The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hilton/Waldorf are also just across Chelonia Way---walkable for anyone without mobility issues. Not sure whether takeout is a viable option from any of those locations, or whether any of them would be suitable for watching the game.

If I were going to get pizza, I would order from Giordano's. The LBV location is the closest to Bonnet. They also have to be met at the lobby, but good stuff.

The Hilton/Waldorf are also just across Chelonia Way---walkable for anyone without mobility issues. Not sure whether takeout is a viable option from any of those locations, or whether any of them would be suitable for watching the game.

If I were going to get pizza, I would order from Giordano's. The LBV location is the closest to Bonnet. They also have to be met at the lobby, but good stuff.

OK! Thanks, we love good pizza. :yay:

Thanks so much for the info.
So they are building a new restaurant onsite?
Guess we will try it next time. :goodvibes

The new hotel is supposed to have 5 restaurants from the information I've seen.

Flippers has always been very good. They have a lg menu and I believe they sill deliver. In fact, we arrive tonight and I may order from there!
Have a great trip!

Does anyone know the actual date the new hotel opens? We will be there mid October and it would be great to have some more dining options. Jennie

Does anyone know the actual date the new hotel opens? We will be there mid October and it would be great to have some more dining options. Jennie
The hotel is now accepting reservations for October 8, 2011 and beyond. I would think the restaurants would be open by then. Just for giggles, I priced out a 2 bedroom presidential suite at the new hotel. $1200/night. Yikes!

Hi

Not sure if this has been asked but hopefully someone can answer:

We will be at the hotel on Sept. 12 the 1st Dolphin game of the season, its a Monday night game. We want to be back at the hotel to watch the game.

How is the pizza place on site? Are there any other options besides pizza?

Thanks so much!
Lori

Flippers has always been very good. They have a lg menu and I believe they sill deliver. In fact, we arrive tonight and I may order from there!
Have a great trip!

I agree, Flippers has delicious pizza, sandwiches, salads etc. and probably a better value than Giordanos. Heck, try them both while on vacation. We did. We love Giordanos too.

There's a Flippers in Crossroads (other side of DTD on 535) that delivers to Bonnet Creek:

Flipper's Lake Buena Vista/Disney
12525-SR 535
Orlando, FL 32836
(407) 938-9633
Sun-Thur, open til Midnight
Fri-Sat, open til 1 a.m.

What an awesome thread! Thanks to this I have contacted Ken and Farrell for our trip next April and have received some great options and prices.

What an awesome thread! Thanks to this I have contacted Ken and Farrell for our trip next April and have received some great options and prices.

I agree - I found this site and booked with Ken at Bonnet Creek for November - never stayed there before but - thanks to all the rave reviews and great info on this site - we are going!

I am a DCV owner and I am getting pretty excited about our upcoming Bonnet Creek stay. Apparently my in-laws own enough points they can request a view? We are going down the week after Thanksgiving, staying in a one bedroom deluxe. Can anyone recommend an area to request? I like an upper room with a view that maybe you could see fireworks, if there is such a view.

I'm a DVC member to and WBC came up short...no comparison DVC resorts are much better

For how much more money DVC costs than WBC, they darn well OUGHT to be better. :lmao:

I'm a DVC member to and WBC came up short...no comparison DVC resorts are much better

I'm also a DVC owner and am curious in what ways DVC is better .... I picked up a one bedroom for a week at WBC for under $400 including all taxes and no car so I don't have to pay for parking. I'm pretty happy with my deal. I know there is no way I could get a week at DVC for that price. I'm not disagreeing with you I'm just curious about what you didn't like.

For how much more money DVC costs than WBC, they darn well OUGHT to be better. :lmao:

Fer sure. When we're likely to go next time, I can trade into a DVC 2 BR for $200/night. I can get a 2 BR in Bonnet Creek for $90/night. I am not at all convinced that DVC is twice as nifty as Bonnet Creek. ;)

Of course, it depends on what you want. DVC isn't even on my radar for our next trip, because I'd be traveling with 5 kids, and most DVC units (in particular, the DVC units I'm most interested in) don't have DR tables that seat even six. We like to get together and hang out around a table while snacking or fooling around on computers, and that's just not an option with DVC.

Most Orlando 2 BRs that sleep eight will seat at least six around the DR table -- DVCs the only one I've looked into that doesn't -- but the other reason I'm considering Bonnet Creek is the lazy rivers. Bonnet Creek's the one closest to WDW with a proper lazy river (Stormalong Bay may be nifty, but in the lazy river department it's seriously lacking).

We're planning on doing all the parks that trip as well -- if you average the distances, Bonnet Creek is only one minute further than the Epcot resorts from the parks, and a couple of minutes closer than BLT. But if I were planning to just hit one of the parks, then various DVC resorts would have the clear advantage on that front.

I can see situations where I'd rather stay DVC, even at twice the price, but I'm not sold on the idea that DVC is better overall. For larger families, anyhow, I think Bonnet Creek is the one with the clear advantage.

Own DVC and Wyndham.

Wyndham wins hands down when travelling with extended family and family meals etc are important. DVC units are just not big enough to have a nice big dining room table to accommodate Christmas dinner.

DVC units come with horrible cable selections. My favorite station when staying at a DVC resort is the weather channel. Not that we go to watch TV, but it's great for a rainy day or in the evening to relax.

We typically stay DVC when we are not going to the parks, but rather are just going to relax, rent boats, etc. The DVC resorts just have a better resort feel.

We just got back from BCV and I will say the cleanliness of the unit was somewhat lacking and there were lots of little maintenance issues.

I refrain from declaring one is better than the other the experiences are different and our family enjoys both.

I was hoping someone can let me know their thoughts on the shuttles to the parks. We are on the fence on whether to stay at WBC or a house off-site.

If we stay off-site we will need a minimum of two car rentals (we have a large group). If we stay at WBC with the shuttles we can eliminate a big chunk of $$.

Please let me know your pros/cons.

Thanks!:goodvibes

Could someone please send me a link or info for Farrell? Tried to goggle but not sure what I'm looking for.

Thank you!

Wyndham wins hands down when travelling with extended family and family meals etc are important. DVC units are just not big enough to have a nice big dining room table to accommodate Christmas dinner.
This is one of the things that does annoy me about DVC units. The worst offenders are BWV/VWL where you'd be lucky to fit three people around the "dining table" in a unit that claims to sleep eight. We really only eat breakfast "in" on a regular basis, but it's still bothersome that we can't do it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter