The One Where I Forget to Take Pics - A December 2015 Dining Report - COMPLETED, 2/8: Boma

I causally do "My Points" and cash in for gift cards to use at Y&Y. We really enjoy it! You also made me crave a visit to Boma, it's been years. Thanks for the reviews!
Give in to the Boma craving, girl! SO SO SO worth it! Yum! :D

Yes!!! Disney has always been in my dream job category. Planning events for Disney to be more specific. I think my husband may melt if we lived in Florida though. We live in North Ga. and he hates summer. I however hate winter and would love to live in Florida again (I grew up in North Florida)
I'm born and raised in coastal SC, just 2.5 hours north of Jacksonville, FL. I hate our hot humid summers, but as long as I only have to be outside long enough drive from point A to point B, I can manage them! So the Orlando weather is no deterrent for me! :thumbsup2

I started it finally! :D You're welcome to join!
I subscribed on Saturday! I've just not been on the DIS much, so right now I'm just lurking. :tiptoe: I will get caught up soon and chime in, I promise!

When's your next trip? I need another one of your reports!!! :rainbow:
October 2016! Are you following my PTR for that one? (See? I'm so far behind even on my own threads, I can't remember who is where!) :P

I thoroughly enjoyed this report! :thumbsup2 Thanks so much for don't it, I'm really happy you enjoyed your vacation. Much appreciated:goodvibes
That's so nice of you, thank you so much! And thank you for reading along and joining me on my adventures! :goodvibes

How was your trip three months after mine and you are done with your report and I'm just half way :-) Better step up my game before the moderators get after me.
Because I need to crank out these updates before my memory completely fades, since I don't take notes! If I was more organized with that, maybe I could take my sweet time completing a TR, too! :P

Between this and your Boma review, I'd give just about anything for a Mickey waffle right about now. And that pooh's french toast. Worth the visit alone.
I'm telling you, I can't stop thinking about Mickey waffles ever since this trip. I've always liked them, but somehow on this trip I got HOOKED!

Impressive even the gluten free stuff is looking good.
My Aunt Debby was VERY impressed with all the gluten-free options that different places made for her though-out the trip!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Love it when the meat and carb gods come together in all their glory. Looks divine.
This was the GLORIOUS. So so so delicious. I can't wait to eat this up again in October!

Let's see I can thing of a d word and maybe an s word and from your picture I"ll add in an f word for good measure ; )
See? This is why we're friends. We speak the same language. :hug: :laughing:

Yum. Had no idea BoG had lamb on the menu. And they look perfectly cooked.
The temp on them was PERFECT, I absolutely loved it. It's been on the menu as lamb chops and was when I ordered it. Now I see they've recently changed it to "Roasted Lamb," so I don't know if it's a different cut now or what. :confused3

Too bad the polenta had a weird texture though. It does look a bit "sturdy" for polenta. Jason makes a creamy polenta with marscapone cheese and truffle oil that is to die for.
Yeah, it was dense polenta cake. I wasn't impressed. Now what you just just described how Jason makes polenta, now THAT sounds absolutely delicious!!! Yum!

This does look AWESOME. Love, love, love me some steamed buns.
Ya'll should definitely get it next time! It was both fun and delicious!

Billie, I thought I had trained you so well. You disappoint me young grasshopper. But I'll try not to hurt you. But only if we can time our February 2017 trips right and we can eat them together ; )
Does it make you feel any better know that I've worked in a reservation for a light lunch (just an app & dessert) at Y&Y in October, specifically so I can atone for my food transgressions?

Don't worry, I'm not even sure the Germans like their food :rotfl2:
Bahaha. I wonder if that's why they drink so much beer, so mask the taste of the food?

Though yes, beer would have helped.
I know, and I wish I had been feeling up to it!

Nope, not even looking good to the Germans. I do like me some bratwurst and sauerkraut, but German food certainly isn't the prettiest to look at.
Nope, it really wasn't.

Those scrambled eggs with goat cheese sound divine. May have to try some of those at home.
Gosh, you should. SO SO SO good!!!

Why is there not a Mickey waffle fairy that can deliver these on a dime. I need Mickey waffles NOW.
You and be both, girl. I would leap right off the diet wagon for some Mickey waffles.

Thanks for letting me eat along with you. As always, love as much Billie time as I can get ; )
You love me, I knew it! :hug: Thanks for eating vicariously with me, you know you're my favorite dining buddy!

I eat here every time I'm at Disney World, alternating breakfast and dinner among trips. This time it was breakfast's turn! YUM!

20151211_104710-1.jpg

Whoa! That looks so good. We had dinner at Boma a few trips ago and really enjoyed it. It's definitely going back on the list for breakfast soon!

Thanks for sharing all your dining experiences, Billie.

Whoa! That looks so good. We had dinner at Boma a few trips ago and really enjoyed it. It's definitely going back on the list for breakfast soon!
You definitely should check it our for breakfast, too! I can't decide which I like better, breakfast or dinner, so I try to just alternate them and switch it up each trip! :cutie:

Thanks for sharing all your dining experiences, Billie.
Thank you for being here and eating with me! :hug:

Billie! I've been away from the dis boards and your reports for too long! So glad you are going back in October!!

I missed our Disney trip in September (though adopted a little girl so I'll deal) and I can't wait to go back!!

As for me, I opted for the Create-Your-Own-Pasta station, and some sort of pumpkin cake thingy...

20151204_135549-1.jpg

That pumpkin cake thingy... it looks like, what we call around my neck of the woods, a "Whoopie Pie". :P There's an annual Whoopie Pie festival & everything. They're kinda a big deal around here.

I just started reading your DR & I'm already drooling! Haha!!

That pumpkin cake thingy... it looks like, what we call around my neck of the woods, a "Whoopie Pie". :P There's an annual Whoopie Pie festival & everything. They're kinda a big deal around here.

I just started reading your DR & I'm already drooling! Haha!!
Yes, I've learned that since! And it turns out that I am definitely a fan of the Whoopie Pie! :thumbsup2

The pumpkin cake looks like a whoopee pie. They are a treat from the Pennsylvania Dutch (Amish). If your journeys ever bring you to Pennsylvania, make sure to try the different flavors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter