• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Rainbow Lounge - LGBT Chit Chat

What do we think about a Rainbow Lounge?

• Loving it, I'll be here every day. This IS now officially my new homepage on all devices!

• I'm in between. Fun idea but I don't really have much to say at the moment *puts it on watched*

• What's this? I chit chat where ever I want.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah on finding your MNSSHP tickets. But why return the luggage. If you return it for smaller luggage you will have less room to bring things home! :-)
Alas, it was too big to go on the plane! But it's okay, I got one that's only a little smaller... and it's bright pink! Yee-haw! (Or, I guess since I'm staying at Riverside, it should be Yehaa, huh? :scratchin)

Post-Disney Depression is real. :crazy2:

At least it looks like (according to your signature) you have another trip planned? That might make it easier!

nope, unfortunately was the old signature for this trip :( I think I have to wait untill 2018 to come back...

nope, unfortunately was the old signature for this trip :( I think I have to wait untill 2018 to come back...
Ahh, I'm sorry! If it makes you feel any better, I'll be in the same boat... actually, it'll probably be longer. I want to wait until my two year-old niece is old enough to really enjoy the place (she's currently in Meltdown Stage) before I make another family trip. Who knows, maybe in the meantime I'll take a solo cruise? I've had dreams about going on cruises, like literal dreams. Ahahaa...

Been slowly packing and freaking out. Will my shoes be comfortable? Will I be stopping every three minutes to catch my breath? I wasn't as vigilant with my pre-trip walking as I should've been... will I look ridiculous in my bathing suit? Will I fit on the Mine Train?

So I'm just watching Disney videos and trying to calm down. And stuffing my face with shrimp. Good stuff.

@rosysubmarine Hope you have a magical trip!!!! I can only imagine how excited you must be at the moment. I got a burst of excitement when I checked my mail and had received my Disney's Magical Express letter and yellow luggage tags.

I don't even want to think of the Disney depression. To combat this, I am thinking of going back in December. I was probably going to visit my father and step-mother in Jacksonville for Christmas. So going to Disney would not be that much of a stretch. Thinking of trying to catch one of the last Christmas parties at MK. Also thinking of seeing if my father and step-mother would like to join me. Been looking at Disney Resorts to get an idea of the cost. They are still running some holiday prices for most of the Resorts.

Ahh, I'm sorry! If it makes you feel any better, I'll be in the same boat... actually, it'll probably be longer. I want to wait until my two year-old niece is old enough to really enjoy the place (she's currently in Meltdown Stage) before I make another family trip. Who knows, maybe in the meantime I'll take a solo cruise? I've had dreams about going on cruises, like literal dreams. Ahahaa...

Been slowly packing and freaking out. Will my shoes be comfortable? Will I be stopping every three minutes to catch my breath? I wasn't as vigilant with my pre-trip walking as I should've been... will I look ridiculous in my bathing suit? Will I fit on the Mine Train?

So I'm just watching Disney videos and trying to calm down. And stuffing my face with shrimp. Good stuff.

1) Buy some moleskin. That stuff is AMAZING for stopping blisters. As -soon- as you start feeling a point is rubbing, slap a piece of moleskin on that sucker.

2) I doubt you'll need to stop to catch your breath - that's what lines are for!

3) Being female, you will probably think you look ridiculous in a bathing suit whether you do or not. (I'm right there with ya, sister.) Fortunately, the only perception that matters is your own - so own that glorious body, girlfriend!

4) I feel pretty certain you will fit on Mine Train. I have to admit, my hips and thighs were pinched, but it's a short ride. Don't push the bar all the way down when you get in. It will go down as much as you push it, so leave yourself a little wiggle room. My ex was big - not so much obese as very wide-bodied... broad shoulders, broad hips, and we rode it together. It was cramped and there might have been a suction noise when we got out (ROFL) but I think you'll be fine. :) Generally speaking, if you can fit in a modern airplane seat, I think you can default ride anything at Disney except Sum of All Thrills - but that's going away, right?

Last edited:

1) Buy some moleskin. That stuff is AMAZING for stopping blisters. As -soon- as you start feeling a point is rubbing, slap a piece of moleskin on that sucker.

2) I doubt you'll need to stop to catch your breath - that's what lines are for!

3) Being female, you will probably think you look ridiculous in a bathing suit whether you do or not. (I'm right there with ya, sister.) Fortunately, the only perception that matters is your own - so own that glorious body, girlfriend!

4) I feel pretty certain you will fit on Mine Train. I have to admit, my hips and thighs were pinched, but it's a short ride. Don't push the bar all the way down when you get in. It will go down as much as you push it, so leave yourself a little wiggle room. My ex was big - not so much obese as very wide-bodied... broad shoulders, broad hips, and we rode it together. It was cramped and there might have been a suction noise when we got out (ROFL) but I think you'll be fine. :) Generally speaking, if you can fit in a modern airplane seat, I think you can default ride anything at Disney except Sum of All Thrills - but that's going away, right?
Oooh, I like these numbered responses! Keeps things organized.

1) I have a big roll of moleskin just for that-- thank you, DISboards! I had never even heard of the stuff before joining!

2) I hope you're right, I'm just going to be trailing after an eight year-old on her first trip.

3) I'm testing a new bathing suit that's literally a dress made out of bathing suit material. I feel much more comfortable in that than I did my other bathing suit (which, er, didn't fit... whoops.)

4) I've just heard nightmarish stories about people getting in line and waiting for hours (we have FP+ so no worries there) only to be super-embarrassed when they can't fit. You know what? I'm going to just try it. Worst comes to worst, I'll laugh and wait at the exit. I'm also going to try Dumbo. YEAH! YEAAAHHH!

Leaving in a few hours, ahhhh!!

Last edited:
I just returned from my trip and I had a good time but I do think a lot of the magic is gone. From cleanliness of the resorts and parks to helpfulness and attitudes of the cast members has changed the guest experience is just not the same. This wasn't the first time I noticed this but it's something that I have been noticing for several years. There were even two days where i didn't even go to the parks and I would normally spend all day in the parks from opening to closing. I have to wonder if i still love Disney World or do I love the idea of Disney World and what it once was.

We've just finished two days at USO, and while our original plans were to transfer to BWV tomorrow morning, do a water park, and then the party tomorrow night, we've liked USO enough that we may spend the morning there, mostly shopping and browsing, then do the transfer and rest before the party.

Though I'm not sure if it's my gaydar out of whack or a lot of straight men in twos, threes, and fours going to the park together. Or maybe we're just getting old. But there were some more clearly gay couples and groups as well.

Today was a weird day for me since my friend pretty much decided to take me out of my closet at school. Hopefully the revelation doesn't make the two other friends look at me differently now. :worried:

Today was a weird day for me since my friend pretty much decided to take me out of my closet at school. Hopefully the revelation doesn't make the two other friends look at me differently now. :worried:

Ugh. I'm sorry that happened to you. That's one of the worst things you can do, to out someone without their explicit permission. I hope your friends still accept you and don't make it into a big deal. :hug:

I just returned from my trip and I had a good time but I do think a lot of the magic is gone. From cleanliness of the resorts and parks to helpfulness and attitudes of the cast members has changed the guest experience is just not the same. This wasn't the first time I noticed this but it's something that I have been noticing for several years. There were even two days where i didn't even go to the parks and I would normally spend all day in the parks from opening to closing. I have to wonder if i still love Disney World or do I love the idea of Disney World and what it once was.

I'm sorry to hear this... also, I don't know about you, but I find that Disney is less magical for me now simply because I can afford to go more often. When I was a kid, it was like a dream, once every decade kind of thing, for the most part. I am also convinced that one reason I have such magical memories of Haunted Mansion and Pirates is because we always had to go in summer, and the AC was just such a relief. Now I can go when I want. It seems like a small, silly thing, but... it has a real effect!

After this trip, I will probably not go again until maybe 2019 or 2020. There are just too many other places I want to go see that aren't Disney, too. (I know, famous last words.)

Ugh, so sorry @Jaspers. Hopefully your other two friends prove to be better friends to you than the first one who outed you. I know it's probably not much consolation, but if your friends treat you badly because you're gay, you're better off without them. There is only one you in this world, and you are precious just the way you are. Don't ever change! :grouphug:

I'm sorry to hear this... also, I don't know about you, but I find that Disney is less magical for me now simply because I can afford to go more often. When I was a kid, it was like a dream, once every decade kind of thing, for the most part. I am also convinced that one reason I have such magical memories of Haunted Mansion and Pirates is because we always had to go in summer, and the AC was just such a relief. Now I can go when I want. It seems like a small, silly thing, but... it has a real effect!

After this trip, I will probably not go again until maybe 2019 or 2020. There are just too many other places I want to go see that aren't Disney, too. (I know, famous last words.)

I go to Disney as often as I can because not only does it make me feel good, but as I child I was poor. I use to watch the Full House Specials/Family Matters - and was in awe. Does anyone remember the commercials for WDW back in the day that were consistently on TV, or the ones that came on EVERY Disney movie?

It was such a fantasy to be able to go to this place when you know your mom is just making ends meet...now that I have a career I do everything...Disney Cruise Line, Aulani, Disneyland, WDW. I just love that I can do the things that I want now.

The best part was to take MY mom and paid for her trip...that really made everything complete :)

I go to Disney as often as I can because not only does it make me feel good, but as I child I was poor. I use to watch the Full House Specials/Family Matters - and was in awe. Does anyone remember the commercials for WDW back in the day that were consistently on TV, or the ones that came on EVERY Disney movie?

It was such a fantasy to be able to go to this place when you know your mom is just making ends meet...now that I have a career I do everything...Disney Cruise Line, Aulani, Disneyland, WDW. I just love that I can do the things that I want now.

The best part was to take MY mom and paid for her trip...that really made everything complete :)
I'm finally getting my parents to WDW for my wedding, I couldn't be more excited for them to visit my spiritual home lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter