***The Official October 2016 Thread***

Can't believe all the events I am interested in are not happening while DH and I are there 15-22 Oct. well with the exception of Christopher Cross at eat to the beat....I can just hear "sailing takes me away......"

Hello! :wave2: I've been planing our October trip for a while but just decided to join the group. We will be staying at POFQ from Oct 15-22. The first two days we will be at Universal but staying/eating at Disney. We will be attending the party on 10/20. This trip is celebrating mine and my best friend's 40th birthdays with our families. :cake: There will be 7 of us total.

This will be our first trip in October, our first party, and our last family trip was 5 years ago so a lot has changed! We have our ADR's and waiting for FP+ day.

Has anyone been during this period, Oct 14-19? How are the crowds and weather?? It's our first time at wdw in October. Also doing the MNSSHP for the first time.

My DH and I went October 18th-25th in 2014, The crowds were manageable, all depends on which park you were on what day. The weather was nice, stayed mostly in mid 70s to mid 80s. Of course the hottest night there was during MNSSHP that we went to. My DH was in a Olaf fleece onesie and I was in my Anna costume that had a few layers to it. Needless to say we were a little miserable. He did find one other guest with the same onesie, that made his night because he knew someone else was suffering as much as him!

MNSSHP is so worth it!! you will have a blast! The Hallo-wishes fireworks are my favorite display!! Theres something about them thats amazing!! Try and watch the parade too! you see a lot of villains you don't normally see! and try at least one of the special treats offered during the event!

I've been once more around that time in 2013 also. around the same temperatures. I love it that time of year!

I feel slightly bad for wishing summer away - but I'm going to be so excited when summer is over! Bring on Autumn and Disney!

Don't feel bad! i feel the same way! I do not enjoy 85+, i love autumn!!! that is why i got married in the fall!

So, I'm getting a bit concerned. It seems like every week this fall has more availability than my week of October 15-22. It doesn't seem like there are a bunch of Disboarders going that week. What am I missing. Who is invading DW that I have not accounted for? We are going with another family and this is the only time they could go so we are stuck with this week, but I'm getting nervous!!

Don't feel bad! i feel the same way! I do not enjoy 85+, i love autumn!!! that is why i got married in the fall!

I got married in the fall too - we are actually leaving on September 30th (taking 2 days to drive down to FL) which is my 10th wedding anniversary :D I wanted to get married in October but we didn't want to risk bad weather because we got married in Michigan.

So, I'm getting a bit concerned. It seems like every week this fall has more availability than my week of October 15-22. It doesn't seem like there are a bunch of Disboarders going that week. What am I missing. Who is invading DW that I have not accounted for? We are going with another family and this is the only time they could go so we are stuck with this week, but I'm getting nervous!!

It may be fall break for some parts of the country. Usually that is around Columbus Day but that is early this year.

I've heard that it can get a bit more crowded the closer you get to Halloween - but that just might be the MNSSHP parties.

Gartner Conference is Oct 16-20

It is fall break for many (like us) which tends to fall around Columbus Day. I've heard it is a bit more crowded but manageable. We still opted to go at that time. :)

Thanks! I thought we were avoiding the fall breaks but since we don't have one I didn't know when they were. I'm sure a big chunk is that Gartner conference. Hopefully that won't impact the rides and attratctions too much. We got all of our ADR's at the 180+ mark so we are good there. Now to wait on our fp+ day! (and obsesses over touring plans of course)

My DH and I went October 18th-25th in 2014, The crowds were manageable, all depends on which park you were on what day. The weather was nice, stayed mostly in mid 70s to mid 80s. Of course the hottest night there was during MNSSHP that we went to. My DH was in a Olaf fleece onesie and I was in my Anna costume that had a few layers to it. Needless to say we were a little miserable. He did find one other guest with the same onesie, that made his night because he knew someone else was suffering as much as him!

MNSSHP is so worth it!! you will have a blast! The Hallo-wishes fireworks are my favorite display!! Theres something about them thats amazing!! Try and watch the parade too! you see a lot of villains you don't normally see! and try at least one of the special treats offered during the event!

I've been once more around that time in 2013 also. around the same temperatures. I love it that time of year!

Ha!! I will have to remember to avoid the onesie. Thanks for the October update. We're looking so forward to the party now!!

Did they recently update the park hours for October? I was just looking and I thought they had AK closing at 5:00 for our week (15-22) but it is now saying 7:00. I feel like the other parks have later times too. :confused3

Did they recently update the park hours for October? I was just looking and I thought they had AK closing at 5:00 for our week (15-22) but it is now saying 7:00. I feel like the other parks have later times too. :confused3

Now that you mention it, I noticed that for our AK day (Oct 30), too!

Now that you mention it, I noticed that for our AK day (Oct 30), too!
They did change the time to 7pm, but I have a feeling it may be a bit later once they get he Jungle Book vs. Rivers of Light situation figured out. Right now I believe the Jungle Book show goes through 9/5 and AK is open until 11pm... The next day 9/6 closing changes to 8pm. We still have yet to see if that's due to the busy season ending or if it will be extended once opening for RoL is announced.

Right now we are scheduled to go to AK the morning of our MNSSHP so I will be watching to see if I need to fit a night visit to AK in our trip. Thank goodness we get park hoppers!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter