. He said he would get back to us within a few days with the rental agreement. This was last Saturday I emailed him with our address and have not heard anything. How long does this usually take? Should I be worried? Should I contact him again?

Thanks, Yvonne

I have been in contact with Ken from vacationupgrades about booking a 2 bedroom unit at Bonnet Creek. He said he had booked our stay, but needed our address for the rental agreement. He said he would get back to us within a few days with the rental agreement. This was last Saturday I emailed him with our address and have not heard anything. How long does this usually take? Should I be worried? Should I contact him again?

Thanks, Yvonne

We also rent with Ken. I'm sure it's been taken booked. He and his wife travel quite a bit, so possibly they are away. We sent our dates and info last weekend and we don't have a contract, but we have never had a problem. You can always send a follow-up email. That's always a good idea.

Thanks, Yvonne

I would contact them. We booked ours with them and within 24 hours had a contract. Wonderful transaction and very professional.

Hi. I posted a question on the budget board but hopefully y'all can help here. We have a large family and will be in Orlando from 11/28 - 12/4. Our baby had open heart surgery and had complications. Thankfully she seems to be doing well now but there is a good chance of needing more surgeries that are more complicated than the first. We need to be fairly close to a hospital but I imagine that won't be a problem in Orlando. (If anyone knows which hospital is good for pediatric cardiology then that would be great.) We will only be at Disney for 1 day and the VMCP. We just had too many medical bills to be there longer but have tickets for GAD so we have to use them this year.

We were going to stay at a villa in Davenport that is a 4br/3ba with private pool for $678 including tax and $160 for heating the pool and spa. We've stayed there before and were pleased but it was a bit of a drive. Originally we were told it included a stroller, high chair and crib but now we are being told that is an additional $175/week.

Questions: I'm confused about the time shares but is it possible to find a 2br, or preferably 3br, at BC during that time for less money? Or at least about the same? Are there any available items to use for babies? High chairs? Cribs? Does anyone know how close the hospitals are in case we needed one?

Thank you!! I really am an uber organized planner and it's driving me a bit nuts that we don't have a villa booked yet. :confused3

Just booked our return trip to BC in mid-August. Will be our 4th time there. As previous DVC owners, we do not feel as though we stepped down staying there. It's nicer than the DVC resorts we've stayed at (all but the newest). It's close enough to be convenient to WDW as well.

Staff has always been nice. The pools/lazy river is a lot of fun for the kids. We love staying there.

Thanks, Yvonne

I would not worry. I went ahead with my fourth transaction with him today. One time there was a delay with receiving the rental agreement. I sent an email to touch base and he email me that he was behind in the paperwork but would forward it soon and he did.

Why don't you email him to put your mind at ease?

He is very reliable.

I think you will be very happy with your stay.

Personally, I cannot wait until September and my next time. This will be our longest stay to date as we usually do just 5 days and combine with a DVC stay. I am looking forward to 9 straight days without moving this time. I do have to attend a seminar but combining a mini-vacation with work works for me.

This time is is just me and my best friend of 30 plus years, no kids , no significant others. it will be an all me trip.

Anyone know if they offer massages at Bonnet Creek?

Hi. I posted a question on the budget board but hopefully y'all can help here. We have a large family and will be in Orlando from 11/28 - 12/4. Our baby had open heart surgery and had complications. Thankfully she seems to be doing well now but there is a good chance of needing more surgeries that are more complicated than the first. We need to be fairly close to a hospital but I imagine that won't be a problem in Orlando. (If anyone knows which hospital is good for pediatric cardiology then that would be great.) We will only be at Disney for 1 day and the VMCP. We just had too many medical bills to be there longer but have tickets for GAD so we have to use them this year.

We were going to stay at a villa in Davenport that is a 4br/3ba with private pool for $678 including tax and $160 for heating the pool and spa. We've stayed there before and were pleased but it was a bit of a drive. Originally we were told it included a stroller, high chair and crib but now we are being told that is an additional $175/week.

Questions: I'm confused about the time shares but is it possible to find a 2br, or preferably 3br, at BC during that time for less money? Or at least about the same? Are there any available items to use for babies? High chairs? Cribs? Does anyone know how close the hospitals are in case we needed one?

Thank you!! I really am an uber organized planner and it's driving me a bit nuts that we don't have a villa booked yet. :confused3

First, I'm so glad your daughter is doing well. I volunteer for a children's charity in Maryland and thought this might be a resource. Give Kids the World in Orlando has a great staff that I'm sure would advise you about hospitals. As far as BC, try Ken's website for rates. http://vacationupgrades.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter