The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

How long would you typically give VDH owners to book these rooms before you jumped on one if you were considering May?! May would save a lot of points if we went for our sons birthday. Just looking for a little ethical guidance....
I think too many people are far too hesitant to reserve these rooms.

For example, for reservations at the busy holiday times in February, these sold out on July 27 (Day 1 they were available) for all the normal rooms. The hearing-accessible and wheelchair-accessible rooms are STILL available. Why give people without these issues less than an hour to get reservations, but allow someone else to get a room 100 days later?

If you are not opposed to using an accessible room, there are several categories available dor the dates you mentioned. Just check that box when doing your search. In general people tend to give our awesome ADA fellows members a head start but at this point they’ve had plenty of time. A hearing accessible unit is hard to even tell the difference from a non ADA room. If you fancy a balcony and the amount of points work for you, consider a garden studio. A 1 bedroom would be decadent (and a ton of transient tax).
It’s like when Larry David shared his secret side streets in Curb Your Enthusiasm…. once you tell a few people the route never works again….

I think too many people are far too hesitant to reserve these rooms.

For example, for reservations at the busy holiday times in February, these sold out on July 27 (Day 1 they were available) for all the normal rooms. The hearing-accessible and wheelchair-accessible rooms are STILL available. Why give people without these issues less than an hour to get reservations, but allow someone else to get a room 100 days later?
Interesting. This is kinda sorta a hidden inventory that I never knew about (owner since 2006). I just browsed thru the studio availability as you mentioned and see that this category is mostly still available most of the year except for President's Day weekend & scattered other dates like spring break. Now I think I don't feel quite as conflicted about booking one of these rooms. I can waitlist a regular std studio for the same dates and see what happens. The May week I'm looking at for my sons birthday is a significant savings on both points and transient tax over the 4 nights in April that I booked (the points for 7 nights are only 25 more than the 4 nights that I booked). The more I talk to myself about the idea the less I feel "bad" about it. :chat: :rolleyes1

Last edited:
Hello again - I have another question for you all of you left coast experts! If we rent a car is parking included for free @ VDH like it is at the FL resorts or is that something that's excluded? Thx

Hello again - I have another question for you all of you left coast experts! If we rent a car is parking included for free @ VDH like it is at the FL resorts or is that something that's excluded? Thx
It’s included - when we got to the parking booth - they have a guest list and give you a paper pass to put on dashboard area to go in and out of the parking lot.

Took a crack at floor plans, with room numbers, views, accessibility, and theming info.

Couple things I know I need to improve, and hope to crowdsource the info:
  • Theming markers
  • Accessibility markers

Other things that might be wrong or need confirmation:
  • Room numbers beyond xx37, especially odd
  • Rooms on floor 2
  • Room 1217 (not 100% sure it exists, or the actual room number)

Floor 1 - 6:
VDH Floor Plan - Floor 1.png

VDH Floor Plan - Floor 2.png

VDH Floor Plan - Floor 3.png

VDH Floor Plan - Floor 4.png

VDH Floor Plan - Floor 5.png

VDH Floor Plan - Floor 6.png

Any idea where the 1Bd accessible units are?
Previously, I strongly suspected the wheelchair accessible 1BR is 0237, the dedicated room on the 2nd floor. AFAIK, there was never a wheelchair accessible 2BRLO category posted.

EDIT: There's not a wheelchair accessible 1BR category posted right now, either. Maybe there are none?
EDIT2: Tried searching again and the 1BR accessible categories are back, but still no 2BRLO accessible.

Last edited:
Previously, I strongly suspected the wheelchair accessible 1BR is 0237, the dedicated room on the 2nd floor. AFAIK, there was never a wheelchair accessible 2BRLO category posted.

EDIT: There's not a wheelchair accessible 1BR category posted right now, either. Maybe there are none?
EDIT2: Tried searching again and the 1BR accessible categories are back, but still no 2BRLO accessible.

Attachments

• IMG_0951.jpeg
    IMG_0951.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: ehh
Very curious what room you get!

EDIT: if 0237 is indeed the dedicated 1BR (I'm only ~95% sure), then it's also likely the only Fantasia themed 1BR.
A fantasia themed 1Bd would be ideal! I like a lot about the P&TF themed rooms… but the giant Tiana picture in the living room is just weird to me… and my two sons who will sleep in the living room agree….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter