***The Official October 2016 Thread***

I was just coming over to post this. MK hours for my week (10/22-10/29) have also been extended. MK is opening at 8:00 am most mornings. Extra Magic Hours for Wed, 10/26, is from 11:00 PM to 1:00 am! I was hoping that the decrease in visitors over the summer would extend into October. I guess that is not happening!

I will be there the same week.

I just checked the MDE app and MK is only opening at 8am on 10/23, 28, 29

Did I miss something?

Same week for us :) I REALLY hope it's not going to be packed. We were hopeful that it would be a good week to go since no FD...

I don't mind the earlier openings. My DS gets up early, so we'll be at rope drop anyway.

I don't mind the early morning openings either, but I would definitely be annoyed if I had an early ADR. I would probably cancel the ADR and/or try to reschedule it for something brunch - around 11 or 12 when the parks get crowded.

So I know a lot of you are going to MNSSHP After all the talk and ads for it I've decided I want to go. Do you think it'lol be strange for an adult going solo to attend? Is it more geared towards children?

I would love to go by myself, then I could do whatever I wanted to do. But people keep joining me. ;) The party includes children but I think many of the activities are geared toward the adults. :)

Now we're in the teens! Yay! Just managed to get MM in the most painful way possible. 2 phone calls resulting in hanging up (both accidental but after a collective 25 minutes of waiting, beyond annoying), 1 phone call where he was helpful in that he told me what I needed to know and what # to call if I still had problems after switching to Chrome, and the last # to get the MM. Sigh. And the first hold song? IASW. Not the music I wanted to hear when irritated. Oh well, all sorted out, DD's wart frozen off her foot (hopefully will not need retreatment), flu shots, and slowly getting the real gear together.

Does anyone else ever have that momentary sense of panic when they realize what was once 240 days away is now only 14? For some reason today my excitement has morphed into this strange panic that in 14 short days all of my plans I've been staring at on paper for the last 8 months are going to be real soon. :scared:

Does anyone else ever have that momentary sense of panic when they realize what was once 240 days away is now only 14? For some reason today my excitement has morphed into this strange panic that in 14 short days all of my plans I've been staring at on paper for the last 8 months are going to be real soon. :scared:

i know it all to well! I'm still at 25 days but we are in the process of moving too.. so need to stay focused on what i need to bring for our two week trip and also getting everything packed for the move.. it seems like to much!!

11 days away and I'm already losing the ability to focus on anything but Disney. Work is so slow today that it's making me sleepy (kind of like the dwarf).

I'm doing some repairs on one of my daughter's costumes and then I'll start packing. Costumes get packed up first. Then I'll be making a list for other stuff and probably start really packing this weekend.

We had a busy weekend last weekend which was good - made the time go by faster. This coming weekend, we have our town's Family Fun Festival. There is going to be fireworks too, which won't compare to Disney fireworks of course.

I'm starting to stalk the weather channel extended forecasts too :lol:

I made my final payment this weekend. I wanted to throw up. So much money! ACK! It will be worth it I'm sure.

We were planning on driving from CT but I found a flight out of NY for 5 people for under $800!!! can you believe that? We are psyched!

We get to FL on the 12th but we don't get to Disney until the 17th.

:) :) :)

Staying off-site. Just told the kids about the upcoming trip Oct 23-28 and let them pick Magic Bands. Placed the order. Hoping they arrive quickly. i saw that order to delivery is usually 11 days, so I should have no problem there. Counting down two more days until I can make my FP+ reservations for our first day... being off-site I think we have to wait for every morning at 6am to make the FP+ reservations, so that will be fun to do early weekend wake ups, but it's all worth it.

Our hotel has a bus, but I just rented a minivan. Some days, like when we go to the Halloween Party, we need a car. Bus only runs during regular park hours.

Who decided to buy a house, renovate it for 2 months and have a tentative move in date sooo close to my vacation? THIS GIRL.

I will definitely NEED this vacation after the past three months I've had.

I'm at the point where all my plans are out the window and I'm just going to go with the flow! I can see many fruity alcoholic beverages in my future! 30 more days! :drinking1

Super worried!!!!!!! Confirmed magical express and all things are good. However, last night we were frantic trying to find our luggage tags that came a few weeks ago. We put them with all of our important papers. Nothing. Called Customer Service last night and they are going to send out another set but it takes 10 business days. I don't think we'll get them in time. *TEARS* We leave Oct. 4. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Staying off-site. Counting down two more days until I can make my FP+ reservations for our first day... being off-site I think we have to wait for every morning at 6am to make the FP+ reservations, so that will be fun to do early weekend wake ups, but it's all worth it.
Yes, you will need to make FP selections daily if offsite. FP booking window opens at 7 am EST.

Super worried!!!!!!! Confirmed magical express and all things are good. However, last night we were frantic trying to find our luggage tags that came a few weeks ago. We put them with all of our important papers. Nothing. Called Customer Service last night and they are going to send out another set but it takes 10 business days. I don't think we'll get them in time. *TEARS* We leave Oct. 4. Has this ever happened to anyone?
Worst case scenario you can take your bagge claim tickets to the DME desk and they will pull your bags for you.

You'll be fine. You have Disney Magic on your side and it's gonna work out and they'll be there in time

Worst case scenario you can take your bagge claim tickets to the DME desk and they will pull your bags for you.

I just want it to go seemlessly, you know. Magical Express was one of our favorite parts on our last trip. Seems to set a tone for the rest of the vacay. Thanks for letting me know the option to go to the DME desk.

Promise I won't be constantly annoying about this but... ZIPPITY DO DAAAAAA it's 30 days for us!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter