The One Where I Forget to Take Pics - A December 2015 Dining Report - COMPLETED, 2/8: Boma

Now I am seriously regretting not booking a Kona breakfast for our trip in March. I may just have to try to sneak one in somewhere! I love, love, love Tonga toast but I think I hear the Samoan calling my name. So many decisions!

T-REX
Disney Springs
Monday, December 7, 2015
Dinner

This came onto my radar after repeated rave reviews from my bestie, so I decided to give it a try!

I started with a Tropical Cottontini (With Parrot Bay Coconut Rum and tropical fruit juices), because fruity liquor poured over cotton candy is exactly what an overgrown toddler wants to drink!

20151207_182728-1.jpg

I got to keep the souvenir shaker!

And here's a series of photos of it being poured and the cotton candy melting into the glass...

20151207_182806-1.jpg

20151207_182808-1.jpg

20151207_182811-1.jpg

And then the FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD!

20151207_185952-1.jpg

My aunt ordered the Fire-Roasted Rotisserie Chicken: Half of a chicken, red skinned mashed potatoes, choice of a side (she chose the seasonal vegetables).

20151207_190004-1.jpg

My uncle ordered the meatloaf that was recommended by our server. I don't see it anywhere on the menu though, so I'm wondering if this was some sort of special that night.

20151207_190129-1.jpg

Mastadon Stuffed Chicken: with artichoke hearts, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon butter, waffle fries, and seasonal vegetables.

My aunt and uncle were VERY happy with their meals, and my stuffed chicken was SO SO SO good. I kinda regretted getting the waffle fries instead of the mashed potatoes, though... I freakin' love mashed potatoes, so I'm not sure what got into me that night!

And for dessert...

20151207_193614-2.jpg

The Chocolate Extinction (for Four): Chocolate fudge cake, ice cream, whipped topping, fudge and caramel sauce, Butterfinger crumbs. Ya'll, I cannot even describe how good this was! And I'm not even usually a chocolate cake person, my OH. MY. GOD.

I would love to try that cotton candy drink. Everything looks great, I think I am going to book it for our Food and Wine trip as the baby will then be 2 and will enjoy it there.

All your dishes looks positively scrumptious, especially yours. I could so totally go for a stuffed chicken like that right about now. The dessert looks FAB and I'm totally a chocolate cake person.
Also nice visual of the cottontini pouring. My problem would be resisting eating the cotton candy before actually pouring the drink in.

Those Cottontinis are wonderful! I had one years ago when T-Rex first opened. I was traveling with a rambunctious niece that vacation so it was a badly needed "auntie soda" that night. :P

T-REX
Disney Springs
Monday, December 7, 2015
Dinner

This came onto my radar after repeated rave reviews from my bestie, so I decided to give it a try!

I started with a Tropical Cottontini (With Parrot Bay Coconut Rum and tropical fruit juices), because fruity liquor poured over cotton candy is exactly what an overgrown toddler wants to drink!

20151207_182728-1.jpg

I got to keep the souvenir shaker!

And here's a series of photos of it being poured and the cotton candy melting into the glass...

20151207_182806-1.jpg

20151207_182808-1.jpg

20151207_182811-1.jpg

And for dessert...

20151207_193614-2.jpg

The Chocolate Extinction (for Four): Chocolate fudge cake, ice cream, whipped topping, fudge and caramel sauce, Butterfinger crumbs. Ya'll, I cannot even describe how good this was! And I'm not even usually a chocolate cake person, my OH. MY. GOD.

This drink is now on my list for when we go there and we will go there while we are at Disney, maybe even tomorrow night! The dessert was always on my list. I remember it from last time we went it was yummy!

YUM. Need that cake, ah. (Just did 10 days of Whole30 aka no gluten no grains no dairy no fun and I quit because cheese and cake, it was a miserable life I was living!)

I haven't been to TRex since 2009ish and we had pretty decent food but the atmosphere was downright terrible - looks like a great meal though and we may have to try it again!! I love me some mashed potatoes, especially in restaurants.. probably because there's so much butter in there. ;)

Can't wait to try the Tonga toast on my next trip - although I'm thinking I'll probably try it at Captain Cook's where it is about half the price!

Now I am seriously regretting not booking a Kona breakfast for our trip in March. I may just have to try to sneak one in somewhere! I love, love, love Tonga toast but I think I hear the Samoan calling my name. So many decisions!
Well, you see how I solved that dilemma... I just ordered both. Because vacation. OINK! :rotfl:

I would love to try that cotton candy drink. Everything looks great, I think I am going to book it for our Food and Wine trip as the baby will then be 2 and will enjoy it there.
It was really tasty!

Mmmmm, I haven't had breakfast yet, but your chicken dish looks scrumptious!
Girl, it was sooooo goooood!

All your dishes looks positively scrumptious, especially yours. I could so totally go for a stuffed chicken like that right about now. The dessert looks FAB and I'm totally a chocolate cake person.
Everything was seriously delicious!

Also nice visual of the cottontini pouring. My problem would be resisting eating the cotton candy before actually pouring the drink in.
Haha, fortunately, it doesn't sit there for long before the server pours it!

Those Cottontinis are wonderful! I had one years ago when T-Rex first opened. I was traveling with a rambunctious niece that vacation so it was a badly needed "auntie soda" that night. :P
Ha! This reminds me of @kastoney and her wine, aka "mama juice."

This drink is now on my list for when we go there and we will go there while we are at Disney, maybe even tomorrow night! The dessert was always on my list. I remember it from last time we went it was yummy!
You're on your way to Disney RIGHT NOW, omg! I hope you DO eat at T-Rex, and have an awesome time!

I'm SO HUNGRY just looking at all of your photos! YUMM!!
That's the idea! :laughing:

YUM. Need that cake, ah. (Just did 10 days of Whole30 aka no gluten no grains no dairy no fun and I quit because cheese and cake, it was a miserable life I was living!)
I started phasing carbs out of my life after the 1st of the year. It's ROUGH. >:(

I haven't been to TRex since 2009ish and we had pretty decent food but the atmosphere was downright terrible - looks like a great meal though and we may have to try it again!! I love me some mashed potatoes, especially in restaurants.. probably because there's so much butter in there. ;)
Yeah, I didn't love how LOUD it was, especially the meteor showers. :scared: But at least the food and the service made up for it!

Oooh must try that drink at TRex. I was considering going there with Dad so that might clinch going.
It's super sweet but soooo good! :cutie:

TRex was a maybe for us. I think it just got bumped up! :D
I hope you do go, and I hope your experience is as good as mine was!

Can't wait to try the Tonga toast on my next trip - although I'm thinking I'll probably try it at Captain Cook's where it is about half the price!
I thought about doing that too, and if I had been solo, I probably would have! :thumbsup2 (Although at Capt. Cooks it doesn't come with the strawberry compote, which I actually REALLY liked on it!)

Wow! Your meal at T-Rex is exactly what I would have ordered and looks absolutely fabulous!! I know we can't fit it in this upcoming trip, but I am definitely making it a must for the next time!

I can't let Mikka find out about this!

OMG, how has T-Rex never been on my radar until now. It's like food fantasy's come true.

20151207_182728-1.jpg
Let's start with this bad boy. Cotton Candy. With rum? Not just overgrown toddlers want that, I'm pretty sure my actual toddler wants that (as well as her Mama and Daddy and just about everyone else she knows). So was it as good as it looks?

20151207_190129-1.jpg

Mastadon Stuffed Chicken: with artichoke hearts, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon butter, waffle fries, and seasonal vegetables.
And this.... Hello, it is me on a dish. Artichoke hearts, spinach, tomatoes, lemon butter, aka all of my favorite thins. Who needs the chicken? ; ) Jason makes a pasta dish for me when I've been behaving myself with most of these ingredients and some shrimp. Oh so good. Think we just need to add waffle fries next time.

20151207_193614-2.jpg

Speaking of toddler dreams coming true. Dry ice, fudge cake, ice cream, fudge, and caramel. This looks incredible!!!!!

You're on your way to Disney RIGHT NOW, omg! I hope you DO eat at T-Rex, and have an awesome time!

We went it was amazing. We plan to go back the customer service there was amazing. The 2 minute wait without reservations since we are Landry members couldn't be best either.

Loved the cotontini. I got candy apple. I am totally getting the other one next time.

The fish and chips was huge and tasty, not as good as Yorkshire in EPCOT, but good. It totally worked as a split meal between me and my husband (we had to save room for the chocolate extinction).

your photos are great...in all the years since they built T rex ..we have never been..NOW this is going to be on the agenda...thanks again for your review

I likes to eat. :laughing: )

AMEN SISTER! Eating is one of life's greatest pleasures and I most definitely take full advantage too ::yes::

I enjoy all your reports and your use of GIFs and memes is muy excelente! I am loving the fact that after I had to take a small break from the DIS (life has been so busy :faint:), I come back to find not only your Dec 2015 dining report, but your Dec 2015 trip report, AND a pretrip report for Oct 2016. Lucky me :cloud9:

Oh my gosh. This looks amazing! I don't think I could ever order this at Disney because my boys would literally try to wrestle it away from me. And then I'd be arrested because drunk kids. :rotfl2::rotfl:

Again, sounds amazing. You had me at artichoke hearts. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter