The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Hmm I am not sure how they are set up. I do know our confirmation email came from RCI. I will have to ask her. Thanks for responding!
Well then yes, if a confirmation comes from RCI then you are trading back into the resort (we do that sometimes too). You can put in a DL request for whatever you want within the confines of the type of unit and checkin date on your confirmation.

I thought I would share some of my pictures from our most recent stay (April 24th to May 1st). It is still as beautiful as ever :cloud9:.

Looks beautiful!! We are counting down the days! When you stayed last October were there still quite a few people at the resort?

Looks beautiful!! We are counting down the days! When you stayed last October were there still quite a few people at the resort?

We have never found the resort to "feel" busy, even when it was at capacity. We've stayed during some pretty high occupancy times, too.....even Christmas week felt very peaceful and crowd-free. We are very much looking forward to our week there this October!

We just booked our first stay at Vistana Resort this July. We booked a 2br villa but with the single beds in the 2nd bedroom. That is fine for us since my kids will not sleep together anyway. One of them will stay on the sleeper sofa instead. Anyway I was looking through the beginning of this thread but it is a few years old. Does the hotel still provide free wireless internet for only one device? I'm really disappointed to read that. With 3 teenagers that might have made me book someplace else. The website is misleading. It says free wifi. It doesn't indicate it's only for 1 device. Can anyone clarify? Thanks so much.

We just booked our first stay at Vistana Resort this July. We booked a 2br villa but with the single beds in the 2nd bedroom. That is fine for us since my kids will not sleep together anyway. One of them will stay on the sleeper sofa instead. Anyway I was looking through the beginning of this thread but it is a few years old. Does the hotel still provide free wireless internet for only one device? I'm really disappointed to read that. With 3 teenagers that might have made me book someplace else. The website is misleading. It says free wifi. It doesn't indicate it's only for 1 device. Can anyone clarify? Thanks so much.

We have been owners at the resort for many years, and it has never been restricted to one device within our time there. There are two levels of internet available, with the premium (paid) level being added about 3 years ago now. Basic internet is restricted to 4 devices, although we have been able to go beyond that. The speed is slower, but is all we need for email and reserving restaurants or searching shopping deals. We generally have a multitude of smart phones, tablets, and laptops connected. Yes, it can be slow at peak times, but it is all we need. If you need more speed or connections, then pay for the premium service; can be done by day if you want, so upgrade for a rainy day if the kids are going stir crazy and need to game. It can be a bit of a trick to connect phones due to the authentication, but your teens should be able to do it. That may be where the rumor of a single connection comes from.

We have decided to drive down for a March break trip next year. It's a bonus trip and won't include Disney parks. We may do a few Universal days if our power passes aren't blocked out (these were purchased months ago), SeaWorld (airmiles tickets) and we may splurge for a waterpark. We know crowds will be thick, but we also know we will be craving a getaway from winter at that point in the year. We agreed that because this is a bonus trip it is being done for roughly half of what we normally spend on a trip. Hence, driving down, using passes we already have, and just enjoying lots of pool time. We loved our Vistana stay in 2014. I think it would be perfect for a trip like the one we have planned. We'd have the kitchen to save on meal costs, and the beautiful pools and amenities for recreation. I see over at SkyAuction I can get a two bedroom for roughly $1000 USD. I doubt I will do much better than that for prime Spring Break season. I just hope it's still being offered when I am ready to purchase. I have to pay off our October Universal trip first.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to another visit to Vistana. Our plans could very well change before then, but both dh and I feel it would be the best choice for us in March.

We have decided to drive down for a March break trip next year. It's a bonus trip and won't include Disney parks. We may do a few Universal days if our power passes aren't blocked out (these were purchased months ago), SeaWorld (airmiles tickets) and we may splurge for a waterpark. We know crowds will be thick, but we also know we will be craving a getaway from winter at that point in the year. We agreed that because this is a bonus trip it is being done for roughly half of what we normally spend on a trip. Hence, driving down, using passes we already have, and just enjoying lots of pool time. We loved our Vistana stay in 2014. I think it would be perfect for a trip like the one we have planned. We'd have the kitchen to save on meal costs, and the beautiful pools and amenities for recreation. I see over at SkyAuction I can get a two bedroom for roughly $1000 USD. I doubt I will do much better than that for prime Spring Break season. I just hope it's still being offered when I am ready to purchase. I have to pay off our October Universal trip first.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to another visit to Vistana. Our plans could very well change before then, but both dh and I feel it would be the best choice for us in March.

That's right around the same amount that owners pay for maintenance fees (I think ours were $963 this year), so not a bad price.....especially for spring break. Rates for SVR through SkyAuction seem to have increased quite a bit across all the seasons, so I'm thinking the secret it out of how awesome the resort is :).

We have just booked a 2 week stay in August for 900 each week, using the awesome resource that the Timeshare Users Group is.

For the first time we will be checking in on Friday instead of Saturday. Our preference is Fountains 1 overlooking a pond (not the pool). the resort map has blue, green and red units. Which color is Friday checkins?

thanks!

I am pretty sure the regular price is around $5 per person, and family nights were $10 per family. The family deal is pretty sweet, really....especially if there are four or more golfers. I know they offered the family golf night multiple times over the week.

There is also a Hawaiian Rumble right across the highway from the resort, and a Pirates Cove in the Crossroads (if you are looking for more elaborately themed mini golf experiences). Congo River still has them all topped, though!!
Thanks, we can't wait just 2 more days!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter