The Tunkkari Christmas Trip Part 4--Katja gets lost, Mom panics!

2belles'mom

Mouseketeer
At about 8:40 we headed for Tomorrowland to ride Buzz. On the way over we finally ran into some characters, Esmerelda and Jasmine--Katja was thrilled to get their autographs as she had not seen them on our last trip. When we got to Tomorrowland it was UH OH!-- the place was packed, long lines everywhere, so we went to Liberty square to snag spots for the parade. We parked the double stroller right under the rope about 20 minutes before the parade was scheduled to pass us (at 9:20). We had perfect viewing spots--no one in front or behind of us. When the announcer came on the PA to herald the beginning of the parade, I got tingles. Mickey and Minnie, decked out in their holiday finery, started the festivities, pulled in a sleigh. We were treated to dancing Christmas Trees, Toy soldiers, floats full of characters (including the princesses and their entourages), Mrs. Clause baking gingerbread (which you could SMELL!), and wonderful music and effects. Without a doubt it was the best parade I have ever seen. The girls were mesmerized.

After the parade we went back to Fantasyland. By this time the lines were quite long for the rides. Katja caught sight of Belle on stage by the Dumbo ride. She was telling the story of Belle's Enchanted Christmas, which Katja has on video. Belle has children from the audience play various parts from the story as she tells it. We were catching the tail-end of the performance, but Katja really wanted to see it. Katja and David wormed into the seating area to get a better view (it was standing room only at this point). About 2 minutes later I lifted Annika from the stroller and the thing tipped over, dumping our stuff including the video camera. I asked David, who was about 6 or 7 feet away from me with Katja, to help upright it as I was holding the baby. Just as he was uprighting it, the show ended, the crowd stood and began to disperse. I walked forward, trying to spot Katja in the surge of people. I did not see her, despite the fact that I had been no more than 8 or 9 steps away! David and I were both calling her name and circling the theater as the crowd grew thinner. After several minutes of this we began to attract attention. Concerned moms and dads approached us and offered their help. We described our daughter and soon had a small platoon looking. David left to find a cast member.

After about 15 minutes of this I began to panic. The only thing I could think of was the incident at Disneyland a couple of years ago where the little girl was nabbed. They got her at the exit, but not before the nabbers and cut her hair short and dyed it black! The CMs took me into the Pinnochio eatery and got me a drink and tried to calm me down (i must have been a mess!). They then took me to the audience area to wait in case Katja showed up there. Some of the families who were helping earlier were still there--people are so nice! Then, I spotted David walking toward me, carrying our wayward daughter. Relief flooded through me! A cast member had found her on the other side of Fantasyland.

We watched the Belle story from the beginning, then found ourselves immersed in the wondrous fireworks dispay--a special edition with surround displays. It was a fitting finale for our evening. After the fireworks we wandered to tomorrowland, got our complimentary hot chocolate and cookies, then took a leisurley stroll down Main Street where the snow continued to fall. All in all, magical night (with the exception of a half hour or so of panick!). We walked from MK to the CR, got in the car, and headed to the hotel.

Next--the rest of the gang arrives!

2belles'mom

[This message was edited by 2belles'mom on 01-06-01 at 05:24 PM.]

[This message was edited by 2belles'mom on 01-06-01 at 07:47 PM.]

Oh My what a horrible feeling that was. I experienced this once too with my son when he was 4 and like you I had a happy ending. My son is now 16 and I still remember all too well the feeling. I enjoyed reading your trip report and thanks for Posting!

wow! What a night.

mickey68.gif

It was my biggest fear when dd was younger that she would wander off somewhere - lucky she never did. Glad she was found. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter