• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The One Where I Forget to Take Pics - A December 2015 Dining Report - COMPLETED, 2/8: Boma

Yum, that Cottontini creation looks AMAZING!

And I can't believe we skipped dessert after looking at that Chocolate Extinction. Just a reason for another trip back!

Wow! Your meal at T-Rex is exactly what I would have ordered and looks absolutely fabulous!! I know we can't fit it in this upcoming trip, but I am definitely making it a must for the next time!
It was so good, and I am so glad we went! :cutie:

OMG, how has T-Rex never been on my radar until now. It's like food fantasy's come true.
Because you're busy being all fancy up in the Signatures, lady! :rotfl:

Let's start with this bad boy. Cotton Candy. With rum? Not just overgrown toddlers want that, I'm pretty sure my actual toddler wants that (as well as her Mama and Daddy and just about everyone else she knows). So was it as good as it looks?
It's as sweet as you might expect, being that it's just rum, fruit juice, and melted sugar. I don't mind that, though! I loved it! :thumbsup2

And this.... Hello, it is me on a dish. Artichoke hearts, spinach, tomatoes, lemon butter, aka all of my favorite thins. Who needs the chicken? ; ) Jason makes a pasta dish for me when I've been behaving myself with most of these ingredients and some shrimp. Oh so good. Think we just need to add waffle fries next time.
I was surprised how goof this was. I rarely order chicken dishes in restaurants, as I tend to veer towards red meats or the occasional pork dish. But this just sounded too good, and my by best friend has been raving about it, so I thought I'd give it a try. Man, was I glad that I did. Yum! :D

Speaking of toddler dreams coming true. Dry ice, fudge cake, ice cream, fudge, and caramel. This looks incredible!!!!!
It pretty much WAS incredible. ::yes:: P.S. - This is Landry's restaurant, so you can use your member privileges here!

We went it was amazing. We plan to go back the customer service there was amazing. The 2 minute wait without reservations since we are Landry members couldn't be best either.
YAY! I'm so very glad that you went and enjoyed it! :hyper:

Loved the cotontini. I got candy apple. I am totally getting the other one next time.
YUM! :goodvibes

The fish and chips was huge and tasty, not as good as Yorkshire in EPCOT, but good. It totally worked as a split meal between me and my husband (we had to save room for the chocolate extinction).
Good planning for that dessert! :thumbsup2

your photos are great...in all the years since they built T rex ..we have never been..NOW this is going to be on the agenda...thanks again for your review
It's totally worth a visit! ::yes::

AMEN SISTER! Eating is one of life's greatest pleasures and I most definitely take full advantage too ::yes::
HOLLA!!!! :rotfl:

I enjoy all your reports and your use of GIFs and memes is muy excelente! I am loving the fact that after I had to take a small break from the DIS (life has been so busy :faint:), I come back to find not only your Dec 2015 dining report, but your Dec 2015 trip report, AND a pretrip report for Oct 2016. Lucky me :cloud9:
Aww, I'm SO very glad you're enjoying my reports! :goodvibes

Oh my gosh. This looks amazing! I don't think I could ever order this at Disney because my boys would literally try to wrestle it away from me. And then I'd be arrested because drunk kids. :rotfl2::rotfl:
Hmmm. I wonder if they would do you

Again, sounds amazing. You had me at artichoke hearts. :lovestruc
I love artichoke hearts! :lovestruc

Yum, that Cottontini creation looks AMAZING!
It really IS amazing! :cutie:

And I can't believe we skipped dessert after looking at that Chocolate Extinction. Just a reason for another trip back!
Oh man, you totally missed out! You MUST go back now, for sure! :P

Enjoying the reviews! I'm happy to see an Akershus review. Id love to try the breakfast there.

May I ask if that frozen cappuccino in France was included in a QS lunch credit as the beverage or no? Looks so good!

And for dessert...

20151207_193614-2.jpg

The Chocolate Extinction (for Four): Chocolate fudge cake, ice cream, whipped topping, fudge and caramel sauce, Butterfinger crumbs. Ya'll, I cannot even describe how good this was! And I'm not even usually a chocolate cake person, my OH. MY. GOD.[/QUOTE]

SO I JUST LICKED MY SCREEN.

Enjoying the reviews! I'm happy to see an Akershus review. Id love to try the breakfast there.
It was wonderful, you should definitely check it out sometime! ::yes::

May I ask if that frozen cappuccino in France was included in a QS lunch credit as the beverage or no? Looks so good!
It DID count as my beverage with my QS credit! Totally worth it! I love getting the most bang for my QS credit buck! :thumbsup2

SO I JUST LICKED MY SCREEN.
Bahaha! :rotfl: It really was that delicious, I promise!

I started with a Tropical Cottontini (With Parrot Bay Coconut Rum and tropical fruit juices), because fruity liquor poure

Yummers!! I may have to say hello to the T-Rex bar just for one of those puppies!

Mastadon Stuffed Chicken: with artichoke hearts, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon butter, waffle fries, and seasonal vegetables.

Mmmmmmm, artichoke hearts...... The sun dried tomatoes I could do without, I've never been a fan.

freakin' love mashed potatoes, so I'm not sure what got into me that night!

I think I could live on mashed potatoes alone for a month solid without getting sick of them.

The Chocolate Extinction (for Four): Chocolate fudge cake, ice cream, whipped topping, fudge and caramel sauce, Butterfinger crumbs. Ya'll, I cannot even describe how good this was! And I'm not even usually a chocolate cake person, my OH. MY. GOD.

I WANT THAT NOW!! :cloud9:

Yummers!! I may have to say hello to the T-Rex bar just for one of those puppies!
You should, you should! They're so fun! :cutie:

Mmmmmmm, artichoke hearts...... The sun dried tomatoes I could do without, I've never been a fan.
You know, I'm not a fan either so I'm pretty sure I ordered mine without them. I certainly don't see any in the photo! It's been over a month, so details are getting very fuzzy in my head... I better power-through and wrap up these reports before I forget everything! :scared:

I think I could live on mashed potatoes alone for a month solid without getting sick of them.
Yasssss!!! Me too!!! :cloud9:

I WANT THAT NOW!! :cloud9:
You and me both, girl. Right now. This minute. I WANT IT. :laughing:

Everything looks yummy. I missed Ohana's our last visit but with all new food allergies there was very little I could eat.

Landscape of Flavors
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Tuesday, December 8, 2015
Breakfast

This was my final, and only disappointing, experience at Landscape of Flavors. I dipped in for breakfast and decided to deviate from my delicious omelet...

20151208_072617-1.jpg

"Steak" and Eggs Breakfast Burger: Angus Chuck Burger, Fried Egg, Cheddar Cheese, and Bacon with Breakfast Potatoes or House-seasoned Fries.

Normally I loooooove bacon and egg cheeseburgers, so I was super excited for this! Sadly, it let me down. Even when I doctored it up with condiments, it was just dry and uninspiring! The breakfast potatoes were surprisingly bland too, hence the hence to try and give them some flavor. Sigh. Can't win 'em all, I guess...

At least this part was tasty:

20151208_072621-1.jpg

Apple Danish!

I know they're relatively generic, but I love love love Disney danishes! And I'm always a huge sucker for any kind of apple pastry. (I actually ended up taking 5 of these home with me on check-out day, to burn up my remaining snack credits!) Yum yum yum! So at least the sweet finish to my breakfast made me happy! :cutie:

Last edited:
Harambe Market
Animal Kingdom
Lunch

This was one of my favorite quick-service meals of the whole trip... and I took exactly ZERO photos. NONE. That's how delicious it was! Soooo away to DisneyFoodBlog.com we shall go!

ribs1.jpg

Spice-rubbed Karubi Ribs, with Green Papaya-Carrot Slaw and a Chickpea, Cucumber and Tomato Salad.

I looooved these ribs! They were a dry-rub style of rib, which I mentioned before is definitely my preference. I thought about ordering it without the slaw on top, since it didn't sound like something I would dig. But I decided to be brave... which was silly. One bite of it, and I ended up immediately scoop the slaw up and putting it off to the side. And I really wanted to like the salad, since I love chickpeas and tomatoes... but I hate cucumbers, so it just wasn't happening.

Oh, but those ribs...

ribs2.jpg

Mmmmmm. :cloud9: I wish I was eating them RIGHT NOW.

Oh, and dessert, too...

milktart1.jpg

African Milk Tart: Coconut Custard in a Chocolate Tart Shell dusted with Sugar and Five-Spice Powder then drizzled with Dark Chocolate Ganache.

Now I love coconut, and I love chocolate, but this was INCREDIBLY unique. The flavors were unlike anything I've ever had before. Honestly, I'm not even sure what I can compare it to! But it really was good, and I'm looking forward to having it again in October! :cutie:

For the curious, here's a cross-section of it:

milktart2.jpg

And I washed all this deliciousness down with a Sparletta brand "Sparberry" soda, which is apparently popular in South Africa! I like fruity sodas, so I was happy with this! :goodvibes

Last edited:
Hollywood & Vine - Minnie's Holiday Dine
Hollywood Studios
Dinner

I was SUPER excited for this brand new Holiday-themed dining experience with Minnie and friends! The character interaction did NOT disappoint! The food was okay! There wasn't any wow factor or anything to it, but it was a good solid dinner buffet. It was about what I was expecting, honestly. I did H&V years and years ago for dinner, so I kinda new what I was getting into. I tried tons of stuff, and only one thing was bad. Everything else was good, though!

20151208_175647-1.jpg

My plate-o-meats. Salmon, beef, stuffed chicken, and pork. Because I'm a carnivore at heart.

20151208_175650-1.jpg

Turkey, Lobster and Shimp Mac & Cheese (which was good on the first round!), and Meatballs.

20151208_181646-1.jpg

More deliciousableness! I think the think on top was more chicken, and then there some pumpkin ravioli, and more beef flank steak and salmon, and lobster & shrimp mac & cheese. I made the mistake of picking up that big piece of lobster claw and taking a big ol' bite out of it... :sad2: Now I had some pretty sizey chunks of lobster in my first pass on this dish, and didn't notice a thing wrong with it. But biting into that thing like that was AWFUL. It tasted like taking a bite of a styrofoam cup that had been soaking in cigarette water. :crazy2: I tossed it aside, and the rest of the mac & cheese dish tasted FINE! So weird, right? :confused3

I know I got a dessert plate, but I guess I didn't get a photo. Sorry, I was hoping to end this review on a better note! :goodvibes

Last edited:
First that desert at Harambe market looks to die for!

Second can we talk about H&V, I feel like it gets such a bad rap, but it's not horrible.... It's not the best either but I didn't hate it that's for sure!

That is too bad about your breakfast burger. You would think the people in charge would taste test the food to see if it's good or not. The Harambe market looks quite delicious! I have it on my dining bucket list now. The H&V meal looks like it had a nice variety.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter