The Piggies are back . . . and this time they're hungry! 12 DAYS OF FOOD! UPDATED!

Pooh's-Honey-Pot

DVC owner since 2020 - VGF, BLT and SSR
Well hello again!! :)

We got back Sunday from another trip so I thought it was time to start another set of reviews! We had 12 nights in Disney this year, following 4 nights in New York. We went to a lot of old favourite restaurants, a few new ones, and made a couple of changes along the way! We had some fab meals, and a couple of not-so-goods . . . We also visited Ghiradellis' roughly 230 times in 12 nights!!!:rotfl2: Oh and the best thing of all - we had FREE dining for the first time ever:love: !!!

First to introduce us . . .
us.jpg

Hi there!!

I'm Sonya, a Disney-addict! Even got married there 4 years ago! DH is Tony, converted to Disney after we met 8 1/2 years ago and has never looked back! We were lucky enough to go to Disney Paris back in March this year, this trip I'm reviewing in October when we stayed at SSR, and we're heading back to Orlando with my family for a stay at Pop over Christmas - its turning into the best Disney year ever!! We already have our meals booked for that trip which I'll also happily review, if anyone is still interested in my ramblings next year!!!

So on to where we ate this trip:-

Quick Service:
Earl of Sandwich - page 2
Peco Bill - page 2
POR foodcourt - page 4
Food and Wine Festival - page 5
SSR foodcourt
POFQ foodcourt - p8
Yak and Yeti - page 4
Captain Cook's - p8
Wolfgang Pucks - p9
Columbia Harbour House - p11
Cosmic Rays

Table Service:
Biertgarden - page 2
Jiko - page 2
Crystal Palace - page 4
Ohanas - page 7
Le Cellier - page 8
House of Blues - page 9
Chef Mickey - page 10
Kona Cafe - page 11
Via Napoli - page 12
Boma
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Raglan Road
Beaches n Cream

Snacks:
Popcorn cart - page 2
Funnel cake cart - page 4
Writers Stop - p8
Ghiredellis - page 9, page 12
Goofy's MYO Snacks - page 8
Main St bakery
Starring Roles
Kringla Bakeri og Cafe
Karamelle-Kuche -page 5
Fountainview Cafe - page 5

Off-Site:
I-Hop - page 9
WWOHP (Butterbeer!), page 12
Hard Rock Cafe, page 11
Buffalo Wild Wings, page 12
Anutie Anne's Pretzels - page 9
Cinabbon

Now off to bed (darn the jet-lag!) so first review to follow tomorrow . . . :goodvibes . .. hopefully see you there!!

Hi Sonya!
Yours is one Dining Review I definitely need to be in on! :banana: :yay: :dance3:

Now going back to read! :laughing:

yay I cant wait, so im staging a sit in popcorn:: :lmao:

Of course we want reviews from your christmas trip :goodvibes
sounds like its been a great year for Disney.

You went to a lot of places we've got on our list, ready to make ADR's for ;)
cant wait to hear what you thought of them.
Thanks it advance.xx :wizard:

I'm in! Won't be able to reply much due to my very limited Dis time, but I can't wait to read along!

I am a huge fan of your reviews, cannot wait to hear all about your trip!

And so to begin!:goodvibes

We left our hotel in New York at 5am to fly to Orlando, and by the time we arrived at Saratoga Springs at midday all we had eaten all morning was a Starbucks at JFK airport. We were starving, and only the Earl could turn that around!

We arrived at EoS around 1pm. I had been determined to have my beloved “Original” but going through the door saw a big picture of the “Holiday sandwich” :love: (turkey, stuffing, cranberry and gravy). Erm . .. SOLD!! Tony ordered The Italian (salami, capicola, roasted ham, mortadella, mozzarella cheese, roma tomato and Zesty Italian dressing). We also shared a pack of chips, and the new brownie sandwich (a brownie filled with frosting).

We sat down and both liked the look of each others sandwiches so decided to share!

This is the Holiday . . .
P1050332.jpg

And this is the Italian.
P1050333.jpg

The Holiday – I thought this had a really nice flavour and a nice amount of filling BUT I could have done with a little more gravy just to moisten it a bit more – I give it 7/10. Tony gave it 9/10 - he wouldn’t have minded losing the cranberry and just having meat and gravy though!

The Italian – Tony ordered this last year and I remember having a bite and thinking it tasted like a meat –feast pizza, and my view hasn’t changed! Yum! 8/10 from me. This has loads of filling and lots of different tastes going on. Tony said the meat was nice quality and it tasted good, and gave it 9/10.

Onto the brownie sandwich, I had been looking forward to this ever since I saw it mentioned in the Disney foodblog thing on facebook a few weeks ago. It’s the normal brownie which the Earl sells (and which I utterly adore) split open and filled with frosting. Get a look at this!
P1050330.jpg

The brownie part was lovely as always, really soft and gooey. Man though, was the frosting filling sickly!!!!!!!!!! Gooey and huge as this was I prefer my brownie the natural way, and give this 7/10. Tony – for whom nothing is ever too sweet or sickly – gave this 10/10!

Dinner for this evening was booked at Biergarten in Epcot, a new restaurant for us. Now at the start I have to say you can’t go too much by my opinions this evening – I don’t know what was up with me but I felt ROUGH! I think it was a combination of the 4am start, and the 4 days in NYC where we had walked our little socks off and exhausted ourselves. Anyway from the minute we got here I just wanted to get back to the hotel and sleep. If it gives you any idea of timings our ADR was for 6.50 and I was in bed before 9pm, and that included having to wait for a bus to get us back to the resort!

I knew in advance you get seated in groups, but we assumed some sort of icebreaker would be done by the server – you know, all introducing yourselves or something to get a good atmosphere going– instead we were all just led over to the table and left. I’m quite chatty normally but as I said wasn’t myself, and no one else seemed up for making an effort, so by the end of the meal hardly a word had been spoken by anyone at or table, which led to a bit of a funny atmosphere, and I felt really uncomfortable. For this reason alone I wouldn’t return to this restaurant. The group table thing isn’t for us!

Onto the food!
This is my plate:
P1050361.jpg

The herb roasted potatoes were actually to die for. I enjoyed every bite of these. The two types of sausage were good and had nice flavours. The mac n cheese was grotesque!!!!! That nasty fake cheese that I so dislike! The tomato salad had a lovely flavour, and it felt good to eat something fresh after a few days away from home. I found the chicken to be a bit too dry (but I’m not a big chicken lover anyway), and the potato dumplings to be completely tasteless – they really needed some sort of sauce

This is my second plate – I forgot to get more of the herb roasted potatoes which I have been cursing ever since –arghhh – forgetting food – that’s how ill I felt!!
P1050364.jpg

The pork and apple sauce on here were really nice – the server carving the meats certainly wasn’t over generous with his portion sizes though!! I didn’t really care for the warm potato salad. I can't remember what the white stuff was, but it had no taste or flavour. The other thing on the plate is German meatloaf. This tasted and looked like something I would feed my dogs with out of a can!!! Not good.

I give the entrees 6/10 as a whole but as I said, this could be a bit unfair as I wasn’t in the mood, and only ate a bite of each thing (apart from the potatoes!).

These are Tony’s plates.
P1050360.jpg

P1050365.jpg

He gives the entrees 9/10 (apart from the meatloaf which he says was “rough”) and says the food was nice quality.

He also wants me to mention the beer, which he gave 10/10 to (I think for the size alone!).
P1050362.jpg

Desserts! Yey!

This is my plate!
P1050366.jpg

I had some apple strudel, which was nice, Bavarian cheesecake, which was lovely and creamy, and a Florentine which I thought was way too soft. I then stole some of Tony’s rice pudding which I thought was very nice (like the middle of the schoolbread from the bakery in Norway), I marked desserts at 7/10 on the night, but looking back I think I was being a bit harsh and they should have an 8.

These are Tony’s desserts (he also finished my strudel for me); He has more strudel, cheesecake, flourentine and rice pudding
P1050367.jpg

He says the desserts were all very nice and get 9/10

All in all food wise Tony would be fairly happy to go back here, and I wouldn’t mind, just to give it a fair go. However I think we will put it off for a few years, until we are travelling in a family group big enough to fill a table! Not a “must-do” for us but glad we tried it.

Next up . . . Peco Bills and Jiko

YAY, a Sonya food report :banana:. Have I told you lately how happy I am that you and Tony are joining all of us Keylime Pie-rates on the cruise :grouphug:???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter