The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read that there is an ice maker in the fridge, but do they also have ice available at ice makers in each building like traditional hotels do?

I have been given two options from Ken Price. I can book at one price and he will attempt to lower the rate at 60days. But then he has given me another option at a much lower rate where I can lock in a lower rate now with no option to rebook at a later time. There is a huge difference between the two rates especially over a 17 night stay. But then again I've been quoted cheaper again with someone else. The difference between the highest and lowest prices we've been given is $1990. Its just a matter of making a decission as to which is the best way to go.
If you were going for the last week or so of August I would say it's worth the gamble as lots of schools here in the US start around then so the parks start slowing down. We usually go that last week because we start around the 30th and love the lower crowd levels. However if your going towards the beginning of the month you still have a lot of summer travelers so the parks are busier and rooms are typically more expensive and in shorter supply. All of that said I would try to lock at the lowest rate you can now on the 3BR, they are few and far between and there is no guarantee of the better rate if you try rebooking inside of 60 days. I would be more frustrated with myself if I signed high and then wasn't able to rebook vs paying a set rate that was great from the get go. :thumbsup2
Note - if it was the last week of Aug I *might* be willing to chance it... but your talking to the girl who locked in on a 3BR Pres 6+ months out for Jan (slowest time of year) because I didn't want to chance not getting what I wanted. ;)

We booked a 3 bedroom within 60 days for Aug 8th checkin. There were no pres. 3 bedrooms left. Used Ken Price and it was a great experience got the view and tower we requested!! Would definitly recommend him. Both he and his wife were very nice and helpful!

Hi all!

I am thinking about taking a trip in May 2012. I have read through most of the thread (great info btw) and I did not see the answer to my questions. If I missed it, I am so sorry. I have 2 questions actually. One, can you book a thursday arrival for a week stay? And secondly, when can I book? I looked at ebay and they do not have anything past this year.

Thanks for your help!

I've read that there is an ice maker in the fridge, but do they also have ice available at ice makers in each building like traditional hotels do?

There are ice machines in each building, but not on each floor.

Hi all!

I am thinking about taking a trip in May 2012. I have read through most of the thread (great info btw) and I did not see the answer to my questions. If I missed it, I am so sorry. I have 2 questions actually. One, can you book a thursday arrival for a week stay? And secondly, when can I book? I looked at ebay and they do not have anything past this year.

Thanks for your help!

You can book for May 2012 now, however usually the ebay sellers don't post dates until closer to the travel time. You should be able to contact one of the bigger renters directly to get pricing.

and yes, you can do a thursday arrival for a week stay. Because of Wyndham's "Friday-Sunday arrival or departure day during peak seasons" rule, you will likely end up with a split reservation (2 reservations to comprise the week). Often the front desk however will combine them to allow you to not worry about needing to change rooms.

Has anyone booked with Farrells? I have the best quote from them. Just wondering

just returned from a trip that we used Farrell for, everything went very smoothly. We were in a 2 BR Pres. i was very satisfied with the price we paid for a 2 BR Pres.

Hi all!

Thanks for your help!
You won't see a stay like that on eBay. You need to start contacting the people who rent reservations on eBay or listed in this group who can set up a reservation tailored to your needs.

Thanks for the info on Farrells. I got a confirmation but I just get nervous. Good to know that my vacation is in good hands!

You can book for May 2012 now, however usually the ebay sellers don't post dates until closer to the travel time. You should be able to contact one of the bigger renters directly to get pricing.

and yes, you can do a thursday arrival for a week stay. Because of Wyndham's "Friday-Sunday arrival or departure day during peak seasons" rule, you will likely end up with a split reservation (2 reservations to comprise the week). Often the front desk however will combine them to allow you to not worry about needing to change rooms.

You won't see a stay like that on eBay. You need to start contacting the people who rent reservations on eBay or listed in this group who can set up a reservation tailored to your needs.

Thank you both for the advice and answering me so quickly!

Hi all!

Thanks for your help!

I went through a guy and rented his points. I originally wanted Saturday through Saturday but he found a better value for booking Friday to Saturday so you can book an "odd week" if you want, but you might have to go through renting points.

Jen

I just wanted to say we are currently enjoying our wonderful stay at WBM as booked through Vacation Strategy. All went well! For those worried about booking through them, rest assured it is a legit company :)

Vacation Strategy did not respond to two emails. Farrell answered right away. Great price and had my cert in one day.

We booked through Farrell as well. A week in May this far out and he gave us a price of $693 for a 2 bedroom. I'm sure we could get it cheaper as it gets closer but I just wanted to make sure we got it. Still a great price!

Hi

Not sure if this has been asked but hopefully someone can answer:

We will be at the hotel on Sept. 12 the 1st Dolphin game of the season, its a Monday night game. We want to be back at the hotel to watch the game.

How is the pizza place on site? Are there any other options besides pizza?

Thanks so much!
Lori

Hi

Not sure if this has been asked but hopefully someone can answer:

We will be at the hotel on Sept. 12 the 1st Dolphin game of the season, its a Monday night game. We want to be back at the hotel to watch the game.

How is the pizza place on site? Are there any other options besides pizza?

Thanks so much!
Lori

I've heard good things about the onsite pizza, but haven't personally tried it myself.

Beyond Pizza, the only other places currently open onsite are the pool bars which serve typical bar food (burgers, sandwiches, etc). The Hotel onsite doesn't open until October, so those restaurants are not yet available.

You can also always call other places in the area that deliver to order food. I got back LATE one night after the onsite pizza place closed and ordered some pizza from Dominoes. They couldn't access the building itself however, so I had to meet the driver down outside the lobby. It is another possibility for you though.

I've heard good things about the onsite pizza, but haven't personally tried it myself.

Beyond Pizza, the only other places currently open onsite are the pool bars which serve typical bar food (burgers, sandwiches, etc). The Hotel onsite doesn't open until October, so those restaurants are not yet available.

You can also always call other places in the area that deliver to order food. I got back LATE one night after the onsite pizza place closed and ordered some pizza from Dominoes. They couldn't access the building itself however, so I had to meet the driver down outside the lobby. It is another possibility for you though.

Thanks so much for the info.
So they are building a new restaurant onsite?
Guess we will try it next time. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter