• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*The Secret to September* 2015 TR COMPLETED 3/26/16

i adore this trip.. you guys are such a HOOT!!! make it all look SO MUCH FUN!
yes you needed a hot tub relaxation night glad you had it!
ya know we have never stopped for the hands in the cement either! must do next time!
your RnR phots are such a hoot! hope you don't mind me stealing that pose?!?!

It really was fun! I miss it already!

The hands in the cement was just a nice little 20 minutes. And such fun!

Steal away! Kat is a pro, I'm making a photo series on shutterfly, it's gonna be good!

Awe, your baby is getting big! She is so cute!!! I love her little Witch costume, it's adorable! I love that she is so into The Nightmare Before Christmas and that she sings parts of the song, that is awesome!!!!!

Wow, the pictures of Hallowishes look awesome!!! Definitely looks like a great spot!

Sorry about your sister's hand, but I can see why it is a laughable moment now.

Love the castle shots as you were leaving, gorgeous!

She is so big, too big! They grow so fast.

Thanks for the photo compliments. My honey is the photo guy in the fam, so I'm always trying to get tips from him.

The butt hand moment will go down in Disney infamy for my family!!

Well, I tried to go through and quote parts as I read. But the Disboards must not have liked that because when I went to insert them it said it couldn't find them... Anyway, it looks like a fun trip. I hope the dining plan drama ended up being something that was easily fixed. It kind of makes me nervous after the problems you'd already had with Photopass being tied to your sister's MB.

And no, that was definitely not the right way for the CM to handle it. In your sister's defense, the whole MDE and MB system is very convoluted without many explanations of what you're doing. I can totally see how she could have made that simple mistake, unknowingly. On our trip, I actually made my solo single night Reservation on a separate MDE account that I set up on another e-mail just so that I wouldn't have to worry about something funky screwing with my account for the main part of our stay.

But Disney's lack of explanations also kind of ties into the issue you had with the family getting on a hostess because they didn't have an ADR. You went in September, so I'm going to assume free dining was in effect? I think Disney causes these kinds of problems with free dining. They get people to book, they think because they have the dining package or free dining that they can just eat wherever or whenever they want. I can't defend someone for being rude to a CM who has no control over it, but if they aren't a die hard Disney geek who hangs around boards like this, I can definitely see their confusion and lack of understanding that you have to book ADR's 6 months ahead.

I've got to admit... I'm kind of slow when it comes to Disneybounding. I've heard of it, but I swear I'd never seen it in the parks. Then on this last trip, I'm walking through the parks and I see this lady walking by and I'm like "Holy crap! She's Disneybounding as Snow White!" About 5 minutes later, I see a Disneybounder who was clearly going for the Ariel look. So I felt like I'd finally figured it out and was going to continue to watch for Disneybounders the rest of the trip.

Never noticed another one the whole time. :rotfl2: I'm sure I saw some, I'm just pretty oblivious to it unless it is blatantly obvious.

Anyway... after the hints (like the ears) or the explanations, I appreciate your Disneybounding efforts. You're going to think this is ridiculous, but the only one I actually figured out right away was your Darth Vader. :rotfl:

I'm glad you managed to get by the windows at CRT. I've been there twice, and honestly, I don't think it is worth it if you're not by the windows. The experience in the back of the restaurant kind of sucks.

I'm sorry that the Halloween party wasn't as much fun as you'd have liked. Maybe you should have slept in a little later on your sleep in day. I'm really sorry the wait was so long for such crappy candy though! I've always heard about how good the treats are there. That's a huge disappointment. At least you got to enjoy Hallowishes and parade before hitting the wall and calling it a night.

Your rocking out pictures outside of RnRc.... awesome!

I'm glad you had CM there to help with the lines... I really noticed on our trip, that the parks were much more crowded than typical for the time of year. I think that people are really starting to come back to the parks in pre-recession numbers now.

Well, I tried to go through and quote parts as I read. But the Disboards must not have liked that because when I went to insert them it said it couldn't find them... Anyway, it looks like a fun trip. I hope the dining plan drama ended up being something that was easily fixed. It kind of makes me nervous after the problems you'd already had with Photopass being tied to your sister's MB.

BINGO! It did end up being cause of my sis being a CM, I'll cover that in the new update...

And no, that was definitely not the right way for the CM to handle it. In your sister's defense, the whole MDE and MB system is very convoluted without many explanations of what you're doing. I can totally see how she could have made that simple mistake, unknowingly. On our trip, I actually made my solo single night Reservation on a separate MDE account that I set up on another e-mail just so that I wouldn't have to worry about something funky screwing with my account for the main part of our stay.

The system, while being a great way to plan together, has a long way to go before it's user friendly.

But Disney's lack of explanations also kind of ties into the issue you had with the family getting on a hostess because they didn't have an ADR. You went in September, so I'm going to assume free dining was in effect? I think Disney causes these kinds of problems with free dining. They get people to book, they think because they have the dining package or free dining that they can just eat wherever or whenever they want. I can't defend someone for being rude to a CM who has no control over it, but if they aren't a die hard Disney geek who hangs around boards like this, I can definitely see their confusion and lack of understanding that you have to book ADR's 6 months ahead.

I totally agree. I feel bad for people who go to WDW thinking it's 1990 and they can just go and do everything. Things have changed! More epople go and there are people who are VERY serious about their trips! You will miss out if you don't do your research.

I've got to admit... I'm kind of slow when it comes to Disneybounding. I've heard of it, but I swear I'd never seen it in the parks. Then on this last trip, I'm walking through the parks and I see this lady walking by and I'm like "Holy crap! She's Disneybounding as Snow White!" About 5 minutes later, I see a Disneybounder who was clearly going for the Ariel look. So I felt like I'd finally figured it out and was going to continue to watch for Disneybounders the rest of the trip.

I totally never once noticed it, until I read about it online!

Never noticed another one the whole time. :rotfl2: I'm sure I saw some, I'm just pretty oblivious to it unless it is blatantly obvious.

This was our first effort in DisneyBounding and it was fun, I highly suggest it for any adults who wanna get into the dress up part of WDW!

Anyway... after the hints (like the ears) or the explanations, I appreciate your Disneybounding efforts. You're going to think this is ridiculous, but the only one I actually figured out right away was your Darth Vader. :rotfl:

YES!! That one is my favorite,. cause I wear that exact outfit ALL. THE. TIME! Makes me have a little bit of a Disney/Dark Side feel in my everyday life!

I'm glad you managed to get by the windows at CRT. I've been there twice, and honestly, I don't think it is worth it if you're not by the windows. The experience in the back of the restaurant kind of sucks.

Yeah, we won't be eating there again, unless DD is like a die hard princess fanatic, like a certain little lady you know...

I'm sorry that the Halloween party wasn't as much fun as you'd have liked. Maybe you should have slept in a little later on your sleep in day. I'm really sorry the wait was so long for such crappy candy though! I've always heard about how good the treats are there. That's a huge disappointment. At least you got to enjoy Hallowishes and parade before hitting the wall and calling it a night.

It was a classic mistake on our part, honestly. We should have skipped rides, and just done party stuff. And I agree tat if we had just slept in late, and chilled before the party, maybe even gone in later, we would have enjoyed it more. We tried to do too much, and in the end it bit us in the rear.

Your rocking out pictures outside of RnRc.... awesome!

I love those photos!

I'm glad you had CM there to help with the lines... I really noticed on our trip, that the parks were much more crowded than typical for the time of year. I think that people are really starting to come back to the parks in pre-recession numbers now.

Yep! Without her passes we would have been in some serious lines. I agree that people are spending more again, and it's on stuff like Disney. I work for Nordstrom and we haven't bounced back cause statistics are showing people are spending their money on experiences more so than on stuff. Vacations and dining out our up! And that's great! I am SUPER glad Kat was able to get us those passes though; our 5 park days would not have been so successful without her!

I swear I didn't Abandon You Guys!
OK, so, I know it seems like I abandoned this TR, but I totally didn’t! The holidays were just crazy at work, not to mention at home; we wanted to see as much o our family as we could, which is no small task, especially with a very head strong one year old. Any who, I just lost track of time, and really didn’t get back on the DIS until maybe a week ago! Thanks to those who have stuck around!

Back to the business at hand: When we last left off we had hit the hay on our HS day, but I forgot to mention the dining issues at Guest Services. When we came back to the hotel mom and Kat headed to the room to shower and such, while I headed to Guest Services to see what was up with our FD Credits. By my calculations we should have had more (I can’t remember how many now) but we were showing as not having any! The woman at the counter was so nice, and took the time to not just look into the issue, but to fix it. Once again since Kat was a CM and that was linked to her MB our reservation had some glitches. We were credited back for two TS meals and she was nice enough to take a bunch of our snacks off the bill as well. I gotta say, this was a major headache, but most every CM we chatted to about it was super nice and helpful.

So there’s that. When we woke up it was early on Friday September 18th. This was our last park day and we were headed back to the MK (I love that we bookened the trip with MK) for some EMH that morning. You can see in the photos how puffy everyone was at this point; a combo of more salt than we are used to and likely too little water. We drove to MK this day as we intended to stay there all day. That’s right, no scheduled breaks outside of the park. Open to close, like when we were young; like a couple of lunatics…

WARNING: I am missing some photos from MM; they’re on my desktop at home and not here at work, but I wanted to get this update done, so those MM pics will have to come in the next installment.

We got up, got dressed (my favorite Disney Bounding this trip; you’ll see why), got coffee and hit the road! When we arrived we still had some time before they opened the gates to let everyone in for EMH. I assumed that we would be missing the Welcome Show since the park wasn’t open to everyone, but much to my pleasant surprise they had an open show for EMH!!!

[/URL
]

[/URL]

I got a great surprise here: I sing “Good Morning” from Singing in the Rain to my DD when she wakes up. I must have forgotten that it was part of the open show cause I was SUPER excited when they started singing it! We went through the gates into the MK, for the last time this trip.

Our first stop was in New Fantasyland; we just had to start our morning with SDMT!! We waited Standby for this one; posted about 15 minutes and we got the magic red card!!

[/URL]

After our great ride we headed over to Enchanted Tales With Belle. It seemed appropriate considering our Bounding for the day. I really enjoyed this show the few times we went. And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the themeing.

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

When we went into the Casting Closet, we had a group of very shy youngsters; not many of the kids wanted to participate. So, I did my very best ROAR and was selected to play the Beast! I rose to the occasion, with grace and style.

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

Kat was also chosen to play the wardrobe!

[/URL]

[/URL]

This was so much fun, and the Belle was SO good. She was sweet and didn’t make me feel weird for being a grown adult playing pretend.

We left Belle’s cottage a headed to visit some fish friends at VOTLM! We stopped for some pics in front of Gaston’s tavern.

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/missmaryqc/media/IMG_0384_zpsjdveycpb.jpg.html

http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/missmaryqc/media/IMG_0384_zpsjdveycpb.jpg.html
[/URL]

It was time for us to head to a very coveted ADR. That’s right folks I managed to snag us a breakfast at Be Our Guest!!!

We’ll cover that in the next update. TTFN friends.

Back to the business at hand: When we last left off we had hit the hay on our HS day, but I forgot to mention the dining issues at Guest Services. When we came back to the hotel mom and Kat headed to the room to shower and such, while I headed to Guest Services to see what was up with our FD Credits. By my calculations we should have had more (I can’t remember how many now) but we were showing as not having any! The woman at the counter was so nice, and took the time to not just look into the issue, but to fix it. Once again since Kat was a CM and that was linked to her MB our reservation had some glitches. We were credited back for two TS meals and she was nice enough to take a bunch of our snacks off the bill as well. I gotta say, this was a major headache, but most every CM we chatted to about it was super nice and helpful.
Yuck. Sorry for the frustration, but I'm glad they were at least helpful about getting things resolved for you.

So there’s that. When we woke up it was early on Friday September 18th. This was our last park day and we were headed back to the MK (I love that we bookened the trip with MK) for some EMH that morning.
There's no other way. Gotta start and end at MK.

That’s right, no scheduled breaks outside of the park. Open to close, like when we were young; like a couple of lunatics…
Is there any other way to do it?

Awesome! Congratulations on getting to be the Beast! I'm not sure I've ever seen an adult get to do that.

Yuck. Sorry for the frustration, but I'm glad they were at least helpful about getting things resolved for you.

C'est la vie! When we planned we knew we'd pay a few meals and things OOP, so there wasn't any real harm done, just some time spent. And yes, the CMs being so pleansant about it really made it less annoying!

There's no other way. Gotta start and end at MK.

Right?! I enjoy all the parks really, but MK is just so DISNEY!

Is there any other way to do it?

Oye vey, I was so stinking tired at this point, I wasn't sure we'd make it all day! Turns out we are three old ladies!

Awesome! Congratulations on getting to be the Beast! I'm not sure I've ever seen an adult get to do that.

Heehee! It was a hoot. And Belle never once broke character!

A Small Correction

So I got my photobucket, sorta under control now. I really need to organize that mess better. BUT my computer is another story. We have this new windows and I hate it. I have pictures all over the place, and I'm not really sure how to get them... The fella is gonna need to help me here, for sure!

I was looking over my last posting, to see what pictures I was missing and I forgot to add the best guest interaction we had all trip!! In line for 7DMT we pin traded with a couple and their young son. It was very cute and nice, we held the line a little, but no one seemed to care. Then, something miraculous happened; everyone started pin trading! Suddenly all the people around us were all "can I see your pins? Wanna trade?" It was SO COOL! We were all chatting and laughing and trading!! It really was a great moment. And then there was this gem, which was also left out:

That Memory Maker is worth every cent, just for the ride photos!

Anywho, when we last left off we were headed to breakfast at Be Our Guest!! The reservations for this had opened up after our ADR day, but I had managed to snag one and we worked it into our day. We actually ended up eating here TWICE this day!

Breakfast was a QS, and we had not preordered, so we had to wait a bit to order and such:

(pardon the tall guy; we don't know him)

THe sky was so
beautiful and grey that day, I couldn't stop!

We were finally headed in, to wait some more.

Got on the floor for that last one! These guys were so cool, and I hadn't read about them before we went to it was a nice surprise! I won't spoil it for anyone who's not been yet.

cont.

Kat was getting hangry

That's her "stop taking my picture before I eat you" face. But soon enough we were here:

We ordered and walked out to find a table.

We found a table in the ballroom, grabbed some much needed coffee and went for a few photos by the window!

Mom signaled to us that our food had arrived, so we went and had a seat.

Breakfast was good, pretty standard I'd say. Nothing really to brag about though, and I wouldn't say it was worth paying for. We used a QS credit here. While the themeing in this place is AMAZING I wasn't impressed at this point, maybe dinner would be better (I hoped).

On we went:

They did such a beautiful job on this entire area.

We will pick up here next time; DD is finally home and I wanna snuggle her!!

TTFN friends!!

Last edited:
That does sound like a fun guest interaction in 7DMT. Always nice to see the positive ones like this!

I'm glad you got to go try breakfast at BoG. I've never had breakfast or dinner there, but I've had lunch 3 times. I really thought the food was fantastic on my first 2 visits. Last time... well, I'm starting to feel like they're resting on the success brought forth by the setting and focusing a little bit less on the food.

That does sound like a fun guest interaction in 7DMT. Always nice to see the positive ones like this!

I'm glad you got to go try breakfast at BoG. I've never had breakfast or dinner there, but I've had lunch 3 times. I really thought the food was fantastic on my first 2 visits. Last time... well, I'm starting to feel like they're resting on the success brought forth by the setting and focusing a little bit less on the food.

That stinks! I hope that's not true. B-fast there was ok, but dinner was one of (if not the) best meals we had. I hope they don't let that change.

hey there!
Yes i was upset about your pictures! since your pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!!

I do not hear wonderful things about breakfast at BoG! that's sad as we LOVE Dinner!!!
Your pictures in BOG are so dang CUTE! just love you two!!!

hey there!

:wave:
Yes i was upset about your pictures! since your pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Thank you Mo! Coming from you that is a real compliment!:goodvibes

I do not hear wonderful things about breakfast at BoG! that's sad as we LOVE Dinner!!!
Your pictures in BOG are so dang CUTE! just love you two!!!

Yeah, breakfast was meh, but I totally agree about dinner; it was maybe my favorite meal of the trip! That is an ADR I will have to make again!::yes::

Yeah, breakfast was meh, but I totally agree about dinner; it was maybe my favorite meal of the trip! That is an ADR I will have to make again!::yes::

yes yes yes this turned into a must do... sadly i have way too many must do and clearly need a month in Disney for all my must dos.

Is this Real Life?!

You guys, guess what?!

WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!

The fella and I were talking about when we want to take DD for her first Disney trip. We both agreed we wanted her out of diapers (cause that's just not a trip we wanna take) and a little older than she is now. I suggested her 2nd birthday, just a long weekend. Then he swoops in with a surprise attack and says "no, I wanna go for like a week." :love: Who is this guy and what has he done to my partner?!

Ok, I say, as casually as possible, when inside I'm feeling like I'm gonna explode and confetti is gonna come outta my ears. He asks me to put something together with hotels and prices and stuff. So naturally I put together a powerpoint presentation with my 5 hotel suggestions: Poly (please, oh please), WL, Cabins at FW (he thinks we'll cook dinner...:confused3), POP and PORS Royal Rooms. We went through the presentation, he had lots of questions, about didning plans and restaurants and money, of course. In the end here's what we came up with:

Saturday April 22, 2017-Friday April 28, 2017
at
Wilderness Lodge
OR
PORS Royal Room
4 day park tickets (gonna do MK and AK only, as per his request)
with a DDP
DD will be 2 1/2 so she's free, but if she keeps eating as she does, that DP will come in handy for feeding my little roly-poly.

I AM OVER THE MOON EXCITED TO PLAN THIS BAD BOY!!

party:

latest

tumblr_lofroj1UPK1qkrec7o1_500.gif

Im so HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!

Awesome news!!! And both of your resort choices are great. I love them both.

But for that comment about not wanting to go while she's in diapers... just gonna throw this one out there. I've done both and diapers are actually easier than a toddler who can't decide if they need to go.

latest

tumblr_lofroj1UPK1qkrec7o1_500.gif

Im so HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!

Thank you!! At some point I'll start a PTR, I already have so many questions. As many times as I've Gina I've never gone with a wee babe, it's a whole new world!!

Awesome news!!! And both of your resort choices are great. I love them both.

We loved PORS and since DD is really becoming a princess fan I'm leaning towards that one, but the fella really likes the idea of being to close to MK and the monorail resorts. He would have picked POLY, but it's just too expensive for us.

But for that comment about not wanting to go while she's in diapers... just gonna throw this one out there. I've done both and diapers are actually easier than a toddler who can't decide if they need to go.

I honestly never even considered this. And I taught a 2 year old pre-school for two years. At the end of it we will have to do what we have to do. DD will be 2 1/2, but she's already interested in the potty, maybe early training will mean less uncertainty?! I can only hope; I really don't wanna spend the entire trip visiting every bathroom, just in case!

Makin' Memories
After we left our b-fast in the Beast's Castle we walked around a bit, meandered is more like it, and decided to jump on the Carousel. We rode this thing, like 6 times this trip, not really sure why, feeling nostalgic, I guess? Or maybe we were waiting for a certain suitor to start meeting the people of this little village...?

Little sisters are the weirdest.

After our last ride this trip on the carousel, we went to go meet Gaston, but at 20 minutes before he was out the line was closed? Should've had a FP! No worries, we headed back to Story Book Circus. We walked around, shopped for candy (duh!) and decided to pop in to meet Daisy and Minnie. Oh boy am I glad we did:

Chatting about excellent fabric choices!

On to Miss Daisy:

This
meet was so stinking cute and the fellas had like a 5 minute posted wait so we went back through to meet them!

For the record I am a Mickey girl; that mouse holds my heart. BUT this Goofy was THE BEST!!! We had so much fun, took about 25 pictures, never felt rushed, LOVED IT!
We went onward to meet the original angry bird, Donald!

Poor Donald was so cute, but his photographer was blah, to say the least. We had such a cute interaction with him, pointing laughing, you know the drill. NO PHOTOS. He took one of my mom's hug and stopped, to pick his nose I guess. There isn't another shot until we posed. I actually called when we got home cause I thought it was part of the download malfunction I experienced, nope. Oh well! We'll see Donald again soon.

We headed back out to see how the Gaston line was, and it wasn't bad, so we jumped in, and were the last group! We had a decent 15 minutes before he actually came out, so sis ran in to get a
cinnamon bun, and like a hungry fool, I stayed in line. I never went into Gaston's Tavern!! I didn't even realize it until we were en route home!!!! I was so upset. Guess I'll get a picture in the hunting chair next year.

Kat came out, and while mom left for a DSA, she and I devoured a cinnamon bun. Oh boy are those things gooood! That could easily be a breakfast for me. After much wait in the rainy Florida sun (that's right folks, rainy sun). Gaston greeted his adorning public. This guy was such a jerk! So spot on, but in that Disney way, it was great.

Talking about himself, of course.

He made such a great comment about my outfit. He said (paraphrasing) "So, you thought you'd dress like Belle to win my heart? You know, if'd you'd have dressed like me you'd have a better chance!" I died laughing, seriously. He was so good. We were all getting a little sleepy at this point, so we decided to go for a relaxing ride on the WDW Railroad! We caught the train the Story Book Circus and rode it around the park to Fronteirland.

TIRED, of me taking pictures!
But the relax was exactly what we needed to face a few mountains! We used Kat's CM FPs to get on Splash and BTMRR. Splash was an important one as we needed to recreate a family photo... That I don't have. That's right. Kat has it. In Orlando. So I can't post it. FAIL. But here's the second one:

In the original Kat and I are smaller, my glasses are GIANT and Kat's eyes are so wide from fear/excitement you can see the white all around her iris! HEEHEE

We walked through Liberty Square for a ride on HM. The line was kinda long so we used a FP. I gotta tell ya, I don't know what we would have done without those bad boys. We were not prepared for just how crowded it was.

I guess it was raining? I don't remember a ton of rain, but I feel like being from South Florida rain is just so every day it doesn't really bug me.

cont.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter