• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The One Where I Forget to Take Pics - A December 2015 Dining Report - COMPLETED, 2/8: Boma

I'm usually very skeptical of QS desserts, but that one from AK looks delicious and I will definitely be trying it. I love slaw and those ribs look AHhhh-mazing!!!

Just saying that it may not be bad lobster meat..but frozen and then thawed lose some of the awesomeness of LOBSTER..and I am a Mainer ..so we know our lobster..hahaha..next time I get some in maine ..it will be fresh lobster meat
Oh, I didn't mean "bad" as in spoiled... Just bad tasting! The one piece was so yucky, but the rest of the dish was SO GOOD! :rotfl:

I'm usually very skeptical of QS desserts, but that one from AK looks delicious and I will definitely be trying it. I love slaw and those ribs look AHhhh-mazing!!!
You can have the slow, it definitely wasn't for me. But the ribs? Mmmmmm. Yummy! :cloud9:

Okay, I can't see any pictures from page 7 on...and I NEED to see pictures...

Another Mainerchiming in about the frozen lobster issue. I had a similar of piece at GFC a couple of years ago. So sad, as I still can't get over the memory and it has kept me away from the best burger of all time... Their lobster topped burger. I had not yet read any positive reviews of Harambe market, and I love sitting there. I will have to steer my rib lovers to try the ribs next time!

Another Mainer chiming in about the frozen lobster issue. I had a similar of piece at GFC a couple of years ago. So sad, as I still can't get over the memory and it has kept me away from the best burger of all time... Their lobster topped burger. I had not yet read any positive reviews of Harambe market, and I love sitting there. I will have to steer my rib lovers to try the ribs next time!
Really? no good reviews of Harambe Market? We loved it! My aunt had the grilled chicken skewer and my uncle had the batter deep-fried sausage, and they were both very pleased also!

Crystal Palace
Magic Kingdom
Wednesday, December 9, 2015
Breakfast

This was my first time here for breakfast. I enjoyed dinner there immensely probably 10 years ago, but never made it back since. I'm so so so glad that I booked it for this trip, because it turned out to be probably the best character meal we had all week!

My first plate...

20151209_082917-1.jpg

I'm not even sure I can recap all this at this point. Clockwise from top it looks like some sort of fritatta, breakfast lasagna, a Mickey waffle (I got REALLY into Mickey waffles during this trip), butter, puffed french toast, sausage link, bacon, some orange stuff, and maybe more bacon!

I've done a bad thing and waited to long to finish this report, so my memories are fuzzy. I do know this, though... I cleaned my plate. So it must have been excellent!

They brought out this plate of gluten-free waffles and donuts for my aunt to enjoy...

20151209_084234-1.jpg

I went back up to the buffet and got... what else?... a cooked to order omelet. (Have ya'll noticed yet that I like omelets?)

20151209_090412-1.jpg

Yes, I was already chowing down on it when I realized I should be taking photos. Whoopsies! But it was delicious! This is actually how I prefer my omelets, with the egg nice and then and tri-folded. I was so super happy that's how they make them here!

And at the end, they totally surprised me with a BIRTHDAY CUPCAKE!

20151209_085728-1.jpg

Because cupcakes for breakfast make COMPLETE sense at Walt Disney World!

Super super delicious meal! Already considering going back in October! :cutie:

Friar's Nook
Magic Kingdom
Lunch

During my last two trips (Sept 2014 and April 2015), I'd been chasing a particular dish at this quick-service eatery in Fantasyland, and on both trips, for whatever reason, it just never happened. I was bound and determined to eat eat eat this dish on this trip, and by gawrsh, I am sure glad that I did!

20151209_141619-1.jpg

Behold, in all it's cheesy meaty carby glory... The Pot Roast Mac & Cheese!

Good lord, the things I could say about this! (Sadly, those things are full of naughty words and the DIS won't let me post them!) I really can't even describe in PG terms how delicious this was.

I definitely hope to get my hands on it again on my next trip! YUM!!!

Last edited:
Be Our Guest
Magic Kingdom
Dinner

After enjoying a wonderful dinner here in Sept 2014, and a delicious lunch in April 2015, I had no qualms when my aunt expressed that she would like to have dinner here during our trip. No problemo! Sadly when we got there, it turned out we were rather limited on what she could order, due to her mushroom allergy... Apparently BoG puts mushrooms in EVERYTHING! (I, on the other hand, absolutely love mushrooms so I guess that's why I never noticed!)

Both my aunt and uncle ordered the steak and fries and veggies. They were both happy with the preparation and taste!

20151209_202009-1.jpg

I, on the other hand, decided months prior what I was after...

20151209_202021-1.jpg

It looks like it's sense been changed a bit on the menu, so I'm glad I got these beauties when I did! They were the most delicious, perfectly-cooked medium-rare lamb chops, with some sort of mustard-based demi-glaze on the plate, and a cheesy polenta cake. The only thing I didn't love was the polenta... I ate it of course, but just the texture didn't sit well with me. But that's okay, because those chops 110% made up for it!

Since on previous visits, I'd selected cupcakes for my dessert, I decided to mix it up tonight a bit...

20151209_205459-1.jpg

Yep, I went for the Eclair! And I didn't regret my choice... It was SCRUMPTIOUS!

And then, being that it was my birthday week and all, I was brought a special treat...

20151209_205417-1.jpg

The Grey Stuff! I've tried it! It's delicious! (Don't believe me, blah blah blah.)

Another hugely successful BoG meal! Yum! Looking forward to trying it for breakfast in October!

Yay updates! The only BoG meal we didn't do this trip was dinner. It looks really good though, maybe next trip in 2018 we'll have to check it out.

I really missed the puffed french toast when we decided on Crystal Palace lunch rather then breakfast. Your meal there looked really good. Tons of options.

I'm not sure I could do pot roast mac and cheese. I love pot roast. I like mac and cheese, I'm just not sure how the flavors combine for me. Glad you got it and enjoyed it, though.

I LOVE breakfast at the Crystal Palace. We had a reservation in September but had eaten so much the night before that we canceled our breakfast there because we were still too full! :(

I definitely need to try that Pot Roast Mac and Cheese - that looks awesome!

I wasn't overly impressed with BoG, especially our dinner there. Of course, that was after I'd come down sick so that could have affected my taste buds a bit. Glad you all enjoyed your meal there!

I am eating breakfast at CP for the first time next month. All I can think about is the puffed french toast !

The negative reviews I read of Harambe were all shortly after they opened, prior to a quick summer trip I took. We have ended up in Africa only in the mornings since then, so I haven't had a chance to see the offerings in person. Good to know all was good! That pot roast Mac and cheese looks great! Another item to add to my to eat list. AND crystal Palace... I have never been there either! The gluten-free donuts did not show up at any breakfast we went to, I know my DH would appreciate those!

This was my first time here for breakfast. I enjoyed dinner there immensely probably 10 years ago, but never made it back since. I'm so so so glad that I booked it for this trip, because it turned out to be probably the best character meal we had all week!

I'm so happy to hear you loved CP breakfast! No character photos??? :sad1: Oh wait, this is the one where you forgot to take pics :laughing:. I'm really looking forward to this one in June!

And at the end, they totally surprised me with a BIRTHDAY CUPCAKE!
:thumbsup2

Wow, that looks amazing! I never would have thought of putting that combination together but it looks yummy!

Yep, I went for the Eclair! And I didn't regret my choice... It was SCRUMPTIOUS!

:cloud9: Uuuuummmmmm, eclair........ Delish!

Oh Crystal Palace! Seriously, every time I see a review I think of how much I loved this meal. Glad you guys enjoyed it just as much - I'm still trying to find a recipe for breakfast lasagna :)

So glad your BOG dinner was also delicious - and that mac and cheese looks pretty fabulous!

Can't wait to read more as always :)

Good lord, the things I could say about this! (Sadly, those things are full of naughty words and the DIS won't let me post them!) I really can't even describe in PG terms how delicious this was.

I definitely hope to get my hands on it again on my next trip! YUM!!!

OMG I've been just DYING to try this and for some reason on my last two trips I just never did. I am making this is huge priority in Sept! It looks so good!! Was the mac and cheese like the stouffer's type?

Wait wait wait, OK question: are those steak fries with your Aunt/Uncle's BOG steak? Because we've had dinner there 6x, I've gotten the steak 5 of those times, and it's never come with steak fries! They were skinnier, really crispy seasoned fries......:cloud9: DH and I didn't eat there on our trip a couple weeks ago, and I will be very disappointed if they've changed the fries :sad1:

Yay updates! The only BoG meal we didn't do this trip was dinner. It looks really good though, maybe next trip in 2018 we'll have to check it out.
This was my second time doing dinner there and both times were fantastic! I don't understand why this place gets such lackluster reviews, I've always been pleased by the food and the service! :confused3

I really missed the puffed french toast when we decided on Crystal Palace lunch rather then breakfast. Your meal there looked really good. Tons of options.
It was DELISH. Strangely enough, my favorite parts were the Mickey waffles and the omelets. I was just on a waffle and omelet kick during this trip, I think!

I'm not sure I could do pot roast mac and cheese. I love pot roast. I like mac and cheese, I'm just not sure how the flavors combine for me. Glad you got it and enjoyed it, though.
They combined AWESOME for me! :laughing:

I LOVE breakfast at the Crystal Palace. We had a reservation in September but had eaten so much the night before that we canceled our breakfast there because we were still too full! :(
I remember that, I was so sad for you! This is one time I am happy that my stomach is a bottomless pit, so I'll never encounter that kind of problem. :rotfl:

I definitely need to try that Pot Roast Mac and Cheese - that looks awesome!
It was SO GOOD! Definitely getting it again in October!

I wasn't overly impressed with BoG, especially our dinner there. Of course, that was after I'd come down sick so that could have affected my taste buds a bit. Glad you all enjoyed your meal there!
Awww, that's true. It's a shame you couldn't enjoy it more!

I am eating breakfast at CP for the first time next month. All I can think about is the puffed french toast !
Hahaha. It's really good!

That pot roast Mac and cheese looks great! Another item to add to my to eat list. AND crystal Palace... I have never been there either! The gluten-free donuts did not show up at any breakfast we went to, I know my DH would appreciate those!
I didn't try a bite of the donuts, but my aunt and uncle both said they were good! If they don't bring them to you automatically, just ask!

I'm so happy to hear you loved CP breakfast! No character photos??? :sad1: Oh wait, this is the one where you forgot to take pics :laughing:. I'm really looking forward to this one in June!
Girl, what is this, your first day? You know that when I update my food report, then a Trip Report update isn't far behind. All the character action is over there! pooh:

Wow, that looks amazing! I never would have thought of putting that combination together but it looks yummy!
Disney would think of it, though! Because Disney thinks of EVERYTHING! :hyper:

:cloud9: Uuuuummmmmm, eclair........ Delish!
I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it! It didn't look like much sitting in the case!

That looks really awesome...yummm
Soooo gooooood!!!

I so wanted to try this...but since you at some point HAVE to get the grey stuff...I never had a chance...one day!!
Get it next time! It was tasty!

Oh Crystal Palace! Seriously, every time I see a review I think of how much I loved this meal. Glad you guys enjoyed it just as much - I'm still trying to find a recipe for breakfast lasagna :)
I remember reading about how much you loved it! I wanted to schedule it in for my October trip, but it's just not in the cards. So it's tentatively on the list for Feb 2017!

So glad your BOG dinner was also delicious - and that mac and cheese looks pretty fabulous!
That mac & cheese was freakin' AWESOME. That WILL be eaten again in October!

Can't wait to read more as always :)
We're getting closer to the end of the trip, so I might try to crank out the last few updates and wrap this up soon!

OMG I've been just DYING to try this and for some reason on my last two trips I just never did. I am making this is huge priority in Sept! It looks so good!! Was the mac and cheese like the stouffer's type?
I wanted it on my last two trips too but it just never happened! Definitely make it a priority, you will NOT be disappointed! It's a new favorite for me! :D

Wait wait wait, OK question: are those steak fries with your Aunt/Uncle's BOG steak? Because we've had dinner there 6x, I've gotten the steak 5 of those times, and it's never come with steak fries! They were skinnier, really crispy seasoned fries......:cloud9: DH and I didn't eat there on our trip a couple weeks ago, and I will be very disappointed if they've changed the fries :sad1:
Hmmm, nope, no skinny fries. I don't know if this was a permanent change or if they just ran out of the others. :confused3 For what it's worth, my aunt and uncle both said that they were good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter