***The Official October 2016 Thread***

I feel like we're going to save so much time by being able to ride together instead of rider switching or backtracking so my husband or I can re-ride something. We'll still have to do it for a few rides, but not as many as I was worried about!

So I am currently chatting with a WDW chat person and I asked about any possibilities of bands for the Eat to the Beat concert series... she told me:
So I haven't found anything officially confirmed and most of them say TBD but it looks like Starship, Fuel, 38 Special, Jeffrey Osbourne, Christopher Cross, Plain White T's, Wang Chung, Delta Rae, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Wilson Phillips and Boyz II Men are all possibilities. I have no confirmed dates.

So I am currently chatting with a WDW chat person and I asked about any possibilities of bands for the Eat to the Beat concert series... she told me:
So I haven't found anything officially confirmed and most of them say TBD but it looks like Starship, Fuel, 38 Special, Jeffrey Osbourne, Christopher Cross, Plain White T's, Wang Chung, Delta Rae, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Wilson Phillips and Boyz II Men are all possibilities. I have no confirmed dates.

Just found on Fuel's website they will be performing on Saturday, Sept. 24th

Disney Parks Blog posted a Food & Wine Fest update yesterday however there was any new info on the Eat to the Beat concerts:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...s-trend-setting-beverages-live-entertainment/

Eat to the Beat Update from THIS press release.

Wang Chung Sept 14-15

Announced but no date given:
Delta Rae
Toad The Wet Sprocket
Wilson Phillips
Boyz II Men

I checked their tour schedules and none have anything posted for Epcot. Boyz II Men plays in GA on Oct 12 then a 2 week gap until their next show so guessing they will be in Epcot sometime between OCT 13 and OCT 27.

Eat to the Beat Update from THIS press release.

Wang Chung Sept 14-15

Announced but no date given:
Delta Rae
Toad The Wet Sprocket
Wilson Phillips
Boyz II Men

I checked their tour schedules and none have anything posted for Epcot. Boyz II Men plays in GA on Oct 12 then a 2 week gap until their next show so guessing they will be in Epcot sometime between OCT 13 and OCT 27.
Christopher Cross' website says he will be at WDW Oct 21-22.

October 23-28, staying offsite. Second trip for me, wife, and two daughters 8 and 5. Went three years ago. This time my mother in law will be with us, so we will have at least one date night. 5 day park hopper. Got BOG dinner one night, so we're going to the Halloween party that night. Dinner's at 6:20, so I hope we don't lose too much more than half an hour of the party.

Got Y&Y for lunch our AK day, happy about that. Got 50's PT for lunch at HS. Very excited about Askershus for lunch on our EP day. All were top choices for us for lunch. Doing dinner off site at least two nights. Still figuring our EP dinner - Marrakesh is booked for now.

Last edited:
My trip now officially includes a WDW component (two MNSSHP's booked this afternoon!), so I guess I can join in too :).

October 14th - 28th, Sheraton Vistana Resort

We leave exactly 150 days from today!:jumping1:

List should be all updated, so if I missed you please let me know.

ALSO, I finally got the chance to sort the list by resort. It was a huge pain in the neck :faint: and I'm pretty sure I was starting to go cross-eyed. So again, if I missed you let me know.
If you are staying at more than one resort I tried to list you under both resorts.
If you were on the list as undecided on a resort, I obviously didn't add you to the resort list.
If you were undecided, but now have a resort picked out, leave your dates and resort and I will add you.

I hope everyone's planning is going well! Fastpass/Check-In day will be here before we know it!!:jumping1:

List should be all updated, so if I missed you please let me know.

ALSO, I finally got the chance to sort the list by resort. It was a huge pain in the neck :faint: and I'm pretty sure I was starting to go cross-eyed. So again, if I missed you let me know.
If you are staying at more than one resort I tried to list you under both resorts.
If you were on the list as undecided on a resort, I obviously didn't add you to the resort list.
If you were undecided, but now have a resort picked out, leave your dates and resort and I will add you.

I hope everyone's planning is going well! Fastpass/Check-In day will be here before we know it!!:jumping1:
It looks GREAT! Thank you for all of your time and work! (Last year I did the December 2015 thread, so I understand completely how much of an investment maintaining one of these threads can be!)

Any one care to make a guess as to when ROL packages will be rolling out? I feel like I need a temporary restraining order, I'm stalking for information so much.

Some refurbs being announced in rteetz's news thread. Many before or after Oct but some can affect some trips of those in this thread.

Dinosaur refurbishment at AK from July 25th to September 29th.
Swiss Family Tree House refurbishment July 6th to September 24th.
Blizzard Beach refurbishment from October 23rd to December 24th.

And of course Big Thunder Mountain Railroad August 8th to November 19th.

Any one care to make a guess as to when ROL packages will be rolling out? I feel like I need a temporary restraining order, I'm stalking for information so much.
Disney has told us to watch the blog for an announcement 5/20. Fingers crossed!

After having a stressful day last week, I decided that we needed to go to the IFWF. Luckily, DH did not mind when I told him that I booked a trip for the beginning of October :love: We are staying at the Swan. His only concern was that I would get tired of WDW (we were there Dec 2015 and are staying at BWV Dec 2016. Okay, I admit it! We pretty much go every year!). How could I get tired of it? There's NEVER enough time to do all of the things I want to fit in:tigger:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter