The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread! (pics and reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Samil for your response to my previous questions, but I do have one more.

Do you or someone else know if the 3 bedrooms have a balcony?

I didn't tour one of the 3 bedrooms but I'm pretty sure they have a balcony.

As for payment to Ken, we paid via check for our trip in May. Ken is amazingly easy to work with and is very professional. I would recommend him to anyone and we will go through him again if we stay at BC in the future.

Shelli - you will be glad you chose BC! It is SO close to everything I almost felt like we were staying on property (but for 1/2 the cost!).

Thanks Samil for your response to my previous questions, but I do have one more.

Our 3 bedroom had a balcony, but it might depend where it is located in the building. However, I think from looking at my book, that all the rooms have balconies.

Grandmadebby, I think you're right. From the chart in the directory it appears that all units, regardless of size, have either a balcony or, if they're on the ground floor, a patio.

I posted floor plans for one, two, three and four bedrooms on picasa. I also posted jpgs of the two pages on Bonnet Creek from the Wyndham directory. They include point charts and unit information. You'll need to click on the magnifying glass near the upper, right-hand corner of the image to read the information. Or, you can download it. (the download button is above the image and to the left.)

Here's the link:
http://picasaweb.google.com/104883687637809556634/BonnetCreekResort2010?authkey=Gv1sRgCKO9ttafirGdOQ&feat=directlink

I'd be happy to post the floor plans and/or the directory pages directly on this thread if it would be helpful. I just didn't want to create such a long post unnecessarily. :)

Sami

Is there a charge for the video games at Bonnet Creek? This may seem like a silly question but when we stayed at Kingsgate in Williamsburg there wasn't any charge for the arcade games. The kids loved that!

Hi all,

Does anyone have a list that shows the building names and numbers? People on this thread seem to post the number of the building they were in but when I look at the Wyndahm map it just shows the names.

Thanks in advance.

It was just a regular unit. I can only imagine what the presidential units look like!

Yeah, no kidding. Those countertops were gorgeous. Nice upgrade they did. :goodvibes Was the mattress comfortable on the king bed? That's why I asked for Building 4 or 5 because I figured the mattresses would be newer.

Hi all,

Does anyone have a list that shows the building names and numbers? People on this thread seem to post the number of the building they were in but when I look at the Wyndahm map it just shows the names.

Thanks in advance.

Village Building - Puerto de Leon (main building used for check-in)
Building #1 - Torre de la Tierra
Building #2 - Torre del Viento
Building #3 - Torre del Mar
Building #4 - Torre del Cielo
Building #5 - Torre de la Luna
Building #6 - Torre del Sol

I have stayed in buildings #1 & 3. I prefer the jacuzzis in building #1. They are larger than the ones in the newer buildings (3-6). And they actually have adjustable jets, whereas the newer unit's jacuzzis have holes along the bottom perimeter that shoot water upward. If you fill the jacuzzi up too much, the water will slosh over the sides.

Since we're on pool questions - going in Decmber. Are the pools heated? I assume they are, but you never know.

I am so impressed by everything that I've read here about Bonnet Creek! My dad will need to use a scooter while we're in the parks & I would like to rent one from a local company to save money. Do you think the scooter will fit in one of the two-bedroom suites? Will we be able to load the scooter on the park shuttles?

Thank you!

Shelli, they do have handicap rooms. I've never stayed in one so I don't know the specifics though. Sorry.

Village Building - Puerto de Leon (main building used for check-in)
Building #1 - Torre de la Tierra
Building #2 - Torre del Viento
Building #3 - Torre del Mar
Building #4 - Torre del Cielo
Building #5 - Torre de la Luna

I have stayed in buildings #2 & 3. I prefer the jacuzzis in building #2. They are larger than the ones in the newer buildings (3-6). And they actually have adjustable jets, whereas the newer unit's jacuzzis have holes along the bottom perimeter that shoot water upward. If you fill the jacuzzi up too much, the water will slosh over the sides.

If it helps, here's a map with both the names and numbers and a few other details added in.
bcmap.jpg

If you need to zoom in to see it you can view it larger here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/104883687637809556634/BonnetCreekResort2010?authkey=Gv1sRgCKO9ttafirGdOQ&feat=directlink

Garmich,
When you stayed in Bldg 2 did you have a fireworks view? I was thinking of requesting Bldg 2 with a fireworks view for our next stay. It seems like if you stayed in the left side with a lake view, you'd also have a good view of MK and Epcot fireworks.

Anybody know for sure?

I haven't used him (we have a Wyndham contract) but I think I remember someone saying that he will use paypal, but prefers a check.

Everyone speaks (or writes, I guess) very highly of him. If we ever find ourselves wanting to book when we've use all our points he'll be the first person we check with.

The first time I used Ken for our vacation I used paypal. This time, I will not hesitate to use a check. We are renting a few days in the Berkshires in MA. In Jan we will use him again for BC.

Garmich,
When you stayed in Bldg 2 did you have a fireworks view? I was thinking of requesting Bldg 2 with a fireworks view for our next stay. It seems like if you stayed in the left side with a lake view, you'd also have a good view of MK and Epcot fireworks.

Anybody know for sure?

Actually, we stayed in Bldg. #1. (which I fixed in my post). And we had a lake view. We were never at the condo during the fireworks, so I couldn't say for sure, how the view was. But, if you stayed in the left side you probably would have a fireworks view, if you were on the top floors. Building #2 is only 7 stories high. Your best views would be from buildings #4 & 5, as they are much taller, with no buildings obstructing the view. But with this view you would not get the lake view.

When we stayed in building #3, we were on the south side (parking lot view). When it was time for the fireworks, we went to the area by the elevators and went to the top floor. In the elevator areas there are huge windows which were great for viewing the fireworks.

I've been emailing back & forth with Ken Price the past couple of days. He responds very quickly & is quite professional. I'm definitely impressed with him so far. To get the best rate, I need to wait until Aug. 2 to book our stay. In the meantime, I'm planning out our schedule, making ADRs, & looking for the best price for airline tickets.

Can you folks give me an idea of what restaurants are nearby? I've read about the places that are on-site. I'm wondering what's available within, say, a 10-15 minute drive. Disney restaurants are fun & convenient, but extremely expensive. We ate at Ruby Tuesdays tonight & fed 3 adults for the price of 1 buffet meal at Disney!! We usually go back to our hotel for a break in the afternoon & we'll have a rental car, so it'll be easy for us to stop somewhere on the way back to the parks in the evening.

Thank you so much for all of your help!

Shelli

I've been emailing back & forth with Ken Price the past couple of days. He responds very quickly & is quite professional. I'm definitely impressed with him so far. To get the best rate, I need to wait until Aug. 2 to book our stay. In the meantime, I'm planning out our schedule, making ADRs, & looking for the best price for airline tickets.

Can you folks give me an idea of what restaurants are nearby? I've read about the places that are on-site. I'm wondering what's available within, say, a 10-15 minute drive. Disney restaurants are fun & convenient, but extremely expensive. We ate at Ruby Tuesdays tonight & fed 3 adults for the price of 1 buffet meal at Disney!! We usually go back to our hotel for a break in the afternoon & we'll have a rental car, so it'll be easy for us to stop somewhere on the way back to the parks in the evening.

Thank you so much for all of your help!

Shelli

Bahama Breeze is great. It's very close to the outlets. There is also Uno at Crossroads and Giordoni's very closeby. We usually stop at Panera for lunch.

Actually, we stayed in Bldg. #1. (which I fixed in my post). And we had a lake view. We were never at the condo during the fireworks, so I couldn't say for sure, how the view was. But, if you stayed in the left side you probably would have a fireworks view, if you were on the top floors. Building #2 is only 7 stories high. Your best views would be from buildings #4 & 5, as they are much taller, with no buildings obstructing the view. But with this view you would not get the lake view.

When we stayed in building #3, we were on the south side (parking lot view). When it was time for the fireworks, we went to the area by the elevators and went to the top floor. In the elevator areas there are huge windows which were great for viewing the fireworks.

Thanks, Garmich! We were also in building one. We were on the end and if the balcony hadn't had walls on each side probably would have had a great view of the fireworks. As it was, if we leaned out over the rail we could see part of the fireworks. Not exactly what I was thinking of when I asked for a fireworks view, but we were happy with the room, so no big deal.

I'm trying to decide if it will matter for our September trip. It will be just me and DH, so I'm not sure we will be back in the room to see any fireworks. If we're good litter mouseketeers, and do what we should, we'll be in the room Thursday night to see them, since we need to be packed and ready to hit the road back home in the morning. But we loose all self-discipline when we're around that mouse. He's such a bad influence. ;)

Great idea about the elevator area. Maybe we'll take advantage of that if we're in a building where the windows face MK or Epcot.

I just love the lake view during the day. Maybe that's better for us since we're there to enjoy that more.

SamiL

I'm wondering what's available within, say, a 10-15 minute drive. Disney restaurants are fun & convenient, but extremely expensive. We ate at Ruby Tuesdays tonight & fed 3 adults for the price of 1 buffet meal at Disney!! We usually go back to our hotel for a break in the afternoon & we'll have a rental car, so it'll be easy for us to stop somewhere on the way back to the parks in the evening.
The problem is, nothing is "on the way back to the parks", because only Disney property separates Bonnet from any theme park.

But, the two closest spots are Crossroads (out the DTD entrance) and Celebration (just south of 192, to the east of World Drive.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter