The Sims 2....Share your screens and stories here!

Nope, nowhere near each other. I have one of those camera mods so you can see the whole neighborhood. I put the trailer park up in the hills. LOL

I'm going to have to hunt down that "Velvet Elvis". :laughing:

I have one of those mods, too. I LOVE it.

If you want some trashed items and one of the paintings, look here.

Hey, Can anyone tell me which expansion packs/add on packs they felt were worth buying since SEASONS?
We have NLife, SUni, Pets, OpenFB, Happy Holidays, and of course, Seasons. I don't want every pack that has come out since, but wouldn't mind maybe one or two more.

I had wished for a few years now, that they would come out with a pack devoted entirely to Halloween, with objects containing new interactions. Would love that! thnx

Hey, Can anyone tell me which expansion packs/add on packs they felt were worth buying since SEASONS?
We have NLife, SUni, Pets, OpenFB, Happy Holidays, and of course, Seasons. I don't want every pack that has come out since, but wouldn't mind maybe one or two more.

I had wished for a few years now, that they would come out with a pack devoted entirely to Halloween, with objects containing new interactions. Would love that! thnx

Well, Apartment Life features Witches, you may like that. :) And The Sims 2 official website has many downloadable Halloween objects.

I'd reccomend Bon Voyage and Glamour Life Stuff. :thumbsup2

I have seen it, but not sure what it is.

I am currently playing lost in the blue 2, are they close?

I think Free Time is a must. It adds a lot of dimension to your Sims. I really like Bon Voyage too, but if you don't want all the expansion packs, I'd go fo Free time first.

I just got the Ikea Stuff pack, and that is neat but probably not worth $20. If you can get it cheaper, it's worth it.

I have seen it, but not sure what it is.

I am currently playing lost in the blue 2, are they close?

I am not familiar with that game so I can't tell you if it's similar to Sims. Sims is basically a game where you create people who live in a town and you run every aspect of their life from their families to their careers. It's more detailed than that but that's a basic overview.

OK, simmers!

How about some apartment reports?

I reset the original three neighborhoods. In Pleasantview, I loved the Caliente sisters and Don Lothario into a low-rent apartment building. It just seems like the way they were always meant to be anyway.

I put the Dreamers, the Pleasants and the Brokes into one building. I even got the Pleasant twins into magic. Angela is a good witch and Lilith is evil. It's so cool! They live in a 2BR apartment and they share a room. The decor splits the room down the middle. They still hate each other.

twins

twins2

twins3

twins4

I also created a trailer park with 6 units. Each has its own theme and price. The cheapest lots are the trashed lot and Ikea lot. The mid-size lots feature Asian and techie/geek decor respectively. The double-wides have Tropical and Wilderness decor.

I've also been converting some previous attempts at aprtments I had downloaded into the real things. I have quite a few buildings now and I've been combining a lot of single households into one lot.

I even made a retirement home, where older couples can go live after their children have all grown up.

This pack has been a lot of fun and I haven't even touched the surface with witches very much. I had one family get a butler once but they dismissed him soon. It seems like all of the NPCs that move into empty units are elders and look the same. Was that done on purpose?

What have y'all been doing?

Now you're making me want to buy this game. But my computer just wasn't strong enough when I added the Business pack, so I haven't played in a long time. I'd love to get a laptop that can play these games without blowing up.

Now you're making me want to buy this game. But my computer just wasn't strong enough when I added the Business pack, so I haven't played in a long time. I'd love to get a laptop that can play these games without blowing up.

Check www.gotapex.com. Every day, they post steal of a deal prices on Dell PCs and laptops.

Dang, that site is amazing! Has anyone here ever bought stuff from/through them?

Thanks,
agnes!

Actually, this is how my parents and relatives buy their computers. They have never had problems with ordering or the merchandise. DH is the computer guru in the family, but he doesn't have time to build new PCs for everyone, so he refers them to gotapex.

The site is basically a clearing house for all kinds of deals and you are buying from Dell directly. Dell just advertises there and gotapex gets a little kick-back for each sale.

I order mine from Cyberpower, since I like to customize for my purposes....gaming, web design, etc.

I forgot to add that if you're looking for a PC for simming, take the system Requirements on the box as a bare-bones minimum. Meeting those alone will result in a laggy game and restrictions on number of sims milling around, etc. Lots of RAM and a good video card with lots of its own RAM are key.

Besides, The Sims 3 comes out next year. I hope my PC will handle it.

Thanks for sharing your screenshots. I will post some of mine tonight when I'm at home. I LOVE Apartment Life! I think apartments are great for single Sims especially.

I love you screenshots.:)

So far I love it. Unfortunately, I believe I got hit with the SecuRom issue and had to go thru the steps to remove it. Now I'm afraid to load the games back on. I know I can play cleanly with a no-crack cd but I have never used anything like that.

I love you screenshots.:)

So far I love it. Unfortunately, I believe I got hit with the SecuRom issue and had to go thru the steps to remove it. Now I'm afraid to load the games back on. I know I can play cleanly with a no-crack cd but I have never used anything like that.

Yes, I am no fan. When I ordered my new PC I specifically avoided getting a CD/DVD burner, so I could sidestep some of the emulation crap.

I have no experience with nor can vouch for the cracked versions. Anyone? I have friends who quit buying and have said they might look into it.

Yes, I am no fan. When I ordered my new PC I specifically avoided getting a CD/DVD burner, so I could sidestep some of the emulation crap.

I have no experience with nor can vouch for the cracked versions. Anyone? I have friends who quit buying and have said they might look into it.

Me either. I used the info on MATY to clean SecuRom off my computer and they have some information on cracks. But I'm still on the fence.

I've been playing the Sims games forever, starting with the original Sim City in the early 90's. It sucks that the crappy emulation software they use is causing problems with playing the games and/or affecting folks' hardware.

Sorry -forgot to post sooner. These are a little small as I forgot to change the camera size, but I think you get the idea

Signing the lease to my Sims' first apartment:

lease.jpg

Being twirled by her new husband as they danced at their wedding

dancetwirl.jpg

Playing peek-a-boo with the twins

peek-a-boo.jpg

peek-a-boo2.jpg

The twins "Huggle"

huggle.jpg

Hey guys.. I was in Best Buy yesterday and noticed that they are pre-selling a Sims 3 Collectors edition pack complete with a Sim 4gb flash drive! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter