***The Official October 2016 Thread***

I have 8 days to go and I've started packing!

I had my daughter try on her costumes yesterday to make sure they fit. I packed those along with my MNSSHP costume. I'll probably start the majority of the packing this weekend!

I had my daughter try on her costumes yesterday to make sure they fit. I packed those along with my MNSSHP costume. I'll probably start the majority of the packing this weekend!

My husband thinks I'm nuts for getting started on packing so soon but I love it. I had my daughter try on her outfits for each day last night and we've both tried on our MNSSHP costumes last week. I have to go and get a couple more tee shirts for myself today and I'll most likely start my packing this weekend as well. I can't wait to go "home".

My husband thinks I'm nuts for getting started on packing so soon but I love it. I had my daughter try on her outfits for each day last night and we've both tried on our MNSSHP costumes last week. I have to go and get a couple more tee shirts for myself today and I'll most likely start my packing this weekend as well. I can't wait to go "home".

Packing early helps avoid rushing, which avoids not packing things you need. That's how I see it anyway :)

Woo same here! I hope next week goes by fast!

Me too! I have a lot going on next week so hopefully that will help. My daughter has Girl Scouts on Monday, Church choir practice on Wednesday and then a Girl Scout service project on Thursday.

31 days!! My Magical Express tag arrived today. I'm so excited!!

I had another question about MNSSHP. I'm going to upgrade to an annual pass when I arrive. My question is, should I wait to buy my ticket for MNSSHP to use the annual pass discount, or should I just order it now?

31 days!! My Magical Express tag arrived today. I'm so excited!!

I had another question about MNSSHP. I'm going to upgrade to an annual pass when I arrive. My question is, should I wait to buy my ticket for MNSSHP to use the annual pass discount, or should I just order it now?

Honestly, I'd get your MNSSHP party tickets now. So far only the Halloween party has sold out but who knows if the ones close to Halloween will sell out. Better safe than sorry, imo.

Of course, I bought my MNSSHP tickets months ago *L*

Three weeks to eating around the world ! Anybody there now to post pics of the festivities ? I am hoping there are still some dooney bags available when I get there !:flower1:

Heck, I'm 14 days out and have started putting aside clothes that I know I can. Including the halloween costumes. Glad to know I'm not alone! And I agree -- it just cuts down on the stress and stuff I have to do at the last minute, especially as I'm working a full day the day before we fly out. Plus I have to pack for three people -- DH has just himself.

Three weeks to eating around the world ! Anybody there now to post pics of the festivities ? I am hoping there are still some dooney bags available when I get there !:flower1:

Me too! I am usually not a huge purse/D&B fan but those purses are darn cute.

Just had to take DD to a podiatrist yesterday. We took her to the pedi last week as the OTC treatment for her plantars wart on her sole did diddly-squat. Pedi froze it with liquid nitrogen. That didn't do much. So took her to the podiatrist who said it had been there for longer than we thought, shaved it with a razor, numbed it, and put this beetle juice (from France! O la la) on it that burns it out (he said that's proven most effective in his experience). I told him the amount of walking coming up and so he did treat it a bit more aggressively. Honestly? It looks awful. He did dig it out! But he's optimistic it will be gone soon and she'll be able to walk and swim just fine when we go. Poor little thing. So glad that she'll get this great surprise as a treat for being awesome through all the pain this wart has caused. Fingers crossed it heals up quickly and is truly gone.

Last edited:
Heck, I'm 14 days out and have started putting aside clothes that I know I can. Including the halloween costumes. Glad to know I'm not alone! And I agree -- it just cuts down on the stress and stuff I have to do at the last minute, especially as I'm working a full day the day before we fly out. Plus I have to pack for three people -- DH has just himself.

It's just me and my daughter this trip so I pack for everyone. If my DH was coming, he'd just pack for himself.

I am hoping to be nearly all packed by Tuesday or Wednesday. We are doing a service project with my daughter's Girl Scout troop on Thursday and then having pizza afterwords. I have to work before we leave on Friday and I don't want to be up all night packing.

Hey, how long do you think it would take me to get from AKL to AK to head to guest services to grab my rewards card and return? Just trying to get an idea as we have a dinner reservation and need to transfer from USO prior as well. Thanks!

Me too! I am usually not a huge purse/D&B fan but those purses are darn cute.

Just had to take DD to a podiatrist yesterday. We took her to the pedi last week as the OTC treatment for her plantars wart on her sole did diddly-squat. Pedi froze it with liquid nitrogen. That didn't do much. So took her to the podiatrist who said it had been there for longer than we thought, shaved it with a razor, numbed it, and put this beetle juice (from France! O la la) on it that burns it out (he said that's proven most effective in his experience). I told him the amount of walking coming up and so he did treat it a bit more aggressively. Honestly? It looks awful. He did dig it out! But he's optimistic it will be gone soon and she'll be able to walk and swim just fine when we go. Poor little thing. So glad that she'll get this great surprise as a treat for being awesome through all the pain this wart has caused. Fingers crossed it heals up quickly and is truly gone.
I had those in high school and during pregnancy, isn't that weird? Your body's immune response is strange at times. I know it's a virus but I swear hormones cause it to flare too. It will get better. Soaking my foot in water helped it heal enough to shed the extra skin layers. Give it some time to be moist every day and scrub it as much as you can. I know not everyone can handle it without being squeamish but it will get better. The first few days were the worst for me. The initial treatment is really the worst. She's brave. Extra band aids, thick socks, and comfy shoes help. Good luck!! She is lucky you care enough to try to get better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter