The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Does anyone know if the new pool and splash pad will be exclusively for VDH guests (like BLT) or if they will be able to be used by the DLH guests too (like BRV)?
I’m very curious about this as well. When I signed the contract I asked our DVC rep and she said it was open to all DLH guests. Honestly, don’t even know if she was just guessing or if she really knew the answer.

I was hoping they would be exclusive to VDH guests only. Can you imagine? All the DLH guests will flock over.

Some interesting ideas... (playlist of 3 total vids) Not just "Forward", but across Harbor as well (which includes a property already slated and zoned for Timeshare ;) )

I'm not sure if he has recommended it, or any others have (I have to admit I watch a lot of YouTube videos half awake in the late PM)... I have to say that a Skyliner system from Toy Story lot and through whatever Disney plans on building plus perhaps another Skyliner from Disneyland Hotel/Pixar Place to the heart of the hub would be a game changer. They are going to have to be creative and also likely buy out more stuff to expand, but I'm hopeful that Disneyland will keep growing and changing.

There is so much I remember from my younger years that were great memories but every trip I see something new I love. This trip got to meet some "on line" friends in person and also saw some awesome things. Our kids are usually in bed by 9 ish but we pushed hard one night and stayed until about 11:30 and saw this great interaction between Mickey/Goofy and the crowd on main street.

One other highlight of this trip was this meme I had stuck in my head I had to make/share that I think will fit in with this crowd -

1691475999914.png

Any regrets for east coast owners? I am considering adding 50 points for the occasional west coast trip (50x3) but hesitant to pulling the trigger for either of the west coast properties. Now I can only get this one direct atm.

I’m very curious about this as well. When I signed the contract I asked our DVC rep and she said it was open to all DLH guests. Honestly, don’t even know if she was just guessing or if she really knew the answer.

I was hoping they would be exclusive to VDH guests only. Can you imagine? All the DLH guests will flock over.
It definitely would have been nice for it to be exclusively for VDH guests!

Any regrets for east coast owners? I am considering adding 50 points for the occasional west coast trip (50x3) but hesitant to pulling the trigger for either of the west coast properties. Now I can only get this one direct atm.

We're East Coasters. We bought 80 points with the idea that we'll make a big California trip every 3 years. We may have bought more points than we need, but we figure we can always use the extra points on the East Coast if necessary. No regrets and we don't even have a West Coast trip planned yet.

Some interesting ideas... (playlist of 3 total vids) Not just "Forward", but across Harbor as well (which includes a property already slated and zoned for Timeshare ;) )

Chilli, thanks for sharing the Brickey YouTube. I had a long flight this week and watched all three episodes.

Brickey does have the passion and gift for gab. Interesting how he was able to carve out enough space for a "possible" 3rd gate / park. For contrast, the Disneyland Forward seems to be adding on to DL and DCA. I'm kinda in between wanting a third park or expanded parks at Disneyland. I think I'd rather have expanded parks with more choice, rides, restaurants, etc. One less park hopper to wait on and one less single park ticket / reservation to fool around with.

Learned something new. I didn't realize there as an Anaheim Garden Walk restaurant and shopping district within walking distance of the parks. I wondered where the House of Blues went to. Now that I know would I walk that way to spend time? Like most I'm probably guilty of 'no'.

space for a "possible" 3rd gate / park
There is already a third gate at Disneyland. It’s super fun and has great food too….

IMG_7532.jpeg

If you have a car it’s a easy less than 15 min drive. Way less than AKV to MK drive for sure. Recommend saving 500 bucks on the second tier magic key and getting a platinum pass and meal/drink plan at Knotts. You will save money and have some variety in things to do. Plus no park reservations required.

Chilli, thanks for sharing the Brickey YouTube. I had a long flight this week and watched all three episodes.

Brickey does have the passion and gift for gab. Interesting how he was able to carve out enough space for a "possible" 3rd gate / park. For contrast, the Disneyland Forward seems to be adding on to DL and DCA. I'm kinda in between wanting a third park or expanded parks at Disneyland. I think I'd rather have expanded parks with more choice, rides, restaurants, etc. One less park hopper to wait on and one less single park ticket / reservation to fool around with.

Learned something new. I didn't realize there as an Anaheim Garden Walk restaurant and shopping district within walking distance of the parks. I wondered where the House of Blues went to. Now that I know would I walk that way to spend time? Like most I'm probably guilty of 'no'.
Yea, i hear ya on the extra, and I agree "Forward" is the priority, but I also think if they want to blow it up over at the Toy Story lot, acquiring Garden Walk has to be part of that plan. Also adding House of Blues back into the DLR mix, is a good thing, I spent A LOT of time there over the years when I lived down there, but that whole area would definitely need a major refurb to feel like Disney.

Love watching Brickey get down in the weeds with possibilities and his take on architecture, I think that's one of the most exciting things for me going to WDW for the first time next year is checking out all the nooks/crannies, & architecture.

There is already a third gate at Disneyland. It’s super fun and has great food too….

View attachment 784009

If you have a car it’s a easy less than 15 min drive. Way less than AKV to MK drive for sure. Recommend saving 500 bucks on the second tier magic key and getting a platinum pass and meal/drink plan at Knotts. You will save money and have some variety in things to do. Plus no park reservations required.
Agree 110%... but this would just push Knotts to be the 4th gate. ;)

I usually Lyft from Long Beach Airport to DLR for about $30 and Knotts is way closer than LGB.

Can anyone tell me when the price of VDH might go up?
Just because the current deal ends on Sept 11th doesn't mean the base price of $230 will go up, correct?
If you’re not buying 150 points there is no urgency right now?
Im talking myself down off the financing ledge. lol

Can anyone tell me when the price of VDH might go up?
Just because the current deal ends on Sept 11th doesn't mean the base price of $230 will go up, correct?
If you’re not buying 150 points there is no urgency right now?
Im talking myself down off the financing ledge. lol
They have generally taken 1 price increase per winter. Last increase was December 2022. Prior was in February 2022, then Feb 2021, Jan 2020, Jan 2019, Jan 2018. I’d expect the next to be sometime between December 2023 and February 2024. Likely $7-$8/point.

Of course, no guarantees, but that’s my expectation.

@Chili327 by the way financing eats any potential savings SO fast. At the most common 13% interest rate you’re paying like $2.25/point/month in interest if you finance 90% of it.

@Chili327 by the way financing eats any potential savings SO fast. At the most common 13% interest rate you’re paying like $2.25/point/month in interest if you finance 90% of it.
Yes, i was being swayed by the thought of only paying $188pp, but after financing even with all the discounts its close to $275pp, so there is no reason for me to finance 150 points over just buying 50 whenever, so thats where my head is at now… when will that price go up? Good to know i should have a few months at least.
I was thinking the $230 might stay for a year while all the $217’s come up to $230.?

Plus, Knott's Scary Farm is the OG Halloween Party (it was THE place to go in high school).

Plus, Knott's Scary Farm is the OG Halloween Party (it was THE place to go in high school).
I’ll take credit for helping bring one happy couple together who got married based on me dragging my roommate there for the Scary Farm. Told him it was a serious date night and to not just bring a friend. I’m 99% sure they are still together today. Knotts is great. We got a quick box of chicken and a pie to go to help us with our daughter’s bday festivities. If times got rough I’d likely let my MK go for a year and enjoy the value of KBF.

IMG_0185.jpeg

Bday girl after her first go at jaguar. She liked it.

We often park at Garden Walk when we’re going in to the parks for just a few hours. It’s a short walk to the Harbor St entrance if you come out of the garage on Disney Way. First hour is free, $3/hr after that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter