***The Official October 2016 Thread***

ETTB Update: Dennis Deyoung (Styx) Oct 17-19. Confirmed on his WEBSITE.

We are there Oct 18 so this makes me happy we get to see someone I like while we are there.

Does anyone know if it would be better to rent a wheelchair from the parks or one of the companies that delivers? My daughter is having scoliosis spine fusion June 2 and trying to plan when she'll be almost 5 months post op.
We rented a wheelchair from an outside a company a few years ago for my mom. It was at the hotel when we arrived and we just left it at the counter when we left. it was very easy and convenient and less expensive than on site, plus the time saved of everyday having to wait in line to get a wheelchair at the park.

I didn't know where else to post this so i thought I would just ask you all....We are staying at AoA 10/4-10/9. I want to add another day to my reservations and 1 more day of tickets with park hopper. Can I do that myself through My Disney Experience without screwing everything up?

I didn't know where else to post this so i thought I would just ask you all....We are staying at AoA 10/4-10/9. I want to add another day to my reservations and 1 more day of tickets with park hopper. Can I do that myself through My Disney Experience without screwing everything up?

Depends - if you have a package, you would need to call Disney Central Reservations. If it's room only, you should be able to modify the reservation on the Disney World website.

Info released for the Animal Kingdom night experiences. You'll be able to make ADR's tomorrow for The Jungle Book dining packages. It will be interesting to see if October dates will be available.

MAY 27TH – Kilimanjaro Safaris nighttime safaris, Tree of Life Awakenings, Tiffins Restaurant & Nomad Lounge

Beginning May 27, the park will awaken at night with new rich experiences under the stars. There’s an exciting lineup of new experiences coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom after the sun sets, including nightly awakenings of the park’s iconic Tree of Life. Beginning May 27, animal spirits will be brought to life each night by magical fireflies that reveal colorful stories of wonder and enchantment along with other amazing sights at the tree.

After the sun sets, you’ll also be able to explore Kilimanjaro Safaris and see the nighttime behavior of the wildlife and better tune into the unique vocalization of the animals like never before. Among the new experiences, the village of Harambe in Africa will become the place to enjoy “Wildlife Parti” and the spirited community of Discovery Island will come together to celebrate their love of the natural world with the Discovery Island Carnivale.

FastPass+ and dining packages for Disney’s Animal Kingdom night experiences will become available beginning tomorrow, May 21.

I believe ROL should be running by then, so don't expect JB packages to be released past 7/2 for now.

Depends - if you have a package, you would need to call Disney Central Reservations. If it's room only, you should be able to modify the reservation on the Disney World website.

DID AND DONE!!! Called Reserverations and they added a day with tickets. I'm so excited!!! Now I have a whole new day to plan and make ADR for! Eep!

I believe ROL should be running by then, so don't expect JB packages to be released past 7/2 for now.
At 6:30 am EST, last date showing as available to book for this package is September 5th.

Yep, that was my big question as to whether there would be that proverbial Sophie's choice between JB or ROL. If just ROL by October, that neatly solves that problem. Wish they would just get on with announcing the packages and hours.

Yep, that was my big question as to whether there would be that proverbial Sophie's choice between JB or ROL. If just ROL by October, that neatly solves that problem. Wish they would just get on with announcing the packages and hours.
JB was announced as the "interim" show until ROL is ready, so will cease to exist when ROL starts. There won't be a choice :)

Has anyone here ever been to the Food and Wine Festival before? This will be our first trip during it. I was wondering if there is a strategy of what day of the week would be best? Are crowds mostly there for the food? Typically how are the lines for the rides during the festival?

Why did it take me so long to find this thread? Awesome info, thank you! We will be at the Beach Club from 10/16-10/21, then checking into a one-bedroom villa at Kidani Village from 10/21-10/24! :)

Has anyone here ever been to the Food and Wine Festival before? This will be our first trip during it. I was wondering if there is a strategy of what day of the week would be best? Are crowds mostly there for the food? Typically how are the lines for the rides during the festival?
Very interested to hear these answers! We chose a Thursday and a Tuesday for our Epcot days, hoping to avoid craziness.

Definitely try to avoid the weekends of possible. Crowds tend to be a little heavier with locals. The rides are mostly in future world so I wouldn't say they're much affected by the festival.

There will likely be an official F&W thread on one of the main boards (theme parks, restaurants, etc.) so just keep your eyes peeled. I read that last year the thread was started around May 31. Like vrajewski said, so far my research has turned up that weekends are very crowded and that it can also get more packed towards the evening. I haven't heard about the crowds for F&W affecting the ride lines at all but you can never tell. I have heard that it can be easier to go to the main center and get a bracelet prepaid card to use when getting some of the food and drinks. Have fun!

I just posted this on a facebook group but I wanted to post it here too. I just got a call from Dining Reservations that DHS is closing at 6pm on Thursday October 6th. If you have reservations there, they'll call you to reschedule. Otherwise, if you had plans there for that night you might want to reschedule. Just wanted to pass it along!

I just posted this on a facebook group but I wanted to post it here too. I just got a call from Dining Reservations that DHS is closing at 6pm on Thursday October 6th. If you have reservations there, they'll call you to reschedule. Otherwise, if you had plans there for that night you might want to reschedule. Just wanted to pass it along!
I got the same call :-/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter