The Random Voyage of The Dawn Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did my Vocab sentences for English and my "What is Earth Science" for Earth Science.

Now I've got to study my prefixes for Earth Science and read some of Fahrenheight 451 for English.

"The system was simple. Everyone understood it. Books were for burning, along with the houses in which they were hidden.

Guy Montag was a fireman whose job it was to start fires. And he enjoyed his job. He had been a fireman for ten years, and he had never questions the pleasure of the midnight runs, nor the joy of watching pages consumed by flames... never questioned anything until he met a seventeen-year-old girl who told him of a past when people were not afraid. Then Guy met a professor who told him of a future in which people could think. And Guy Montag suddenly realized what he had to do..."

Ahhhh! It sounds sooooo good. I just love the irony- in this future firemen don't put out the fires... they start them!

Hmmm...should I watch Beauty and the Beast?

I've had the songs stuck in my head since I saw the stage show on the 23rd.

Or something else?

I need suggestions. I have just about every Disney film.

I still remember my first paragraph of my first speaking module of GCSE Spanish that I did in year 9, so like 3 years ago haha.

Hola, me llamo Eleanor pero prefiero el nombre Ellie. Nací en England y todavía vivo ahí. Tengo catorce (well, it'd be dieciseis now) años y mi cumpleaños es en el verano.

And then it goes on and I can't be bothered typing it all but yeah. xD

Aocdrndicg to rscheearch at cmabrigde uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. If you can raed tihs, lkie if you can raed. Olny 55% of plepoe can.

The use of me instead of my was also attributed to Irish English influence: for example, "That's me book you got there" for "That's my book you got there". An exception occurs when "my" is emphasised: for example, "That's my book you got there" (and not his).

Other Scouse features include:

The use of 'giz' instead of 'give'.
The use of the term 'made up' to portray the feeling of happiness or joy in something. For example, 'I'm made up I didn't go out last night'.
The term 'sound' is used in many ways. It is used as a positive adjective such as 'it was sound' meaning it was good. It is used to answer questions of our wellbeing, such as 'I'm sound' in reply to 'How are you?' The term can also be used in negative circumstances to affirm a type of indifference such as 'I'm dumping you'. The reply 'sound' in this case translates to 'yeah fine', 'ok', 'I'm fine about it', 'no problem' etc."

I thought everyone said 'made up' for happy though?
I say 'giz' instead of 'give' and 'me' instead of 'my' a lot and it annoys me 'cause it sounds horrible haha.

Someday your prince charming will come. Mine just took a wrong turn, got lost, and is too stubborn to ask for directions

I think it's weird how some places in the U.S have only been around for 100 years or so. I was watching The Vampire Diaries yesterday and they were celebrating their town's 150th anniversary and I was like lol we had our 800th anniversary a few years ago. xD

Aocdrndicg to rscheearch at cmabrigde uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. If you can raed tihs, lkie if you can raed. Olny 55% of plepoe can.

I'm petrry srue i'ts mroe tahn ftify-fvie pnecert. Dn'ot tehy hvae tihs tinhg on the vtmiain waetr pcakegas?

I never knew that that the castle was actually Sleeping Beauty castle until they switched to Cinderella castle.

In the stage show, the removed the reference to the rose blooming until the Beast's 21st year and Lumière's lyric of "Ten years we've been rusting"
Obviously, they realised that according to the previous math it meant the Beast was only eleven when he was cursed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter