The Sugies Do Disney: Part 2! - A Nov '16 TR *Completed*New TR link 11/20

Oh my gosh, I love the Buzz ride and I am TERRIBLE at it! I always feel like I'm doing super good and then I see my score...womp womp. Nope!

I like the picture of the castle from the People Mover!!

I can't wait to do Carousel of Progress in May. It's been way too long since I've done it, and it's one of my favorites.

If you can keep that kind of focus on Buzz and find one of those big targets, you'll hit 999999 one of these days. I have faith. :rotfl2:

We were surprised how much we like Pinocchio Village Haus (though the seating is very close together so hard to navigate with a stroller). That's great you got a table overlooking It's a Small World!

I think the best thing about when they moved Dumbo for the new Fantasyland expansion was the water and lighting at night - so pretty!

Liz looks to be taking Buzz very seriously!

I think it's a pretty decent QS place! And I certainly love the view!

Totally agree, so beautiful.

Hahaha she does!

You really got a fantastic view for the Casle lighting ceremony! Great pics!
Also love your nighttime Dumbo pics

Thank you very much :)

Your photo from Buzz is priceless! You were concentrating so hard on getting a good score.

Hahah thanks! Our concentration obviously didn't pay off! :rotfl2:

Your nighttime MK pictures are stunning!

Thank you! :)

Oh my gosh, I love the Buzz ride and I am TERRIBLE at it! I always feel like I'm doing super good and then I see my score...womp womp. Nope!

I like the picture of the castle from the People Mover!!

I can't wait to do Carousel of Progress in May. It's been way too long since I've done it, and it's one of my favorites.

I enjoy it too, but am never any good at it!

Thanks!

I love Carousel of Progress, such a classic! I hope you finally get to go on it again in May!

If you can keep that kind of focus on Buzz and find one of those big targets, you'll hit 999999 one of these days. I have faith. :rotfl2:

:rotfl: I appreciate the confidence!

Love the nighttime pics. Its so pretty in the parks then.

Thanks! I completely agree!

November 6th- Wishes!

It was getting close to 10pm, so we hustled over to Main Street to find a spot for Wishes!

It was hard not to get a little teary eyed! There is just something so special about this show! It's sad knowing this was probably my last time seeing it. I will miss it a lot!

Up next...We check out the new projection show!

It was getting close to 10pm, so we hustled over to Main Street to find a spot for Wishes!
... a.k.a. "Wishes O'Clock"

Love your Wishes pics with the lit up castle ... well, other than that person's head in the middle ... so I Disneyfied it a bit for ya ;)
Mickey head castle cutout pic.jpg

It was hard not to get a little teary eyed! There is just something so special about this show! It's sad knowing this was probably my last time seeing it. I will miss it a lot!

I have such mixed feels about the new show. Wishes is very emotional for me - just something about being on Main St with your family/friends and hearing that music and Jiminy Cricket talking about wishes, etc.

That said, it is 14 years old and had to change at some point. I will say that in watching the preview for the new show the music was giving me similar feelings as I get from Wishes so I am cautiously optimistic about the new show

**sigh** Wishes is everything! I just love it!!! It's hard to imagine another night-time show topping it....... eek! But like TheMaxRebo said, let's be cautiously optimistic :)

Fell behind a little, love MK at night. My DD is so upset about the end of Wishes, we will be there in 6 days so we will get to see it one last time, great pictures.

... a.k.a. "Wishes O'Clock"

Love your Wishes pics with the lit up castle ... well, other than that person's head in the middle ... so I Disneyfied it a bit for ya ;)
View attachment 219609

I have such mixed feels about the new show. Wishes is very emotional for me - just something about being on Main St with your family/friends and hearing that music and Jiminy Cricket talking about wishes, etc.

That said, it is 14 years old and had to change at some point. I will say that in watching the preview for the new show the music was giving me similar feelings as I get from Wishes so I am cautiously optimistic about the new show

Wishes O Clock! We won't be able to use that term much longer!

Thanks for sprucing up my picture!! Definitely looks much better (and more Disney) now!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

My feelings are pretty much the same as yours. I totally understand the need for change and new things, and I am sure the new show will be wonderful! But Wishes holds a special place in so many people's hearts, so it will be sorely missed. I think I will miss hearing Jiminy Cricket the most of anything!

**sigh** Wishes is everything! I just love it!!! It's hard to imagine another night-time show topping it....... eek! But like TheMaxRebo said, let's be cautiously optimistic :)

I agree! I will miss it so much, but certainly curious as to what the new show will be like!

Fell behind a little, love MK at night. My DD is so upset about the end of Wishes, we will be there in 6 days so we will get to see it one last time, great pictures.

Have a wonderful time on your trip! I am glad you will get to see Wishes one more time!

Happy Valentine's Day!

November 6th- Once Upon a Time

We didn't wander too far once the fireworks were over since we also wanted to catch the new projection show "Once Upon a Time".

We both REALLY loved this show! I always enjoyed Celebrate the Magic, but it was never something I was in love with. I really enjoyed this new show and how it centered around Mrs. Potts telling bedtime stories to Chip. Very cute!

We took some final PP pictures before heading out!

So while the morning may have gotten off to a weird start, the rest of our day couldn't have gone any better! We did so many rides/character meets and really took advantage of using the app to get extra FPs!

When we got back to the hotel, I needed one more Disney treat before bed, so settled on a Mickey ice cream sandwich :)

We were back in the room by midnight and took some showers before falling right asleep!

Up next...We head to the dark side!

I cannot WAIT to see Once Upon a Time. Your pictures of it turned out great, and my favorite is the one with the clock :lovestruc It's gorgeous.

It never fails that I read reports while hungry, and see food...now I need a Mickey ice cream sandwich!!

Glad you enjoyed Once Upon a Time ... definitely interested to see how it fits in with the new Happily Ever After show. The names alone make it seem like they will be connected (the beginning of and then the ending of a story) but hope it still seems like two distinct shows and not a projection show followed by a projection show with some fireworks. I am cautiously optimistic though!

Good choice on your snack!

Isn't Once Upon a Time amazing?? I always really loved Celebrate the Magic, so I had high expectations for the new show, but it is just wonderful!!

From what I've heard, Once Upon a Time plays right into the new fireworks show, so it's good news that you really enjoyed it.
Love the Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich back at Sports. The best way to round out a day in the MK!

I cannot WAIT to see Once Upon a Time. Your pictures of it turned out great, and my favorite is the one with the clock :lovestruc It's gorgeous.

It never fails that I read reports while hungry, and see food...now I need a Mickey ice cream sandwich!!

I think you are going to enjoy it!!

Haha that always happens to me too!

Glad you enjoyed Once Upon a Time ... definitely interested to see how it fits in with the new Happily Ever After show. The names alone make it seem like they will be connected (the beginning of and then the ending of a story) but hope it still seems like two distinct shows and not a projection show followed by a projection show with some fireworks. I am cautiously optimistic though!

Good choice on your snack!

It will be interesting to see if/how they tie together!

Thanks!

Isn't Once Upon a Time amazing?? I always really loved Celebrate the Magic, so I had high expectations for the new show, but it is just wonderful!!

Such a wonderful show! I was really impressed!

From what I've heard, Once Upon a Time plays right into the new fireworks show, so it's good news that you really enjoyed it.
Love the Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich back at Sports. The best way to round out a day in the MK!

I really enjoyed it, so I hope that means I will enjoy the new fireworks as well!

I agree, Mickey snacks are the perfect way to end the day!

November 7th - Universal Studios

Today we were spending our day at Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure! This would be the first time Liz & I experienced these parks together! We took an Uber, which ended up being very cheap compared to a cab! The security line was empty and we were walking through City Walk by 8am!

Our first park was going to be Universal. We were confused when they were already letting people in but then realized it was a Magic Morning for resort guests. It is funny to me that they let EVERYONE into the park, just not onto the rides unless you have the proper credentials. Since we were pretty early, we got some breakfast at the little cafe near the entrance and just sat around with the intention of heading to Despicable Me as soon as the park opened to all guests. At around 8:50am, they began to allow guests in. We were all ready to head onto Despicable Me when we noticed...the ride was down :( What bad luck as we saw it was functioning fine for earlier guests! Slightly bummed, we headed to our next destination- Diagon Alley!

I took this picture remembering that @khertz 's DS loved the "throwing up kid" :rotfl:

This was my first time getting to see Diagon Alley and I was thoroughly impressed! I have said it before, but I am not a Harry Potter fan at all. However, I still appreciate everything these parks have done in regards to themeing and its rides!

We headed onto Gringotts, which I believe was posted at a 45 minute wait. I think it took just about that, maybe a little less.

I LOVED this ride, probably more than the Forbidden Journey! Very cool!

Up next...more Harry Potter action!

Yes! Universal!!

We had such a rough first visit there, but I'm starting to get the bug to plan another visit soon.

I am a huge HP fan, and I cried when I walked into Diagon Alley for the first time. It was overwhelming and perfect...I'm so glad you enjoyed it too! I think the theming there is so perfect.

I'm sorry Despicable Me was down! I hope you get to ride it...it was one of the rides we never made it on.

Universal is so fun! It's nice that you can appreciate the HP-ness of everything even if you aren't a huge fan. I've heard great things about Gringotts and I can't wait to ride it on my trip this summer! That's such a bummer about Despicable Me; hopefully you'll get to ride it later!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter